Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,740 members, 7,817,040 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:24 AM

See How A UNILORIN Student Returned Money To The University Purse - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / See How A UNILORIN Student Returned Money To The University Purse (32283 Views)

UNILORIN Student Sits On The Main Road, Attempting Suicide Over Ponzi Scheme / How A Lecturer Punished A UNILORIN Final Year Student / Signing Out Pictures Of A Unilorin Nairalander!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

See How A UNILORIN Student Returned Money To The University Purse by oluwadanie1(m): 3:48pm On Feb 17, 2015
Miss Dolapo Ibiyemi,
A 300Level Student of Plant Biology,
UNIVERSITY OF ILORIN,

Hear her: “When I was in 100level, I paid for hostel accommodation but didn’t
print out the receipt and other forms. So I didn’t get the hostel slot because I
didn’t have the receipt and form to backup my allocation. And the school
authority said they would refund the money and they refunded it twice”

She added “I just felt it’s not my money and I won’t have peace of mind if I
spent it”. And so, she returned the money to the University purse!

How many of us can do this ??
I think she needs to be awarded.

HOW IT HAPPENED…

In the spirit of the high moral standards being
inculcated in the University of Ilorin students, a 300-
level student of the Department of Plant Biology, Miss
Dolapo Ibiyemi, has returned N28, 000, which was
mistakenly credited into her bank account by the
University.

In a chat with Unilorin Bulletin, Miss Ibiyemi said that
the University mistakenly credited her account twice
when she could not secure a hostel accommodation she
had applied for due to her failure to print the required
forms online.

Narrating how it all happened, the student, a native of
Erin-Ile in Oyun Local Government Area of Kwara State,
said, ”When I was in 100Level, I paid for hostel
accommodation but didn’t print out the receipt and
other forms. So, I didn’t get the Hostel slot because I
didn’t have the receipt and form to back up my
allocation. And the school authority said they would
refund the money and they refunded it twice”.

She added, ”I just felt it’s not my money and I won’t
have peace of mind if I spent it”.

When asked if anybody influenced her decision to return
the money, she said, “My parents told me to return it. I
am returning it because I want to have peace of mind”.
In his remarks, the Dean of Student Affairs, Prof.

Abayomi Omotesho, noted that the student’s behaviour
has attested to the fact that University of Ilorin is better
by far, not just in learning but also in character.

Prof. Omotesho, who was represented by the Sub–
Dean, Student Affairs, Dr Yusuf AbdulRaheem, said,
“Most times, we have always advertised students who
have been involved in criminal activities but we feel that
somebody whose behaviour is in line with the vision and
mission of this university should also be celebrated”.

”We are encouraging other students to emulate this
kind of behaviour because at the end of the day,
honesty pays and dishonesty has its own reward”, he
added.

The Dean noted that ”if our leaders can emulate this
kind of behaviour, Nigeria would be better for it”.

He commended Miss Ibiyemi’s resolve to pursue the
honest path “despite going through the stress of
wanting to refund the money, you are still saying what
you are giving me is not my own, that’s commendable.
Her attitude has only shown that Unilorin is not just
better by far but best by standard”.

: http://acadablog.com/see-how-a-unilorin-student-returned-money-to-the-university-purse/

36 Likes 3 Shares

Re: See How A UNILORIN Student Returned Money To The University Purse by mperoakeem(m): 4:25pm On Feb 17, 2015
good 4 her... She proves she's ' better by far'
Ftc... Ayam really grateful firstly to God for making me the fast finger and to airtel for no dulling moment... Hehehe

15 Likes

Re: See How A UNILORIN Student Returned Money To The University Purse by Dammytrager(m): 5:13pm On Feb 17, 2015
How much is the money first?

1 Like

Re: See How A UNILORIN Student Returned Money To The University Purse by oluwadanie1(m): 5:57pm On Feb 17, 2015
Dammytrager:
How much is the money first?
Re: See How A UNILORIN Student Returned Money To The University Purse by davdandam(m): 6:58pm On Feb 17, 2015
I know one day ,they'll say I returned something also lol but pending the time all these holy pass attitude na garri soaking dey end am lol especially that 10million naira lady angry and this 28k could have been put to beta use like supporting airforce1s album grin

41 Likes 1 Share

Re: See How A UNILORIN Student Returned Money To The University Purse by shadelek(m): 6:58pm On Feb 17, 2015
Re: See How A UNILORIN Student Returned Money To The University Purse by korel9: 6:59pm On Feb 17, 2015
Op, can you please tell me where she leaves?

That girl surely deserves some spanking angry

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: See How A UNILORIN Student Returned Money To The University Purse by freshness2020: 6:59pm On Feb 17, 2015
Done a similar action before but its tempting sha!
Re: See How A UNILORIN Student Returned Money To The University Purse by tiamiyukunle69(m): 6:59pm On Feb 17, 2015
Lovely gesture.....me likey......keep it up sister. Your reward is imminent

1 Like

Re: See How A UNILORIN Student Returned Money To The University Purse by Hienzy(m): 6:59pm On Feb 17, 2015
Chin Chin money!

1 Like

Re: See How A UNILORIN Student Returned Money To The University Purse by Eladua(m): 6:59pm On Feb 17, 2015
Good student
Re: See How A UNILORIN Student Returned Money To The University Purse by johnshagb(m): 7:00pm On Feb 17, 2015
Well done young woman. BTW, such error is easily detectable but it's good she did the right thing anyway.
Re: See How A UNILORIN Student Returned Money To The University Purse by Nobody: 7:00pm On Feb 17, 2015
undecided ok oo

hpe she's nad doin it fr future expectations
Re: See How A UNILORIN Student Returned Money To The University Purse by Oildichotomy(m): 7:00pm On Feb 17, 2015
She is good in a stupid way

I like her though -- pretty smile too

2 Likes

Re: See How A UNILORIN Student Returned Money To The University Purse by siegfried99(m): 7:00pm On Feb 17, 2015
28k is small money na compared to that woman who returned 12m angry

4 Likes

Re: See How A UNILORIN Student Returned Money To The University Purse by Nobody: 7:00pm On Feb 17, 2015
what is 28k mmmmmtchew??

its not worth the stress!!
Re: See How A UNILORIN Student Returned Money To The University Purse by adioolayi(m): 7:00pm On Feb 17, 2015
Good girl....God bless you
nice one
Re: See How A UNILORIN Student Returned Money To The University Purse by Sirnuel: 7:00pm On Feb 17, 2015
nice of her.

so honest people still exist
Re: See How A UNILORIN Student Returned Money To The University Purse by Nobody: 7:01pm On Feb 17, 2015
Gej till 2019

1 Like

Re: See How A UNILORIN Student Returned Money To The University Purse by Hienzy(m): 7:01pm On Feb 17, 2015
For dream?? Hehehe
Re: See How A UNILORIN Student Returned Money To The University Purse by mosho2good: 7:01pm On Feb 17, 2015
Land for sale at only 2m
Re: See How A UNILORIN Student Returned Money To The University Purse by dstnd: 7:01pm On Feb 17, 2015
my school den.....I done graduate now
Re: See How A UNILORIN Student Returned Money To The University Purse by koolet: 7:01pm On Feb 17, 2015
lemme not lie ill see it az my luck ill never return itundecided those above me lieing are worse than ayam

2 Likes

Re: See How A UNILORIN Student Returned Money To The University Purse by owolabi3699(m): 7:01pm On Feb 17, 2015
eyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa dats nice #betabyfar

1 Like

Re: See How A UNILORIN Student Returned Money To The University Purse by allanphash7(m): 7:01pm On Feb 17, 2015
Which school os Uniilorin cos i schooled in Sri lanka
Re: See How A UNILORIN Student Returned Money To The University Purse by Adamsdelrio(m): 7:01pm On Feb 17, 2015
Probitas Doctrina......

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: See How A UNILORIN Student Returned Money To The University Purse by Airforce1(m): 7:01pm On Feb 17, 2015
wife material

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: See How A UNILORIN Student Returned Money To The University Purse by wemmieslim(f): 7:01pm On Feb 17, 2015
She tried,she's a good girl just like me wink
Re: See How A UNILORIN Student Returned Money To The University Purse by Vock(m): 7:01pm On Feb 17, 2015
fear of facing Tanke at work

4 Likes

Re: See How A UNILORIN Student Returned Money To The University Purse by delors(m): 7:02pm On Feb 17, 2015
I can do that o...it's just that I might not return it immediately. I will borrow it, and when I finish school and start working, I will now return it. cool

6 Likes

Re: See How A UNILORIN Student Returned Money To The University Purse by tudy: 7:02pm On Feb 17, 2015
she knows they may wait 4 her @finalyear better by far ko

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Elizade University Unveils New Identity, Celebrates New Course Accreditation / FUTO Vs UNIZIK Trending On Twitter; See Funny Tweets / At Last, Chibok Pupils Are Back In School (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.