Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,840 members, 7,810,236 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:21 AM

Arsenal Manager Offers To Help Rebuild Nigerian Football - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Arsenal Manager Offers To Help Rebuild Nigerian Football (909 Views)

7 Deaths That Shocked Nigerian Football In 2016 / 5 Things I'm Tired Of Hearing Nigerian Football Fans Say / Arsene Wenger Offers To Train Nigerian Coaches (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Arsenal Manager Offers To Help Rebuild Nigerian Football by paulabola(m): 4:24pm On Feb 18, 2015
NFF President, Amaju Pinnick met with Arsenal manager, Arsene Wenger who assured him of total co-operation whenever it pertained to the clubs youngsters who are of Nigerian descent.

Pinnick met with Wenger at the Frenchmans office at Arsenal training ground, accompanied by NFFs Special Envoy on International Affairs , Tunde Adelakun.

After the meeting described as extremely positive and encouraging , Mr Adelakun said: 'As we had always known, Arsene is very knowledgeable; vast in his knowledge and appreciation of Nigeria as a footballing country, and widely philosophical in his general approach.

'He told me that he has never stopped any player from opting for whichever national team he wants. He said to me that he always tells his players to follow their hearts and not allow people to push them. He further assured that if Nigeria extended a call-up to either or both of his players, he will have no objection if the players say they want to go.'

He also disclosed that Arsene Wenger offered to help in the process of rebuilding the countrys football, when charged by Pinnick.

'Arsene told us that he will gladly do what he can to assist where we want, and has already started giving encouraging signs towards the capacity building exercises for our coaches at all levels.'

Arsenal has in its ranks several Nigerian youngsters including Chuba Akpom, Semi Ajayi who grew up in England and can for the country

2 Likes

Re: Arsenal Manager Offers To Help Rebuild Nigerian Football by vjsmiles: 4:50pm On Feb 18, 2015
BY GIVUNG HIM AKPOM AND AFOBE angry
Re: Arsenal Manager Offers To Help Rebuild Nigerian Football by solomon5555: 5:47pm On Feb 18, 2015
This could be good news for Nigeria
Re: Arsenal Manager Offers To Help Rebuild Nigerian Football by lordthree(m): 6:15pm On Feb 18, 2015
see how white arsene is
Re: Arsenal Manager Offers To Help Rebuild Nigerian Football by AOB1963: 7:51pm On Feb 18, 2015
I did not know that Nigerian football was broken! We are currently African Women Champs, runner up world U20 women, world U17 champions, last 16 in World Cup. If with all this our football needs rebuilding I wonder why Wenger has not helped England who cannot boast of this record. England failed at the World Cup, our U20 women team beat them. Their national teams both men and women has won NOTHING in Europe for close to 50 years. Enough of this doom and gloom analysis of Nigerian football.
What needs rebuilding is the confidence of football administrators in Nigeria NOT Nigerian football.
Re: Arsenal Manager Offers To Help Rebuild Nigerian Football by M4gunners: 8:20pm On Feb 18, 2015
AOB1963:
I did not know that Nigerian football was broken! We are currently African Women Champs, runner up world U20 women, world U17 champions, last 16 in World Cup. If with all this our football needs rebuilding I wonder why Wenger has not helped England who cannot boast of this record. England failed at the World Cup, our U20 women team beat them. Their national teams both men and women has won NOTHING in Europe for close to 50 years. Enough of this doom and gloom analysis of Nigerian football.
What needs rebuilding is the confidence of football administrators in Nigeria NOT Nigerian football.
Look at what hatred has done to you. You didn't even see it that our SE missed the just concluded Africa Cup of Nation.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Manager Offers To Help Rebuild Nigerian Football by M4gunners: 8:22pm On Feb 18, 2015
Prof i can't wait to see rebuild our national team. Loving this news.

(1) (Reply)

Couple Have Sex At The Centre Of A Football Pitch / Imo Deputy Governor And The Daughter Of A Palm Wine Tapper / Who Is Ready And Prepared To Overthrow Leicester City?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.