Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,916 members, 7,817,686 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:20 PM

Be Brave And Quit That Job Now.....a Personal Story!!! - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Be Brave And Quit That Job Now.....a Personal Story!!! (6237 Views)

Sample Cover Letter That Should Land You That Job / I Got The Police Job, Now I'm More Confused / Just Before You Take That Job, See This (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Be Brave And Quit That Job Now.....a Personal Story!!! by duduade: 11:34am On Feb 21, 2015
fohlarp:
I cn undstd.i had sch exprnc b4 wr my oga had hs own cliq. bcz dr was a minor issue btwn me nd one of hs clip was lkg 4 all mns 2 brg me dwn,bt 2dy sm ogas're Using me 2 prch dt dy wnt a staf dt adapts 2 chg easly bcz dt oga chgd my dpt 2 anoda nd dy cld nw c clrly dt it's d oga dt's frstg me.so wt ptnc,evn d new dpt,met strbrn ppl bt lata den bow.is it 2 tlk of wen dr's no prsnl table wr i cld do thgs d guy lft nw so av bn able 2 pk my thgs easily in d drawa.so all we nid is PATIENCE,bt let dem knw U dnt tk trash bt at d same frdly.
what kind of stupiid abbreviation is this

1 Like

Re: Be Brave And Quit That Job Now.....a Personal Story!!! by duduade: 11:39am On Feb 21, 2015
SisiNini:
@NosoChic and charles009, how is it not wrong for someone to resign from his place of work on the basis of ethinicity in a country like Nigeria...? A country where Nepotism, Ethnicity and Favouritism are the norms...

You jux have to understand the politics of your workplace and continually pray for God's favour...

@Op, you'll share good testimony soon...
Amen... And to every other person who has found he or herself in such shoes.. Dont mind those saying otherwise...buh they can travel to obodo oyinbo land where they practise racism and wash toilets there...
Re: Be Brave And Quit That Job Now.....a Personal Story!!! by Nobody: 4:06pm On Feb 21, 2015
bestestgirl:
Guy its not to late to go and beg for that resignation to be withdrawn. if you seriously believe that there is a job somewhere that will be free of tribalism, jealousy and haters, you are deluded.
Go back to your job and learn how to cope, the job market is already over-crowded
if you no understand the guy post, y you comment... the next thing after God while job searching is you believing in yourself! without that,even if you meet dangote today of which the question which mite just land you a job in his organization is what's your name sir/ma?you go fumble big time!
Re: Be Brave And Quit That Job Now.....a Personal Story!!! by Nobody: 4:09pm On Feb 21, 2015
NosoChic:
@kingjoo We fail to realise that for us to effectively change here in Nigeria. ...It must start from individual re - orientation then to the family before it can effectively reflect in our society.

Trust me our corporate environment is not favorable to persons of integrity. At the moment I know so many people who have had to migrate out of the country because our society doesn't seem to reward INTEGRITY.

For those who doubt, I put it out for any one to mention any integrity based private company operating in Nigeria.
hills imagery is 1...
Re: Be Brave And Quit That Job Now.....a Personal Story!!! by vislabraye(m): 7:07pm On Feb 21, 2015
charles009:
For people like charles009, When i got hired in 2012 with a starter salary of N162,000 as a supevisor in a certain multi national company. Life to me became an instant bed of roses. Since then i had risen so fast and experienced some good fortunes, that I became a branch head in under one year.
When my boss retired, 1year ago, things have started going south, scathing attacks on me by the ogas who all belong to an identical ethnic group.(I am from a different ethnicity). Though i have decided not to use ethnicity as an excuse. Life became almost becoming unbearable for me. With each passing second, i feel my self worth is eroded. .

I have been advised on how to cope with the pressure, trust me, hatred is an evil that plagues all conscience.

I finally resigned from the job yesterday, and this morning I woke up with this renewed feeling that old things are passed away. I have started sourcing for another job and believe Mathew 7:1. if you ask your father for bread for bread, will he give you stone?

For all of you out there, suffering the same self eroding fate, I say to you, be encouraged, dont let your face drop, believe in you abilities, When people call u incompetent, let that fire roaring within you be the response. Heaven has a plan for you. Set yourself free. Be brave!!

To my bosses, Be free from HATE!!! I love you all, and i thank you all for daring me to do greater things.

Op, I hope it ends up well with you and that by 2moro, you don't have regrets.
You just resigned so you can't feel the side effects now. If you have less responsibility and/or you don't pay house rent, you won't have problems.

I don't know the circumstances surrounding you but others may not have it easy. Goodluck to you.
BTW, tell us about the tribalism part.
Re: Be Brave And Quit That Job Now.....a Personal Story!!! by iyknaz(m): 11:57am On Feb 22, 2015
bestestgirl:
Guy its not to late to go and beg for that resignation to be withdrawn. if you seriously believe that there is a job somewhere that will be free of tribalism, jealousy and haters, you are deluded.
Go back to your job and learn how to cope, the job market is already over-crowded
why would u say he is deluded? Do u know what he went through 2 have decided 2 eventually quit? U guys think everybody will end up so desperate dat they'll put up with anythin in d name of a job. Some ppl actually know their self worth and will rather start afresh than tolerate an unappreciative employer. Stop thinking that a particular job is ones life. U guys should have some dignity!

1 Like

Re: Be Brave And Quit That Job Now.....a Personal Story!!! by AriDsexy(f): 2:49pm On Feb 22, 2015
donigspain:
NOTHING LIKE PEACE OF MIND!

True but when u don't have money and u begin to stay at home day after day then u understand what peace of mind actually is..Fact.
Re: Be Brave And Quit That Job Now.....a Personal Story!!! by AriDsexy(f): 2:54pm On Feb 22, 2015
iyknaz:
why would u say he is deluded? Do u know what he went through 2 have decided 2 eventually quit? U guys think everybody will end up so desperate dat they'll put up with anythin in d name of a job. Some ppl actually know their self worth and will rather start afresh than tolerate an unappreciative employer. Stop thinking that a particular job is ones life. U guys should have some dignity!

Don't blame us for sounding this way,its actually d job situation that is making us reason like that

I personally feel that he should have waited patiently to get another one before resigning.

And yes,people have gone through worst situations.
Re: Be Brave And Quit That Job Now.....a Personal Story!!! by iyknaz(m): 3:29pm On Feb 22, 2015
AriDsexy:

Don't blame us for sounding this way,its actually d job situation that is making us reason like that

I personally feel that he should have waited patiently to get another one before resigning.

And yes,people have gone through worst situations.
We rlly need 2 have some standards in life otherwise we will lose our rights as humans. Dignity is one thing God gave us all freely. If taken away by a so called job, it's never worth it. Any job dat is designed 2 degrade u in any form or manner, is not just worth it! Dnt u understand!? I presume u'r a female. Imagine u are constantly being sexually harrassed by a boss, will u continue in dat job jst because d country is hard? Will u accept less than half of what a colleague that has d same qualification and performs d same responsibilities as u do receives as salary( he receives 100k while u receive 30k) jst because d country is hard? Will u still work in a job whr ur juniors ar constantly promoted while u'r kept at d same position jst because ur boss doesn't like u?It's a big lie 2 say dat one can't find a job whr u feel fulfilled. It might nt com immediately, but wit preparation and d right attitude, u'll get it( I knw 2 ppl who jst got a mouth watering job jst last month in dis so called tough country) We all must hav a standard- dat is wat distinguishes d rich 4rm d poor. Accepting anything thrown at us makes us nothing less than an animals. Have some dignty!

4 Likes

Re: Be Brave And Quit That Job Now.....a Personal Story!!! by iyknaz(m): 3:32pm On Feb 22, 2015
(Correction) less than animals, not an animals

1 Like

Re: Be Brave And Quit That Job Now.....a Personal Story!!! by AriDsexy(f): 4:16pm On Feb 22, 2015
iyknaz:
We rlly need 2 have some standards in life otherwise we will lose our rights as humans. Dignity is one thing God gave us all freely. If taken away by a so called job, it's never worth it. Any job dat is designed 2 degrade u in any form or manner, is not just worth it! Dnt u understand!? I presume u'r a female. Imagine u are constantly being sexually harrassed by a boss, will u continue in dat job jst because d country is hard? Will u accept less than half of what a colleague that has d same qualification and performs d same responsibilities as u do receives as salary( he receives 100k while u receive 30k) jst because d country is hard? Will u still work in a job whr ur juniors ar constantly promoted while u'r kept at d same position jst because ur boss doesn't like u?It's a big lie 2 say dat one can't find a job whr u feel fulfilled. It might nt com immediately, but wit preparation and d right attitude, u'll get it( I knw 2 ppl who jst got a mouth watering job jst last month in dis so called tough country) We all must hav a standard- dat is wat distinguishes d rich 4rm d poor. Accepting anything thrown at us makes us nothing less than an animals. Have some dignty!

Ok boss.
Re: Be Brave And Quit That Job Now.....a Personal Story!!! by donigspain(m): 4:40pm On Feb 22, 2015
AriDsexy:

True but when u don't have money and u begin to stay at home day after day then u understand what peace of mind actually is..Fact.
My post is in the assumption that he already made assessment and feasible plans before quitting. Looking at his earnings one would not expect him to resign without proper plans. Hope you got me?
Re: Be Brave And Quit That Job Now.....a Personal Story!!! by AriDsexy(f): 4:56pm On Feb 22, 2015
donigspain:
My post is in the assumption that he already made assessment and feasible plans before quitting. Looking at his earnings one would not expect him to resign without proper plans. Hope you got me?

I get u sir.
Re: Be Brave And Quit That Job Now.....a Personal Story!!! by Oyetboy(m): 6:03pm On Feb 22, 2015
fohlarp:
I cn undstd.i had sch exprnc b4 wr my oga had hs own cliq. bcz dr was a minor issue btwn me nd one of hs clip was lkg 4 all mns 2 brg me dwn,bt 2dy sm ogas're Using me 2 prch dt dy wnt a staf dt adapts 2 chg easly bcz dt oga chgd my dpt 2 anoda nd dy cld nw c clrly dt it's d oga dt's frstg me.so wt ptnc,evn d new dpt,met strbrn ppl bt lata den bow.is it 2 tlk of wen dr's no prsnl table wr i cld do thgs d guy lft nw so av bn able 2 pk my thgs easily in d drawa.so all we nid is PATIENCE,bt let dem knw U dnt tk trash bt at d same frdly.
i can't even comprehend what you wrote, endeavor to write legibly
Re: Be Brave And Quit That Job Now.....a Personal Story!!! by charles009(m): 7:25pm On Feb 22, 2015
AriDsexy:

Ok boss.
We share same belief. Don let anyone erode you of your self worth period. I am hopeful good news is in sight and I will update you better.
Re: Be Brave And Quit That Job Now.....a Personal Story!!! by acidtalk: 8:13pm On Feb 22, 2015
fohlarp:

YOU JUST TYPED IN A VERY IMMATURE WAY. GOOOSH!!!

1 Like

Re: Be Brave And Quit That Job Now.....a Personal Story!!! by Nobody: 8:27pm On Feb 22, 2015
bestestgirl:

My brother, all those feelings you mentioned are also associated with unemployment and will still be present in the new job. All that matters is how much to control yourself and manage the people around you.
The other lady said that she resigned because she was being forced to compromise her integrity, I support that wholeheartedly!! but resigning because your colleagues are being ethnic bigots is not wise, simply because more ethnic bigots are waiting for him in his new job.
will he keep resigning from every job that has tribalists?

I guess you haven't worked in a structured organisation where there's zero tolerance for all sorts of bias, ethnicity included. undecided

Maybe you'll change views then. Nothing greater than self worth. If you know what you're worth, you sure as hell don't need to be begging anyone for jobs. Heck, they'd call you back to probably renegotiate with you.

cool

1 Like

Re: Be Brave And Quit That Job Now.....a Personal Story!!! by raayah(f): 8:59pm On Feb 22, 2015
duduade:
what kind of stupiid abbreviation is this
embarassed

Blows my mind!
Re: Be Brave And Quit That Job Now.....a Personal Story!!! by Nobody: 10:17pm On Feb 22, 2015
masonkz:

I guess you haven't worked in a structured organisation where there's zero tolerance for all sorts of bias, ethnicity included. undecided

Maybe you'll change views then. Nothing greater than self worth. If you know what you're worth, you sure as hell don't need to be begging anyone for jobs. Heck, they'd call you back to probably renegotiate with you.

cool

grin grin do you reside in Nigeria? if you do, then you know that no matter how structured an organisation is, tribalism will definitely rear its ugly head. I agree that if you are good, they'll even be the ones to chase you down, but being good does not end in just knowing the job, it also entails your ability to maintain the cohesion in your team.
I have seen instances where a very brilliant employee was relegated to the background because he just could not work with the team and was always the source of friction among the team members.
the good book says we should be as wise as the serpent and as gentle as the dove.

1 Like

Re: Be Brave And Quit That Job Now.....a Personal Story!!! by Nobody: 10:27pm On Feb 22, 2015
iyknaz:

Easier said than done, brother. and yes he is deluded IF HE THINKS THAT TRIBAL BIGOTS ARE NOT IN THE NEW JOB!!

U guys should understand my stance on this please, I'm all for self-worth and dignity and not compromising standards. I just refuse to swallow the opinion that the OP could not fix his work relationships and that quitting was the best option in this case.
Re: Be Brave And Quit That Job Now.....a Personal Story!!! by Nobody: 11:35pm On Feb 22, 2015
Desteenee:
Bros I believe you should have managed the situation better than that, ''its really cold outside''

Tell him bro very cold my guy

1 Like

Re: Be Brave And Quit That Job Now.....a Personal Story!!! by Nobody: 1:03am On Feb 23, 2015
bestestgirl:

grin grin do you reside in Nigeria? if you do, then you know that no matter how structured an organisation is, tribalism will definitely rear its ugly head. I agree that if you are good, they'll even be the ones to chase you down, but being good does not end in just knowing the job, it also entails your ability to maintain the cohesion in your team.
I have seen instances where a very brilliant employee was relegated to the background because he just could not work with the team and was always the source of friction among the team members.
the good book says we should be as wise as the serpent and as gentle as the dove.

Madam. I reside in Nigeria and work in one of the structured organisations i earlier referred to undecided

On another note, i have also worked in a company where such tribal/racial sentiment played it's role.
Re: Be Brave And Quit That Job Now.....a Personal Story!!! by cvibe2: 7:25am On Feb 23, 2015
@ Charles009,

The most abused employee (employee of the Nigerian people) in Nigeria is GEJ.

Your action at resigning, tells me you do not have good interpersonal skills to work with different types of people, cannot work under pressure, and cannot manage criticism well.

my 2kobo
Re: Be Brave And Quit That Job Now.....a Personal Story!!! by dustydee: 10:54am On Feb 23, 2015
fohlarp:
What is this? undecided
Re: Be Brave And Quit That Job Now.....a Personal Story!!! by wealthywiseman: 4:02pm On Feb 23, 2015
fohlarp:

Bros, your post is so incomprehensible. Learn to write fully and stop the Abbv.

I doubt if anyone understood your post
Re: Be Brave And Quit That Job Now.....a Personal Story!!! by valexzky(m): 9:22pm On Feb 23, 2015
OP, with people like you, there's hope for Nigeria.
Re: Be Brave And Quit That Job Now.....a Personal Story!!! by GboyegaD(m): 2:55am On Feb 24, 2015
Good you followed your mind because, such decisions requires bravery. May God help you get a better job soon and give you the courage to endure while you wait.
Re: Be Brave And Quit That Job Now.....a Personal Story!!! by GboyegaD(m): 3:01am On Feb 24, 2015
cvibe2:
@ Charles009,

The most abused employee (employee of the Nigerian people) in Nigeria is GEJ.

Your action at resigning, tells me you do not have good interpersonal skills to work with different types of people, cannot work under pressure, and cannot manage criticism well.
my 2kobo

You can manage people however, not everyone is worth that stress as it might lead you to boot licking all for survival. Not willing to play game with negatives doesn't mean you don't have good interpersonal skills, it is only knowing what you are worth.
Re: Be Brave And Quit That Job Now.....a Personal Story!!! by Polchiz(m): 9:01pm On Jul 24, 2022

Easier said than done, brother. and yes he is deluded IF HE THINKS THAT TRIBAL BIGOTS ARE NOT IN THE NEW JOB!!

U guys should understand my stance on this please, I'm all for self-worth and dignity and not compromising standards. I just refuse to swallow the opinion that the OP could not fix his work relationships and that quitting was the best option in this case.

It seems you are benefitting from tribalism and double standard at work.
Re: Be Brave And Quit That Job Now.....a Personal Story!!! by Zanzibar1: 9:48pm On Jul 24, 2022
charles009:
For people like charles009, When i got hired in 2012 with a starter salary of N162,000 as a supevisor in a certain multi national company. Life to me became an instant bed of roses. Since then i had risen so fast and experienced some good fortunes, that I became a branch head in under one year.
When my boss retired, 1year ago, things have started going south, scathing attacks on me by the ogas who all belong to an identical ethnic group.(I am from a different ethnicity). Though i have decided not to use ethnicity as an excuse. Life became almost becoming unbearable for me. With each passing second, i feel my self worth is eroded. .

I have been advised on how to cope with the pressure, trust me, hatred is an evil that plagues all conscience.

I finally resigned from the job yesterday, and this morning I woke up with this renewed feeling that old things are passed away. I have started sourcing for another job and believe Mathew 7:1. if you ask your father for bread for bread, will he give you stone?

For all of you out there, suffering the same self eroding fate, I say to you, be encouraged, dont let your face drop, believe in you abilities, When people call u incompetent, let that fire roaring within you be the response. Heaven has a plan for you. Set yourself free. Be brave!!

To my bosses, Be free from HATE!!! I love you all, and i thank you all for daring me to do greater things.

Few years down the line, how are you fairing now ?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE) Job Recruitment (5 Positions) / Vacancies At Elf / Got A Job At Bank PHb Within 19 Days!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.