Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,235 members, 7,818,783 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:13 AM

A Nairalander Tales Of Her Onions Business - Business (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / A Nairalander Tales Of Her Onions Business (112419 Views)

Tales Of Losses: Engage Nigeria's Army Of Half Baked Artisans At Your Peril. / Storage Business Onions And Pepper (tatashi) / Onions Business. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Nairalander Tales Of Her Onions Business by Nobody: 3:54pm On Apr 20, 2015
ZAMFARA STATE

ATA RODO & SHOMBO (don't know whats its called in english)

Rodo is the small pepper and shombo is the slim long pepper. I think its called chilli.

Picture 1 --- My clients rodo and shombo awaiting loading.

Rodo is usually packed in 50kg flour bag and shombo is usually packed in 100kg flour bag.

ATA RODO

1 Bag----- N3500
Labour / Transport-------N1600

TOTAL---------N5100

SHOMBO (CHILLI)

1 Bag (Bigger than the rodo bag)------- N5500
Labour / Transport----------------N1600

TOTAL----------------N7100

Re: A Nairalander Tales Of Her Onions Business by PURITYMYPRIDE(m): 4:41pm On Apr 20, 2015
May God bless your hustle madam.please what is the name of the market in zamfara state.i learnt sometime about tomatoes or tatase business.you may buy now upon reaching the market the price will crash and you will be forced to sell below your cost price.please madam what advice do you have concerning this.Can you link us to a more realiable market in the south.May God bless you madam.
Re: A Nairalander Tales Of Her Onions Business by Nobody: 5:18pm On Apr 20, 2015
KEBBI STATE

ONIONS

125kg Supply

1 bag-----------N5000
Labour----------N500
Loading---------N80
Sac + Raffia--------N320
Transport----------N1100, N1600 (J5/Trailer)

TOTAL-----------------N7000/ N7500

50kg

1 bag-----------N3000
Labour----------N500
Loading---------N80
Sac + Raffia--------N320
Transport----------N1100, N1600 (J5/Trailer)

TOTAL------------N5000/N5500

For those that need 25kg, that's special order lol.

Picture 1----------50kg onions

Picture 2---------- A donkey carrying my clients onions from the farm to the park. Each donkeys carries 300 to 400 bulbs of onions which is equivalent to a bag though depending on the size of the onions anyway.

Picture 3----------My hubby and daughter about to take a donkey ride to the farm since our car cant go in lol

Picture 4----------One of the donkey carrying my onions to the park. lol dont mind that boy(my brother in-law) behind...

Re: A Nairalander Tales Of Her Onions Business by Nobody: 5:52pm On Apr 20, 2015
Picture 5-------------- Boys at work
Picture 6-------------- My Sac and Raffia Store
Picture 7-------------- After the days work, hubby, daughter and I decided to wait till the whole donkey had carried our onions Jeez so so stressful...

Re: A Nairalander Tales Of Her Onions Business by Nobody: 5:57pm On Apr 20, 2015
Picture 8--------------- My clients onions about to be loaded into the trailer. In the pix is hubby car and our sitting mat though not clear.

Re: A Nairalander Tales Of Her Onions Business by Nobody: 6:06pm On Apr 20, 2015
PURITYMYPRIDE:
May God bless your hustle madam.please what is the name of the market in zamfara state.i learnt sometime about tomatoes or tatase business.you may buy now upon reaching the market the price will crash and you will be forced to sell below your cost price.please madam what advice do you have concerning this.Can you link us to a more realiable market in the south.May God bless you madam.

Hello. I dont buy from the market sir, I buy directly from the farm. Sincerely, I'm not into the tomatoe and pepper business. I only help my clients get them. I really dont know how they run their business because its just like gambling. I only supply supper mart and Individual person. I waybill it to them and how its been managed is none of my concern. The Tomatoe and Tatase thing is for the strong hearted.
Thank you.

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander Tales Of Her Onions Business by PURITYMYPRIDE(m): 6:27pm On Apr 20, 2015
Thanks alot madam.Your answer to my question has made me to believe that you are a very honest woman.Please dont allow the wicked ones to discourage you from being honest and truthful.May God bless you and your family.may God also bless your effort.stick to honesty and truth.millions of people are looking for whom to truth.if you continue like this you are going to make it.i wish you and your husband well.

5 Likes

Re: A Nairalander Tales Of Her Onions Business by 9japrof(m): 2:31pm On Apr 21, 2015
emmykk:
Madam i greet your office.

I like the way you break the whole thing down.distance of sokoto to lagos didnt scare you.am reading the whole post again.

I want to send a special farm produce up north from south,but since last year some1 am supposed to mentor under,is dragging foot.i think i will borrow this your courage and start.

But how does the train between lagos and kano operate specially about cargoes?do any 1 know.

Hello its a pleasure having a like mind who is agric ssavvy , i currently reside in Niger State and would be happy if we share ideas, would u please gimme ur contacts
Re: A Nairalander Tales Of Her Onions Business by Nobody: 3:34pm On Apr 21, 2015
KONNI NIGER REPUBLIC

POMO (HIDE & SKIN)

Mali has the biggest pomo market in West Africa. There's also a market for Pomo in Maradi and Konni Niger Republic though not as big as mali market. I buy from Konni since its closer to my base. Hoping to visit Mali soon...

Picture 1--------- Just loaded a clients pomo into the trailer
Picture 2--------- Preparing to take off to Lagos
Picture 3--------- My clients pomo

I'm not into Pomo so I dont know how its being run in the south. I only helped my clients one Alhaji Gambo buy the full load of Pomo. I will do my findings and then get back to those of you that may want to go into the retailing of pomo...

Re: A Nairalander Tales Of Her Onions Business by Nobody: 3:39pm On Apr 21, 2015
PURITYMYPRIDE:
Thanks alot madam.Your answer to my question has made me to believe that you are a very honest woman.Please dont allow the wicked ones to discourage you from being honest and truthful.May God bless you and your family.may God also bless your effort.stick to honesty and truth.millions of people are looking for whom to truth.if you continue like this you are going to make it.i wish you and your husband well.

Thank you sir

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander Tales Of Her Onions Business by Nobody: 3:48pm On Apr 21, 2015
Good day all.
Please are there persons into Ogbono, Crayfish and Egusi in the house? If you are into any of these foods, please contact me ASAP on 08139448193 with your quotations or prices ready. There are buyers on ground for these food items.
Thank you.

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander Tales Of Her Onions Business by 9japrof(m): 4:16pm On Apr 21, 2015
Abumadea:
Yeah, its true. Its really a nice business. I served in Niger state in a village called Kura, not far from a town called Salka which is not too far from Yauri in kebbi state. Salka is known for its beans business and a very large central market. People come from all over Nigeria and west Africa to buy beans and many other things in Salka. I remember buying a sack of Onions for just 500 naira. If I had sold them, I would av made more than 2000 naira as profit but I shared everything when I got home. Its tough bringing them to lagos but its very profitable. The village I served is also known for growing groundnut and its very profitable as well cos they extract grounnut oil from them.

Well it is very interesting to see someone that served in Niger State, i served there also specifically in Bida and i remained there also, fortunate to be retained where i served. buh honestly am in this section cos i want to make extra quids more especially this one i know that agric pays. it would be nice to have ur contacts.
Re: A Nairalander Tales Of Her Onions Business by kelvin1191(m): 6:29pm On Apr 21, 2015
9japrof:

Well it is very interesting to see someone that served in Niger State, i served there also specifically in Bida and i remained there also, fortunate to be retained where i served. buh honestly am in this section cos i want to make extra quids more especially this one i know that agric pays. it would be nice to have ur contacts.

The egusi, is it machine or hand peel?
Re: A Nairalander Tales Of Her Onions Business by kelvin1191(m): 6:31pm On Apr 21, 2015
Catered4:
Good day all.
Please are there persons into Ogbono, Crayfish and Egusi in the house? If you are into any of these foods, please contact me ASAP on 08139448193 with your quotations or prices ready. There are buyers on ground for these food items.
Thank you.

The Egusi, is it hand peel or machine peel?
Re: A Nairalander Tales Of Her Onions Business by Nobody: 8:27pm On Apr 21, 2015
kelvin1191:

The Egusi, is it hand peel or machine peel?

Both sir
Re: A Nairalander Tales Of Her Onions Business by kelvin1191(m): 11:04pm On Apr 21, 2015
Catered4:

Both sir

Ok. Will give you a call
Re: A Nairalander Tales Of Her Onions Business by Nobody: 1:23pm On Apr 22, 2015
Good afternoon.

Maradi Niger Republic Cattle Market is Next. I will upload various cattles and their prices for those that want to go into that line of business.
Stay Tuned...
Re: A Nairalander Tales Of Her Onions Business by sonnie10: 3:53pm On Apr 22, 2015
Catered4:
Good afternoon.

Maradi Niger Republic Cattle Market is Next. I will upload various cattles and their prices for those that want to go into that line of business.
Stay Tuned...

I commend your effort Mam.
Re: A Nairalander Tales Of Her Onions Business by feminineA: 5:40pm On Apr 22, 2015
Are you into ginger and garlic
Re: A Nairalander Tales Of Her Onions Business by Nobody: 7:15pm On Apr 22, 2015
sonnie10:

I commend your effort Mam.

Thank you sir
Re: A Nairalander Tales Of Her Onions Business by Nobody: 7:17pm On Apr 22, 2015
feminineA:
Are you into ginger and garlic

Yes sir. I will also upload pictures of that soon.
Re: A Nairalander Tales Of Her Onions Business by cybug: 11:23pm On Apr 22, 2015
^^ woman... You're a lioness

2 Likes

Re: A Nairalander Tales Of Her Onions Business by Nobody: 11:51pm On Apr 22, 2015
MARADI NIGER REPUBLIC CATTLE MARKET

GOATS
Majority of the men there are cattle rearers.

Picture 1---------Accessing the goats
Picture 2---------The goats there goes for 6k
Picture 3---------The goat goes for 7k
Picture 4----------He goat

Re: A Nairalander Tales Of Her Onions Business by Nobody: 11:52pm On Apr 22, 2015
cybug:
^^ woman... You're a lioness

Thank you sir
Re: A Nairalander Tales Of Her Onions Business by Nobody: 11:55pm On Apr 22, 2015
Picture 5------------This big he-goat goes for 15k

Re: A Nairalander Tales Of Her Onions Business by Nobody: 12:01am On Apr 23, 2015
RAMS

These rams are 15k upward. It all depend on the size

Re: A Nairalander Tales Of Her Onions Business by Nobody: 12:05am On Apr 23, 2015
DONKEYS

These donkeys cost 25k - 30k. So many trailers of donkeys going to the eastern part of Nigeria. I wonder what they use them for. I hope they dont eat donkey there? lol

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander Tales Of Her Onions Business by Nobody: 12:08am On Apr 23, 2015
COWS

Picture 1-------This size of cow goes for 230k
Picture 2-------This size of cow goes for 40k

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander Tales Of Her Onions Business by kelvin1191(m): 6:43am On Apr 23, 2015
Catered4:
DONKEYS

These donkeys cost 25k - 30k. So many trailers of donkeys going to the eastern part of Nigeria. I wonder what they use them for. I hope they dont eat donkey there? lol

At obollo-afor area of Enugu state, donkey is their favourite.
Re: A Nairalander Tales Of Her Onions Business by Nobody: 9:09am On Apr 23, 2015
kelvin1191:

At obollo-afor area of Enugu state, donkey is their favourite.

Eh en shocked, No wonder...
Re: A Nairalander Tales Of Her Onions Business by Nobody: 9:29am On Apr 23, 2015
DeGenius3:
this shows that whatever you do as a business, provided there is a market
for it,and you have the passion to do the business, then success is not too
far away.

keep it up.

Thank you sir

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (28) (Reply)

Forex Trade Alerts / Discussions: Season 24 / 12 Things You Need To Know About Bank Verification Number (BVN) / Anatomy Of An Entrepreneur

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.