Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,813 members, 7,810,118 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:05 PM

P2227 Code And AC Issue On A 2005 Honda. Pls Advice! - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / P2227 Code And AC Issue On A 2005 Honda. Pls Advice! (6743 Views)

Honda Civic Ex 02 AC Issue / Honda Civic Ex 02 AC Issue / Chrysler Crossfire Coupe AC Issue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

P2227 Code And AC Issue On A 2005 Honda. Pls Advice! by nitt: 5:51pm On Feb 19, 2015
Hello all,

I am having an AC issue wt my 4cylinder 'e.o.d' that's proving hard to solve. I had an internal leakage as the AC wasn't cooling, so I took it to an AC tech & the leak was found to be from the 'freezer' which was lodged behind the dashboard, and it was solved.

Gas refilled and the car was cooling again. Now, I'm having a new problem as the AC tends to work fine for say 10-15mins then it starts blowing air, then I'd switch it off for 2mins then on again, it normalizes then repeats again. Sometimes it re-engages on its own but most times I switch off then on again after a while.

I took it back to the tech, he checked it and diagnosed the fault to be with the AC switch on d dash where it reads AC. I told him that the light on that button stays on even after the AC trips off but he still insisted that I had to change the switch

So, I thought it right to lay it out for broader opinions.

2ndly, I'm having a P2227 error on my scanner, it reads Barometer circuit range performance.

Tried google but got no definite application to solve the issue. Some said a clogged air filter, which I did a thorough check and cleared the debris, cleared the code but it returned again.

Thanks, waiting for your kind suggestions.
Re: P2227 Code And AC Issue On A 2005 Honda. Pls Advice! by mayor2013: 9:38pm On Feb 19, 2015
Go get a competent Ac Tech. Not all this so called quack Ac techs that only come up with trial and error. As for the code. I doubt if your car's drivability would be fine. Since your car is a drive by cable most definitely you should hae the map sensor. It situated close to the throttle body. You could have a loosed connection or the barometric sensor (Map sensor) could be faulty

Re: P2227 Code And AC Issue On A 2005 Honda. Pls Advice! by nitt: 11:58am On Feb 20, 2015
Lols at the AC competent tech, if only it was that easy. grin

On the contrary, the drive still normal, will check the MAP for a misconnection as u said, if not, will get a replacement.
Re: P2227 Code And AC Issue On A 2005 Honda. Pls Advice! by DECOtech(m): 2:59pm On Feb 20, 2015
nitt:
Lols at the AC competent tech, if only it was that easy. grin

On the contrary, the drive still normal, will check the MAP for a misconnection as u said, if not, will get a replacement.

The P2227 code does not refer to you MAP sensor, but to a circuit inside your ECM that processes information/signals received from pressure sensors in the car, MAP sensor inclusive (note that the AC system also has pressure sensors)

What you really need to do is to replace your ECM.

But for benefit of doubt, you can go ahead to check your MAP sensor and its connections. If the code goes away, kudos! but if not, please replace your ECM.
Re: P2227 Code And AC Issue On A 2005 Honda. Pls Advice! by doroboss(m): 5:52pm On Feb 20, 2015
I'm not a proffesional, but I know a quack when I see 1.

First man said change map and your vehicle is drive by wire without even asking you the specifications of your vehicle .
mayor2013:
Go get a competent Ac Tech. Not all this so called quack Ac techs that only come up with trial and error. As for the code. I doubt if your car's drivability would be fine. Since your car is a drive by cable most definitely you should hae the map sensor. It situated close to the throttle body. You could have a loosed connection or the barometric sensor (Map sensor) could be faulty

Second one said replace E.C.M just like that?!! This NL cartalk is filled with special people o!
DECOtech:

The P2227 code does not refer to you MAP sensor, but to a circuit inside your ECM that processes information/signals received from pressure sensors in the car, MAP sensor inclusive (note that the AC system also has pressure sensors)
What you really need to do is to replace your ECM.
But for benefit of doubt, you can go ahead to check your MAP sensor and its connections. If the code goes away, kudos! but if not, please replace your ECM.

Doroboss says nitt you have too much freon (gas) in you a/c system, which is causing your a.c to trip, have it reduced and your A.C will work fine.

Do not take any of the advice above.

Doroboss

1 Like

Re: P2227 Code And AC Issue On A 2005 Honda. Pls Advice! by mayor2013: 6:09pm On Feb 20, 2015
doroboss:

First man said change map and your vehicle is drive by wire without even asking you the specifications of your vehicle .

Second one said replace E.C.M just like that?!! This NL cartalk is filled with special people o!

Doroboss says nitt you have too much freon (gas) in you a/c system, which is causing your a.c to trip, have it reduced and your A.C will work fine.

Doroboss

I see you have a simple problem reading. Mind you the op has given an info about the car (honda accord 2005). I guess that is clear enough. Where did you see me state a drive by wire. Sorry bro you need educate yourself before you come here to type off point or are u just here to show us you have been given 30mb to type anyfin shocked na so people dey fail exam come dey blame lecturer for them problem grin

1 Like

Re: P2227 Code And AC Issue On A 2005 Honda. Pls Advice! by mayor2013: 6:13pm On Feb 20, 2015
doroboss:

Doroboss

I suggest you start with the rudiments of your ABC. I could get you an " ABCD" chart my son used during his kindergarten class wink
Re: P2227 Code And AC Issue On A 2005 Honda. Pls Advice! by doroboss(m): 6:22pm On Feb 20, 2015
mayor2013:

I see you have a simple problem reading. Mind you the op has given an info about the car (honda accord 2005). I guess that is clear enough. Where did you see me state a drive by wire. Sorry bro you need educate yourself before you come here to type off point or are u just here to show us you have been given 30mb to type anyfin shocked na so people dey fail exam come dey blame lecturer for them problem grin

What is the relationship between manifold absolute presure sensor, and the airconditioning of a honda accord 2005.

And yes you wrote drive by cable(my bad), but im sure his throttle body is electronic.

Please educate me, mayor2013
Re: P2227 Code And AC Issue On A 2005 Honda. Pls Advice! by doroboss(m): 7:00pm On Feb 20, 2015
Nitt what you should expect is a body code which would start with the letter B e.g B1235 the P code (powertrain) is unrelated and probably a pending issue. Use a more proffesional scanning tool and avoid clowns.
Re: P2227 Code And AC Issue On A 2005 Honda. Pls Advice! by nitt: 7:29pm On Feb 20, 2015
'Map', 'ECM' embarassed, 'new scanners' and what not.

To be sincere, I'm now more confused and un-decided from varying opinions here as well. Don't wanna fiddle with this car, no?

1 Like

Re: P2227 Code And AC Issue On A 2005 Honda. Pls Advice! by DECOtech(m): 8:07pm On Feb 20, 2015
doroboss:

Doroboss

You know quacks, right?
Op, please listen to doroboss.

he obviously has a reading problem
Re: P2227 Code And AC Issue On A 2005 Honda. Pls Advice! by DECOtech(m): 8:43pm On Feb 20, 2015
Nitt, you should get someone else interprete te p2227 code for you. try Siena, Gazzuzz etc

Doroboss is a nut job
Re: P2227 Code And AC Issue On A 2005 Honda. Pls Advice! by mayor2013: 9:10pm On Feb 20, 2015
doroboss:

What is the relationship between manifold absolute presure sensor, and the airconditioning of a honda accord 2005.

And yes you wrote drive by cable(my bad), but im sure his throttle body is electronic.

Please educate me, mayor2013

U wanna be educated right. Then there are tutorial classes you could start by attending one. Just a week class should put you through some things I guees. But depends on how fast you can catch up. But come to think of it for some one that can comprehend simple typed answers. There might be a problem undecided
Re: P2227 Code And AC Issue On A 2005 Honda. Pls Advice! by mayor2013: 9:30pm On Feb 20, 2015
doroboss:
Nitt what you should expect is a body code which would start with the letter B e.g B1235 the P code (powertrain) is unrelated and probably a pending issue. Use a more proffesional scanning tool and avoid clowns.

What has a body code got to do with a map sensor You better eschew the op's thread and act like u never contributed. A word of advice
Re: P2227 Code And AC Issue On A 2005 Honda. Pls Advice! by nitt: 10:08pm On Feb 20, 2015
DECOtech:
Nitt, you should get someone else interprete te p2227 code for you. try Siena, Gazzuzz etc

Doroboss is a nut job

Siena, Gazzuzz, Car-doctor .....please advice.
Re: P2227 Code And AC Issue On A 2005 Honda. Pls Advice! by mayor2013: 10:23pm On Feb 20, 2015
nitt:

Siena, Gazzuzz, Car-doctor .....please advice.

Use google and compare with the answers you have been getting so far. You will find out that doroboss is the Master technician here grin grin
Re: P2227 Code And AC Issue On A 2005 Honda. Pls Advice! by doroboss(m): 11:02pm On Feb 20, 2015
nitt:
Hello all,
I am having an AC issue wt my 4cylinder 'e.o.d' that's proving hard to solve. I had an internal leakage as the AC wasn't cooling, so I took it to an AC tech & the leak was found to be from the 'freezer' which was lodged behind the dashboard, and it was solved.
Gas refilled and the car was cooling again. Now, I'm having a new problem as the AC tends to work fine for say 10-15mins then it starts blowing air, then I'd switch it off for 2mins then on again, it normalizes then repeats again. Sometimes it re-engages on its own but most times I switch off then on again after a while.
I took it back to the tech, he checked it and diagnosed the fault to be with the AC switch on d dash where it reads AC. I told him that the light on that button stays on even after the AC trips off but he still insisted that I had to change the switch
2ndly, I'm having a P2227 error on my scanner, it reads Barometer circuit range performance.
Tried google but got no definite application to solve the issue. Some said a clogged air filter, which I did a thorough check and cleared the debris, cleared the code but it returned again.

Let's take it from the top, niit, decotech, mayor2013 please pay attention.

A honda accord 2005 is not a camry 1998, it has different modules that control various accessories of the car.

Niits complain was a faulty air-conditioning that trips after 10-15 mins, and the codes he provided was P2227 this refers to Barometric Pressure Circuit Range/Performance, now you ask your self what is a barometric pressure circuit? Where is it located? How does it affect the performance of the engine? How does it affect the air-conditioning?

Barometric pressure circuit aka (MAP)

FUNCTION

The barometric pressure sensor converts the barometric pressure into a voltage signal and inputs the signal to the engine-ECU.
In response to the signal, the engine-ECU corrects the fuel injection amount, etc.

Some mechanics also call it a "blacksmoke sensor" now that we know what it does how does it affect the said vehicle?
1. There might be a rise in fuel consumption
2. Black fouled spark plugs
3. Misfire
4.Jerking.

At this point ill like to ask niit if he experienced any of the following? If your answer is no (which I expect) let me continue.

Possible causes of p2227 are a clogged air box filTer, damaged O ring on the Map sensor, damaged sensor.

Now that we have settled that let's move on to how odb codes work and are derived

OBD-II codes consist of a number of parts. Here is a sample OBD2 code:

P0171

Here is a breakdown of what each digit of the code means:

First Character - System

The first character identifies the system related to the trouble code.

P = Power train
B = Body
C = Chassis
U = Undefined

The second digit identifies whether the code is a generic code (same on all OBD-II equipped vehicles), or a manufacturer specific code.

0 = Generic (this is the digit zero -- not the letter "O"wink
1 = Enhanced (manufacturer specific)
Third Digit - Sub-System

The third digit denotes the type of sub-system that pertains to the code

1 = Emission Management (Fuel or Air)
2 = Injector Circuit (Fuel or Air)
3 = Ignition or Misfire
4 = Emission Control
5 = Vehicle Speed & Idle Control
6 = Computer & Output Circuit
7 = Transmission
8 = Transmission
9 = SAE Reserved
0 = SAE Reserved
Fourth and Fifth Digits

These digits, along with the others, are variable, and relate to a particular problem

Now niit your vehicle is equipped with a lot of modules that can be diagnosed using the proper tool, unfortunately the person who scaned your vehicle scaned the power train (engine and transmission) if your vehicle was to be diagnosed properly you could independently scan your air-conditioning module, and possibly get an error code. On older cars e.g camry 1998 this was not achievable as such modules did not exist for scanning. Now you do not scan the engine ecm and expect to get codes for airconditioning (which is what was done) you also don't scan engine ecm and expect to get abs or srs airbag codes either, so what was the point arguing?

To conclude I wouLd advice you take your vehicle for a re-scan, be specific what you want to scan. There might be codes related to the problem you stated but from experience when you have too much gas there's a build up of heat and the compressor shuts down to cool off which is what is possibly what is happening to your vehicle.

I hope this nutjob as decotech called me has been able to educate you.

Doroboss

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: P2227 Code And AC Issue On A 2005 Honda. Pls Advice! by chillex8(m): 11:39pm On Feb 20, 2015
doroboss:

A honda accord 2005 is not a camry 1998, it has different modules that control various accessories of the car.

Niits complain was a faulty air-conditioning that trips after 10-15 mins, and the codes he provided was P2227 this refers to Barometric Pressure Circuit Range/Performance, now you ask your self what is a barometric pressure circuit? Where is it located? How does it affect the performance of the engine? How does it affect the air-conditioning?

FUNCTION

The barometric pressure sensor converts the barometric pressure into a voltage signal and inputs the signal to the engine-ECU.
In response to the signal, the engine-ECU corrects the fuel injection amount, etc.

Some mechanics also call it a "blacksmoke sensor" now that we know what it does how does it affect the said vehicle?
3. Misfire
4.Jerking.

At this point ill like to ask niit if he experienced any of the following? If your answer is no (which I expect) let me continue.

Possible causes of p2227 are a clogged air box filTer, damaged O ring on the Map sensor, damaged sensor.

Now that we have settled that let's move on to how odb codes work and are derived

P0171

First Character - System

P = Power train
B = Body
C = Chassis
U = Undefined

The second digit identifies whether the code is a generic code (same on all OBD-II equipped vehicles), or a manufacturer specific code.

Third Digit - Sub-System

3 = Ignition or Misfire
4 = Emission Control
7 = Transmission
8 = Transmission
9 = SAE Reserved
0 = SAE Reserved
Fourth and Fifth Digits

These digits, along with the others, are variable, and relate to a particular problem

Now niit your vehicle is equipped with a lot of modules that can be diagnosed using the proper tool, unfortunately the person who scaned your vehicle scaned the power train (engine and transmission) if your vehicle was to be diagnosed properly you could independently scan your air-conditioning module, and possibly get an error code. On older cars e.g camry 1998 this was not achievable as such modules did not exist for scanning. Now you do not scan the engine ecm and expect to get codes for airconditioning (which is what was done) you also don't scan engine ecm and expect to get abs or srs airbag codes either, so what was the point arguing?

To conclude I wouLd advice you take your vehicle for a re-scan, be specific what you want to scan. There might be codes related to the problem you stated but from experience when you have too much gas there's a build up of heat and the compressor shuts down to cool off which is what is possibly what is happening to your vehicle.

Doroboss

Oboy shocked

See finishing cheesy

3 Likes

Re: P2227 Code And AC Issue On A 2005 Honda. Pls Advice! by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:41pm On Feb 20, 2015
Seems the nutjob knows what he's talking abt.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: P2227 Code And AC Issue On A 2005 Honda. Pls Advice! by mayor2013: 7:29am On Feb 21, 2015
doroboss:

FUNCTION

3. Misfire
4.Jerking.

P0171

First Character - System

P = Power train
B = Body
C = Chassis
U = Undefined

Third Digit - Sub-System

3 = Ignition or Misfire
4 = Emission Control
7 = Transmission
8 = Transmission
9 = SAE Reserved
0 = SAE Reserved
Fourth and Fifth Digits

Doroboss

Vis-a- viz my earlier response. Now I believe you don't understand an iota of what have typed earlier as regards the op's Ac I told him to take it to a competent tech. I posted a diagram to show the op where he can find the map sensor of his car. What ever you had written here Mr doroboss is called "plagiarism". You better always read carefully through what is typed on before you
Re: P2227 Code And AC Issue On A 2005 Honda. Pls Advice! by doroboss(m): 8:06am On Feb 21, 2015
mayor2013:

Vis-a- viz my earlier response. Now I believe you don't understand an iota of what have typed earlier as regards the op's Ac I told him to take it to a competent tech. I posted a diagram to show the op where he can find the map sensor of his car. What ever you had written here Mr doroboss is called "plagiarism". You better always read carefully through what is typed on before you

Trying to wriggle out on a technicality? At least you are better off than the guy who said nitt should replace his ecm grin. We learn every day, let's be careful what we advice people to do on cartalk. P2227 is a very common code and most times without any drivability issues. The point is if a poster has a problem with A.C if you don't have the soultion, do not add more problems to his issue, just read and pass. Or at least help by telling him weather it is a related problem or not. If he had posted an ABS code would replacing abs sensors or replacing abs pump bring the a.c back?

I'm not here to diss you guys, 1 love.

Doroboss.

Unfollows thread.

2 Likes

Re: P2227 Code And AC Issue On A 2005 Honda. Pls Advice! by Amono: 8:27am On Feb 21, 2015
Iv gone through this thread twice and could not help but laugh, but there are some things ill like to point Out
nitt:

Please let us avoid calling each other names.

This thread really enlightened me on scanning procedures.

2 Likes

Re: P2227 Code And AC Issue On A 2005 Honda. Pls Advice! by nitt: 11:20am On Feb 21, 2015
@ doroboss, your contribution has been really helpful, so to all who took time to give advice. Thanks.

As to the code; I used a personal scanner (an Autel Maxiscan) to get that code. Would find it difficult getting an auto-shop that has comprehensive diagnostic services over here where I am presently located.

As per the A/C, would get the gas level reduced a bit and observe how it goes, pending when I'll get a standard scan done.

The P2227 code, will get to inspect the MAP tomorrow being my free day from work - if no odd observation is gotten, will order for a new MAP asap. (Tnx 4 the picture of the 'MAP sensor', @mayor2013)

God bless you all.
Re: P2227 Code And AC Issue On A 2005 Honda. Pls Advice! by doroboss(m): 11:58am On Feb 21, 2015
Nitt I actually unfollowed this thread but since you mentioned me I had to come back and say "you are welcome" grin Where is decotech? angry He seems to have abandoned this thread

Ecu killer tongue
Re: P2227 Code And AC Issue On A 2005 Honda. Pls Advice! by nitt: 4:03pm On Feb 21, 2015
doroboss:
Nitt I actually unfollowed this thread but since you mentioned me I had to come back and say "you are welcome" grin Where is decotech? angry He seems to have abandoned this thread

Ecu killer tongue

Lol...

Yh
Re: P2227 Code And AC Issue On A 2005 Honda. Pls Advice! by DECOtech(m): 2:54pm On Feb 23, 2015
doroboss:

Ecu killer tongue

Lol!

doroboss:

FUNCTION

3. Misfire
4.Jerking.

P0171

First Character - System

P = Power train
B = Body
C = Chassis
U = Undefined

Third Digit - Sub-System

3 = Ignition or Misfire
4 = Emission Control
7 = Transmission
8 = Transmission
9 = SAE Reserved
0 = SAE Reserved
Fourth and Fifth Digits

Doroboss

doroboss, I read you loud and clear.
You know what you are saying, only that you have digressed from the main issue here.

Is the code P2227 related to BCM or powertrain? whatever your answer is, please educate us about the code.

I called you a nutjob cos you were quick to start an 'off point' argument and refused to redirect yourself even after you were told you had a reading problem.

Below is what Nitt posted and from what I understand, he was reporting two different issues. First, he said;

nitt:
Hello all,

Then this followed and that was what I responded to;

nitt:

Re: P2227 Code And AC Issue On A 2005 Honda. Pls Advice! by doroboss(m): 8:23pm On Feb 23, 2015
Sorry for the attack decotech and mayor2013 I have a health challenge, sometimes I just light up the acetylene and go all ballistic, but I'm fine now. wink

Peace and 1 love, I'm even sharing my favourite brand[img]http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSPm0IT4M_U6bvRa2LEk-LDYTcCE_dA8NWjquvzyBzwZMxlqSNVavRgl5s[/img]

Doroboss cool

About the health challenge I'm actually allergic to BS angry angry grin

2 Likes

Re: P2227 Code And AC Issue On A 2005 Honda. Pls Advice! by DECOtech(m): 11:49pm On Feb 28, 2015
doroboss:
I'm actually allergic to BS angry angry grin

Me too. that was what made me call you a nut-job

sad sad sad Well... sorry about that sha

thanks for the drink, Heineken is my favorite brand as well cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: P2227 Code And AC Issue On A 2005 Honda. Pls Advice! by frugal(m): 4:28am On Jul 31, 2016
nitt:
@ doroboss, your contribution has been really helpful, so to all who took time to give advice. Thanks.

As to the code; I used a personal scanner (an Autel Maxiscan) to get that code. Would find it difficult getting an auto-shop that has comprehensive diagnostic services over here where I am presently located.

As per the A/C, would get the gas level reduced a bit and observe how it goes, pending when I'll get a standard scan done.

The P2227 code, will get to inspect the MAP tomorrow being my free day from work - if no odd observation is gotten, will order for a new MAP asap. (Tnx 4 the picture of the 'MAP sensor', @mayor2013)

God bless you all.

Did you ever get to resolve this issue and how?
Re: P2227 Code And AC Issue On A 2005 Honda. Pls Advice! by mayor2013: 9:08am On Jul 31, 2016
frugal:

Did you ever get to resolve this issue and how?

It can be solved. Call multi autolab on 08165520837 or 08156087872
Re: P2227 Code And AC Issue On A 2005 Honda. Pls Advice! by alphabbey1(m): 10:16am On Feb 20, 2022
nitt:

God bless you all.
Good day, does reducing the gas solve the compressor issue of tripping off ?

(1) (Reply)

Survey:5 Most Common Faults That Appear In New Cars Within The First 3 Years / Help My 04 Maxima Keeps Burning My Coil / Top 10 Stock Sleepers (you’re Better Off Leaving Alone) + PICS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 110
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.