Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,078 members, 7,957,024 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 04:48 AM

Nysc - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Nysc (1527 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nysc by chessman: 12:12pm On Jan 06, 2009
Hi guys, i need clarification about the consequence of not serving the country, i mean not going for NYSC. Does it mean that one will not get job easily in Nigeria labour market?

I would appreciate if somebody could tell me the advantage and other side of this NYSC in programme in Nigeria labour market.

Thanks
Re: Nysc by kunmak81(m): 4:25pm On Jan 06, 2009
well it all dependson your choice of job, if you intend applying for government jobs as a grad. you will definitely need it. political office holders need it too.
Re: Nysc by ifyhope: 1:14pm On Jan 07, 2009
Why would you want to opt out of the NYSC when other Nigerians who had their education abroad still see the need to come home for the NYSC. Whatever job you do here in Naija, you would certainly need the certificate or Exemption letter. Unless you want to be self employed. Also note that the exemption letter on its own greatly limits your chances of getting a job especially in the areas where age limit is of great importance. This is because haveing ann exemption letter in most cases shows that you are above 30 years and you know that most establishments and all banks would not recruit a fresher who is above 30 years.

So pls endeavour to serve and and also have your own story to tell the generation unborn on your camp experience. It is essential. It also gives you the opportunity to get your own share of your country's revenue thru "alawi". You get the chance of been pampered for the 1st and last time by your country, its an experience everyone should look forward to. No wonder even papas and mamas who are far above 35 still manipulate their age just to fit into the NYSC Scheme.

Ifymalik.
Re: Nysc by tboy1(m): 1:32pm On Jan 07, 2009
ifyhope:

Why would you want to opt out of the NYSC when other Nigerians who had their education abroad still see the need to come home for the NYSC. Whatever job you do here in Naija, you would certainly need the certificate or Exemption letter. Unless you want to be self employed. Also note that the exemption letter on its own greatly limits your chances of getting a job especially in the areas where age limit is of great importance. This is because haveing ann exemption letter in most cases shows that you are above 30 years and you know that most establishments and all banks would not recruit a fresher who is above 30 years.

So please endeavour to serve and and also have your own story to tell the generation unborn on your camp experience. It is essential. It also gives you the opportunity to get your own share of your country's revenue through "alawi". You get the chance of been pampered for the 1st and last time by your country, its an experience everyone should look forward to. No wonder even papas and mamas who are far above 35 still manipulate their age just to fit into the NYSC Scheme.
Ifymalik.
You're kidding right? NYSC is a bloody waste of time!!!
Don't try and deceive anyone here. The only reason why anyone would want to go for NYSC is either to have fun or because they've got no other choice. Top NYSC officials would not scrap it because thats the only time they get to loot money - I know this!!!

@Poster
Walk into NYSC office in Abuja and talk to someone there. I know ppl who did not even go for the 3 weeks camp. I think they paid like 80grand(you might find it cheaper) but you have to do the registration in person.

(1) (Reply)

Help!!! Prospective Corper With Id Card Issues!!! / Please Help I have been Posted To Yobe / It Official, NYSC Senate List Now Uploaded.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.