Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,371 members, 7,819,336 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:39 PM

Driver's License??? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Driver's License??? (1044 Views)

Who Has Applied For The Nigerian Driver's License On-line? / Nigerians Can Now Get Their Driver's License Online !!! / 10 Classes Of Nigeria Driver's License (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Driver's License??? by Nobody: 9:35am On Oct 08, 2015
i base in Lagos and I learnt vio have issues with the licenses road safety issue, please which driver's license do I do? vio or road safety's own? am confused. thanks
Re: Driver's License??? by Nobody: 9:49am On Oct 08, 2015
Only frsc issues dl, vio only have a spot to fill and assent to on your form. Pls don't be scammed. VIO does NOT ISSUE drriver license o
Re: Driver's License??? by Nobody: 10:22am On Oct 08, 2015
thanks but how do I get vio to do their bit?
Re: Driver's License??? by Nobody: 7:29am On Oct 09, 2015
It depends on how smart you are. When I did mine,it was the road safety ppl dat saw to that. Go to. Frsc office, get the form fill ur part and dey might ask u to go to vio office so dat the can fill theirs....in my case, I just handed over the form to the frsc officer and the money, na dem do the rest

1 Like

Re: Driver's License??? by ibro2much(m): 10:32am On Oct 09, 2015
SIMPLIFICATION OF THE STEPS TO TAKE IN GETTING DRIVERS LICENCE IN NIGERIA

FRESH APPLICANTS
for fresh applicants the government made it compulsory for applicant to pass through the driving school for the driving test before they are presented to the MVAA (motor vehicle administration agency) for applicants payment.

after the neccesary payments,the candidates are presented to the VIS (vehicle inspection services),commonly refferred to the VIO for
1. eye tests
2.written test
3.road sign test
4.driving test
if the candidate performs satisfactorily,then his form is signed and billed for capture onto the database with the FRSC(federal road safety corps),if unsatisfied with the applicant performance,he/she will be requested to come back for the exam/testing after a period of 7 days.

the FRSC handles the capturing (taking of biometrics and pictures of applicants)

WHY THE PROCESS
Just like every other government projects, like the international passport, the involvement of the FRSC in drivers license was designed to make the license uniform all over the country by creating a database and templates for the drivers license...(ordinarily,the drivers license was formally issued by the state government agency called VIO).

WHATS OBTAINABLE
due to the problem of corruption bewildering the ountry as a whole,the whole process has been ridiculed,eg
1.driving test is rarely done @ any drivers license center
2.candidates not wanting to appear physically for the biodata,and instead prefers to bribe through the process
3.permanent driving license taking months or years to get.
4.unnecessary accumulation of backlog on the part of the capturing office
etc
Re: Driver's License??? by Nobody: 12:03pm On Oct 11, 2015
thank you so much for the detailed information. I want to renew my old licence, will all these processes be followed?
Re: Driver's License??? by ibro2much(m): 7:57pm On Oct 11, 2015
happyabel:
thank you so much for the detailed information. I want to renew my old licence, will all these processes be followed?

Yes to get the geniune drivers licence

1 Like

Re: Driver's License??? by Nobody: 10:33pm On Oct 11, 2015
alright i appreciate so much

(1) (Reply)

Check Out This Amazing Photo / Help... Battery Problems / Toyota Country Hill RAV4 2004 Model For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.