Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,758 members, 7,824,180 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:09 AM

Please How Do I Apply This To Work Effectively? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Please How Do I Apply This To Work Effectively? (1083 Views)

My Volvo V70 Model 2000, Will Go Off If I Apply Brake On Motion. What Can I Do / My Volvo V70 Model 2000, Will Go Off If I Apply Brake On Motion. What Can I Do / Why Does My Car Swings To The Left When I Apply Brakes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please How Do I Apply This To Work Effectively? by charly24: 7:02am On Feb 22, 2015
Hello all d Gurus in the house want to buy a coolant but don't knw how to apply it am still a learner pls advice thnks Guys the car is 1999 camry pecil light thanks AGAIN.
Re: Please How Do I Apply This To Work Effectively? by Nobody: 8:14am On Feb 22, 2015
charly24:
Hello all d Gurus in the house want to buy a coolant but don't knw how to apply it am still a learner pls advice thnks Guys the car is 1999 camry pecil light thanks AGAIN.

Find toyota long life coolant. Take it to your mechanic to do it. If you don't want to take it to a mechanic, you should support the car front end on a platform, loosen the bottom plastic coverings under the bumper and locate a drain plug at the bottom side of the radiator. Open the radiator cover and open the drain plug to drain out old coolant. When all old coolant is drained, close it securely, and pour new coolant inside the top of the radiator (DO NOT MIX WITH WATER).

1 Like

Re: Please How Do I Apply This To Work Effectively? by charly24: 2:31pm On Feb 22, 2015
lomomike:

Find toyota long life coolant. Take it to your mechanic to do it. If you don't want to take it to a mechanic, you should support the car front end on a platform, loosen the bottom plastic coverings under the bumper and locate a drain plug at the bottom side of the radiator. Open the radiator cover and open the drain plug to drain out old coolant. When all old coolant is drained, close it securely, and pour new coolant inside the top of the radiator (DO NOT MIX WITH WATER).
Re: Please How Do I Apply This To Work Effectively? by ZIMDRILL(m): 2:48pm On Feb 22, 2015
charly24:

do you want to flush the system and add coolant or you just want to add coolant ?

if its adding you just top it up as normal

if its flushing and then adding coolant you must know whether your car is a self bleed or not bleeding take away air bubbles in system
Re: Please How Do I Apply This To Work Effectively? by charly24: 2:48pm On Feb 22, 2015
Pls sir does it mean since am not adding water I shud get enough coolant to fill d radiator as a subtitle for water untils it fill up? Pls advise thank u for ur response sir
Re: Please How Do I Apply This To Work Effectively? by charly24: 2:51pm On Feb 22, 2015
ZIMDRILL:

do you want to flush the system and add coolant or you just want to add coolant ?

if its adding you just top it up as normal

if its flushing and then adding coolant you must know whether your car is a self bleed or not bleeding take away air bubbles in system
Re: Please How Do I Apply This To Work Effectively? by ZIMDRILL(m): 2:56pm On Feb 22, 2015
charly24:
Pls sir does it mean since am not adding water I shud get enough coolant to fill d radiator as a subtitle for water untils it fill up? Pls advise thank u for ur response sir

no no

coolant and water ration must 50/50

so 50% water 50% coolant
Re: Please How Do I Apply This To Work Effectively? by charly24: 2:57pm On Feb 22, 2015
Sir I just want to add for now pls do I need to add it directly or just fill d coolant container close to d radiator or pure it inside d radiator as at when there is reduction of water inside the radiator to enable it go down d radiator .thank u sir for ur response.
Re: Please How Do I Apply This To Work Effectively? by ZIMDRILL(m): 3:04pm On Feb 22, 2015
charly24:
Sir I just want to add for now pls do I need to add it directly or just fill d coolant container close to d radiator or pure it inside d radiator as at when there is reduction of water inside the radiator to enable it go down d radiator .thank u sir for ur response.

just add it from the recommend point on your car, cars differ some you add directly from the radiator cap and some from the expansion tank
Re: Please How Do I Apply This To Work Effectively? by Nobody: 3:37pm On Feb 22, 2015
ZIMDRILL:

no no

coolant and water ration must 50/50

so 50% water 50% coolant

Toyota claims their radiator fluid is pre-mixed.
Re: Please How Do I Apply This To Work Effectively? by ZIMDRILL(m): 3:53pm On Feb 22, 2015
lomomike:

Toyota claims their radiator fluid is pre-mixed.

he has to tell us if he bought the pre-mixed or the concentrate

1 Like

Re: Please How Do I Apply This To Work Effectively? by sultaan(m): 5:58pm On Feb 22, 2015
Distilled water is best, you can get it for free at any window ac condenser

1 Like

Re: Please How Do I Apply This To Work Effectively? by charly24: 8:43pm On Feb 22, 2015
Thank u guys I will do exactly as u hv said by saturday wen am less busy thnks for all ur responses

(1) (Reply)

This 3-D Printed Supercar Packs 700 Hp!!! / 2003 Nissan Primera / We Supply You Tokunbo Cars From The US At No Cost. You Sell And Pay Us Back!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.