Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,673 members, 7,955,473 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 06:53 AM

Ladies Competing To Marry The "Financially Loaded" - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Ladies Competing To Marry The "Financially Loaded" (1358 Views)

Help!!..did I Marry The Wrong Lady? / The Financially Virtuous Woman. / Are You Always Competing To Watch Tv In Your Home Because There's Only One Tv ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ladies Competing To Marry The "Financially Loaded" by youngalex(m): 10:53pm On Feb 21, 2015
Had a discussion wit a preety female friend on the issue of marriage as she is about 30,she said if she must marry that the Guy must be financially loaded that her friends will make mockery of her if she ends up with a struggling guy,I was shocked to hear her pyschological disposition towards marriage,Ladies why the competition to marry the financial loaded guy?
Re: Ladies Competing To Marry The "Financially Loaded" by coogar: 10:57pm On Feb 21, 2015
youngalex:
Had a discussion wit a preety female friend on the issue of marriage as she is about 30,she said if she must marry that the Guy must be financially loaded that her friends will make mockery of her if she ends up with a struggling guy,I was shocked to hear her pyschological disposition towards marriage,Ladies why the competition to marry the financial loaded guy?

were you born yesterday?
so it's now that you know women aren't attracted to poverty?
Re: Ladies Competing To Marry The "Financially Loaded" by bennyrazz: 11:00pm On Feb 21, 2015
coogar:

were you born yesterday?
so it's now that you know women aren't attracted to poverty?
he's just waking up to reality
Re: Ladies Competing To Marry The "Financially Loaded" by BeeBeeOoh(m): 11:08pm On Feb 21, 2015
U don't have to be shocked, just 5years coming will decide her fate..
Re: Ladies Competing To Marry The "Financially Loaded" by delishpot: 11:13pm On Feb 21, 2015
Its nature jarey. Just as men scan for prety healthy and strong ladies to marry so as to have peace of mind that she can handle the home front, have healthy kids and keep her vajayjay for only him, so do women want to marry men who are financialy stable And have good physique It gives them peace of mind that he will be able to provide for them and any child that the union may produce. Its natural drive for survival of the species. Most girls will marry a guy that can provide the basics which are health care, food , clothing, shelter and some entertainment for the family not necesaarily a multi millionaire.
Last time I checked normal everyday guys get married every week end in naija. No be naija babes dey marry them?

3 Likes

Re: Ladies Competing To Marry The "Financially Loaded" by iykedare(m): 11:15pm On Feb 21, 2015
op,you could have asked her what she has to offer the `loaded guy`. Absolutely nothing.
Beauty......it fades with time
poussy.....Men get tired of it within a short
Brain....Most of them don't have a functional brain.

In few years time,she might come to nl to lament and seek for sympathy. Them plenty here.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ladies Competing To Marry The "Financially Loaded" by iykedare(m): 11:17pm On Feb 21, 2015
delishpot:
Its nature jarey. Just as men scan for prety healthy and strong ladies to marry so as to have peace of mind that she can handle the home front, have healthy kids and keep her vajayjay for only him, so do women want to marry men who are financialy stable And have good physique It gives them peace of mind that he will be able to provide for them and any child that the union may produce. Its natural drive for survival of the species. Most girls will marry a guy that can provide the basics which are health care, food , clothing, shelter and some entertainment for the family nit necesaarily a multi millionaire.

one of them^^^^^
Re: Ladies Competing To Marry The "Financially Loaded" by delishpot: 11:17pm On Feb 21, 2015
iykedare:

one of them^^^^^

You try. I don see you too. unano like truth. If I had supported OP and thrown insults at women I am sure you would have given me 1 like. But as I no do as una expect, you don quickly tag me one of them.

2 Likes

Re: Ladies Competing To Marry The "Financially Loaded" by iykedare(m): 11:20pm On Feb 21, 2015
delishpot:

You try. I don see you too. unano like truth. If I had suppiorted OP and thrown insults at women I am sure you would have given me 1 like. But as I no do ascuna expect, you don quickly tag me one of them.

just kidding.
Re: Ladies Competing To Marry The "Financially Loaded" by delishpot: 11:21pm On Feb 21, 2015
iykedare:

just kidding.

Ok o
Re: Ladies Competing To Marry The "Financially Loaded" by 2CatWoman: 11:23pm On Feb 21, 2015
a
Re: Ladies Competing To Marry The "Financially Loaded" by Nobody: 11:36pm On Feb 21, 2015
Societal values vary across countries and continents. In Nigeria, with a GDP per capita of ~3,005.51 USD only, it is expected that women will place wealth as one of their top criteria for marrying or even dating a man. In other words, money makes you more attractive in poor countries because the female specie want security from their mates, and money goes a long in ensuring that. So blame the state of the economy.
Blame GEJ!!! grin

2 Likes

Re: Ladies Competing To Marry The "Financially Loaded" by Ewuro4: 11:38pm On Feb 21, 2015
delishpot:

You try. I don see you too. unano like truth. If I had supported OP and thrown insults at women I am sure you would have given me 1 like. But as I no do as una expect, you don quickly tag me one of them.

No vex but it's not the truth jare.

But the expectations you explained in your initial post have zero corellation with what's being discussed here, in fact it's demeaning to say the truth.

having healthy kids, clean toto(ridiculous), and ability to demonstrate independence has nothing to do with getting a job and be able to contribute to ones family.

Marrying up financially should be the least of every Lady's priority when it comes to marriage and we should teach our kids that too.

2 Likes

Re: Ladies Competing To Marry The "Financially Loaded" by iykedare(m): 11:44pm On Feb 21, 2015
Ewuro4:

But the expectations you explained in your initial post have zero corellation with what's being discussed here, in fact it's demeaning to say the truth.

having healthy kids, clean toto(ridiculous), and ability to demonstrate independence has nothing to do with getting a job and be able to contribute to ones family.

Marrying up financially should be the least of every Lady's priority when it comes to marriage and we should teach our kids that too.

please educate her. our young women cant think properly these days. Money... money.... money.

1 Like

Re: Ladies Competing To Marry The "Financially Loaded" by OnyeEgo1(m): 11:55pm On Feb 21, 2015
I'd tell dem ladies if i end up not being the MAN i am expected to be do turn me down....

Haba op are u not tired of poverty go out n work ur ass out come give ur home the needed spark...

My 2cent to all ladies do not be sentimentally/ emotionally pushed to settle for less

2 Likes

Re: Ladies Competing To Marry The "Financially Loaded" by OnyeEgo1(m): 11:58pm On Feb 21, 2015
Ewuro4:

LIES my dear, ur daughter shud b d one marrying the brokelyns don't agitate for someone else

1 Like

Re: Ladies Competing To Marry The "Financially Loaded" by youngalex(m): 12:34am On Feb 22, 2015
OnyeEgo1:

LIES my dear, ur daughter shud b d one marrying the brokelyns don't agitate for someone else
...OnyeEgo1 dis your name na real money tinz,anyway I don't have any issue wit a lady getting married to a financially stable guy but when it becomes an obsession that without money she can't function then wahala dey cos if the money finish midway in the relationship she will go for another loaded guy...I detest the "He must be Loaded Mentality" and this mentality account for over 30 percent of unmarried older ladies cos of this misplacement of priority,Yes money is very necessary but it shouldn't be the focal point for a successful marriage
Re: Ladies Competing To Marry The "Financially Loaded" by delishpot: 1:37am On Feb 22, 2015
Ewuro4:

Who said clean toto? re read my post abeg, before you quote wetin dey ya mind and not mine. I said a lady that will keep her vajayjay for only her husband that means a faithful wife. Abi was I wrong to say men are looking for faithful women to marry? Abeg no quote wetin I no talk o.
And yes, from time immemorial, women depend on their men to provide for them. Many cultures before now do not give women any land or wealth to survive on. So they had to depend on what ever their men own or what his family had. If he was poor, it meant she will be poor too unless by chance he becomes rich. Just as we claim that its instinct for men to cheat or sleep with multiple women, and it sounds right and logical in our ears, why is it hard to accept that women are wired to select the strong and rich men in the society to mate with? We can say modern times has or should make people change ie men should forget about sowing their wild oats and have sexual relations with only 1 woman and women should forget about a mans ability to provide for her and her children and instead focus on his dream as the only reason for marriage. But hard as we may try, we both know its hard to push nature aside and do orherwise.
I know that as my post kind of supports women, 99% of men or ahould I say boys will not agree with me. If I had said yes, girls are stupid for looking at a mans purse before marrying him, or if I had said women should accept that their men need to marry as many wives as he wants, I would have had 100 likes by now.
Like I said, you people should stop all these blackmail an focus on your relationships. Every eeek we see average young men here on nairaland posting their introduction and wedding photos. getting married to cute babes even though they are not rich. So I know for a fact that this story is biased against women. Its just to lump all women as if its okay too for women to lump all men as cheats and polygamists. If a few girls have chosen not to marry unless its to dangote how does that sudenly become a general trend? The men getting married every saturday, are they marrying aliens?
Girls and I mean all girls are wired to want strong providers as sex mate Or marriage partners. They are wired that way. Just that some may take it to the extreeme and want millionaires while some will be happy with the simple necessary things of life.
Just as men are wired to marry pretty goodlooking girls. Subconciuosly so that their kids will look good. Now, the level to which he defines beauty is an individual thing just as each womans deffination of wealth Is individual opinion.
And even if a woman can work and make a living, it doesnt mean she must settle for someone who is jobles and broke. A woman has the right ro choose whom she will marry just as a man has the right to chose if he wants to marry a tall black woman or tall light skin woman.

6 Likes

Re: Ladies Competing To Marry The "Financially Loaded" by delishpot: 1:08pm On Feb 22, 2015
OnyeEgo1:

Gbam. A real man knows the value money adds to his lovely family. Why a broke guy will want to force a babe to marry him is beyound me. how many men will agree to marry an ugly girl even if she will be faithful, hardworking and a good wife and mom? Will they not be worried that their friends will mock them if they appear with that girl to a get together? Why do they not ignore society and go ahead and marry the girl?
Both genders go for some physical attraction too..and like I always say, each girl has her own defination of wealth. Some may be happy with a man who can rent a house some a room, some a self contain while some want him to own his house while some want him to own two or more. Not all girls go for "over"wealth. Many of our girls settle for normal everyday guys who have steady income. unless he does not want to be true to himself about it.
Re: Ladies Competing To Marry The "Financially Loaded" by OnyeEgo1(m): 6:12pm On Feb 22, 2015
delishpot:

Gbam. A real man knows the value money adds to his lovely family. Why a broke guy will want to force a babe to marry him is beyound me. how many men will agree to marry an ugly girl even if she will be faithful, hardworking and a good wife and mom? Will they not be worried that their friends will mock them if they appear with that girl to a get together? Why do they not ignore society and go ahead and marry the girl?
Both genders go for some physical attraction too..and like I always say, each girl has her own defination of wealth. Some may be happy with a man who can rent a house some a room, some a self contain while some want him to own his house while some want him to own two or more. Not all girls go for "over"wealth. Many of our girls settle for normal everyday guys who have steady income. unless he does not want to be true to himself about it.

I'm still looking for the ryt words to explain to some of my niggaz to put an end to the archaic tot of marrying being broke as a test of love....

Some people are not tired of poverty sha

2 Likes

Re: Ladies Competing To Marry The "Financially Loaded" by Ewuro4: 6:13pm On Feb 22, 2015
delishpot:

Who said clean toto? re read my post abeg, before you quote wetin dey ya mind and not mine. I said a lady that will keep her vajayjay for only her husband that means a faithful wife. Abi was I wrong to say men are looking for faithful women to marry? Abeg no quote wetin I no talk o.
And yes, from time immemorial, women depend on their men to provide for them. Many cultures before now do not give women any land or wealth to survive on. So they had to depend on what ever their men own or what his family had. If he was poor, it meant she will be poor too unless by chance he becomes rich. Just as we claim that its instinct for men to cheat or sleep with multiple women, and it sounds right and logical in our ears, why is it hard to accept that women are wired to select the strong and rich men in the society to mate with? We can say modern times has or should make people change ie men should forget about sowing their wild oats and have sexual relations with only 1 woman and women should forget about a mans ability to provide for her and her children and instead focus on his dream as the only reason for marriage. But hard as we may try, we both know its hard to push nature aside and do orherwise.
I know that as my post kind of supports women, 99% of men or ahould I say boys will not agree with me. If I had said yes, girls are stupid for looking at a mans purse before marrying him, or if I had said women should accept that their men need to marry as many wives as he wants, I would have had 100 likes by now.
Like I said, you people should stop all these blackmail an focus on your relationships. Every eeek we see average young men here on nairaland posting their introduction and wedding photos. getting married to cute babes even though they are not rich. So I know for a fact that this story is biased against women. Its just to lump all women as if its okay too for women to lump all men as cheats and polygamists. If a few girls have chosen not to marry unless its to dangote how does that sudenly become a general trend? The men getting married every saturday, are they marrying aliens?
Girls and I mean all girls are wired to want strong providers as sex mate Or marriage partners. They are wired that way. Just that some may take it to the extreeme and want millionaires while some will be happy with the simple necessary things of life.
Just as men are wired to marry pretty goodlooking girls. Subconciuosly so that their kids will look good. Now, the level to which he defines beauty is an individual thing just as each womans deffination of wealth Is individual opinion.
And even if a woman can work and make a living, it doesnt mean she must settle for someone who is jobles and broke. A woman has the right ro choose whom she will marry just as a man has the right to chose if he wants to marry a tall black woman or tall light skin woman.

I give up....

Re: Ladies Competing To Marry The "Financially Loaded" by Ewuro4: 6:29pm On Feb 22, 2015
OnyeEgo1:

How about the one with Potentials , aspiring one. Why at all cost a 'made one' ??
Re: Ladies Competing To Marry The "Financially Loaded" by SirShymexx: 9:58pm On Feb 22, 2015
iykedare:
op,you could have asked her what she has to offer the `loaded guy`. Absolutely nothing.
Beauty......it fades with time
poussy.....Men get tired of it within a short
Brain....Most of them don't have a functional brain.

In few years time,she might come to nl to lament and seek for sympathy. Them plenty here.

Lol. Word.

Most of them have absolutely nothing to offer, apart from the pu.ssy, yet they comfort and financial security. There's nothing wrong in financial security, but it has to be a two-way street, and you must be able to offer something back in return. They need to stick to guys on the come-up, on their level and get their hands dirty.

A lot of them sound like those naij folks I bump into on gumtree every time I try to sell something on there. I still got emails from two today. They don't have money to pay, yet they will keep lying that they have paid the money into ya paypal account. But the funds will be released as soon as you post the item to some next country (always somewhere in Nigeria) - like I don't know how paypal works. Nothing to offer, but they thrive by swindling folks - hysterical.

Anyway, this is for ya post:

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

The Story Mom And Daughter Gives Birth For Same Man Was A Ruse!(pic) / Losing Weight After Pregnancy / I Got Flowers Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.