Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,604 members, 7,823,622 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:33 PM

How To Answer The Question "Why Do You Want To Change Your Current Job" - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How To Answer The Question "Why Do You Want To Change Your Current Job" (29519 Views)

Best Answer To The Interview Question - Why Hire You? / 'how To Answer The Question, "How Much Do We Pay You?"' / 5 Ways To Answer The Interview Question, "Why Do You Want To Work Here?" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Answer The Question "Why Do You Want To Change Your Current Job" by JewelDiamond(f): 9:14pm On Feb 19, 2015
Just tell them, u discovered ur employer belongs to a cult group.

1 Like

Re: How To Answer The Question "Why Do You Want To Change Your Current Job" by Nobody: 9:17pm On Feb 19, 2015
after reading this title, I thought the write up will talk about the topic meanwhile it's an irony! 4Q nigah!!
Re: How To Answer The Question "Why Do You Want To Change Your Current Job" by IGWISE(m): 9:24pm On Feb 19, 2015
Thinking
Re: How To Answer The Question "Why Do You Want To Change Your Current Job" by pglobal: 9:27pm On Feb 19, 2015
you need more challenges to enable you grow in your career
Re: How To Answer The Question "Why Do You Want To Change Your Current Job" by sheftyxz(m): 9:30pm On Feb 19, 2015
Kaybee14:
..You can respond by saying the job is not challenging, thereby you need a more challenging job & you strongly believe that this company is the right fit for you.

perfect answer
Re: How To Answer The Question "Why Do You Want To Change Your Current Job" by Olufemiolaolu(m): 9:33pm On Feb 19, 2015
kessluvall:
Since am a serving corper, lemme watch while those experienced answer.
Honestly ur boobs re awesome cheesy
Re: How To Answer The Question "Why Do You Want To Change Your Current Job" by sheftyxz(m): 9:34pm On Feb 19, 2015
JewelDiamond:
Just tell them, u discovered ur employer belongs to a cult group.

Instantly, you'll be given appointment letter grin grin
Re: How To Answer The Question "Why Do You Want To Change Your Current Job" by bluebabyboy1: 9:38pm On Feb 19, 2015
Whatever the reason, NEVER tell them it's about the money (though you can't separate money from it). Tell them you have gathered all the skills you could possibly acquire in your current role and there is no more room for motivation - so you have chosen to change jobs so you could experience fresh challenges and put all your acquired skills to use. Let them know you believe your acquired skills/experience would come handy in helping them realize their set goals and objectives.
Re: How To Answer The Question "Why Do You Want To Change Your Current Job" by heffem(m): 9:45pm On Feb 19, 2015
Op, you simply say...."ȋ̝̊̅ need a more challenging job, that will bring out the best in you, while producing positive results"...... Don't make the mistake of saying that you need more money, that's enough to tell you off.......
Re: How To Answer The Question "Why Do You Want To Change Your Current Job" by lipstick2(f): 10:06pm On Feb 19, 2015
For a more challenging opportunity and urge or desire to learn something new
Re: How To Answer The Question "Why Do You Want To Change Your Current Job" by instinct57vm(m): 10:16pm On Feb 19, 2015
I see d new company as a place dat will gv me d opportunity to progress in my career and develop further by learning n interacting with d group of professionals
Re: How To Answer The Question "Why Do You Want To Change Your Current Job" by Bitojoe(m): 10:35pm On Feb 19, 2015
I feel my contribution as part of a team could be put to much better use with a larger or more focused company where i can expand my skill further. But try not to be negative about the job you are leaving,
Re: How To Answer The Question "Why Do You Want To Change Your Current Job" by GamaG(m): 10:44pm On Feb 19, 2015
tell them that the company's goal and vision tallies with your personal objectives of looking for a job that will enable you unleash your great potential to the fullest. thats y u want to change as u could not be able to unleash such a great potential with ur current job.
Re: How To Answer The Question "Why Do You Want To Change Your Current Job" by mafioso47(m): 10:54pm On Feb 19, 2015
Tell them you identify with the goals of the company (Outline the company's goals and mission) and tell them how you like to be part of the company's success story.

Try as much as possible not to bring ur previous company into your answer to avoid questions related to pay, conditions of service and all that. This would tempt u to badmouth ur previous company which of cos is a minus 4 u.
Good luck!
Re: How To Answer The Question "Why Do You Want To Change Your Current Job" by VivaLaFrans: 11:17pm On Feb 19, 2015
konny1:
1. I need new challenges or I'm not intellectually challenged and no platform for questions or questioning in my current job.
This one may put the OP into trouble o.
Re: How To Answer The Question "Why Do You Want To Change Your Current Job" by Mekzmoney(m): 11:29pm On Feb 19, 2015
ANSWER:
“I do enjoy working at my current job. The culture and the people make it a great place to work. But I’m looking for more responsibility with new and fresh challenges. I have worked on and successfully completed several projects from start to finish during the past two years. Currently, advancement opportunities are scarce at my current job. I don’t mind a slow down in pace from time to time, but it’s important to me to keep my career continually moving in a forward direction that is consistent with my career goals.”

U can use google 4 more answers plz.

Goodluck.
Re: How To Answer The Question "Why Do You Want To Change Your Current Job" by Johniky19(m): 11:30pm On Feb 19, 2015
Because of greedy.
Re: How To Answer The Question "Why Do You Want To Change Your Current Job" by Nobody: 11:32pm On Feb 19, 2015
It's time to move to the next stage of my career.
Re: How To Answer The Question "Why Do You Want To Change Your Current Job" by SirBlack999(m): 11:40pm On Feb 19, 2015
lordprosh:
u can reply by saying u ar not given all chances to impact posively

And what are those chances?
Re: How To Answer The Question "Why Do You Want To Change Your Current Job" by lordprosh(m): 11:55pm On Feb 19, 2015
Alichigozie:

what chances if i may ask u.

like wr i work bfor..dy dont blv in my ideas coz am young nd dy all are old pple..i had to leave coz i wasnt gettn d best out of m out
Re: How To Answer The Question "Why Do You Want To Change Your Current Job" by femmysin(m): 11:56pm On Feb 19, 2015
Pls let me consult ifa

Re: How To Answer The Question "Why Do You Want To Change Your Current Job" by lordprosh(m): 11:58pm On Feb 19, 2015
SirBlack999:
And what are those chances?

1.dy blv u are too young (no experience)
2.dy are negative minded nd u blv in tryin new tins but dy blv in old ways

1 Like

Re: How To Answer The Question "Why Do You Want To Change Your Current Job" by Ojaysport: 12:19am On Feb 20, 2015
Olalan:
I want to ask what appropriate answers that can be provided when asked about the reason for wanting to leave your current employer to join a new organization. Twice I have been asked and I realise my responses were not really convincing.
tell them u r looking for more challenging job and u find their organisatn more suitable to actualize ur dream
Re: How To Answer The Question "Why Do You Want To Change Your Current Job" by Nobody: 1:05am On Feb 20, 2015
It's simple. Tell the HR that you're looking for good benefit (Health insurance, Life insurance, 401 K and profit sharing).
I got to run.
Re: How To Answer The Question "Why Do You Want To Change Your Current Job" by Spiritman21(m): 2:46am On Feb 20, 2015
If you have gone through all the comments given by some people you would have pictured that “career“ or “skill improvement“ should be your ultimate reason not salary or convienience.

Let them know you look for an opportunity to improve your skills and step up in your career while you help the company meet her both short-term & long-term goals.

Hope this helps.
Re: How To Answer The Question "Why Do You Want To Change Your Current Job" by Maximus17(m): 5:47am On Feb 20, 2015
kessluvall:
Since am a serving corper, lemme watch while those experienced answer.
as we dey same slippers, we still dey follow comments
Re: How To Answer The Question "Why Do You Want To Change Your Current Job" by Maximus17(m): 5:50am On Feb 20, 2015
I have been checking thru comments, and I must say I'm impressed, NL is really a learning ground where intellectuals rub minds, I've being blessed by some of your posts!!

1 Like

Re: How To Answer The Question "Why Do You Want To Change Your Current Job" by spirit88: 7:29am On Feb 20, 2015
simply put, career move.
Re: How To Answer The Question "Why Do You Want To Change Your Current Job" by Nobody: 8:00am On Feb 20, 2015
Most generic &acceptable answers:

Looking for an opportunity to learn new skills, and i have always had an passion /interest in Bleep industry (Bleep being the industry that the prospective company you applied to operates in) and with you company being a 1. Major player or 2. New entrant i am absolutely ecstatic at the opportunity to gain this experience.

I was affected by a general downsizing.

Wrong answer:
My present employer is a winch
My present company is in problem ooo
I am unemployed!!! (NEVER EVER EVER EVER SAY THIS!!! except you just finished serving)

Manageable answers:
I was fired (if spun well works wonders)
I am a contract staff so looking for something more permanent and being that i have a keen interest in Bleep industry i was quick to jumpat this opportunity.

I resigned

1 Like

Re: How To Answer The Question "Why Do You Want To Change Your Current Job" by makazona(m): 8:11am On Feb 20, 2015
smudge2079:
What is d meaning of COY?

coy=company
Re: How To Answer The Question "Why Do You Want To Change Your Current Job" by levelszik(m): 8:26am On Feb 20, 2015
alotofgrace:
career is ahead....you have to be progressive to get there. I believe this is a dynamic company and a stepping stone because I am ready to deliver my best to the fullest.
best suggestion ever, you just made my day.kudos!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigerian Navy Released List Of Candidates For Batch 27 Aptitude Test (photos) / United States Consulate General Job Recruitment (5 Positions) / Unemployment: Nigerian Graduate Burns His Certificates (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.