Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,283 members, 7,811,834 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:43 PM

Barclays Seeks Investment Banking Licence In Nigeria - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Barclays Seeks Investment Banking Licence In Nigeria (17382 Views)

CBN Grants Providus Bank Licence To Operate As A Commercial Bank / CBN Grants National Banking Licence To Fortis MFB / Associated Discount House Gets Merchant Banking Licence (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Barclays Seeks Investment Banking Licence In Nigeria by ican2020: 12:41pm On Feb 18, 2015
I hope someone will not put a stop to this.
Re: Barclays Seeks Investment Banking Licence In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:41pm On Feb 18, 2015
JHTBS
Re: Barclays Seeks Investment Banking Licence In Nigeria by Opiosko: 12:42pm On Feb 18, 2015
Foward Nigeria. GEJ for continuity.

4 Likes

Re: Barclays Seeks Investment Banking Licence In Nigeria by erico2k2(m): 12:43pm On Feb 18, 2015
Good one.I can rhen use my Debit Card in Nigeria foc
Re: Barclays Seeks Investment Banking Licence In Nigeria by ElFenomeno1: 12:44pm On Feb 18, 2015
Good news.
I can't wait for Barclays to make a full return into the Nigerian market.
The opportunities are limitless.
Re: Barclays Seeks Investment Banking Licence In Nigeria by whyteheart: 12:45pm On Feb 18, 2015
Barclays wan spoil market for APC o grin

3 Likes

Re: Barclays Seeks Investment Banking Licence In Nigeria by mmsen: 12:47pm On Feb 18, 2015
One of the most crooked banks in Europe wants to enter the Nigerian market.

Not a good thing.

More banks are needed, commercial more so than investment but HSBC and Barclays should not be entertained - two very rotten institutions.
Re: Barclays Seeks Investment Banking Licence In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:47pm On Feb 18, 2015
Na barclays premier league I know oh.
Re: Barclays Seeks Investment Banking Licence In Nigeria by Ahmeduana(m): 12:48pm On Feb 18, 2015
J12:
We need more commercial banks and not investment banks.
Its such a shame that we have only about 20 banks when other countries have hundreds of financially and commercially active and strong banks that support the economy.

We need about 20 more commercial banks in Nigeria to boost our financial system. Barclays should go to hell with interests
THANKS TO SOLUDO THE ERUDITE PROFESSOR OF aba BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION.
Re: Barclays Seeks Investment Banking Licence In Nigeria by signz: 12:48pm On Feb 18, 2015
edenhazard:
barclays nigeria premier league smiley smiley smiley

You are in the spirit. For its not man that revealed this to you but the gods.

1 Like

Re: Barclays Seeks Investment Banking Licence In Nigeria by Ahmeduana(m): 12:50pm On Feb 18, 2015
Olawalesadiq:
they should grant them the licences. it gonna (great) more jobs to our economy,

front page things. it not easy
CREATE.
Re: Barclays Seeks Investment Banking Licence In Nigeria by Truckpusher(m): 12:51pm On Feb 18, 2015
edenhazard:
grin you're funny .
Re: Barclays Seeks Investment Banking Licence In Nigeria by victorazy(m): 12:57pm On Feb 18, 2015
Abeg make una do so that we can be watching free premiership matches grin
Re: Barclays Seeks Investment Banking Licence In Nigeria by Viktor1983(m): 1:02pm On Feb 18, 2015
ichidodo:
FDI will shoot through the roof with this fantastic development...so who's coming next, Swiss Bank? Fortis?? Bank of Scotland?

Let em all come ...
Come one,Come All.

2 Likes

Re: Barclays Seeks Investment Banking Licence In Nigeria by Howcomes(m): 1:03pm On Feb 18, 2015
Friends, please kindly visit my Global Wealth Trade (GWT) Virtual Display Mall. Designer Jewelries, Watches, Bags, Glasses, shoes and lot more by FERI Fashion House are sold there. You can shop online at my mall, at GWT you also have the opportunity to own your own Fashion Mall starting at only $169. Please visit and tell me what you think about it.
Thanks.
www.gwtcorp.com/elixir
Re: Barclays Seeks Investment Banking Licence In Nigeria by ednut1(m): 1:06pm On Feb 18, 2015
guys in stanbic investment banking, standard chartered nd co go dey dust cv by now

2 Likes

Re: Barclays Seeks Investment Banking Licence In Nigeria by onatisi(m): 1:07pm On Feb 18, 2015
I have always been telling people that nigeria is the best and easiest place to make money. Outsiders sees the opportunities and they keep rushing to nigeria but nigerians don't and can't see the abundant opportunities surrounding them. They keep complaining day and night and keep insulting gej instead of sitting down and thinking of how to tap into the limitles business opportunites at their fingertips .

7 Likes

Re: Barclays Seeks Investment Banking Licence In Nigeria by signz: 1:07pm On Feb 18, 2015
showreals:
Finally, investment banking is the next big thing in Naija

And CFA will now be the most sought after professional certificate in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Barclays Seeks Investment Banking Licence In Nigeria by theSpark(m): 1:09pm On Feb 18, 2015
edenhazard:

You have sight! I see it coming too.
Re: Barclays Seeks Investment Banking Licence In Nigeria by feedthenation(m): 1:09pm On Feb 18, 2015
Barclays Bank, after messing up the financials in Europe and US, now wants to focus on Africa including Nigeria.

I only hope due diligence is followed before a banking licence is approved by the authorities.

Aside, there will should be free barclays premiership games coming to a local facility near us.

2 Likes

Re: Barclays Seeks Investment Banking Licence In Nigeria by Adesiji77: 1:13pm On Feb 18, 2015
ednut1:
guys in stanbic investment banking, standard chartered nd co go dey dust cv by now

Before nko cheesy
Re: Barclays Seeks Investment Banking Licence In Nigeria by nigerianvenom(m): 1:17pm On Feb 18, 2015
Opiosko:
After many decades..Only GEJ govt can do this. Sia GEJ, Total Transformation continues.

only gej can do this.
goodluck to u,goodluck to me
Re: Barclays Seeks Investment Banking Licence In Nigeria by JideTheBlogger(m): 1:19pm On Feb 18, 2015
scribble:
But the economy is not working or at least what APC want us to think

mind u, Lagos (APC state) , not in Abuja tongue tongue tongue

Fashola is working. Eko o ni baje oo
Re: Barclays Seeks Investment Banking Licence In Nigeria by Nicklaus(m): 1:23pm On Feb 18, 2015
phayvoursky:
You mean....

BARCLAYS PREMIERSHIP
OLODO grin
Re: Barclays Seeks Investment Banking Licence In Nigeria by Opiosko: 1:26pm On Feb 18, 2015
nigerianvenom:

only gej can do this.
goodluck to u,goodluck to me
Amen bro. Goodluck to us, Goodluck to Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Barclays Seeks Investment Banking Licence In Nigeria by redcliff: 1:29pm On Feb 18, 2015
J12:
We need more commercial banks and not investment banks.
Its such a shame that we have only about 20 banks when other countries have hundreds of financially and commercially active and strong banks that support the economy.

We need about 20 more commercial banks in Nigeria to boost our financial system. Barclays should go to hell with interests

are you sure you know what you are saying?

3 Likes

Re: Barclays Seeks Investment Banking Licence In Nigeria by Nicklaus(m): 1:29pm On Feb 18, 2015
Adesiji77:

No, Union Bank used to be Barclays.
That isn't what the article says, it says union bank succeeded barclay's. And not transformed into it

1 Like

Re: Barclays Seeks Investment Banking Licence In Nigeria by anonimi: 1:33pm On Feb 18, 2015
scribble:
But the economy is not working or at least what APC want us to think

That is the work of their very smooth LIES and propaganda that has blackened the very good progressive efforts of this federal administration, duly recognised by credible international observers:

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2112078_bvthridcmaabgmp_jpegcc27eb92c81ab837ea93db90ccbbd5a5

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Barclays Seeks Investment Banking Licence In Nigeria by zubby29(m): 1:34pm On Feb 18, 2015
nice 1
Re: Barclays Seeks Investment Banking Licence In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:41pm On Feb 18, 2015
redcliff:

are you sure you know what you are saying?

I do.
Re: Barclays Seeks Investment Banking Licence In Nigeria by IVORY2009(m): 1:44pm On Feb 18, 2015
joanprice:
money full niger berekete

Which of the Niger? 9ja or Niger republico'
Re: Barclays Seeks Investment Banking Licence In Nigeria by donsteady(m): 1:52pm On Feb 18, 2015
Well, I bank with Barclays here in Ghana, they are too stricts.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Obiora Okonkwo, Ekwueme Named Ndigbo Times New Generation Leader / What Can I Do To Make Money? / LAPO Founder, Dr Ehigiamusoe Advocates TIET Business Model In Entrepreneurship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.