Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,332 members, 7,822,582 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:18 PM

Ecobank ATM Paid Me Counterfeit - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Ecobank ATM Paid Me Counterfeit (31530 Views)

Ecobank May Shut Down 70 Branches Nationwide / UNIZIK Student Ptotests Against Ecobank As ATM Debits Her Without Dispensing / Someone Paid Me With Fake 1000 Note. What Will I Do?? Pics!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ecobank ATM Paid Me Counterfeit by Nobody: 5:41am On Feb 20, 2015
Were it from someone else I would have given reasons why it will be impossible for an atm machine to dispense counterfeit naira notes. But an atm machine in Omoku Rivers State after series of withdraws yesterday 19/2/15 dispensed a counterfeit #1000 note. It was a shocker. I immediately alerted the security men there, they advised I wait till 8am when the bank usually opens and all other witnesses around were filled with awe. Finally they opened their doors to customers around 8:30am I walked in and got a bigger surprise; the senior officer or operations manager said there's a possibility I had it on me that I should write a complaint and attach the note (story for the gods). So my dear good people of NL. How do I handle this? I still have the note with me. Lest I forget, there and then a security guard offered me #500 for that same note but I refused. My anger was the attitude of the customer relations officer and whoever the operations manager was for saying I had it on me. I had to collect phone numbers of people who witnessed the incident. So give me the best way to get them not to make such expensive mistake again.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ecobank ATM Paid Me Counterfeit by alienvirus: 5:52am On Feb 20, 2015
The head of operation should be sacked and arrested.

26 Likes

Re: Ecobank ATM Paid Me Counterfeit by Akkord4gov: 5:53am On Feb 20, 2015
That is Nigeria for u,u have already been told that no evidence to proof ur claim.So my bro,my advice is accept what cannot be change and fast for 41 days with immense prayers for ur beloved country.With prayers,everything is possible

2 Likes

Re: Ecobank ATM Paid Me Counterfeit by whirlwind7(m): 6:24am On Feb 20, 2015
Sick country.
It is apparent in everything: From the security personnel who offered to buy the counterfeit note to the operations manager who couldn't think about confirming your claims first via the CCTV attached to the ATM.

I thought these machines can detect fake notes and have them destroyed promptly...?
Wont be surprised if a machine in Naija dispenses a blank piece of paper cut to the size of currency notes.

35 Likes

Re: Ecobank ATM Paid Me Counterfeit by Nobody: 6:33am On Feb 20, 2015
If truly u didn't have it on you & they do nothin to rectify it or show true remorse,sue them for fraud & deceit...

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ecobank ATM Paid Me Counterfeit by stinggy(m): 6:37am On Feb 20, 2015
Nigeria and dramas. I don't know which steps you can take but I wish you make millions from this careless act of theirs.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ecobank ATM Paid Me Counterfeit by Nobody: 6:39am On Feb 20, 2015
Boss how far, just destroy the money, how are you doing it being a while @OP

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ecobank ATM Paid Me Counterfeit by samlestic(m): 6:58am On Feb 20, 2015
get a lawyer, not mining d cost.

3 Likes

Re: Ecobank ATM Paid Me Counterfeit by Nobody: 7:01am On Feb 20, 2015
@op, please don't destroy the money. Write the said letter, make photocopies, take pictures of you attaching the fake note, before you hand them the letter.

It happened to me, though mine was paid over the counter. I couldn't identify the fake note because the money I withrew was huge and this was on friday. I only detected on monday when I paid the fake note along with other good ones. I rushed back to the bank around 12noon and gently walked to the cashier who denied paying me. The manager changed the money from his pocket when I told him I was going to petition the bank.

In other words, they know their staff play smart. Don't let it go without a fight. You have witnesses, I didn't. It's just a thousand, but imagine if they are allowed to dispense without caution.

17 Likes

Re: Ecobank ATM Paid Me Counterfeit by Nobody: 7:02am On Feb 20, 2015
I believe you OP but let's face reality here. It will be very difficult to prove you didn't have the money with you before. I doubt if any lawyer will take up such a case

Your DSTV, CCTV or intercom just stopped working? Contact me on 07035432286 or on BBM: 2B9BC38B and I'll have it fixed for you

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ecobank ATM Paid Me Counterfeit by Nobody: 7:20am On Feb 20, 2015
imag5:
Boss how far, just destroy the money, how are you doing it being a while @OP

Bros no way, am suing them the idiots. Am good o, na una work carry me enter Omoku.

In all I did record my conversation with them inside the bank. The way they were sending me from one desk to another. The response was anticipated, just getting ready to make them pay wella. I told the manager to get the footage from the cctv in the atm ready. Am just laughing in Swahili.

Engrtemmy:
I believe you OP but let's face reality here. It will be very difficult to prove you didn't have the money with you before. I doubt if any lawyer will take up such a case
Your DSTV, CCTV or intercom just stopped working? Contact me on 07035432286 or on BBM: 2B9BC38B and I'll have it fixed for you

No worry, in court it's all bout facts. They will have to disprove me and three other witnesses I have their contact with that footage. Funny I waved it in front of the camera. My lawyer friend got #700k for cockroach inside a coke bottle for his younger brother outside court talk more of when I've #1000 counterfeit from a bank.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ecobank ATM Paid Me Counterfeit by Nobody: 7:24am On Feb 20, 2015
pasino26:

Bros no way, am suing them the idiots. Am good o, na una work carry me enter Omoku.

In all I did record my conversation with them inside the bank. The way they were sending me from one desk to another. The response was anticipated, just getting ready to make them pay wella. I told the manager to get the footage from the cctv in the atm ready. Am just laughing in Swahili.

No worry, in court it's all bout facts. They will have to disprove me and three other witnesses I have their contact with that footage. Funny I waved it in front of the camera. My lawyer friend got #700k for cockroach inside a coke bottle for his younger brother outside court talk more of when I've #1000 counterfeit from a bank.

Let's see how it goes. Keep us posted.
Re: Ecobank ATM Paid Me Counterfeit by Nobody: 7:37am On Feb 20, 2015
Take good photos of the counterfeit note. That one isn't clear

1 Like

Re: Ecobank ATM Paid Me Counterfeit by priscaoge(f): 7:59am On Feb 20, 2015
Lolest cheesy cheesy

No wonder I see many people counting their money in front of the ATM after withdrawing money just in case cheesy cheesy

14 Likes

Re: Ecobank ATM Paid Me Counterfeit by sammieguze(m): 8:00am On Feb 20, 2015
Na today?

There was a day i left d office unknowingly wit an empty wallet.

Lift is not working and i can't climb stairs to the fifth floor to retrieve my money so, i decided to just use the atm and withdraw 1000 naira to use as tfare. Lo and behold, the sole note dispensed to me is a fake note. Shaperly i went into the banking hall and changed the money.

The idiot wanted to claim i had other notes on me so i just showed her my wallet containing just 200 naira.

She got no choice o.

Btw... Myself and some of my colleagues has been a victim many times.

Akure (alagbaka)

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ecobank ATM Paid Me Counterfeit by Sierraloaded: 8:00am On Feb 20, 2015
Ha
Re: Ecobank ATM Paid Me Counterfeit by Pavore9: 8:00am On Feb 20, 2015
Hian!
Re: Ecobank ATM Paid Me Counterfeit by grandstar(m): 8:01am On Feb 20, 2015
TRUE! they do pay fake!

1 Like

Re: Ecobank ATM Paid Me Counterfeit by Tobilastik(m): 8:01am On Feb 20, 2015
Nigeria!!!
NLers are advising him to sue them as if they don't leave in Nigeria where the Judiciary sector is worst unless someone has connection

2 Likes

Re: Ecobank ATM Paid Me Counterfeit by braxjay(m): 8:01am On Feb 20, 2015
hmm

1 Share

Re: Ecobank ATM Paid Me Counterfeit by AmakaDNB(f): 8:02am On Feb 20, 2015
Its possible na
Re: Ecobank ATM Paid Me Counterfeit by Kirinwa: 8:02am On Feb 20, 2015
Sue Ecobank for fraud. Contact me. Its a good case. What people don't know is there's a cctv in every ATM.

3 Likes

Re: Ecobank ATM Paid Me Counterfeit by khalebzy(m): 8:03am On Feb 20, 2015
kkk
Re: Ecobank ATM Paid Me Counterfeit by ToyozzieTohBad(f): 8:03am On Feb 20, 2015
I believe you jare... I spent 2 hours right in front of dere ECO bank accountant dis yesterday...people wey queue think say I want to withdrawl all my sins cry

7 Likes

Re: Ecobank ATM Paid Me Counterfeit by kent79: 8:03am On Feb 20, 2015
The thing dey happen wella
Re: Ecobank ATM Paid Me Counterfeit by firstolalekan(m): 8:04am On Feb 20, 2015
Desperate time ⌚ calls for desperate measures
Most of this bankers thieves
They have been feeling fat on people's dormant account
Now that cbn has introduced new policy, they have changed their stealing strategies to inserting counterfeits to our money.
Na thunder ⚡ go fire all of una.

GEJ TILL 2015.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ecobank ATM Paid Me Counterfeit by sosanova: 8:04am On Feb 20, 2015
L
Re: Ecobank ATM Paid Me Counterfeit by adebrave1(m): 8:04am On Feb 20, 2015
Na Naija we dey, e fit be so
Re: Ecobank ATM Paid Me Counterfeit by DrPrickson: 8:04am On Feb 20, 2015
OP. Your time to hammer has come. Sue the living day light out of them.
Thank God its Ecobank. On behave of all the customers(me included) that bank had be frustrated, pls make them pay!!

3 Likes

Re: Ecobank ATM Paid Me Counterfeit by OGeeKush(m): 8:04am On Feb 20, 2015
nawa o
Re: Ecobank ATM Paid Me Counterfeit by RedArrow: 8:05am On Feb 20, 2015
Somebody needs to be questioned

1 Like

Re: Ecobank ATM Paid Me Counterfeit by holluwai(m): 8:05am On Feb 20, 2015
No lie! It happened to my wife few weeks ago at a fcmb bank ATM.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Is Uber/taxify Still Booming Like Before? I Need Advice. / Farmers To Crash Price Of Rice To N6,000 Per Bag / Has Osinbajo Tamed The Dollar?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.