Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,749 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:04 AM

REVEALED: Kerry Washington Talk About Her Igbo Name - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / REVEALED: Kerry Washington Talk About Her Igbo Name (440 Views)

Adesua Etomi Stole Hollywood Star Kerry Washington Look To Slay At AMVCA / Tiwa Savage Twerking On Stage In Washington DC [VIDEO] / Kerry Washington Has Ogechi As Igbo Name! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

REVEALED: Kerry Washington Talk About Her Igbo Name by stnwani(m): 9:27am On Feb 18, 2015
Pretty Hollywood actress, Kerry Washington has
disclosed her new middle name.
Kerry who got married to former NFL star,
Nnamdi Asomugha in July 2013, told InStyle that
her new name, Ogechi, was given to her by her
mother-in-law.
“Nnamdi’s parents are Nigerian immigrants. His
father passed when he was young. When you
marry into the Igbo culture, you get a new name.
My name is Ogechi. I wear it on a necklace my
mother-in-law gave me.”
The actress revealed she isn’t the only one with a
‘Nigerian’ name in her home. Her daughter also
has one.
“My daughter’s name is Isabelle Amarachi.
Isabelle is my grandmother’s name. She was a
bad-ass. She’d be scowling if she knew I called
her that, but she was an immigrant from Jamaica
who raised seven children alone in the Bronx.
Isabelle’s middle name, Amarachi is Igbo for
‘God’s grace’.”
Re: REVEALED: Kerry Washington Talk About Her Igbo Name by freezyprinzy(m): 9:30am On Feb 18, 2015
Picture of her her family and her great grand ma
Re: REVEALED: Kerry Washington Talk About Her Igbo Name by dubylhover(m): 9:44am On Feb 18, 2015
I admire her actingg skills
*if you have a problem.......................

Just call olivia pope*

(1) (Reply)

I'm Not Dating Kylie Jenner - Rapper Tyga Breaks Silence / Oh My..toddlewood Kids Mimicks The Oscars Red Carpet Looks...check On It / There's A Kim-kanye Three-way Sex Tape For Sale?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.