Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,916 members, 7,817,689 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:22 PM

Abuja Chinese Supermarket Owner Appears Before FCCPC, Store Reopened - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Abuja Chinese Supermarket Owner Appears Before FCCPC, Store Reopened (31156 Views)

Abuja Chinese Supermarket Shuts Doors / Nigerians Went To The Chinese Supermarket In Abuja To Confirm / Nigerian "Denied Entry" Into A Chinese Supermarket In Abuja (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Abuja Chinese Supermarket Owner Appears Before FCCPC, Store Reopened by BeeBeeOoh(m): 9:21pm On Apr 24
The owner of the Abuja-based Chinese supermarket sealed for not allowing Nigerians to shop at the facility, Liu Bei, has appeared before a tribunal at the Federal Competition and Consumer Protection Commission.

Our correspondent gathered that Liu Bei, in the company of her family and estate officials, arrived at the commission headquarters located in Asokoro, Abuja on Wednesday at 11 am to defend discriminatory claims against her.

The latest development followed a summons notice and threat of sanctions by the FCCPC on Monday after it sealed her store.

PUNCH Online reported on Sunday that the supermarket had implemented a policy restricting entry solely to Chinese nationals, excluding Nigerians from patronising the establishment.

This report sparked widespread condemnation as Nigerians voiced their concerns over the discriminatory treatment.

But the supermarket owner, in a statement sent to PUNCH Online, refuted allegations that her store catered exclusively to a particular group, emphasising that she served residents, workers, and visitors from the office building, irrespective of nationality.

Giving an update, the estate assistant facility manager, Sanusi Shuaibu, in a telephone chat with our correspondent declared that the issue has been resolved and officials of the commission have unsealed the grocery store.

He said, “Yes, we went to the commission today and all the issues have been resolved. The owner of the supermarket was also present at the meeting with the officials. The owner tried to explain the situation and they allowed everyone involved to explain what really happened.

“They also asked us to submit some documents which we did and they also asked her (the owner) some questions. After the meeting, we left the commission and they came to unseal the supermarket.

“They also checked the products in the store and we provided answers to all the questions asked. The store is now open and the woman has returned to her shop.”

An official who works at the FCCPC also confirmed to our correspondent that the supermarket owner appeared at the meeting.

“I saw some persons including the Chinese woman, at our office earlier today and a few hours later, our enforcement officers left the premises but I don’t know if they went to unseal the place or not.”

https://punchng.com/abuja-chinese-supermarket-owner-appears-before-fccpc-store-reopened/

4 Likes

Re: Abuja Chinese Supermarket Owner Appears Before FCCPC, Store Reopened by Namaster: 9:27pm On Apr 24
"...we went to the commission today and all the issues have been resolved..."

This is why they fuuuck with Nigerians even in Nigeria. The corruption is so PALPABLE they know that they can get away with ANYTHING.

In this shitty country, ANYTHING can be resolved with a fat enough envelope.

This issue of BLATANT discrimination against Nigerians was not investigated for up to 3 days YET FCCPC has declared it resolved and unsealed the criminal supermarket to continue with its discrimination.

ZERO consequences!

A real shame.

119 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Abuja Chinese Supermarket Owner Appears Before FCCPC, Store Reopened by ovie8200: 9:27pm On Apr 24
Oh my God, I almost made it to first......second, not bad.

By the way, where's the owner's picture? I'm just asking if I see him/her on the street so I can say hello kindly. If you know what I mean, you know!

See how they are treating Nigerians inside Nigeria. Yet, many people are praying for China to be a world leader simply because they hate the USA. Imagine what would happen to the world if China became a leader, see how they will treat other countries will cause the world to suffer, and COVID-19 would be an understatement.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abuja Chinese Supermarket Owner Appears Before FCCPC, Store Reopened by Donaldoni: 9:28pm On Apr 24
Allow Nigerians in
That's all

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Abuja Chinese Supermarket Owner Appears Before FCCPC, Store Reopened by RapistOnBail: 9:28pm On Apr 24

Nigerians are wild mannerless people.

19 Likes

Re: Abuja Chinese Supermarket Owner Appears Before FCCPC, Store Reopened by joseph1832(m): 9:28pm On Apr 24
Oh yeah... why didn't the commission invite the first person who went there, and was refused access into the place, along with those people who went there to investigate and post videos of the store's discrimatory practices for their own views?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abuja Chinese Supermarket Owner Appears Before FCCPC, Store Reopened by jubrilELsudan: 9:29pm On Apr 24
IF THIS WERE THE OLD DAYS OF WE 9JA YOUTHS OF THE 80'S AND 90'S NOTHING FOR DEY FOR DEM TO REOPENED CAUSE BY NOW YOUTHS FOR DON BURN DOWN THE WHOLE COMPLEX

BUT UNFORTUNATELY THIS PRESENT DAY 9JA YOUTHS DEY VERY USELESS NA HIM MAKE BUHARI SAY DEM DEY LAZY

13 Likes

Re: Abuja Chinese Supermarket Owner Appears Before FCCPC, Store Reopened by Alexas58: 9:29pm On Apr 24
When will the doors be fully opened to Nigerians?

4 Likes

Re: Abuja Chinese Supermarket Owner Appears Before FCCPC, Store Reopened by jiz: 9:29pm On Apr 24
Ok
Re: Abuja Chinese Supermarket Owner Appears Before FCCPC, Store Reopened by israelmao(m): 9:29pm On Apr 24
Chinese dictating to us in our land?It's unimaginable!People should be careful of what they buy from that supermarket before they package boiled lizards and human heads for them.

5 Likes

Re: Abuja Chinese Supermarket Owner Appears Before FCCPC, Store Reopened by tuoyoojo(m): 9:29pm On Apr 24
China wen we dey owe money nine dem wan threaten ni

I knew it would be resolved in no time

The sealing was just......u know

5 Likes

Re: Abuja Chinese Supermarket Owner Appears Before FCCPC, Store Reopened by Raxxye(m): 9:29pm On Apr 24
Always good to not take decision based on one-side story. Good she was given a fair hearing
Re: Abuja Chinese Supermarket Owner Appears Before FCCPC, Store Reopened by callmevirus(m): 9:30pm On Apr 24
Nothing concern me but E dey mind

1 Like

Re: Abuja Chinese Supermarket Owner Appears Before FCCPC, Store Reopened by Prettychild(f): 9:30pm On Apr 24
Hmmn! Chinkos discriminating in another man’s country

4 Likes

Re: Abuja Chinese Supermarket Owner Appears Before FCCPC, Store Reopened by Naz34(m): 9:31pm On Apr 24
What was the resolve!? Are Nigerians now allowed to shop in the chinese store ?

1 Like

Re: Abuja Chinese Supermarket Owner Appears Before FCCPC, Store Reopened by WebSurfer(m): 9:31pm On Apr 24
what is that image/photo below the post, the supermarket or grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abuja Chinese Supermarket Owner Appears Before FCCPC, Store Reopened by GalaxyStones: 9:32pm On Apr 24
This writeup did not address the question everyone is asking abi na me no sabi read....

Can Nigerians now enter the premises

Abi Visa is required undecided

6 Likes

Re: Abuja Chinese Supermarket Owner Appears Before FCCPC, Store Reopened by MVLOX(m): 9:32pm On Apr 24
Go and sin no more
Re: Abuja Chinese Supermarket Owner Appears Before FCCPC, Store Reopened by morikee: 9:32pm On Apr 24
But this one no look like Supermarket na looks more like a residential building

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abuja Chinese Supermarket Owner Appears Before FCCPC, Store Reopened by godwinstringed1(m): 9:32pm On Apr 24
Good
Re: Abuja Chinese Supermarket Owner Appears Before FCCPC, Store Reopened by Everyday247: 9:32pm On Apr 24
omo see all this people booking space, booking of space is not allowed!!! cry

1 Like

Re: Abuja Chinese Supermarket Owner Appears Before FCCPC, Store Reopened by Houseontherock1: 9:32pm On Apr 24
Simple question; are Nigerians allowed in now or status quo remains? Just curious undecided

2 Likes

Re: Abuja Chinese Supermarket Owner Appears Before FCCPC, Store Reopened by Naz34(m): 9:32pm On Apr 24
And I hope our people will also be allowed to window shop too.
Re: Abuja Chinese Supermarket Owner Appears Before FCCPC, Store Reopened by AbdulAkpan: 9:32pm On Apr 24
Why are we even angry about this as if we Nigerians buy groceries. They sell groceries in that supermarket. We only buy food stuffs, tea, bread, stock fish, kpomo, etc. so they should free the Chincos to sell and buy their groceries to their fellow Chincos.
Re: Abuja Chinese Supermarket Owner Appears Before FCCPC, Store Reopened by dreamworld: 9:33pm On Apr 24
cheesy
Re: Abuja Chinese Supermarket Owner Appears Before FCCPC, Store Reopened by Judolisco(m): 9:33pm On Apr 24
Seriously nothing concern me with d Chinese store but d annoying thing is seeing some useless Nigerians defending it... Some idiots even said they were scared that Nigerians will loot their store.... Omo angry

How Chinese of all people go come 9ja dey practice apartheid angry

3 Likes

Re: Abuja Chinese Supermarket Owner Appears Before FCCPC, Store Reopened by Gbadugbakun(m): 9:33pm On Apr 24
Money has exchanged hands.
Re: Abuja Chinese Supermarket Owner Appears Before FCCPC, Store Reopened by AllenSpencer: 9:33pm On Apr 24
RapistOnBail:

Nigerians are wild mannerless people.

Can we also both agree that you mannerless?

Don’t tell me you are from Korea.

7 Likes

Re: Abuja Chinese Supermarket Owner Appears Before FCCPC, Store Reopened by Digmygold: 9:35pm On Apr 24
Donaldoni:
Allow Nigerians in
That's all
Deport him too
Re: Abuja Chinese Supermarket Owner Appears Before FCCPC, Store Reopened by id4sho(m): 9:36pm On Apr 24
Labor laws need to be addressed tongue

Nigerians are suffering under indians and Cantonese factories

1 Like

Re: Abuja Chinese Supermarket Owner Appears Before FCCPC, Store Reopened by iamjavadem(m): 9:36pm On Apr 24
People are just commenting without reading the article, lazy youths.

2 Likes

Re: Abuja Chinese Supermarket Owner Appears Before FCCPC, Store Reopened by GiftCardShopper: 9:36pm On Apr 24
Day 1:

I need a job...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Danger That Come With Naira Devaluation / Scam Alert: Gtbank Account Holders. Please Read / Which Bank Offers The Best Saving Option In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.