Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,744 members, 7,824,143 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:29 AM

What Does The Bible Say About Marrying A Non-virgin? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Does The Bible Say About Marrying A Non-virgin? (41124 Views)

What Does The Bible Say About Tattoos / Body Piercings? / What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? / Did You Not Know The Bible Clearly States That A Non-virgin Is A Married One? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Does The Bible Say About Marrying A Non-virgin? by C2H5OH(f): 3:42am On Jan 14, 2009
Tgirl4real:

Now this
she isn't another man's wife as long as she isn't married. The only thing u will be doing wrong is being disobedient to God's word.
Then what does paul mean in 1 Corinthians 6:16 when he says,

Do you not know that he who unites himself with a prostitute is one with her in body? For it is said, "The two will become one flesh."

The two becoming one flesh was used in Genesis 2:24
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Marrying A Non-virgin? by Tgirl4real(f): 3:01pm On Jan 14, 2009
It's simply cos sex is only allowed marriage.

Pre-marital sex is a sin. Yet it doesn't mean one cannot repent and move on. It is the repentance that matters.

Are you saying that every non-virgin is married to the man that disvirgined them?

So, if your wife isn't a virgin on your wedding night, that means you have committed adultery?

Plz think for yourself.
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Marrying A Non-virgin? by pope11: 3:47pm On Jan 17, 2009
My kind of pope marries and O how I love to marry a virgin,

Somewhere in the book of Deuteronomy Moses said " if you go to war and see a virgin and love her marry her".

God uses all kinds of people to do His work in the Bible. Virgins and Non virgins. Rahab the harlot in the geneology of Jesus Christ like Virgin Mary the mother. Racheal was described in the book of Genesis as a virgin that no man has slept with. Do we have Virgins that men has slpet with?

If anyone is in Christ,he or she is a new creation. Old things are passed away; behold ,all things have become new, 2Corinthians5:17

Pre marital sex is a SIN. Virgin or no virgin, BE WISE!
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Marrying A Non-virgin? by jamace(m): 7:12pm On Jan 19, 2009
How can you always be against women like this?

Ask yourself this question - how can you prove if a man is a virgin?

Why is it you are interested in a woman virgin and not a man virgin - because a man can still lie about his virginity and go away scot free with it - please stop this your question and leave women alone.

God bless you my brother. Why is every evil ascribed to the womenfolks? So woman disvirgined herself ? Imagine one useless long dick man will puncture as many hymen as possible and when he wants to marry, he will say he is looking for a virgin. Amadioha should be striking some shameful idiots dead .sad sad shocked.
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Marrying A Non-virgin? by olabowale(m): 8:05pm On Jan 19, 2009
The disvirgined should revert int Islam. There is room for them. In the word of old Adeola Odutola Grammar School, Ijebu Ode; akiton oo kole kile. Islam does not reject anyone. You have a place in Islam.
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Marrying A Non-virgin? by mantraa: 4:21am On Jan 22, 2009
This is what the Holy Bible says about marrying a non-virgin.

http://www.thebricktestament.com/the_law/proof_of_virginity/dt22_13.html

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Very Shocking!!!
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Marrying A Non-virgin? by SeanT21(f): 5:25am On Jan 22, 2009
All U gotta worry about is marrying a "real" christian woman.The keyword is "Real"!!

If she is a "real" christian woman,She will already be a virgin!!
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Marrying A Non-virgin? by StPaul1: 3:32am On Jan 29, 2009
Did you NOT know that scripture clearly states that a non-virgin is a married one?

The Genesis of scripture illuminates the truth of God, with the marriage of Adam and Eve:

"Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh."

The keyword is cleave. There is no mention nor inference of a wedding, nor of a pastor or priest, nor of a justice of the peace.

Jesus refers to that passage in Genesis when defining marriage. In Matthew 19:6 he says,

"Have ye not read, that he which made them at the beginning made them male and female, and said,

"For this cause shall a man leave father and mother, and shall cleave to his wife: and they twain shall be one flesh? Wherefore they are no more twain, but one flesh. What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder."

But Paul really sinks the clincher in 1st Corinthians 6:16, when he also quotes that defining passage in Genesis 2:24:

"What? know ye not that he which is joined to an harlot is one body? for two, saith he, shall be one flesh."
Is a non-virgin joined, or is Paul a liar?

So why do Christians so quickly gloss over when reading thru these passages, when the conduct of both the church and our society insist that the truth is something quite opposite?

"You aren't married until the preacher says you are", they say, "and until you sign on the dotted line". And they claim it's all about a ceremony, a "covenant", and legal declaration.
So was Jesus lying that it's an act of God?
Was Paul over stating the facts when he said a harlot and her customer are joined, just as Adam was to Eve?

In the past ten years, I've asked many pastors this question. They have mostly dodged answering some way. Some have tried to analyze my reputation, some hide behind their "doctrinal statements".

One pastor who I met for coffee said, "I agree 99 percent" but could not commit because of his "official position".

After I stopped meeting them for coffee and asked for a written statement, most flatly refuse to comment. Some have completely excluded me from their fellowship for raising this issue.

Another pastor said "it must be some other joining Paul is referring to", but wouldn't say what that joining is.

Basically, these pastors fear for their jobs. Hirelings, watching over the flock.

Christians in general feel it is their right to ignore scripture, provided their pastors have made a clear statement to the contrary.

But instead, why not simply open your bible and read the words of your Master, and seek the truth for yourself?

If you insist that a non-virgin who has never been "wed" is one who merely "sinned", are you calling an act of God sin?

If you insist that this same non-virgin can then go out and have a wedding with a second man, are you blessing what is called Adultery?

I'm not going to spell it out for you, but if you feel you have good biblical evidence to the contrary, feel free to contact me. And if you can see that a non-virgin IS joined for life, I urge you to call to notice the organized religous straight jacket that so many wear.
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Marrying A Non-virgin? by Lagosboy: 3:12pm On Jan 29, 2009
How many of you girls on this thread are virgins in the first place . There are simply not a lot of virgins again except 13 yr old girls. So who would marry them if it were wrong to marry non virgins.
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Marrying A Non-virgin? by kaylonda(f): 5:37pm On Jan 30, 2009
Lagosboy:

How many of you girls on this thread are virgins in the first place . There are simply not a lot of virgins again except 13 yr old girls. So who would marry them if it were wrong to marry non virgins.
Na wah o! so if i b virgin i go tell u?who even tell u say virgins no dey, na so u go dey miss yarn
dis kind tin se, hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Marrying A Non-virgin? by kaylonda(f): 5:40pm On Jan 30, 2009
Lagosboy:

Na wah o! so if i b virgin i go tell u?who even tell u say virgins no dey, na so u go dey miss yarn
dis kind tin sef, hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Marrying A Non-virgin? by MoreAl: 8:59pm On Feb 09, 2009
St Paul:

Did you NOT know that scripture clearly states that a non-virgin is a married one?

The Genesis of scripture illuminates the truth of God, with the marriage of Adam and Eve:

"Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh."

The keyword is cleave. There is no mention nor inference of a wedding, nor of a pastor or priest, nor of a justice of the peace.

Jesus refers to that passage in Genesis when defining marriage. In Matthew 19:6 he says,

"Have ye not read, that he which made them at the beginning made them male and female, and said,

"For this cause shall a man leave father and mother, and shall cleave to his wife: and they twain shall be one flesh? Wherefore they are no more twain, but one flesh. What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder."

But Paul really sinks the clincher in 1st Corinthians 6:16, when he also quotes that defining passage in Genesis 2:24:

"What? know ye not that he which is joined to an harlot is one body? for two, saith he, shall be one flesh."
Is a non-virgin joined, or is Paul a liar?

First, let's look at the definition of the word cleave.
I've found two opposing definitions:

1. To adhere firmly and closely or loyally and unwaveringly
2. To be faithful
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Mineralogy To split or separate, especially along a natural line of division.
2. To penetrate or pass through something, such as water or air.
3. To pierce or penetrate

Now lets see which definition fits into this KJV scripture.

"For this cause shall a man leave father and mother, and shall cleave to his wife:"

1. "For this cause shall a man leave father and mother, and shall penetrate to his wife:"
2. "For this cause shall a man leave father and mother, and shall pierce to his wife:"

Neither of those sentence with the added definition make since.

3. "For this cause shall a man leave father and mother, and shall adhere firmly to his wife:"
4. "For this cause shall a man leave father and mother, and shall be faithful to his wife:"

These last two make since. These definitions adhere firmly, just a little levity, :-)

Cleave is an important part of these scriptures but there are several important parts to these scriptures.
However, staying on topic, i'll point out another important part.

"What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder."

GOD does not lie
GOD does not sin
Therefore fornication, (voluntary sexual intercourse between two unmarried persons or two persons not married to each other) does not fall under the text of "God hath joined together".
Man and Woman become Husband and Wife by GOD and none else, ie. Adam & Eve

It appears as though you believe that any male and female that have sex become married.
That's simply not true.

There are number of clear text throughout the Bible that make an absolute discernment between fornication and marriage.
If a male and female would be married upon having sex, what would be the need for GODs words against fornication ?
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Marrying A Non-virgin? by mantraa: 3:12am On Feb 10, 2009
Deuteronomy 22:20

'But if the accusation is true and no evidence of the woman's virginity is shown, the woman must be taken to the door of her fathers house and stoned to death by the men of the town.'

Can anyone attempt to justify and condone this punishment?
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Marrying A Non-virgin? by princekevo(m): 6:04am On Feb 10, 2009
mantraa:

Deuteronomy 22:20

'But if the accusation is true and no evidence of the woman's virginity is shown, the woman must be taken to the door of her fathers house and stoned to death by the men of the town.'

Can anyone attempt to justify and condone this punishment?

Those were the days when people were living under law and as such most people were slaves to those laws, Most started using the law to justify their Imorality, Read tht same passage from Vs.13:21, That is why Jesus came in the New testament and he made amendment of those laws, he said in Mathew 5:17 "Think not i have come to destroy the law, or the prophet:i am not come to distroy, but to fulfiiled",
A gud example of wht he meant by fulfilling the law is in the same Mathew 5:31,32, If u read that passage u will understand that the law of Mose permitted them to divorce their wife jst for any minor reasons as long as you can give her a written of of divorcement, But in verse 32 Jst said u can only divorce ur wife except for fornication, I think that very clear enough to us, You can not marry a wife and divorce her jst becoz u found out she is not a virgin, If that is the case Jesus would have stated it clearly to us as an exceptional reasons for divorce,
Moreso We were all unclean, but now are made the virgin bride of Christ(being born again).
Christ said in Matt.9:6 the Son of man has power on earth to forgive sins.
If the Son of man set us free himselve who is man to condemme us,
We're sanctified & made clean in Christ. But spiritually we were not virgins before the cleansing forgiveness of the blood of Christ,
Also if that were the case, then Jesus would never marry us! We're not only non virgins, but adulturous too, and He still excepts us! It's just a matter of whether or not you're both believers, and you love each other,
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Marrying A Non-virgin? by crossman9(m): 11:30pm On Feb 07, 2012
Well hymen rebirth won't work here but know this Jesus cleans us from all sin no one is pure only Christ but it better to marry a woman never known to a man
But read Isaiah 4:1 >>

New International Version (©1984)
In that day seven women will take hold of one man and say, "We will eat our own food and provide our own clothes; only let us be called by your name. Take away our disgrace!"
New Living Translation (©2007)
In that day so few men will be left that seven women will fight for each man, saying, "Let us all marry you! We will provide our own food and clothing. Only let us take your name so we won't be mocked as old maids."

English Standard Version (©2001)
And seven women shall take hold of one man in that day, saying, “We will eat our own bread and wear our own clothes, only let us be called by your name; take away our reproach.”

New American Standard Bible (©1995)
For seven women will take hold of one man in that day, saying, "We will eat our own bread and wear our own clothes, only let us be called by your name; take away our reproach!"

King James Bible (Cambridge Ed.)
And in that day seven women shall take hold of one man, saying, We will eat our own bread, and wear our own apparel: only let us be called by thy name, to take away our reproach.

GOD'S WORD® Translation (©1995)
When that day comes, seven women will grab one man and say, "We'll eat our own food and provide our own clothes. Just let us marry you for your name. Take away our disgrace."

King James 2000 Bible (©2003)
And in that day seven women shall take hold of one man, saying, We will eat our own bread, and wear our own apparel: only let us be called by your name, to take away our reproach.
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Marrying A Non-virgin? by Anyaugo1(m): 5:54pm On May 08, 2012
wahala dey owahala dey owahala dey o
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Marrying A Non-virgin? by Stvivian: 11:13pm On Jun 17, 2013
tope2000: Not really sure about what the bible says about marrying non-virgins but what i do know is that Of course u can marry a non-virgin. If you genuinely love someone, you have already committed yourself to them emotionally. Even God himself recognises that bond if you ask him to and if you have sex with a person before marriage, this is no sin if it is done purely for love. Surely as Corinthians tells us, love is the greatest gift of them all.
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Marrying A Non-virgin? by tpia5: 11:21pm On Jun 17, 2013
OBVIOUS: My two cents is that marriage and life in general is much more complicated than SEX or Virgin or Non virgins issues.

eod.

tope2000: Errrrr . . . .
It would be a bit difficult to find a virgin in this 21th century

eod.

maybe its the virgin seekers who will remain unmarried, nothing to do with christian.
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Marrying A Non-virgin? by FOLYKAZE(m): 11:38pm On Jun 17, 2013
Virgin for Nigerian churches? Till thy kingdom come, im sure you wont find one.

But according to the bible, non-virgin gals should be stone to death. Imagine all our christian gals would have been dead now.
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Marrying A Non-virgin? by segelity(m): 8:36pm On Oct 04, 2013
marriage is honorable when the bed is undefiled.whether u like it or not. Me no fit marry girl wey they don defile.Boys and girls should keep themselves till marriage #FACT
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Marrying A Non-virgin? by Franklinus: 7:14am On Jun 10, 2015
FOR Catholics in the house and any one who is interested I invite you to read and comment on my blogposts...tell me what you think...we could have meaningful conversations and learn more about our Christian and Catholic faith. I invite those still in whatever form of doubt to log in to the credoexperience..com and ask your questions..... thanks as you do so...here is my latest post http://credoexperience..com/2015/06/the-holy-mass-forepatterned.html?m=1

Also here is my reply to the Rev.Chris OKOTIE http://credoexperience..com/2013/12/chris-okotie-i-challenge-you-my-reply.html?m=1
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Marrying A Non-virgin? by namo77: 2:28pm On Jan 21, 2016
Journey through 2016 with Rhapsody of Realities in any language of your choice, Click Here --> http://amzn.to/1OyBYFg. Experience the lavished love and unending hope found only in Christ Jesus, regardless of your colour, age, personality and geographical location.

Re: What Does The Bible Say About Marrying A Non-virgin? by orisa37: 5:13pm On Jan 21, 2016
Do purification ,the two of you, before starting to do it allover again.

(1) (2) (Reply)

William Kumuyi Celebrates His 80th Birthday. Buhari Congratulates Him / Chris Okotie Celebrates His 60th Birthday Today / Lady Cheated Death During Christmas Period. (PIC)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.