Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,965 members, 7,810,676 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:08 PM

Fire At World's Tallest Apartment Building In Dubai - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Fire At World's Tallest Apartment Building In Dubai (2124 Views)

Opening Of Saudi Arabia $2B World's Tallest Building Pushed To 2019(photos). / Burj Khalifa:the World's Tallest Building / Checkout The Tallest Building In Nigeria{pictures And Record Details} (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fire At World's Tallest Apartment Building In Dubai by danies1941(m): 5:15am On Feb 21, 2015
A fire is currently raging at one of the tallest buildings in the world- The Torch in Dubai . The fire started about 5 hours ago on the 50th floor (other sources say it is the 50th floor) and is still raging.

Any Nigerians living there -hope you are safe.

"Security guards inside one of the world's tallest residential towers ran from apartment to apartment as fire alarms blared, calling for those inside to evacuate the building as part of it burned.

Kathryn Dickie, who lives on the 13th floor of The Torch in Dubai, told ABC News that the fire alarms began going off about 2 a.m. local time Saturday.

"The guards were pretty frantic," she said.

Dickie said residents believed the fire began near the 51st floor of the 1,100-foot-tall tower. She ran to a friend's apartment nearby, where they watched firefighters battle the blaze.

"You can actually see the flames being pushed out by the fire hoses," she said.

From her friend's apartment, Dickie saw flaming debris fall to the ground and continue smoldering. She estimated that there were at least ten fire trucks outside the tower, where about 2,000 people live.

Dickie, from Australia, said she has lived in Dubai for about one-and-a-half years, where she does business development for a law firm.

Dickie posted a video about 4:20 a.m. local time showing the fire going out. The blaze appeared to be extinguished a few hours after it began, reports The Associated Press.

It's unclear what caused the fire, but police on the scene had no immediate reports of deaths or injuries.

Local media reports high winds caused the fire to spread rapidly.

The tower was completed in 2011 and has 79 floors above ground.

Dubai, the largest city in the United Arab Emirates, population 9.3 million, is home to the tallest building in the world, the Burj Khalifa, which stands 2,716.5 feet tall and more than 160 stories, according to its website."

Source: http://abcnews.go.com/International/dubai-torch-tower-ablaze-dramatic-video/story?id=29117236

Re: Fire At World's Tallest Apartment Building In Dubai by klem93(m): 5:45am On Feb 21, 2015
Haa!!! this is serious!!! world tallest building is going down
Re: Fire At World's Tallest Apartment Building In Dubai by xpac01(m): 5:48am On Feb 21, 2015
This is really terrible. I pray no much casualties.
Re: Fire At World's Tallest Apartment Building In Dubai by dj187: 5:52am On Feb 21, 2015
klem93:
U sure say u read d post at all
Re: Fire At World's Tallest Apartment Building In Dubai by CalebEst: 5:58am On Feb 21, 2015
Can any1 pls send me a copy of Dan Brown's inferno. 10x. sweetetodret@yahoo.com
Re: Fire At World's Tallest Apartment Building In Dubai by klem93(m): 6:01am On Feb 21, 2015
yes sir... fire is burning in burj Khalifa and now why the question if I may ask
dj187:
U sure say u read d post at all
Re: Fire At World's Tallest Apartment Building In Dubai by Nobody: 6:02am On Feb 21, 2015
. . . . . . This reminds me of The Tower of Babel. . Una wan go meet God for heaven? I pray no life will be lost here. Amen!
Re: Fire At World's Tallest Apartment Building In Dubai by shugacaneman: 6:14am On Feb 21, 2015
i feel so bad because they knw what tourism means and they value their properties
Re: Fire At World's Tallest Apartment Building In Dubai by knightsTempler: 6:52am On Feb 21, 2015
klem93:
yes sir... fire is burning in burj Khalifa and now why the question if I may ask

The fire is not not on Burj Khalifa, but rather on "the torch", it's among the tallest building but not the tallest.
Re: Fire At World's Tallest Apartment Building In Dubai by blackjack21(m): 7:20am On Feb 21, 2015
Yea! It started in my apartment.
I was blazing this weed, king kong finger size, when I got to the kitchen to prepare some indomie cos I was so hungry. There, one thing lead to another, cos you know we use gas not kerosene in Dubai.
I had this large reseve of the finest Mushian(mushin) blunt. When it caught fire, the smoke got to everywhere and it hit a lotta people. You coulda see thes'e arab folk, the became merry, and you could here them saying allah akbar, allah akbar, alihamdilla alihamdilla. They became so humane and lovlier.
A diplomatic blanket of secrecy has been thrown over this information. Means you won't hear it in the new.
Andthe arab league are deliberating the idea that they will stop nuking (bombing) the position of ISIL, and instead will start nuking and drowsing them with a gaseous, and plummy smog of weeds. Hopefully they will become humane again.
Plus I will be receiving a noble peace award soon.
Thank you
Re: Fire At World's Tallest Apartment Building In Dubai by Nobody: 7:36am On Feb 21, 2015
Fighting fire on a 50th floor no be beans. Imagine how high?

Oyibo dey try.
Re: Fire At World's Tallest Apartment Building In Dubai by Nobody: 8:02am On Feb 21, 2015
Imanuelle:
Fighting fire on a 50th floor no be beans. Imagine how high?

Oyibo dey try.
lol... You think say Dem b naija Wey no get foresight?
Re: Fire At World's Tallest Apartment Building In Dubai by Nobody: 8:10am On Feb 21, 2015
2sexi:
lol... You think say Dem b naija Wey no get foresight?

These people don't just pray, the plan for everything.

iHail bros.
Re: Fire At World's Tallest Apartment Building In Dubai by Nutase: 8:37am On Feb 21, 2015
na jonathan cause am angry
Re: Fire At World's Tallest Apartment Building In Dubai by cirmuell(m): 8:38am On Feb 21, 2015
blackjack21:
Yea! It started in my apartment.
I was blazing this weed, king kong finger size, when I got to the kitchen to prepare some indomie cos I was so hungry. There, one thing lead to another, cos you know we use gas not kerosene in Dubai.
I had this large reseve of the finest Mushian(mushin) blunt. When it caught fire, the smoke got to everywhere and it hit a lotta people. You coulda see thes'e arab folk, the became merry, and you could here them saying allah akbar, allah akbar, alihamdilla alihamdilla. They became so humane and lovlier.
A diplomatic blanket of secrecy has been thrown over this information. Means you won't hear it in the new.
Andthe arab league are deliberating the idea that they will stop nuking (bombing) the position of ISIL, and instead will start nuking and drowsing them with a gaseous, and plummy smog of weeds. Hopefully they will become humane again.
Plus I will be receiving a noble peace award soon.
Thank you

what brand of weed you smoking bro?
Re: Fire At World's Tallest Apartment Building In Dubai by Dominionng(m): 8:39am On Feb 21, 2015
A major disadvantage of wet construction.

Dubia having fire itch with a 'mere' 79 floors skyscraper, China building over a 200 floors skyscraper that is fire proof, that can also withstand a earthquake of 9.0magnitude! Talk about foresight...
Re: Fire At World's Tallest Apartment Building In Dubai by Nobody: 9:28am On Feb 21, 2015
klem93:
It is Dubai and not Nigeria, in 4 days occupants can go back in while repairs are done on the affected sides.
Re: Fire At World's Tallest Apartment Building In Dubai by Nobody: 9:46am On Feb 21, 2015
Imanuelle:

These people don't just pray, the plan for everything.

iHail bros.
Na me hail u pass o
Re: Fire At World's Tallest Apartment Building In Dubai by blackjack21(m): 10:25am On Feb 21, 2015
cirmuell:
what brand of weed you smoking bro?

the same brand Seun' smoke.
Re: Fire At World's Tallest Apartment Building In Dubai by cirmuell(m): 10:44am On Feb 21, 2015
blackjack21:

the same brand S.eun' smoke.
I no dey o.
Re: Fire At World's Tallest Apartment Building In Dubai by blackjack21(m): 10:52am On Feb 21, 2015
cirmuell:
I no dey o.
Na lie, you dey. Body and soul! tongue
Re: Fire At World's Tallest Apartment Building In Dubai by cirmuell(m): 10:55am On Feb 21, 2015
blackjack21:

Na lie, you dey. Body and soul! tongue
gringrin I no dey abeg.

(1) (Reply)

High Quality Stone Coated Roofing Sheet Now @ #2,900 Per Sqm Call 0813 834 26 42 / MOST AFFORDABLE DRY LAND IN SANGOTEDO AREA ROYAL FLEX ESTATE PHASE ONE / Flourish Gate Gardens, Introducing Our " Developed, Buy And Build Immediately" F

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.