Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,902 members, 7,828,180 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:36 AM

Nigerians Hate Paying Back Debt –Chike Obi, AMCON MD - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Nigerians Hate Paying Back Debt –Chike Obi, AMCON MD (533 Views)

AMCON To Sell Peugeot To Dangote, Kaduna And Kebbi / Finally, AMCON Sells Keystone Bank / 10 ‘Big Boys’ Hold Economy To Ransom, Owe AMCON N1tr (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians Hate Paying Back Debt –Chike Obi, AMCON MD by Adesiji77: 2:13am On Feb 21, 2015
In this interview with ERIC DUMO, the Managing Director, Asset Management Corporation of Nigeria, Mustafa Chike-Obi, talks about the agency and its challenges

Are you saying Nigerian companies are making your work difficult?

Let me just say generally that Nigerians would rather not pay their debts. There are some wonderful examples of people who have walked up to us and said, ‘we owe money and we want to pay but the majority of our debtors are reluctant to pay and we will use all our powers to ensure they pay.’ That is our responsibility.

READ THE REST OF THE INTERVIEW HERE http://www.punchng.com/feature/hotseat/nigerians-hate-paying-back-debt-chike-obi-amcon-md/

CC: Seun, Ishilove, lalasticlala
Re: Nigerians Hate Paying Back Debt –Chike Obi, AMCON MD by Randerl: 5:54am On Feb 21, 2015
True word. Some people lack the honour of repaying even #50,000 loans. They either avoid the Creditor or repay him in bits and pieces. Yet they want to live large beyond their means via borrowing to buy mundane and unnecessary stuff.
Re: Nigerians Hate Paying Back Debt –Chike Obi, AMCON MD by menix(m): 11:45am On Feb 21, 2015
I would say 95% of Nigerians would hardly want to pay back.
Sometimes I wonder if its a curse.

Before diz banking reform, som dudes pick loans wiv full intent of not paying back. I know of a Retail officer who would even help his customer arrange loan knowing the customer aint paying back as long as his percentage is sure.
Re: Nigerians Hate Paying Back Debt –Chike Obi, AMCON MD by Lincolnburrows(m): 3:52pm On Feb 21, 2015
Like seriously! It's very annoying. What hurts most is when they come for the debt, they look humble and innocent, telling you how they have helped people in the past and how everybody had desserted them in their own time of need. You will hear comments like 'if I was the one, I would have helped' bla bla bla... I don't blame anybody when they refuse to help one nowadays. There is so much betrayal and distrust in this country and your relatives are no exception.

(1) (Reply)

Anzisha Offers Africa’s Youngest Entrepreneurs Opportunity To Win $75,000 / Start Making Money / 1/2 A Plot Of Land For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.