Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,766 members, 7,817,112 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:08 AM

Ancient Igbo Pyramids: The Nsude Pyramids - Culture (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Ancient Igbo Pyramids: The Nsude Pyramids (81434 Views)

Africans Were The First People Of The Ancient Americas / The Ancient Ibibio People / History Of Nsibidi The Ancient Igbo Alphabets Britain Destroyed Ibo Civilization (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ancient Igbo Pyramids: The Nsude Pyramids by gatiano(m): 4:21pm On Feb 19, 2015
Pyramid development was independent! independent of what or who? that is a tricky double talking language. what does that mean?

KoloOyinbo:

Dialogue yes but when people say something wrong it must be pointed out. Pyramid development was independent. To argue otherwise is to argue from ignorance so please don't blame me for pointing it out. Nor does calling world experts 'WESTERN MASTERS' edify any argument. It merely inform us of your mind-set and motivation.
Re: Ancient Igbo Pyramids: The Nsude Pyramids by KoloOyinbo(m): 4:25pm On Feb 19, 2015
Ihuomadinihu:

Who says i must read from the net? Why do you choose to make things up. To hell with your expert opinions. I am smart enough to have mine independent of whatever they say! I already know the motivation behind squashing the possibility of a connection. It's very obvious. Go and find a pyramid in your region.

The motivation is simple. Archaeologists have said one thing and a non archaeologist with zero credentials says something else. Who to believe? I wonder? smiley

There are no pyramids in my region Celtic culture was concerned with Dolmens, Circles, Standing stones, passage graves etc. This does not diminish my culture any more than not influencing other pyramid building peoples diminishes yours!
Re: Ancient Igbo Pyramids: The Nsude Pyramids by Ihuomadinihu: 4:27pm On Feb 19, 2015
KoloOyinbo:

Contact in prehistory? Really? You clearly don't even understand what you are saying?

Should I disregard Archaeologists the world over for YOU? smiley
I hope you know i mean in ancient history. Nevertheless,you should tell us how old Nsude pyramid is? Hope you are not gonna quote Basden this time around. He is not an expert.:p
Re: Ancient Igbo Pyramids: The Nsude Pyramids by Ihuomadinihu: 4:31pm On Feb 19, 2015
KoloOyinbo:

The motivation is simple. Archaeologists have said one thing and a non archaeologist with zero credentials says something else. Who to believe? I wonder? smiley

There are no pyramids in my region Celtic culture was concerned with Dolmens, Circles, Standing stones, passage graves etc. This does not diminish my culture any more than not influencing other pyramid building peoples diminishes yours!
Now you have said what you should have said a long time ago!
It's really sensitive for you. You don't even need to believe my opinion,i said that a long time ago.
Re: Ancient Igbo Pyramids: The Nsude Pyramids by KoloOyinbo(m): 4:32pm On Feb 19, 2015
Ihuomadinihu:

Now you have said what you should have said a long time ago!
It's really sensitive for you. You don't even need to believe my opinion,i said that a long time ago.

Nope not sensitive to me at all. Why would it be?

You idea is quite simply wrong and no amount of obfuscation on you part can hide that.
Re: Ancient Igbo Pyramids: The Nsude Pyramids by Ihuomadinihu: 4:35pm On Feb 19, 2015
KoloOyinbo:

Nope not sensitive to me at all. Why would it be?

You idea is quite simply wrong and no amount of obfuscation on you part can hide that.
I don't see how it bothers you. I have the right to have my ideas without looking up to you or your Western experts.

1 Like

Re: Ancient Igbo Pyramids: The Nsude Pyramids by KoloOyinbo(m): 4:37pm On Feb 19, 2015
Ihuomadinihu:

I hope you know i mean in ancient history. Nevertheless,you should tell us how old Nsude pyramid is? Hope you are not gonna quote Basden this time around. He is not an expert.:p

OK. Even in ancient history there is little evidence for contact other than migration by isolated groups of nomadic hunter gatherers who were certainly NOT building any form of long term structure (NOMAD, HUNTER GATHERER see).

I will note what Basden say but await archaeological consensus in proper forums before accepting.
Re: Ancient Igbo Pyramids: The Nsude Pyramids by KoloOyinbo(m): 4:39pm On Feb 19, 2015
Ihuomadinihu:

I don't see how it bothers you. I have the right to have my ideas without looking up to you or your Western experts.

The experts are worldwide and independent. Your ideas are simply at odds with people qualified in the field.
Re: Ancient Igbo Pyramids: The Nsude Pyramids by gatiano(m): 4:42pm On Feb 19, 2015
kolo abeg leave tread. your ego won't allow you see. it is genetical issue.

KoloOyinbo:

The experts are worldwide and independent. Your ideas are simply at odds with people qualified in the field.

1 Like

Re: Ancient Igbo Pyramids: The Nsude Pyramids by Ihuomadinihu: 4:42pm On Feb 19, 2015
KoloOyinbo:

That's why it's my opinion. And it should be respected whether you like it or not. I don't have to swallow what you believe when African experts and scholars are yet to venture into African archaeology.
Re: Ancient Igbo Pyramids: The Nsude Pyramids by Ihuomadinihu: 4:44pm On Feb 19, 2015
KoloOyinbo:

OK. Even in ancient history there is little evidence for contact other than migration by isolated groups of nomadic hunter gatherers who were certainly NOT building any form of long term structure (NOMAD, HUNTER GATHERER
Lol. This is ridiculous!!
Re: Ancient Igbo Pyramids: The Nsude Pyramids by KoloOyinbo(m): 4:49pm On Feb 19, 2015
Ihuomadinihu:

Lol. This is ridiculous!!

OH? So you do not even know the terms NOMAD or HUNTER GATHERER? lol

Well the rest of the world await edification from you! When do you publish and in what respected academic peer reviewed journal?
Re: Ancient Igbo Pyramids: The Nsude Pyramids by KoloOyinbo(m): 4:50pm On Feb 19, 2015
Ihuomadinihu:

That's why it's my opinion. And it should be respected whether you like it or not. I don't have to swallow what you believe when African experts and scholars are yet to venture into African archaeology.

How do you know African experts and scholars have not yet ventured into it? Have you even read any archaeology?
Re: Ancient Igbo Pyramids: The Nsude Pyramids by KoloOyinbo(m): 4:53pm On Feb 19, 2015
Ihuomadinihu:

Of course and you ideas are simply unsupported by any evidence.

The experts (not western, eastern, black or white) don't expect anyone (least of all you) to look up to them. They state the situation and you can accept or be wrong as you see fit! wink
Re: Ancient Igbo Pyramids: The Nsude Pyramids by Ihuomadinihu: 4:55pm On Feb 19, 2015
KoloOyinbo:

Of course and you ideas are simply unsupported by any evidence.

The experts (not western, eastern, black or white) don't expect anyone (least of all you) to look up to them. They state the situation and you can accept or be wrong as you see fit! wink
It should not bother you,i see why it's so sensitive and touchy for you. Lol. You are not in a position to tell me what to believe,neither have i pursueded you to believe mine.

1 Like

Re: Ancient Igbo Pyramids: The Nsude Pyramids by KoloOyinbo(m): 5:03pm On Feb 19, 2015
Ihuomadinihu:

It should not bother you,i see why it's so sensitive and touchy for you. Lol. You are not in a position to tell me what to believe,neither have i pursueded you to believe mine.

The only thing that bothers me is when folks refuse to learn!

You had an opportunity to learn something about history here and instead prefer to cling to an erroneous belief. Sad but not the end of the world.
Re: Ancient Igbo Pyramids: The Nsude Pyramids by Ihuomadinihu: 5:05pm On Feb 19, 2015
KoloOyinbo:

The only thing that bothers me is when folks refuse to learn!

You had an opportunity to learn something about history here and instead prefer to cling to an erroneous belief. Sad but not the end of the world.
No one is ready to learn from a self-acclaimed Mr know it all. Keep your knowledge to yourself. While i hold mine....
Is that so hard for you?

2 Likes

Re: Ancient Igbo Pyramids: The Nsude Pyramids by Ihuomadinihu: 5:09pm On Feb 19, 2015
KoloOyinbo:

Well the rest of the world await edification from you! When do you publish and in what respected academic peer reviewed journal?
As much as you claim to be in love with African culture,you've only demonstrated your racist sentiments on this topic. Anyone that disaggres with you is Uneducated and amature. How sad!

2 Likes

Re: Ancient Igbo Pyramids: The Nsude Pyramids by KoloOyinbo(m): 5:11pm On Feb 19, 2015
Ihuomadinihu:

No one is ready to learn from a self-acclaimed Mr know it all. Keep your knowledge to yourself. While i hold mine....
Is that so hard for you?

Your fantasy is not knowledge. That is already there for those who wish to learn.
Re: Ancient Igbo Pyramids: The Nsude Pyramids by Ihuomadinihu: 5:12pm On Feb 19, 2015
KoloOyinbo:

How do you know African experts and scholars have not yet ventured into it? Have you even read any archaeology?
How many African/Nigerian experts do you know. Even Diop's work is neglected because he is African,an amature and uneducated with no capacity to think independent of Western experts.
Good riddance....

2 Likes

Re: Ancient Igbo Pyramids: The Nsude Pyramids by Ihuomadinihu: 5:13pm On Feb 19, 2015
KoloOyinbo:

Your fantasy is not knowledge. That is already there for those who wish to learn.
Thank God you called it fantasy. That's your defintion not mine.
Re: Ancient Igbo Pyramids: The Nsude Pyramids by KoloOyinbo(m): 5:15pm On Feb 19, 2015
Ihuomadinihu:

As much as you claim to be in love with African culture,you've only demonstrated your racist sentiments on this topic. Anyone that disaggres with you is Uneducated and amature. How sad!

Racist? I doubt that. I would not denigrate any culture by inventing nonsense about it to denigrate it in everyone's eyes when the realise you feel so bad about it you have to invent untruths to bolster it. African history is rich enough and proud enough with having to invent blatantly false claims. You do your brothers a disservice and unnecessarily so!
Re: Ancient Igbo Pyramids: The Nsude Pyramids by Ihuomadinihu: 5:15pm On Feb 19, 2015
KoloOyinbo:

No, no one knows what hunter means.

1 Like

Re: Ancient Igbo Pyramids: The Nsude Pyramids by KoloOyinbo(m): 5:16pm On Feb 19, 2015
Ihuomadinihu:

No, no one knows what hunter means.

If you say so!
Re: Ancient Igbo Pyramids: The Nsude Pyramids by Ihuomadinihu: 5:18pm On Feb 19, 2015
KoloOyinbo:

Racist? I doubt that. I would not denigrate any culture by inventing nonsense about it to denigrate it in everyone's eyes when the realise you feel so bad about it you have to invent untruths to bolster it. African history is rich enough and proud enough with having to invent blatantly false claims. You do your brothers a disservice and unnecessarily so!
When did an opinion turn into a false claim? Lolz. Whether you like it or not, African history including Eqypt and Igbos had Pyramids. That's the lesson for the day.

2 Likes

Re: Ancient Igbo Pyramids: The Nsude Pyramids by KoloOyinbo(m): 5:20pm On Feb 19, 2015
Ihuomadinihu:

Thank God you called it fantasy. That's your defintion not mine.

Of course it is my definition I used it! I know when someone with no knowledge of a field propose an improbable theory with zero facts to back it up that contradicts against all expert opinion AND then calls those experts WESTERN as if that makes the facts less true (They are not western by the way but INTERNATIONAL and indeed multicultural) then yes I most certainly AM listening to a fantasy!
Re: Ancient Igbo Pyramids: The Nsude Pyramids by Ihuomadinihu: 5:22pm On Feb 19, 2015
KoloOyinbo:

Of course it is my definition I used it! I know when someone with no knowledge of a field propose an improbable theory with zero facts to back it up that contradicts against all expert opinion AND then calls those experts WESTERN as if that makes the facts less true (They are not western by the way but INTERNATIONAL and indeed multicultural) then yes I most certainly AM listening to a fantasy!
Am responsible for what i write not how you perceive it! :p

1 Like

Re: Ancient Igbo Pyramids: The Nsude Pyramids by Ihuomadinihu: 5:25pm On Feb 19, 2015
KoloOyinbo:

contradicts against all expert opinion AND then calls those experts WESTERN as if that makes the facts less true (They are not western by the way but INTERNATIONAL and indeed multicultural)
Same experts that claimed that Eqypt is not a black/African civilization?

3 Likes

Re: Ancient Igbo Pyramids: The Nsude Pyramids by KoloOyinbo(m): 5:25pm On Feb 19, 2015
Ihuomadinihu:

Am responsible for what i write not what how you perceive it! :p

If you say something wrong people will perceive it as wrong and guess what it is wrong!

I really have to ask you this given the style of your arguments here:

Do you believe in magic and juju? Or is this something that 'Western' experts have got wink wrong also?
Re: Ancient Igbo Pyramids: The Nsude Pyramids by Ihuomadinihu: 5:30pm On Feb 19, 2015
KoloOyinbo:

If you say something wrong people will perceive it as wrong and guess what it is wrong!

I really have to ask you this given the style of your arguments here:

Do you believe in magic and juju? Or is this something that 'Western' experts have got wink wrong also?
Experts can drown in the Atlantic ocean, i have my opinion and i have a right to have one. Did your experts also tell you that ancient Nigerians/igbos were nomads and mere hunters incapable of building monumental structures. You need a solid Education about Nigerians!

2 Likes

Re: Ancient Igbo Pyramids: The Nsude Pyramids by KoloOyinbo(m): 5:30pm On Feb 19, 2015
Ihuomadinihu:

Same experts that claimed that Eqypt is not a black/African civilization?

Of course its African! Unless you move it when no one is looking. wink It took time to come to a consensus that is all. Plus the argument both pro and con were argued in a scientific manner in proper academic fashion.

And whatever point you are trying to make would not apply to the many other civilizations who built their own versions of pyramid structures quite independently.

I say again. If you have any validity whatsoever in this absurd claim please publish in a peer reviewed academic journal for the world (black AND white as you seem concerned that this is somehow relevant) to look at and judge this wonderful new evidence you seem to have.
Re: Ancient Igbo Pyramids: The Nsude Pyramids by Ihuomadinihu: 5:34pm On Feb 19, 2015
KoloOyinbo:

Of course its African! Unless you move it when no one is looking. wink It took time to come to a consensus that is all. Plus the argument both pro and con were argued in a scientific manner in proper academic fashion.

And whatever point you are trying to make would not apply to the many other civilizations who built their own versions of pyramid structures quite independently.

I say again. If you have any validity whatsoever in this absurd claim please publish in a peer reviewed academic journal for the world (black AND white as you seem concerned that this is somehow relevant) to look at and judge this wonderful new evidence you seem to have.
No point argueing about this. You are simply incapable of convincing anyone of no possible contact between two or more different cultures. I will be glad to know how the Ngeriod looking got to the pacifics and Mesoamerica. Lol.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Machina: Yobe Community Where Snakes Are Friends With Human Beings / Oba Adbulrasheed Akanbi Dressed As Emir Of Iwoland While Sitting On Throne / Before You Marry Idoma Girl: Important Things You Must Know

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.