Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,519 members, 7,826,955 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 12:39 AM

Does Petrol Burn Faster From Some Stations? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Does Petrol Burn Faster From Some Stations? (2761 Views)

How Petrol Attendants Cheat You In Filling Stations And Precautions / The Toyota Land Cruiser That Is Faster Than A Lamborghini / Petrol Tanker On Fire Along Lagos Ibadan Expressway (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does Petrol Burn Faster From Some Stations? by osile2012: 2:43am On Feb 18, 2015
[size=15pt]I am wondering, is it possible that the petrol you buy from one station can burn faster than that of another station ?[/size]
Re: Does Petrol Burn Faster From Some Stations? by Kashif(m): 6:01am On Feb 18, 2015
Yes.
Re: Does Petrol Burn Faster From Some Stations? by andresia(m): 6:07am On Feb 18, 2015
Kashif:
Yes.

pls throw more light
Re: Does Petrol Burn Faster From Some Stations? by Nobody: 6:13am On Feb 18, 2015
No.
Re: Does Petrol Burn Faster From Some Stations? by Nobody: 6:13am On Feb 18, 2015
its not true ooo. Pms is Pms. every tankers supplying any pertoleum product are issued cert of quality analysis frm ppmc b4 dey are allowed to supply any of petr. product. The only 419 filling station does us to readjust dia dispense machine to sell less volume of petroleum product @ d same normal price
Re: Does Petrol Burn Faster From Some Stations? by nurey(m): 7:25am On Feb 18, 2015
I think this issue goes two ways in Nigeria,
1. yes it is possible to buy fuel from filling stations with poor octane rating which may affect proper combustion hence low mpg meaning you use more amount for less miles.

2. The pump has been tampered with meaning now that fuel is #87 per litre, you are actually paying #87 for 700ml or 70cl so the filling station is short changing you 300ml or 30cl on each litre you buy.

I am not hear to advertise but rather to sensitizen except in emergencies which rarely happen I don't buy fuel in any Oando station because I believe they tamper with their meter to a large extent if I buy fuel from them, the way the fuel guage will go back to square 1 is alarming its as if I didn't buy fuel at all even after making sure the meter is at 0 and staying their till I see what I paid for been read by the meter counter.

In Lagos, the filling station I always watch out for most is MRS, I have bought in 3 separate locations (adekunle going to yaba, estate while going to 7up and obalende over looking office of SCOA motors) and I can tell you, you receive what you payed for litre for good services. I think ascon would be my second choice, others are just there

1 Like

Re: Does Petrol Burn Faster From Some Stations? by kenny1st(m): 7:29am On Feb 18, 2015
I think this is true...I have experienced this many times. PPMS comes in various qualities from different refiners. If you have seen this product in different colours then that may convince you that the OP statement may be true. My observation here is subject to further confirmations as I will also like to know the overall fact on this.
Re: Does Petrol Burn Faster From Some Stations? by chillex8(m): 8:32am On Feb 18, 2015
nurey:
I think this issue goes two ways in Nigeria,
1. yes it is possible to buy fuel from filling stations with poor octane rating which may affect proper combustion hence low mpg meaning you use more amount for less miles.

2. The pump has been tampered with meaning now that fuel is #87 per litre, you are actually paying #87 for 700ml or 70cl so the filling station is short changing you 300ml or 30cl on each litre you buy.

I am not hear to advertise but rather to sensitizen except in emergencies which rarely happen I don't buy fuel in any Oando station because I believe they tamper with their meter to a large extent if I buy fuel from them, the way the fuel guage will go back to square 1 is alarming its as if I didn't buy fuel at all even after making sure the meter is at 0 and staying their till I see what I paid for been read by the meter counter.

In Lagos, the filling station I always watch out for most is MRS, I have bought in 3 separate locations (adekunle going to yaba, estate while going to 7up and obalende over looking office of SCOA motors) and I can tell you, you receive what you payed for litre for good services. I think ascon would be my second choice, others are just there

You are damn right. MRS, Apapa. You get what you pay for.

All those big names are all a bunch of crooks..

1 Like

Re: Does Petrol Burn Faster From Some Stations? by nurey(m): 9:23am On Feb 18, 2015
chillex8:

You are damn right. MRS, Apapa. You get what you pay for.

All those big names are all a bunch of crooks..

I have bought from mobil, NNPC, total, forte oil (which is also anoda good crook), ascon but the baba of them crooks I have tested and never trusted is that Oando.
An MRS staff told me they have their own independent depot I don't know how true that is that's the reason why their fuel is always premium.
Re: Does Petrol Burn Faster From Some Stations? by chillex8(m): 9:30am On Feb 18, 2015
nurey:

I have bought from mobil, NNPC, total, forte oil (which is also anoda good crook), ascon but the baba of them crooks I have tested and never trusted is that Oando.
An MRS staff told me they have their own independent depot I don't know how true that is that's the reason why their fuel is always premium.

You are correct over and over.

My family buys from MRS.

NNPC is the worst of them all.

Let any staff quote me and I will expose them.

Practical not hear say.

Really angry

1 Like

Re: Does Petrol Burn Faster From Some Stations? by nurey(m): 10:32am On Feb 18, 2015
chillex8:

You are correct over and over.

My family buys from MRS.

NNPC is the worst of them all.

Let any staff quote me and I will expose them.

Practical not hear say.

Really angry

I have in stock
1.E-atomic bomb
2. Electronically guided nuclear missiles
3. AK 47 extended version
4. Turbo charged hand grenades
5. VV16 powered shot guns and
6. Supercharged Bazokas

Any body try shit with you let me know, artillery go descend on the person.

3 Likes

Re: Does Petrol Burn Faster From Some Stations? by BTT(m): 11:31am On Feb 18, 2015
From my personal experience :

Mobil - never! Except you run out of gas in front of their station. I don't know the kind of meters they use. Bad experiences in Mobil Ahmadu Bello VI, Oregun Rd, by Awolowo junction, and Wempco Junction Ogba have taught me better.

NNPC- Including the so called Mega Stations are frauds too. I had this myth that they were the best until their station in Asa Dam Rd, Ilorin couldn't fill my 60 litre tank with 7000 at 97 and I asked them to stop.

ASCON is good. My wife always claims. I am yet to verify that except the op is proving it too.

Oando - I think the op should change the Oando stations he's visited. The ones on Isheri Rd, opp GTB, Ojodu-Berger, and on the express from Otedola Bridge linking Ojodu-Berger are good. Fills same tank with a little above 5000.

Didn't know about the MRS thing but I will include them now.

TOTAL is the filing station I am always looking for, however unkempt the station may look.

These submissions are based on my personal experiences. You can go prove with your soft-earned money.
Re: Does Petrol Burn Faster From Some Stations? by Kashif(m): 12:42pm On Feb 18, 2015
Your observations agree with mine. I bought petrol from Mobil Maryland some time ago, and thought something has gone wrong with my car. The thing practically evaporated! I am not talking about dispense calibration, but PMS quality. Some have very low octane number, and I think Mobil takes the lead.

I always buy from Total, and it lasts.
Re: Does Petrol Burn Faster From Some Stations? by nurey(m): 1:30pm On Feb 18, 2015
I think the best is for you to watch out while buying fuel, this so called stations are out to cheat customers
1. Selling adulterated fuel so you use more for less miles
2. Playing ping pong with their dispenser hence you pay for 1L and it dispenses 0.7L
3. You ask the thief thief attendant to sell 3k worth and he won't rub off the 500 he sold to jerry can, but continue without telling u hence you pay 3k for 2500 worth of fuel those buying 1k fuel sometimes they don't dispense at all after all u are too big to come down and check.
This is my own rating for fueling stations I won't include conoil, the name sef sounds like con artist because their fuel is coloured like human urine with pile I don't know the kinda fuel they import.
1. MRS
2. ASCON
3. TOTAL
4. NNPC
5. Other anonymous filing stations
6. Other big name filling station (forte, mobil, Oando)

Yes I will rather buy from Mr A ventures filling station than Oando and co.
Re: Does Petrol Burn Faster From Some Stations? by FlyboyZee: 5:13pm On Feb 18, 2015
BTT:

TOTAL is the filing station I am always looking for, however unkempt the station may look.
I quite agree with you on this submission. I've refuelled with Total Filling Stations over and over again in different states, cities and locations across the country and have never been disappointed. This includes: Elele and PH in Rivers State, along Akpakpava Road in Benin City, along Kashim Ibrahim Road in Old GRA, Makurdi, Benue State, at 9th mile and Odenigbo junction in Nsukka, Enugu State, in Calabar and I think Uyo, just to mention a few...

1 Like

Re: Does Petrol Burn Faster From Some Stations? by Pluslargent(m): 5:48pm On Feb 18, 2015
nurey:
I think the best is for you to watch out while buying fuel, this so called stations are out to cheat customers
1. Selling adulterated fuel so you use more for less miles
2. Playing ping pong with their dispenser hence you pay for 1L and it dispenses 0.7L
3. You ask the thief thief attendant to sell 3k worth and he won't rub off the 500 he sold to jerry can, but continue without telling u hence you pay 3k for 2500 worth of fuel those buying 1k fuel sometimes they don't dispense at all after all u are too big to come down and check.
This is my own rating for fueling stations I won't include conoil, the name sef sounds like con artist because their fuel is coloured like human urine with pile I don't know the kinda fuel they import.
1. MRS
2. ASCON
3. TOTAL
4. NNPC
5. Other anonymous filing stations
6. Other big name filling station (forte, mobil, Oando)

Yes I will rather buy from Mr A ventures filling station than Oando and co.

haha...bros na wetin con oil do you like that now? lol
Re: Does Petrol Burn Faster From Some Stations? by dokilolo: 6:07pm On Feb 18, 2015
informative thread!
av also noticed dat wen I buy fuel from som petrol station its almost as if d fuel is evaporating inside d tank......1k fuel will jst disappear lik fiam!
I must commend total petrol station gor their honesty cos wen I fuel up 4rm dia, I use 2k- 2.2k fuel per week but weneva I use any oda station especially nnpc, oando I use 3k per week.
Re: Does Petrol Burn Faster From Some Stations? by Ladipodeal: 8:15pm On Feb 18, 2015
kenny1st:
I think this is true...I have experienced this many times. PPMS comes in various qualities from different refiners. If you have seen this product in different colours then that may convince you that the OP statement may be true. My observation here is subject to further confirmations as I will also like to know the overall fact on this.
The colour in petrol is dye added to it to differentiate from other petroleum distillate like kero.
Re: Does Petrol Burn Faster From Some Stations? by Nobody: 9:58pm On Feb 18, 2015
I dont think Colour has a part to play in the quality of petroleum product. I think d octane rating is paramount. Back den we were tld that d reason for d colour ws to differentiate Pms frm Dpk and Ago. However i think dia is no uniformity in d colour of petroleum products especially pms dis dayz and this makes it look scary.
Re: Does Petrol Burn Faster From Some Stations? by lukaino(m): 11:53pm On Feb 20, 2015
my personal experience about fuel stations is that each outlet has a life of its own.
I'll list the ones where i got good experience in terms of fuel quantity:
1. Oando Maryland
2. Oando Ikate
3. Total Onipanu(Most of them except the fraudulent one at Moshalashi Iyana ipaja

Bad Ones:
1. Total Moshalashi Iyana Ipaja
2. Mobil- Sand filled Vi
3. Forte Oil Gbagada Exp way
4. Most NNPC Mega stations

(1) (Reply)

Automotive Electrical Electronics Systems And Diagnostics Technician Training / Leak Between Transmission And Transfer Case Lexus / What Y'all Think About The Toyota Avalon 2006-2008

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.