Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,707 members, 7,820,489 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:43 PM

Happy Ash Wednesday To Nairalanders - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Happy Ash Wednesday To Nairalanders (14742 Views)

Happy Ash Wednesday / Why Are We Not Supposed To Eat Meat On Ash Wednesday And Fridays During Lent? / Happy Ash Wednesday. What Are Your Plans This Lent Period?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Happy Ash Wednesday To Nairalanders by alphaconde(m): 3:18am On Feb 18, 2015
Ash Wednesday derives its name from the practice of blessing ashes made from palm branches blessed on the previous year's Palm Sunday, and placing them on the heads of participants to the accompaniment of the words "Repent, and believe in the Gospel" or "Remember that you are dust, and to dust you shall return"

As christians/catholics, endeavour to attend mass today and participate in the coming lenten season. May the blessings of God not elude us this season. Glory to Jesus

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Happy Ash Wednesday To Nairalanders by politricks: 3:21am On Feb 18, 2015
Happy ash wednesday to my christain friends.

4 Likes

Re: Happy Ash Wednesday To Nairalanders by Bugatie(m): 4:41am On Feb 18, 2015
alphaconde:
Ash Wednesday derives its name from the practice of blessing ashes made from palm branches blessed on the previous year's Palm Sunday, and placing them on the heads of participants to the accompaniment of the words "Repent, and believe in the Gospel" or "Remember that you are dust, and to dust you shall return"

As christians/catholics, endeavour to attend mass today and participate in the coming lenten season. May the blessings of God not elude us this season. Glory to Jesus

Thank you Lord for yet another opportunity to witness this year's lent.
The period of lent comes with sober reflection of creation and death, ashes to ashes, dust to dust.
If only we can reflect on the lessons of lent as Nigerians irrespective of our political or religious affiliation, the ills plaguing our country will heal.
As we begin this year's lent, let's practice more alms giving, avoid life of extreme luxury, engage more in corporal works of mercy and open our hearts to see the good in others.

God bless the mother church,
God bless us all

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Happy Ash Wednesday To Nairalanders by Pavore9: 5:51am On Feb 18, 2015
God bless us all.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Happy Ash Wednesday To Nairalanders by dechandel(f): 6:08am On Feb 18, 2015
Happy Ash Wednesday NL(s) smiley

5 Likes

Re: Happy Ash Wednesday To Nairalanders by Nobody: 6:09am On Feb 18, 2015
It's a pagan celebration. The bible doesn't say we should observe such including easter which is the worship of the goddess ishtar

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Happy Ash Wednesday To Nairalanders by Nobody: 7:46am On Feb 18, 2015
I need a "wake-up" spiritually. I can't believe that I forgot today is an Ash Wednesday even as my Reverend Father stressed on it last sunday. God forgive me. My lodge mate didn't tell me to prepare for church when she was preparing but knocked on my door when she has prepared already. She was like ain't u going to church? I don't want to shift blame to anybody, I blame myself but she wld av helped me. HAPPY ASH WEDNESDAY FRIEND! May God help us all to abstain from evil.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Happy Ash Wednesday To Nairalanders by alphaconde(m): 8:37am On Feb 18, 2015
Vig86:
I need a "wake-up" spiritually. I can't believe that I forgot today is an Ash Wednesday even as my Reverend Father stressed on it last sunday. God forgive me. My lodge mate didn't tell me to prepare for church when she was preparing but knocked on my door when she has prepared already. She was like ain't u going to church? I don't want to shift blame to anybody, I blame myself but she wld av helped me. HAPPY ASH WEDNESDAY FRIEND! May God help us all to abstain from evil.

You can still find a parish to attend for the evening session they lord be with you

4 Likes

Re: Happy Ash Wednesday To Nairalanders by kristen12(f): 1:31pm On Feb 18, 2015
Happy ash wednesday y'll

1 Like

Re: Happy Ash Wednesday To Nairalanders by aryzgreat: 3:23pm On Feb 18, 2015
Lalasticlala fp

Repent and believe the Gospel.

Ash u are unto ash u shall return.

40 days from now is Good Friday before Easter.

Lenten season begins. opportunity to examine ur life once more.

Prayerful mode

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Happy Ash Wednesday To Nairalanders by Nickymezor(f): 3:26pm On Feb 18, 2015
Hapi Ash Wednesday friends and foes wink kiss

2 Likes

Re: Happy Ash Wednesday To Nairalanders by clara472: 3:28pm On Feb 18, 2015
I have learnt something new, I always thought the ash was just ordinary charcoal

3 Likes

Re: Happy Ash Wednesday To Nairalanders by dharay99: 3:28pm On Feb 18, 2015
dechandel:
Happy Ash Wednesday NL(s) smiley

...wah does it stands for sef,.?
Re: Happy Ash Wednesday To Nairalanders by sexymoma(f): 3:28pm On Feb 18, 2015
Na now e jos dey enter front page angry
Re: Happy Ash Wednesday To Nairalanders by marcelmessi(m): 3:28pm On Feb 18, 2015
just had my ash.. it reminds us that we will return to dust someday

1 Like

Re: Happy Ash Wednesday To Nairalanders by Quote1: 3:28pm On Feb 18, 2015
Let's all pray for protection on this ash Wednesday.

2 Likes

Re: Happy Ash Wednesday To Nairalanders by lordsharks(m): 3:29pm On Feb 18, 2015
Happy Ash wednesday

1 Like

Re: Happy Ash Wednesday To Nairalanders by Trending(m): 3:29pm On Feb 18, 2015
yes
Re: Happy Ash Wednesday To Nairalanders by Tobilastik(m): 3:29pm On Feb 18, 2015
Happy ash Wednesday to y'all nd

happy ash Thursday in advance ;P

1 Like

Re: Happy Ash Wednesday To Nairalanders by Howcomes(m): 3:30pm On Feb 18, 2015
Idolatry

4 Likes

Re: Happy Ash Wednesday To Nairalanders by Nobody: 3:30pm On Feb 18, 2015
Rubbish tradition. I do charcoal Wednesday...proudly black.

2 Likes

Re: Happy Ash Wednesday To Nairalanders by fatdon2(m): 3:30pm On Feb 18, 2015
kiss

3 Likes

Re: Happy Ash Wednesday To Nairalanders by lordsharks(m): 3:30pm On Feb 18, 2015
politricks:
Happy ash wednesday to my christain friends.
Vig86:
That's it

1 Like

Re: Happy Ash Wednesday To Nairalanders by cecejobs(m): 3:31pm On Feb 18, 2015
Noted! Thank God for NL. Make I begin countdown to Easter b tђa†. Thank@Op

1 Like

Re: Happy Ash Wednesday To Nairalanders by Nobody: 3:31pm On Feb 18, 2015
It is a good thing to repent of sinful activities, but that’s something Christians should do every day, not just during Ash Wednesday. It’s a good thing to clearly identify oneself as a Christian, but, again, this should be an everyday identification. And it is good to remember that no ritual can make one’s heart right with God.

2 Likes

Re: Happy Ash Wednesday To Nairalanders by Nobody: 3:31pm On Feb 18, 2015
Quote1:
Let's all pray for protection on this ash Wednesday.

Guy use your head..what does ash Wednesday got to do with Barcanista

2 Likes

Re: Happy Ash Wednesday To Nairalanders by marcelmessi(m): 3:31pm On Feb 18, 2015
dharay99:

...wah does it stands for sef,.?
it reminds us that someday we will return to dust
Re: Happy Ash Wednesday To Nairalanders by stinggy(m): 3:32pm On Feb 18, 2015
Na now day break? undecided
Re: Happy Ash Wednesday To Nairalanders by Quote1: 3:32pm On Feb 18, 2015
speak2emmalex:

Guy use your head

You de craze? Don't you need protection
Re: Happy Ash Wednesday To Nairalanders by LEOSIRSIR(m): 3:32pm On Feb 18, 2015
Happy ash wednesday to all NL
Re: Happy Ash Wednesday To Nairalanders by Nobody: 3:33pm On Feb 18, 2015
stinggy:
Na now day break
undecided undecided
Re: Happy Ash Wednesday To Nairalanders by Nikky7: 3:34pm On Feb 18, 2015
Dust to Dust, Ashes to Ashes........u went 2d cross jst 4me....tnk u Jesus!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why Would God Create Disease-Causing Bacteria? / The Real Truth About The Rapture According To The Bible / Can You Give Your Tithe To Your Parents Or Christians In Need sometimes?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.