Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,055 members, 7,818,163 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:13 AM

A Nairalander Tales Of Her Onions Business - Business (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / A Nairalander Tales Of Her Onions Business (112403 Views)

Tales Of Losses: Engage Nigeria's Army Of Half Baked Artisans At Your Peril. / Storage Business Onions And Pepper (tatashi) / Onions Business. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Nairalander Tales Of Her Onions Business by Nobody: 7:17pm On Feb 25, 2015
Archangelhenrio:

Lol! Eeyaa...it's not fair ooo. Upon the Whole Love wey you been dey search 4(Searching4Love), you still dey tackle Debby like dis. You neva know weda she be d next Cathered4 for you.

grin grin
Re: A Nairalander Tales Of Her Onions Business by debbydee(f): 11:27am On Feb 26, 2015
searching4love:

Open your thread and don't be lazy. You're taking advantage of the OP's traffic to sell your wears. That's unfair

thanks for the info.
You can as well check out my thread https://www.nairaland.com/2017910/hot-beautiful-dresses-just-arrived

https://www.nairaland.com/2096773/hot-beautiful-blouses-watches-wholesale

The pin 25d43f96 or 08185391880. Thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Nairalander Tales Of Her Onions Business by Nobody: 2:50pm On Feb 26, 2015
jeffmyson:

I don't exactly agree with you! You are still in the learning curve and it has not completed it full cycle. I have been in the commodity business for many years and I can assure you that there are far more problems associated with the business than you are willing to admit.

For every business there are potential risk factors, you may not know all of them for now because you have not encountered them, but in due course, experience will be the best teacher.

You have painted the business as all rosy and nice, but to be candid many people will not investigate well before jumping and will inevitably get their fingers burnt! What worked for you might not work for others.

Another issue I would like to raise is that, how do you plan to add value to the business because I can see that you are just doing it the way everyone currently does it? What value are you going to bring into the value chain to differentiate your products from the rest of the pack and keep you in business for the long run? Because from my experience "me too" businesses don't last more than 6 Months or at most a year? .

Hello. If you read my post well, you will see that I never in any way presented myself as a guru. Of course I'm still a learner and we all can't know it all. Even the greatest of all business men and women still makes mistakes and that is why I always tell people to do their market survey or research well before going into the business.

As for the risk involved, you've said it all. I'm still new and I haven't encountered much. I declared those I faced in one of my comment and there are more as time goes on, I am willing to let everyone know. I have nothing to hide, it doesn't affect me or my business.

Regarding your question on what value I intend adding... I don't have to relate all my future plans to you or anyone. I owe no one that. Trust me, I'm working on them (Personal Project) and when its ready, I will announce it.

Sir, since you are more experienced, why don't you take your time out and give the house a clearer picture of what the business entails. That will do a lot of help.

Thank you sir.

14 Likes

Re: A Nairalander Tales Of Her Onions Business by Nobody: 3:00pm On Feb 26, 2015
echoedwalls:
Hi,
@catered4;thanks for being a mentor.
Please can I also get chilli pepper from that end(ATA. JOSE)? It's the short red chilli pepper.
Thanks
PS: Please house,I appreciate responses from every one.
Many thanks

Yes it's available sir.
Re: A Nairalander Tales Of Her Onions Business by Nobody: 8:23pm On Feb 26, 2015
Krucifax:
Hello Catered4 your posts have been very useful and enlightening. I wish you long term success.Please I have a few questions about the agri/food business seeing as you are in the business you may have an idea.

Q: How lucrative is buying and selling Garri, Rice,Beans?
Q: Can you shed any light on the ins and outs of the business? Like if it's better to supply or own a market stall.Also things like minimum start up capital required, likely profits and negatives like price fluctuations and perishability.

Any advice you can give or find would be greatly appreciated. God bless your hustle and family. Cheers.

Hello sir,
I have no idea now but I'm starting the beans soon. I will share my experience on the beans as time goes on.
Thank you.
Re: A Nairalander Tales Of Her Onions Business by Nobody: 9:27pm On Feb 26, 2015
Unique3:

Haba! No where in her posts so far has she claimed to be a guru in the business. For someone who just started the business within 2 months, surely you don't need a seer to understand it's also a learning curve for her too. You are actually the one claiming to have more experience, so why not gracefully share with us all seeing we are green.

Again, you are simply expecting too much from this woman by asking her to explain how she intends to add value to the business! One, she owes no one any explanation on how to run her business or theirs. She has done what a lot of people would not do already; lifting the veil on entering this business; it's your responsibility to do whatever you please with the info she has shared so far. Taking the business to the next level is surely YOUR responsibility. If you feel the need to shed more light, we will all be glad to learn. Please let's not bring in any sense of entitlement here. If anything, she deserves our commendation. Cheers!

Thank you so much. May God Bless you.

2 Likes

Re: A Nairalander Tales Of Her Onions Business by jeffmyson(m): 9:42pm On Feb 26, 2015
Catered4:

Hello. If you read my post well, you will see that I never in any way presented myself as a guru. Of course I'm still a learner and we all can't know it all. Even the greatest of all business men and women still makes mistakes and that is why I always tell people to do their market survey or research well before going into the business.

As for the risk involved, you've said it all. I'm still new and I haven't encountered much. I declared those I faced in one of my comment and there are more as time goes on, I am willing to let everyone know. I have nothing to hide, it doesn't affect me or my business.

Regarding your question on what value I intend adding... I don't have to relate all my future plans to you or anyone. I owe no one that. Trust me, I'm working on them (Personal Project) and when its ready, I will announce it.

Sir, since you are more experienced, why don't you take your time out and give the house a clearer picture of what the business entails. That will do a lot of help.

Thank you sir.

You have said exactly what I want you to say all along! Caveat! You probably do not know the big weight you have lifted from your shoulder.

I know Nairalanders and how they behave, most of them will readily jump into the Onions Business without proper market and risk analysis and will think they will turn to overnight millionaires and when they get their fingers burnt or loss money, they will all flood here and call you all manner of names!

Thank you for informing them you are not a guru and you have only presented what you know for now!
Re: A Nairalander Tales Of Her Onions Business by Nobody: 11:05pm On Feb 26, 2015
Dammyoni18:
I so love this woman. You are always in my prayers, God will continually increase you. I'm the one contacting you on whatsapp from Ife, that I already have 5 buyers but I'm yet to get my capital, I'l keep trying so I can meet up with next weeks supply.

When do you intend to buy the goods for next week?

Oh yes I remember. I will keep you posted ma. Thanks for your prayers ma. Well done ma...
Re: A Nairalander Tales Of Her Onions Business by Nobody: 11:22pm On Feb 26, 2015
jeffmyson:

You have said exactly what I want you to say all along! Caveat! You probably do not know the big weight you have lifted from your shoulder.

I know Nairalanders and how they behave, most of them will readily jump into the Onions Business without proper market and risk analysis and will think they will turn to overnight millionaires and when they get their fingers burnt or loss money, they will all flood here and call you all manner of names!

Thank you for informing them you are not a guru and you have only presented what you know for now!

I really don't get it sir. From the on set, I never said I was a guru. I only shared my tales and also thought I could help some people out. No nairalander will ever say I never told them to do their market survey well. Of course I won't just tell them to jump into the business just like that and I won't in any way discourage them too.

I mentioned when I started the business in my post, the whole details is right there and I believe no nairalander sees me as a guru. I believe they were all inspired by my post and they want to know how I suceeded as many has tried it and wasn't successful or many are intending to go into the business but don't know the way out.

I'm sorry you are the one seeing it in the wrong way. Since you are more experienced, Please I ask again, share your idea with the whole house so we can learn one or two things from you. That's the genesis behind the birth of this thread.

Thank You.

13 Likes

Re: A Nairalander Tales Of Her Onions Business by stellybebe(f): 5:51am On Feb 27, 2015
For those who are interested in carrot business, I can help. I live in zaria, .the crop is farmed in the nearby villages.

2 Likes

Re: A Nairalander Tales Of Her Onions Business by emmykk(m): 8:13am On Feb 27, 2015
wildchild1:
I hope this is not another scamming thread?
I am interested if this is for real...
Watching closely
GMB is also watching on 3D grin
lazy thought.you can go to the area and make your own research nobody is asking you to bring your money

2 Likes

Re: A Nairalander Tales Of Her Onions Business by Nobody: 9:15am On Feb 27, 2015
emmykk:
lazy thought.you can go to the area and make your own research nobody is asking you to bring your money
That's harsh..........

Re: A Nairalander Tales Of Her Onions Business by emmykk(m): 9:28am On Feb 27, 2015
blogexpert:
That's harsh..........
harsh ke?the op did i good job and break open what it take to go into foodstuff business from farm to market using onions.

From how she get the produce to how she went to lagos everything.if 1 is really interested,is for such a person to use the clue and research rather than coming up with scam alert suggestion.

By his scam alert we know people who cant start new things.

3 Likes

Re: A Nairalander Tales Of Her Onions Business by likeme(m): 1:47pm On Feb 27, 2015
OP:

God bless your effort and reward you. Just a piece of advice.
You can start the reverse by getting garri from Saki in Oyo state and take it to Kano to complete the cycle.
This is to maximize your profit. there is a thread opened on cassava product in Agriculture. You can get more info from there.

God bless our hustle...

4 Likes

Re: A Nairalander Tales Of Her Onions Business by Nobody: 6:43pm On Feb 28, 2015
Happy Weekend every body. A bag of Jega Red Onions including the Logistics is N8,000. Please pass it on.
Thank you and God Bless.

Ibijoke O.M

6 Likes

Re: A Nairalander Tales Of Her Onions Business by Nobody: 6:45pm On Feb 28, 2015
likeme:
OP:

God bless your effort and reward you. Just a piece of advice.
You can start the reverse by getting garri from Saki in Oyo state and take it to Kano to complete the cycle.
This is to maximize your profit. there is a thread opened on cassava product in Agriculture. You can get more info from there.

God bless our hustle...

Amen, Thanks.

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander Tales Of Her Onions Business by Archangelhenrio(m): 7:20pm On Feb 28, 2015
Catered4:
Happy Weekend every body. A bag of Jega Red Onions including the Logistics is N8,000. Please pass it on.
Thank you and God Bless.

Ibijoke O.M

You're really a blessing.
Re: A Nairalander Tales Of Her Onions Business by mazumathe1st(m): 8:44am On Mar 01, 2015
Catered4:
Thank you and God Bless.

Ibijoke O.M
.....well done madam,I heard d. Price of onion fluctuates regularly,like say evry 2wks...I wil try and find out d price in d mkt tom...any idea ow much beans is+logisticss?whhere I am,itss abt 12k,12k5 for a bag...I knw u avntt started d beans trade yet tho,am jst askn ahead
Re: A Nairalander Tales Of Her Onions Business by Archangelhenrio(m): 1:09pm On Mar 01, 2015
mazumathe1st:
.....well done madam,I heard d. Price of onion fluctuates regularly,like say evry 2wks...I wil try and find out d price in d mkt tom...

Yea...Price fluctuating downwards cos these is the core season of surplus onions just like Catered4 stated earlier on.

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander Tales Of Her Onions Business by meemeee: 1:25pm On Mar 02, 2015
following

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander Tales Of Her Onions Business by Abumadea: 3:43am On Mar 04, 2015
mumu9gerian:

bros, hw much u buy that fish?
It was sold for a thousand naira though I wasn't the one who bought it.
Re: A Nairalander Tales Of Her Onions Business by mumu9gerian: 6:09am On Mar 04, 2015
Abumadea:

It was sold for a thousand naira though I wasn't the one who bought it.
ok
Re: A Nairalander Tales Of Her Onions Business by hebronconcept: 6:50am On Mar 04, 2015
DISCOVER HOW TO BE PART OF NIGERIA’S LUCRATIVE MULTIMILLION, IF NOT MULTIBILLION AGRO BUSINESS
Do you know that over #60billion is spent on party monthly in Lagos State?
The essential elements in party business are food and drinks
Lets take them one by one
FOOD: Our party is not complete without food, be it birthday parties, naming ceremony, wedding etc, people come from near and far, the only way you can sure hospitality is to give them food, in Africa, particularly Nigeria, we entertain our visitors with food, palm wine, bitterkola, kolanut etc depending on the tribe.
A good example is Benue state, if you have been to benue state, on your arrival before you say a word of your purpose of visit, you are served with food, while saying your purpose of coming, round 2 is ready, while concluding your purpose of coming, round 3 is served, when you are going round 4 is ready etc, no wonder the state is called the FOOD BASKET of the NATION
If you are thinking of what business to invest in and smile to bank, then think of agro trading and food processing
for full details visit www.agrosupplyriches..com
Re: A Nairalander Tales Of Her Onions Business by Nobody: 3:27pm On Mar 04, 2015
Thank God for a successful week. Catered4 has been an inspiration. Bless u

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander Tales Of Her Onions Business by Nobody: 5:08pm On Mar 05, 2015
I and catered4

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander Tales Of Her Onions Business by Nobody: 7:30pm On Mar 05, 2015
More pictures

Imported onions

Re: A Nairalander Tales Of Her Onions Business by Nobody: 10:33pm On Mar 05, 2015
Disclaimer:

This is a notice to inform everyone interested or aspiring to do the onions business to please watch out for scammers out there.

Report reaching me now says people who are getting the onions info here for free are trying to scam unsuspecting interested person(s)

Those that does business with unverified person(s) does so at his or her own risk.

He who has ear, let him hear

6 Likes

Re: A Nairalander Tales Of Her Onions Business by Nobody: 11:52pm On Mar 05, 2015
I really don't know why some people are so heartless. When I opened this thread, my intention was to share my experience and also to help some persons out there. Unfortunately, some scammers out there has seen this thread as a way or opportunity to scam/ dupe some in-experience innocent people interested in going into food business.

Some even went to the extent of impersonating me or claiming to work with me. Please, I have no Partner or anyone working for me.

Please everybody should be very careful. Nobody should drop his or her contact ( phone number, pin and email address) on the thread for security reasons as doing so will only help scammers get in touch with you.

If you are not clear with anything and there is need to ask, please feel free to contact me.

For any enquiries, call 08139448193, Bb Pin 32108C0C, Email catered4@yahoo.com
ALL TRANSACTIONS DONE BEHIND MY KNOWLEDGE IS AT HIS/ HER OWN RISK.

Thank you and God Bless You All.

Ibijoke O.M

4 Likes

Re: A Nairalander Tales Of Her Onions Business by Nobody: 11:55pm On Mar 05, 2015
napolie:
Thank God for a successful week. Catered4 has been an inspiration. Bless u

Amen and you too.

2 Likes

Re: A Nairalander Tales Of Her Onions Business by OCTAVO: 9:01am On Mar 06, 2015
Catered4:
I really don't know why some people are so heartless. When I opened this thread, my intention was to share my experience and also to help some persons out there. Unfortunately, some scammers out there has seen this thread as a way or opportunity to scam/ dupe some in-experience innocent people interested in going into food business.

Some even went to the extent of impersonating me or claiming to work with me. Please, I have no Partner or anyone working for me.

Please everybody should be very careful. Nobody should drop his or her contact ( phone number, pin and email address) on the thread for security reasons as doing so will only help scammers get in touch with you.

If you are not clear with anything and there is need to ask, please feel free to contact me.

For any enquiries, call 08139448193, Bb Pin 32108C0C, Email catered4@yahoo.com
ALL TRANSACTIONS DONE BEHIND MY KNOWLEDGE IS AT HIS/ HER OWN RISK.

Thank you and God Bless You All.

Ibijoke O.M

God bless you madam.

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander Tales Of Her Onions Business by Nobody: 12:04pm On Mar 06, 2015
OCTAVO:

God bless you madam.

Amen and you too sir
Re: A Nairalander Tales Of Her Onions Business by jasper83: 1:12pm On Mar 07, 2015
Nice

1 Like 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (28) (Reply)

Forex Trade Alerts / Discussions: Season 24 / 12 Things You Need To Know About Bank Verification Number (BVN) / Anatomy Of An Entrepreneur

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.