Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,993 members, 7,821,471 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:26 PM

Doctors Putting Hands On Private Parts During Antenatal - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctors Putting Hands On Private Parts During Antenatal (89721 Views)

I Was Blackmailed For Allegedly Putting Ucth Funds In Mmm— Prof. Agan, Cmd / Review On Antenatal And Delivery Experience At St. Luke's Hospital, Sabo-yaba / Genital Shaving: Must We Shave Private Parts? "Glamekizzle" Must Read!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doctors Putting Hands On Private Parts During Antenatal by omicron(m): 12:04pm On Feb 18, 2015
Creamish:

Still waiting for the explanation o....pls all doz who "LIKED" his post shuld explain the distortion to me.. cheesy
Not to sound unprofessional, the pregnant vaginna is rather repulsive, all thanks to the physiological changes he talked about.

The hormonal changes help to alter the smell of it, most times making it take on a characteristically pungent odour that can easily induce nausea and vomittin. The extra vaginal discharges, the normal thick mucus, the blood, the "show", the characteristically malodourous liqour, these things make the experience of examination of the obstetric patient somewhat repugnant.

But no one is to blame. It is all normal, even if not pleasant.

The doctors are professional, most times they do not see "vaginass". In the gynae room, it is usually a diseased tissue, in the labour room, it becomes a birth canal. And nothing more, except of cos, in the bedroom.

I have resisted to urge to vomit many times during an obsteric exam. If I did, I might have been severely disciplined for that is unethical, even though I'm human. Those who watch Grey's Anatomy series will understand more.

A major part of obstetric and gynae residency is about instillng in the doctors, the utmost respect for women , and gynaecoligists are leading partners in women's rights advocacy programs.

I also do not blame the public. It is almost impossible to really understand the medical world or medical practice.

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Doctors Putting Hands On Private Parts During Antenatal by Creamish(f): 12:08pm On Feb 18, 2015
omicron:
Not to sound unprofessional, thd pregnant vaginna is rather repulsive, all thanks to the physiological changes he talked about.

The hormonal changes help to alter the smell of it, most times making take on a characteristically pungent odour that can easily induce nausea and vomittin. The extra vaginal discharges, the normal thick mucus, the blood, the "show", the characteristically malodourous liqour, these things make the experience of examination of the obstetric patient somewhat unpalatable.

The doctors are professional, most times they do not see "vaginass". In the gynae room, it is usually a diseased tissue, in the labour room, it becomes a birth canal. And nothing more, except of cos, in the bedroom.

I have resisted to urge to vomit many times during an obsteric exam. If I did, I might have been severely disciplined for that is unethical. Those who watch Grey's Anatomy series will understand more.

I also do not blame the public. It is almost impossible to really understand the medical world or medical practice.

Exactly wat i asked for. I doubt alot of women are aware of this cos frankly, hubbyz never say anything different. They always make u feel good. Hmm...dat bad ehn? cheesy

Thanks for the info. smiley

BTW, is this change general?

@Kaeycea ... now how hard was it to explain it dis way? tongue
Re: Doctors Putting Hands On Private Parts During Antenatal by omicron(m): 12:22pm On Feb 18, 2015
Creamish:

Exactly wat i asked for. I doubt alot of women are aware of this cos frankly, hubbyz never say anything different. They always make u feel good. Hmm...dat bad ehn? cheesy

Thanks for the info. smiley

BTW, is this change general?

@Kaeycea ... now how hard was it to explain it dis way? tongue
Physiological changes in pregancy are almost always there. The dimensions of the changes, of cos, will vary between individual.

It is not a question of hygiene, far from it. It is same way the vaginass always have their characteristic odours, each being different from another.

The reaction of the lactic acid produced by the "good" bacteria in the vaginass with other substances, including cervical discharges, sweat from special sweat glands know as apocrine glands (similar to those under the armpit) help to produce vaginal odours.

In pregnancy, these things become exagerated, plus the extra mucus, the show etc, and in labour, the liquour and blood....

So, yes, it is general

11 Likes

Re: Doctors Putting Hands On Private Parts During Antenatal by Creamish(f): 12:25pm On Feb 18, 2015
omicron:
Physiological changes in pregancy are almost always there. The dimensions of the changes, of cos, will vary between individual.

It is not a question of hygene, far from it. It is same way the vaginass always have their characteristic odours, each being different from another.

The reaction of the lactic acid produced by the "good" bacteria in it with other substances including cervical discharges, sweat from special sweat glands know as apocrine glands (similar to those under the armpit) help to produce vaginal odours.

In pregnancy, these things become exagerated, plus the extra mucus, the show etc, and in labour the liquour and blood.

So, yes, it is general.

(Note that i have not mentioned how bad hygene (which is very common in pregnancy) can make this even more unpleasant)

thanks. smiley

2 Likes

Re: Doctors Putting Hands On Private Parts During Antenatal by Nobody: 12:43pm On Feb 18, 2015
Creamish:

thanks. smiley

Lol good you are satisfied now. You wanted a graphic description of how it isn't fun prying into pregnant females' private and someone has given it.

Thanks for making me almost throw-up right now.

7 Likes

Re: Doctors Putting Hands On Private Parts During Antenatal by Creamish(f): 1:03pm On Feb 18, 2015
Generals02:

Lol good you are satisfied now. You wanted a graphic description of how it isn't fun prying into pregnant females' private and someone has given it.

Thanks for making me almost throw-up right now.

tongue get used to d paper work now b4 u get to see the real deal.

1 Like

Re: Doctors Putting Hands On Private Parts During Antenatal by KanwuliaJara: 2:12pm On Feb 18, 2015
Why don't you try to watch how an antenatal visit is performed before starting a thread.
Youtube is your friend!
Simple.

The pooshie is not the 'temple of your god' you know? kiss

1 Like

Re: Doctors Putting Hands On Private Parts During Antenatal by mutter(f): 2:28pm On Feb 18, 2015
iduzebaba:
it's called vaginal examination, and it is part of the clinical examinations for pregnant women, it is not routine, and not always done during every antenatal visit but only when it's indicated. we doctors are professionals and should not be associated with lewdness.
In Germany it is done at every anti- natel from the unset- quite frustrating.
Re: Doctors Putting Hands On Private Parts During Antenatal by Franchise21(m): 2:45pm On Feb 18, 2015
xynerise:

That wasn't a mistake from him but a gbagaun grin
Na gbagaun u dey search for?
Re: Doctors Putting Hands On Private Parts During Antenatal by Macmilla(m): 3:05pm On Feb 18, 2015
xynerise:

Tell him.
I heard doctors do that to also expand the vulv'a opening lipsrsealed
Taaah! Shut up and stop spreading virus.

2 Likes

Re: Doctors Putting Hands On Private Parts During Antenatal by Macmilla(m): 3:07pm On Feb 18, 2015
xynerise:

Almost a doctor wink
With this stupidity of yours, if you become a doctor, I will tear my license.
Re: Doctors Putting Hands On Private Parts During Antenatal by Macmilla(m): 3:08pm On Feb 18, 2015
iduzebaba:
it's called vaginal examination, and it is part of the clinical examinations for pregnant women, it is not routine, and not always done during every antenatal visit but only when it's indicated. we doctors are professionals and should not be associated with lewdness.
Please tell them it's called clinical pelvimetry.

1 Like

Re: Doctors Putting Hands On Private Parts During Antenatal by Macmilla(m): 3:15pm On Feb 18, 2015
mrrock:

To be honest, any doctor who want to sleep with any lady patient will succeed. I heard they can even demand to inspect your wife's vagina when they fall in love with her even when such inspection is not necessary. After caressing her it's the woman that will start looking for them later.
You are such a demented sonofabitch.

5 Likes

Re: Doctors Putting Hands On Private Parts During Antenatal by Macmilla(m): 3:25pm On Feb 18, 2015
omicron:
Not to sound unprofessional, the pregnant vaginna is rather repulsive, all thanks to the physiological changes he talked about.

The hormonal changes help to alter the smell of it, most times making it take on a characteristically pungent odour that can easily induce nausea and vomittin. The extra vaginal discharges, the normal thick mucus, the blood, the "show", the characteristically malodourous liqour, these things make the experience of examination of the obstetric patient somewhat repugnant.

I have resisted to urge to vomit many times during an obsteric exam. If I did, I might have been severely disciplined for that is unethical, even though I'm human. Those who watch Grey's Anatomy series will understand more.

A major part of obstetric and gynae residency is about instillng in the doctors, the utmost respect for women , and gynaecoligists are leading partners in women's rights advocacy programs.

1 Like

Re: Doctors Putting Hands On Private Parts During Antenatal by 100Cents: 4:01pm On Feb 18, 2015
Dera25:
Please I need a matured advice, I have been having this argument with my fiancee and I want to confirm from the house especially ladies. She said that during antenatal there is a stage the doctor will start putingt his hand on the private part to examine the condition of the baby. But my problem with this is not only to confirm the authenticity of this story but I am feeling so disguise on how the male doctor will be putting hands on someone's dearly wife because of antenatal not even during child birth. No insult please

Go and study medicine.

Choose an old doctor, Buhari age..

2 Likes

Re: Doctors Putting Hands On Private Parts During Antenatal by 100Cents: 4:03pm On Feb 18, 2015
iduzebaba:

Story..

Anyway Vote GEJ..

1 Like

Re: Doctors Putting Hands On Private Parts During Antenatal by xynerise: 4:32pm On Feb 18, 2015
Macmilla:

With this stupidity of yours, if you become a doctor, I will tear my license.
I believe this is how you address your elders at home? Foolish Antelope

2 Likes

Re: Doctors Putting Hands On Private Parts During Antenatal by Greatpeter(m): 4:46pm On Feb 18, 2015
My friend, there is nothing in it. We call it VE (Virginal examination) It is to ascertain the foetus positioning.
Re: Doctors Putting Hands On Private Parts During Antenatal by ACM10: 5:23pm On Feb 18, 2015
iduzebaba:

There are very few indications for vaginal examination during antenatal care. Doctors seldom do it during routine antenatal care. Doctors only check for:

1. General condition of the pregnant woman.

2. Measure the symphysiofundal height.

3. Examine the gravid uterus for lie, presentation, etc

4. Check for fetal heart rate.

The doctor may request for obstetric scan.

So, this may be a classic case of molestation. Moreover, every examination must be done in the presence of a female chaperone.

6 Likes

Re: Doctors Putting Hands On Private Parts During Antenatal by ACM10: 5:29pm On Feb 18, 2015
Macmilla:

Please tell them it's called clinical pelvimetry.

You forgot that there are 3Ps that determine successful delivery(power, passage, and passenger). So clinical pelvimetry is rarely necessary

1 Like

Re: Doctors Putting Hands On Private Parts During Antenatal by Macmilla(m): 6:45pm On Feb 18, 2015
ACM10:

You forgot that there are 3Ps that determine successful delivery(power, passage, and passenger). So clinical pelvimetry is rarely necessary
Clinical pelvimetry, though not routinely done, accesses the passage.

2 Likes

Re: Doctors Putting Hands On Private Parts During Antenatal by 1miccza: 6:52pm On Feb 18, 2015
Creamish:

If u have this concern already, then its better u stick with a female gynae because its not only ante-natal examinations that may warrant such procedures..

What other procedures abeg??
Re: Doctors Putting Hands On Private Parts During Antenatal by ACM10: 7:04pm On Feb 18, 2015
Macmilla:

Clinical pelvimetry, though not routinely done, accesses the passage.

We are saying the same thing. Passage alone does not determine the progress of a labour because the fetal head is known to mold during decent. Do you routinely assess the passage during antenatal care? We may be dealing with sexual molestation here. Doing VE might induce labour or trigger severe bleeding in placenta previae. It is rarely indicated in a normal pregnancy. Besides pelvimetry is done from 36 weeks of gestation.

1 Like

Re: Doctors Putting Hands On Private Parts During Antenatal by Macmilla(m): 9:05pm On Feb 18, 2015
xynerise:

I believe this is how you address your elders at home? Foolish Antelope
I believe this is how you address your children at home. Wise antelope.
Re: Doctors Putting Hands On Private Parts During Antenatal by Macmilla(m): 9:16pm On Feb 18, 2015
ACM10:

We are saying the same thing. Passage alone does not determine the progress of a labour because the fetal head is known to mold during decent. Do you routinely assess the passage during antenatal care? We may be dealing with sexual molestation here. Doing VE might induce labour or trigger severe bleeding in placenta previae. It is rarely indicated in a normal pregnancy. Besides pelvimetry is done from 36 weeks of gestation.
Sexual molestation? Dude, seriously? Why are you so negative? I'm just trying to tell the guy that the VE is normal in pregnancy, though not routine, and here you go with your hulalabull of labour and bleeding. What message are you trying to pass to the guy that asked the question? You want to scare him enough to beat up any doctor that tries a VE on his pregnant wife when you know it can be indicated in some cases? Or you just want to tell us you know the possible complications of VE in pregnancy? Dude you might be a doctor, but you need to learn how to talk to and alleviate the fears of your patients.

11 Likes

Re: Doctors Putting Hands On Private Parts During Antenatal by LaRoyalHighness(f): 10:53pm On Feb 18, 2015
... I know of during labour... The doc inserts his fingers Several' times in to a woman 's private part to check how many CM @dilation things.

No it doesn't make us feel good... But we have to go through all that so that you can become a father.

That's why 'real men dont joke with women.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Doctors Putting Hands On Private Parts During Antenatal by ACM10: 12:19am On Feb 19, 2015
Macmilla:

Sexual molestation? Dude, seriously? Why are you so negative? I'm just trying to tell the guy that the VE is normal in pregnancy, though not routine, and here you go with your hulalabull of labour and bleeding. What message are you trying to pass to the guy that asked the question? You want to scare him enough to beat up any doctor that tries a VE on his pregnant wife when you know it can be indicated in some cases? Or you just want to tell us you know the possible complications of VE in pregnancy? Dude you might be a doctor, but you need to learn how to talk to and alleviate the fears of your patients.

With all due respect I disagree with some of the points you raised. Our discussion has nothing to do with alleviating patients fear. I'm imagining what will make a Dr to do a VE during a normal antenatal visit. I may not have every info with me. BTW, we did not hear Dr's side of the story. But I have seen cases of abuse by Drs in this regard. Some discuss it openly. I only want Drs to be more responsible and conduct themselves professionally. This might happen to your wife. We should call a spade a spade. I refuse to be a party to any cover up. The bad eggs of the profession must be identified and shamed. I apologise for using 'sexual molestation'.

6 Likes

Re: Doctors Putting Hands On Private Parts During Antenatal by Creamish(f): 7:36am On Feb 19, 2015
1miccza:

What other procedures abeg??

procedure or examination? undecided
Re: Doctors Putting Hands On Private Parts During Antenatal by Macmilla(m): 7:38am On Feb 19, 2015
ACM10:

With all due respect I disagree with some of the points you raised. Our discussion has nothing to do with alleviating patients fear. I'm imagining what will make a Dr to do a VE during a normal antenatal visit. I may not have every info with me. BTW, we did not hear Dr's side of the story. But I have seen cases of abuse by Drs in this regard. Some discuss it openly. I only want Drs to be more responsible and conduct themselves professionally. This might happen to your wife. We should call a spade a spade. I refuse to be a party to any cover up. The bad eggs of the profession must be identified and shamed. I apologise for using 'sexual molestation'.
Wow! You are not even a doctor and I've been thinking I was talking to one. Now I know you are not a doctor, I have nothing to discuss with you.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Doctors Putting Hands On Private Parts During Antenatal by kaeycea(m): 10:02am On Feb 19, 2015
ACM10:

i almost thought u're a Dr until this...

2 Likes

Re: Doctors Putting Hands On Private Parts During Antenatal by ACM10: 11:21am On Feb 19, 2015
Macmilla:

Wow! You are not even a doctor and I've been thinking I was talking to one. Now I know you are not a doctor, I have nothing to discuss with you.

Your opinion does not place food on my table. You are free to believe anything that tickles your fancy. It takes a doctor to know one.

1 Like

Re: Doctors Putting Hands On Private Parts During Antenatal by Macmilla(m): 12:42pm On Feb 19, 2015
kaeycea:

i almost thought u're a Dr until this...
Me too o. I thought the dude was a doctor. Well I give it to him, he has enough information to fool us all.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Who Knows What Can Cure Staph / I Found This On My Family Body Please What Is It? / Indian Man Cuts Off His Tongue As Sacrifice To God To Prevent Covid-19 (Graphic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.