Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,754 members, 7,817,085 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:10 AM

Questions About CV's Answered Plus Samples of Creative CV's. - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Questions About CV's Answered Plus Samples of Creative CV's. (2055 Views)

Please Help Review My CV / Frequently Asked Questions About CFA / Yay!! Push Cv Just Congratulated Me!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Questions About CV's Answered Plus Samples of Creative CV's. by Shinor(m): 6:36pm On Feb 19, 2015
Hi Guys I am back again. My last article on CV's had over 17,000 views on nairaland alone, 20,000 views on my blog SAO The Employment Coach and I was getting close to 30 CV requests a day. Obviously I am only one man doing this to help young people out there so I had to slow down cos I couldn't cope. Also took time out to update and upgrade myself by attending a few courses. Well here is an opportunity to have all those questions you've always had regarding your CV answered. I have also attached copies of really captive one page CV's for fresh graduates. Sometimes it's not what is in the CV it's the way it looks. Spend sometime and be creative with your CV. Take time to visit my website and follow me on twitter @sinatwitt. Wishing you all the best as always.[i]
[/i]
Q: Does a CV always need to be only one page?

A: CV length should not exceed two sides of A4 paper. How much of those two sides you fill depends on how much you have done. Undergraduates and school leavers may be hard pushed to fill two sides of A4 simply because they may not have very much experience, if this is the case one side of A4 will suffice. Conversely candidates who have established a career history will have to be selective as to what they include so that it all fits on, in this case make sensible use of margin and paragraph sizes.

Q: Should the education section always be near the top?

A: If you still are in or have recently completed formal education your academic achievements will form a major part of your qualifications, and it is recommended to place these near the top of your CV. Also some industries, notably communications, value related experience above degree work and therefore, place your academic qualifications further down the page.

Q: Is an objective always necessary?

A: No, it is not crucial, however an employer will be impressed if you have a focused idea of where you want your career to be heading, especially if it is in line with their planned development.

Q: What if I haven’t done very much to fill up my CV?

A: This does not matter, everyone has to start somewhere, if sparse content is a problem use sensible formatting and fonts so that you comfortably fill one side of A4.

Q: Do hobbies and personal interests need to be shown?

A: It is not imperative to show your interests however it can provide an employer with an insight into your personality. This will undoubtedly be covered at interview so the more you can prepare them the better.

See more questions at http://www.sinaolowoake.com/q--a.html

(1) (Reply)

How To Produce Laundry/solid Soap / Need Turnitin, Quillbot And Grammarly? / Top 10 Highest Paid Degrees

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.