Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,861 members, 7,817,543 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:05 PM

100 Acres Of Cassava Farming And Garri - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / 100 Acres Of Cassava Farming And Garri (1061 Views)

50 acres of land @45k per acre... promo sales / Final Lap Of Cassava Farming For 2016 / NAFDAC fully Certified Ofada Rice And Garri Ijebu (packaged) For Sale. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

100 Acres Of Cassava Farming And Garri by eoronsaye: 6:11am On Feb 19, 2015
Hi All
I have 100 acres of cassava I will be harvesting in October and plan on converting this over to garri and using the by products for animal feed and starch. I am aware there is alot of potential in Cassava farming but how big is this potential really. This is the first time I have ever done cassava farming so those of you who have any knowledge around cassava farming and garri, your comments will be extremely welcomed.

I will appreciate it if you can please tell me how lucrative this market is.

Is there a high demand for garri during any particular time of the year

What is the going rate for a basin of garri

When I harvest cassava around October and convert this to Garri, what will the price be for a basin of garri in October, November and December period.

How long can Garri be stored for as I can keep it in storage and then sell when the price peak.

I look forward to receiving all your comments.

Many thanks
Re: 100 Acres Of Cassava Farming And Garri by EgusiSoup: 6:32am On Feb 19, 2015
eoronsaye:
Hi All
I have 100 acres of cassava I will be harvesting in October and plan on converting this over to garri and using the by products for animal feed and starch. I am aware there is alot of potential in Cassava farming but how big is this potential really. This is the first time I have ever done cassava farming so those of you who have any knowledge around cassava farming and garri, your comments will be extremely welcomed.

When I harvest cassava around October and convert this to Garri, what will the price be for a basin of garri in October, November and December period.

How long can Garri be stored for as I can keep it in storage and then sell when the price peak.

Many thanks

And how does this affect the price of GARRI in the market?
Re: 100 Acres Of Cassava Farming And Garri by jethro2: 11:18am On Feb 19, 2015
eoronsaye:
Hi All
Many thanks
Please don't tell me you did not do the marketing before planting that large expanse of cassava farm. I don't want to imagine or believe that.
Re: 100 Acres Of Cassava Farming And Garri by choicelady: 1:46pm On Feb 20, 2015
Hahahahahaha, that was the 1st thought that crossed my mind after reading his post.

Please don't tell me you did not do the marketing before planting that large expanse of cassava farm. I don't want to imagine or believe that.[/quote]
Re: 100 Acres Of Cassava Farming And Garri by jeswinner: 5:47pm On Jan 12, 2020
So what's your experience?
Re: 100 Acres Of Cassava Farming And Garri by Teagirl(f): 11:18pm On Jan 12, 2020
You can contact me when you are ready to sell your garri. Provided is of good quality I will buy

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Call Us For Your CAT FISH Order (see Pics) In Port Harcourt / 3-weeks Old Cockerel & Turkey Available For Sale (zionmobilefarm Ibadan) / How Drones Can Help Farmers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.