Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,194 members, 7,822,030 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:45 AM

Is It Safe To Eat Boiled Cassava ? - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Is It Safe To Eat Boiled Cassava ? (2802 Views)

See The Snake My Friend Uncle Killed For Her To Eat (photos) / Can You Eat This Strange Cassava? / Share Your Experience Of Using 'fork And Knife' To Eat for the First Time. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Safe To Eat Boiled Cassava ? by omonnakoda: 8:09pm On Feb 21, 2015
Have been seeing this in the supermarket but never bought it. Can it be boiled and eaten like yam? I rmember hearing of people dying after eating cassava meal is it the same one??
Re: Is It Safe To Eat Boiled Cassava ? by Nobody: 8:19pm On Feb 21, 2015
omonnakoda:
Have been seeing this in the supermarket but never bought it. Can it be boiled and eaten like yam? I rmember hearing of people dying after eating cassava meal is it the same one??
peaple do eat it but i find it weird
Re: Is It Safe To Eat Boiled Cassava ? by achinaboy(m): 8:30pm On Feb 21, 2015
why not buy what you know already before you kill yourself
Re: Is It Safe To Eat Boiled Cassava ? by Adeoba10(m): 8:52pm On Feb 21, 2015
omonnakoda:
We av alot of varieties but d most common one in dis part of d world is white n red casava.... If u look at stem/leaf, one will be white/green, while d oda one will be red... The red can be consumed like yam, bcus, d cyanide (HCN, very dangerous n deadly substance) content is not as much wen compare to d white variety... So mostly dat white one are used in making garri n elubo, bcus during d process, d HCN wud av bn reduced..... So dos wu ate cassava n die most av mistakenly consumed d white variety.
Re: Is It Safe To Eat Boiled Cassava ? by omonnakoda: 9:05pm On Feb 21, 2015
MrKontrovErsy:

peaple do eat it but i find it weird
Well I always like to experiment with food. I know that in Ghana they boil cassava and plantain and pound it and call it foofoo grin

I want to try it using cassava alone as part of my "experiments" It is sold in the supermarkets here but I guess it is different from what is in Nigeria. Just wondering if any Nigerians have experience of it
Re: Is It Safe To Eat Boiled Cassava ? by omonnakoda: 9:10pm On Feb 21, 2015
achinaboy:
why not buy what you know already before you kill yourself
That is what their neighbours said to the Wright brothers grin grin
Re: Is It Safe To Eat Boiled Cassava ? by omonnakoda: 9:14pm On Feb 21, 2015
Re: Is It Safe To Eat Boiled Cassava ? by omonnakoda: 9:16pm On Feb 21, 2015
Did you know tht cassava is not indigenous to Africa and was brought by Europeans from South America??
Re: Is It Safe To Eat Boiled Cassava ? by fratermathy(m): 5:32pm On Oct 21, 2015
omonnakoda:
He is sooooooo dull that he doesn't even know the answer to this simple question! Well, if I were you, I'd eat uncooked cassava and mix it with sawdust so that I can quickly troll the spiritual realm. Emekpa.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Ramadan Shopping List Made Easy / Do You Eat In Public? / What Are The Health Benefits Of Bananas?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.