Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,022 members, 7,821,560 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:03 PM

What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? (59638 Views)

What Does The Bible Say About Tattoos / Body Piercings? / What Does The Bible Say About Sex Before Marriage? / What The Bible Say About Sports! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? by SpicyMimi(f): 10:13am On Jun 17, 2013
I know too much of anything is bad, and ve also accepted that wearing of Trousers is an abomination to God.
But i really need the pastors in the house to address this issue concerning Make-ups! All i want here is the truth about it, i dont care how bitter it might sound to me...am ready to accept the truth.
Is the Bible against too much of wearing of Make-ups?
What about when the Make-up is just little and mild? Is it still a sin?
Or is it better not to wear one at all?
And 2ndly, do u think fixing of attachements is a sin too? Cause honestly i have a scanty long hair, and it usually looks unkempt when am without weavon or attachements.

Please i need answers.

2 Likes

Re: What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? by Nobody: 10:41am On Jun 17, 2013
[quote author=SpicyMimi]I know too much of anything is bad, and ve also accepted that wearing of Trousers is an abomination to God.

Can you show us in the bible where wearing of trousers is an abomination to GOD.

But i really need the pastors in the house to address this issue concerning Make-ups! All i want here is the truth about it, i dont care how bitter it might sound to me...am ready to accept the truth.

Sister, do not be like I was a few years ago, follow the leading of the Holy Spirit otherwise you will be pleasing MEN and trying to attain unto their standards.

"You were bought at a price; do not become slaves of human beings." - 1 Corinthians 7:23

Again , what's your intent.

Personally wearing makeup in moderation is perfectly fine so far as it is not done outlandishly and to lure men.

Please let GOD determine what is SIN , NOT the potential leaders of cults who will very willingly , and easily bring you into the bondage of tradition and condemnation.

And 2ndly, do u think fixing of attachments is a sin too? Cause honestly i have a scanty long hair, and it usually looks unkempt when am without weavon or attachements.

Again, do what you think is right, it's all a matter of the heart.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with it, just make sure it is not INDIAN hair sacrificed to idols grin

In summary , follow the leading of the Spirit , MEN can advice, but they have absolutely no right to tell you what to wear, how to dress etc, it's none of their business, except of course your husband , even then he can only advice and set expectations.

In my days as a deeperlifer, I was brought into the bondage of pleasing men and my faith was pure legalism not holiness. It got to a stage where wearing flowery bright or designer shirts was frowned upon and seen as worldliness. A brother once told me that a sister who wears earrings will not make heaven, what total rubbish !

Holiness is in the heart and will lead you to be moderate in all things including dress , but it is a work done in you by the spirit and will be stress free , producing no guilt or condemnation.

Do not be brought under bondage, follow JESUS.

" Since you died with Christ to the elemental spiritual forces of this world, why, as though you still belonged to the world, do you submit to its rules: 21 “Do not handle! Do not taste! Do not touch!”? 22 These rules, which have to do with things that are all destined to perish with use, are based on merely human commands and teachings. 23 Such regulations indeed have an appearance of wisdom, with their self-imposed worship, their false humility and their harsh treatment of the body, but they lack any value in restraining sensual indulgence." - Colossians 20-23

63 Likes

Re: What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? by SpicyMimi(f): 10:52am On Jun 17, 2013
Thanks a lot, i really do appreciate.

Concerning the issue of wearing Trousers, its written in the bible that a Male shall not wear a woman's cloak neither should a Female wear a Man's cloak.

Really i just want to please God, not Men....bt sometimes i feel guilty when i wear Make-ups, bt when its just little....i dont feel any guilt.

3 Likes

Re: What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? by Nobody: 10:55am On Jun 17, 2013
^^

Trouser is not a MAN's dress, do you know that MEN wore dresses in the old days called garments, gowns etc, even the Scottish today wear skirts.

As far as the trouse is not tight to be too revealing, that's fine, but this is my opinion.

4 Likes

Re: What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? by SpicyMimi(f): 11:02am On Jun 17, 2013
frosbel: ^^

Trouser is not a MAN's dress, do you know that MEN wore dresses in the old days called garments, gowns etc, even the Scottish today wear skirts.

As far as the trouse is not tight to be too revealing, that's fine, but this is my opinion.

Thanks sooooo much for ur contributions! Means alot to me.

Yes, i agree with u.
In conclusion, i guess one shouldnt wear or do things that will lure others to lust after them.
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? by alexleo(m): 12:00pm On Jun 17, 2013
SpicyMimi: Thanks a lot, i really do appreciate.

Concerning the issue of wearing Trousers, its written in the bible that a Male shall not wear a woman's cloak neither should a Female wear a Man's cloak.

Really i just want to please God, not Men....bt sometimes i feel guilty when i wear Make-ups, bt when its just little....i dont feel any guilt.

Now don't rush into conclusion with what this controversial teacher, frosbel told you. Wait for others to make contributions then you pray about it for God's guidance. Don't let him corrupt your mind. Above all things, guard your heart. That's what the bible says. The message God used in speaking to you and you prayed for salvation, he has been against it and heaping all sorts of lies against this truth. God shamed him yesterday with your salvation anD testimony. Pls be careful in accepting whatever he is telling you here. Wait till you hear from many more others. Thanks.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:48pm On Jun 17, 2013
SpicyMimi:

Yes, i agree with u.
In conclusion, i guess one shouldnt wear or do things that will lure others to lust after them.

Jesus yet had this to say to His church:

"Behold, I come quickly: hold that fast which you have, that no man take your crown"
(Revelation 3:11).

A Christian from Church of God mission which I believe is Benson Idahosa's church had a divine visitation and message to tell about women's adornment. See the thread below:

https://www.nairaland.com/1298776/nigerian-woman-died-came-back

3 Likes

Re: What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? by Nobody: 12:53pm On Jun 17, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

Jesus yet had this to say to His church:

(Revelation 3:11).

A Christian from Church of God mission which I believe is Benson Idahosa's church had a divine visitation and message to tell about women's adornment. See the thread below:

https://www.nairaland.com/1298776/nigerian-woman-died-came-back

another falsely manufactured lie from 'HELL'.

This is precisely why deeperlife and Apostolic faith churches are cults , they use the fear of HELL to threaten young and mostly gullible believers into conformance.

what has the wearing of earrings or light make-up got to do with salvation ?

Pharisaical religious fanatics, that's what you all are, and I say this out of love for your own good.

smiley

6 Likes

Re: What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? by Nobody: 12:55pm On Jun 17, 2013
alexleo:

Now don't rush into conclusion with what this controversial teacher, frosbel told you. Wait for others to make contributions then you pray about it for God's guidance. Don't let him corrupt your mind. Above all things, guard your heart. That's what the bible says. The message God used in speaking to you and you prayed for salvation, he has been against it and heaping all sorts of lies against this truth. God shamed him yesterday with your salvation anD testimony. Pls be careful in accepting whatever he is telling you here. Wait till you hear from many more others. Thanks.

Jesus is the way , the truth and the life, your cult does not stand for or represent the truth, away with it's brainwashing techniques and stranglehold on the children of GOD.

1 Like

Re: What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? by Nobody: 1:02pm On Jun 17, 2013
Pharisees teach their man-made traditions as God's eternal laws.

Though most present day "Fundamentalist" Pharisees will concede doctrinally that a person is saved and KEPT by grace, their practice indicates otherwise. Pharisees always have arbitrary standards they essentially compel others to keep before they will acknowledge a person may be saved.

To many divorce and/or remarriage is in essence an "unpardonable sin." Even if they allow a divorced Christian to be saved in their eyes, they still treat them as a lower class of believer. No divorced person ever will be able to live up to the "holy" standards of the Pharisee, nor will the Pharisees allow them any type of ministry. We have covered this matter in much detail in our book, From Marriage To Remarriage.

Some insist if a woman (or man) doesn't dress in a certain way then her salvation is in question. Some will go as far as saying she definitely is NOT saved in spite of what she professes. They self-righteously feel their standard on dress is God's standard. This legalistic attitude is manifested in many ways.

If one does not dress in a manner that is acceptable to the Pharisees "righteous standard," they will treat the poor person as if they are a little more than a leper. Some are so righteousness they will not allow an "improperly dressed" person (Christian or not) in their presence to worship the Lord. In many of their churches one can even find signs that state "Women wearing slacks or a "pantsuit" are not permitted in the sanctuary!" These Pharisees are much too holy to allow someone with such "low standards" or morals near them. They must ban them from their presence. This is one of the most blatant manifestations of hypocrisy and legalism one can imagine. Believers who will deny a fellow believer or a person seeking salvation entrance into (supposedly) God's house and God's (perceived) presence because of their arbitrary standards. It is not a question of decency but of opinion. If the hearts and secrets of some of those who insist on such outward "rules" were revealed, they would be seen for what they really are: lying, two-faced, hypocrites.

All the Bible really says about dress in the New Testament can be boiled down to one word, "modest" (1 Tim. 2:9). Every Christian should dress and behave modestly, that is in a descent manner that does not draw attention to oneself. In many instances certain slacks can be more modest than some dresses. But we understand, the issue is not modesty or simple decency, but conformation to a subjective, humanistic standard contrived by modern day Pharisees. We know about the verses they use to justify their position, but just like any Pharisee the "law" is more important than the person. Christ said, however, "The sabbath (law) was made for man, and not man for the sabbath (law)" (Mark 2:27).

The Pharisees and their wives take great pride in their "scriptural dress" and godly manner, but they are blind to the fact they often violate the simple modesty principle. How many of you have seen men and women wear clothes that were "technically correct" (long enough, high enough, etc.), but anything but modest. Bright, flashy dresses; thick, chalky makeup; big, bouncy hair, bold, obvious jewelry, etc., that are beyond the average attire of those around them or on the cutting edge of "fashion," is not modesty. Modesty does not draw attention to itself in any manner, but these people lust after attention. Hypocrites.

http://www.biblebelievers.com/Morton_legalism-liberty.html
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? by alexleo(m): 1:19pm On Jun 17, 2013
SpicyMimi:

Yes, i agree with u.

My dear pls be careful. Satan can quote bible too. Is not about somebody posting series of long posts here to convince or confuse you. When you ll stand on the judgment throne nobody will be there to defend you. Be careful dear

14 Likes

Re: What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:29pm On Jun 17, 2013
frosbel:

another falsely manufactured lie from 'HELL'.

This is precisely why deeperlife and Apostolic faith churches are cults , they use the fear of HELL to threaten young and mostly gullible believers into conformance.

what has the wearing of earrings or light make-up got to do with salvation ?

Pharisaical religious fanatics, that's what you all are, and I say this out of love for your own good.

smiley

Anybody trusting your words are doing so to their own peril.

9 Likes

Re: What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? by SpicyMimi(f): 1:31pm On Jun 17, 2013
Thanks alot guys! Christians do really have a way of making someone feel so loved! smiley

@Alex i really do appreciate the fact that, u care so much abt what i believe in.
I'd appreciate if u could also tell me what u think? Just say whatever u feel is the truth. Thanks alot. smiley

@Ola thanks sooo much as well! I will check the link out right now.

God Bless you all. smiley
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? by Nobody: 1:48pm On Jun 17, 2013
SpicyMimi: Thanks alot guys! Christians do really have a way of making someone feel so loved! smiley

@Alex i really do appreciate the fact that, u care so much abt what i believe in.
I'd appreciate if u could also tell me what u think? Just say whatever u feel is the truth. Thanks alot. smiley

Sister, I have to warn you , I suspect you are a young lady , be careful and wary of cults.

They are tools of control in the hands of satan, once they control your life, you end up like one of them.

Jesus came to give us freedom not bondage, sin is not in dress or makeup but in the heart.

In Apostolic faith I nearly lost my life because of the doctrine of not taking medicine, if it was not for the quick thinking of my uncle I should have been 6 feet under , waiting for the resurrection , because of the poison this cult fed me, also , they look down on all other churches as if they only possessed the truth , they only marry within themselves ( trait of cult ) , but most worrying is , they will turn you into one of them, hypocritical, judgemental, critical and harsh Pharisees.

In Deeperlife, Legalism was the order of the day, the emphasis is not on love and the heart but on dos and donts.

Do not be trapped by these cults, the misery and pain that comes with their baggage will come to haunt you a few years down the line. Read your bible and ask the Spirit for wisdom and guidance, do not rely on MEN.

"As for you, the anointing you received from him remains in you, and you do not need anyone to teach you. But as his anointing teaches you about all things and as that anointing is real, not counterfeit--just as it has taught you, remain in him." - 1 John 2:27

Again, dress and make-up in moderation will send no one to hell and hell is a place for the destruction of sinners at the end of time not before. Its called the second death in the lake of fire.

"It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery." - Galatians 5:1

"You were bought at a price; do not become slaves of human beings." - 1 Corinthians 7:23

11 Likes

Re: What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? by alexleo(m): 3:04pm On Jun 17, 2013
SpicyMimi: Thanks alot guys! Christians do really have a way of making someone feel so loved! smiley

Ok dear I ll give answers to you when am free later. Like I said, ignore frosbel and his series of long posts. He will not be there on the judgment day to defend you after deceiving you here. It is Jesus that saved you and he ministered to you through a message that frosbel has been condemning here. God has a way of putting false teachers to shame and your case is a classic example. Beware of frosbel and his deceits. In your OP you said you want the truth no matter how bitter it will be. Now its God who put that desire in your heart because he knows that the truth about what you asked will be bitter. The answers you ve gotten from frosbel are sweet answers that any prosti.tute will even find easy to adopt to without being saved. And you can see how he is busy pushing long posts to you and accusing churches just to convince and confuse you. Pls mark the characteristics of a deceitful man and avoid him. Nobody is talking about any church here except him, the accuser of the brethren. God bless you.

8 Likes

Re: What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? by alexleo(m): 3:11pm On Jun 17, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

Anybody trusting your words are doing so to their own peril.

You are very correct my brother. Anybody following frosbel's teaching is doing so at his own peril. We are not bothered about his series of accusations of churches. Is that not the characteristics of satan whom the bible called the accuser of the brethren. Keep up your good work Ola. You are blessed.

7 Likes

Re: What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:12pm On Jun 17, 2013

You are welcome, anytime. When you are done with the link then check out this article that addresses your concern.

Cosmetology And The Christian

"Whose adorning let it not be that outward adorning of plaiting the hair, and of wearing of gold, or of putting on of apparel; But let it be the hidden man of the heart, in that which is not corruptible, even the ornament of a meek and quiet spirit, which is in the sight of God of great price" (1 Peter 3:3,4).

It is fascinating to learn that the two Greek words translated “adorning” in the New Testament are kosmos and kosmeo, from which we get our English words “cosmos” and “cosmology,” referring to the entire universe as an ordered system, as opposed to “chaos,” a disordered system. Surprisingly, our modern word “cosmetics” also comes from the same source which, technically speaking, constitutes any kind of adornment that transforms something ugly and disordered into something beautiful and well-ordered.

The apostle Peter, however, stresses that genuine cosmetics are not used to beautify one’s outward appearance, but to transform a believer’s life by the Holy Spirit. When one’s heart and life are changed from a spiritual chaos into a purposeful cosmos through redeeming trust in Christ, the change then soon becomes apparent in the outward appearance as well. The ornament of a gentle and quiet spirit soon shows up in a peaceful and radiant countenance.

Similarly, the apostle Paul urges that Christian “women adorn themselves in modest apparel . . . not with braided hair, or gold, or pearls, or costly array; But (which becometh women professing godliness) with good works” (I Timothy 2:9,10). Thus, in addition to a quiet and gentle spirit, the true Christian cosmetology is an array of good works.

Finally, the Christian herself (or himself!) should be a beautiful cosmetic adornment to the very gospel of Christ, “that they may adorn the doctrine of God our Savior in all things” (Titus 2:10). HMM

For more . . . .
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? by Verbes001: 3:48pm On Jun 17, 2013
following.....
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? by SamConquer(m): 3:49pm On Jun 17, 2013
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? by Nobody: 3:49pm On Jun 17, 2013
God Bless you Frosbel

2 Likes

Re: What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? by sexymoma(f): 3:49pm On Jun 17, 2013
Let Stop Mis-Quoting Bible... The Bible told us not to wear what is meant for males and vice versa, In those days Jesus Usually put on gown, What the Bible is insinuating is that guys shouldn't put on what is meant for ladies such as Bra, Ladies Pant.. Me am just saying my own ni o. Though it was make up that made Leah Been Chosen o too much make up can make someone look different.
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? by kreamidiva(f): 3:51pm On Jun 17, 2013
What u see as moral is moral and what u see as immoral is immoral

1 Like

Re: What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? by Nobody: 3:53pm On Jun 17, 2013
All those concubines of king Solomon.... What were they wearing undecided
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? by Tonex(m): 3:54pm On Jun 17, 2013
In 2013, Nigerians are still arguing about a topic like this. Smh

To the op, so if you do not wear trouser or use make up and you still sin, will you not still end up in hell?

4 Likes

Re: What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? by Nobody: 3:55pm On Jun 17, 2013
SpicyMimi: I know too much of anything is bad, and ve also accepted that wearing of Trousers is an abomination to God.
And 2ndly, do u think fixing of attachements is a sin too? Cause honestly i have a scanty long hair, and it usually looks unkempt when am without weavon or attachements.

Please i need answers.

The issue of make-up and trousers is man-made. Same thing with your "attachements".
Do not let anyone lie or deceive you. A lot of things have been twisted by "man"
I doubt GOD will prevent you from entering heaven simply because you had attachements and trousers.
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? by Nobody: 3:57pm On Jun 17, 2013
all these Pastors who select the verses of the Bible they can use to tie their Congregation to them,and the Gullible ones who follow them blindly...God help you,God help us.

5“A woman shall not wear man’s clothing, nor shall a man put on a woman’s clothing; for whoever does these things is an abomination to the LORD your God.

6“If you happen to come upon a bird’s nest along the way, in any tree or on the ground, with young ones or eggs, and the mother sitting on the young or on the eggs, you shall not take the mother with the young;7you shall certainly let the mother go, but the young you may take for yourself, in order that it may be well with you and that you may prolong your days.

8“When you build a new house, you shall make a parapet for your roof, so that you will not bring bloodguilt on your house if anyone falls from it.

9“You shall not sow your vineyard with two kinds of seed, or all the produce of the seed which you have sown and the increase of the vineyard will become defiled.

10“You shall not plow with an ox and a donkey together.

11“You shall not wear a material mixed of wool and linen together.

12“You shall make yourself tassels on the four corners of your garment with which you cover yourself.

that same Chapter of the Bible where the Verse supposedly prohibiting wearing of Trousers by Ladies is where I culled the above from. Have you ever seen or heard of a Pastor preaching against planting two different kinds of Seed on one plot,or a "Died and came back" saying he or she saw People in Hell for wearing clothes of Wool and Linen?

Use the Brain that God gave you,and let the Holy Spirit guide you through your Conscience.

19 Likes

Re: What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? by Nobody: 4:00pm On Jun 17, 2013
sexymoma: Let Stop Mis-Quoting Bible... The Bible told us not to wear what is meant for males and vice versa, In those days Jesus Usually put on gown, What the Bible is insinuating is that guys shouldn't put on what is meant for ladies such as Bra, Ladies Pant.. Me am just saying my own ni o. Though it was make up that made Leah Been Chosen o too much make up can make someone look different.

Most of those things are all lies. Why is it that they all apply to the west? Our ancestors in africa used "leaves" and what have you for clothing. WHy wasn't there anything said about these. Why is everything about the bible geared towards westerners. Does GOD hate africans? The sooner we realise we have been lied to the better. THe religious books we have were written and typed by "MAN". Are we to believe there was no bias or lies typed up. THe same MAN that makes laws to suit themselves. Please, live a good life, be good to your fellow man and you shall reap the rewards and make heaven. Do not let anyone feed you lies.

3 Likes

Re: What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? by nbright: 4:04pm On Jun 17, 2013
SpicyMimi: Thanks a lot, i really do appreciate.

Concerning the issue of wearing Trousers, its written in the bible that a Male shall not wear a woman's cloak neither should a Female wear a Man's cloak

simply put, avoid wearing the cloth of a man.. You can buy your own trousers if you want. But that's the old testament.

1 Like

Re: What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? by Nobody: 4:05pm On Jun 17, 2013
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? by omokayode9258(m): 4:07pm On Jun 17, 2013
Vikin: All those concubines of king Solomon.... What were they wearing undecided
king Solomon neva had any concubine, he was a Prophet of God nd hw wil u lie such on a whole prophet. D whole chapter refern to dt in d bible is a bg lie nd combind false. May God safe us frm al dis o
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? by Nobody: 4:10pm On Jun 17, 2013
frosbel: ^^

these men are diving straight into the pit of SpicyMimi's hellfire grin
I'm sure God has more important stuff to do than fashion police.
wateva the case, there's a reason u have a conscience. If you believe in you heart that doing a particular thing is wrong, then it is wrong for you. Its not your place to judge others

2 Likes

Re: What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? by jmoore(m): 4:10pm On Jun 17, 2013
SpicyMimi: I know too much of anything is bad, and ve also accepted that wearing of Trousers is an abomination to God.

Tell me where trouser is written in the bible and I will give you 1 million naira

God does not judge by your looks therefore make-up or make-down is not a sin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Leke Adeboye Thanks Daddy Freeze Over Increase In RCCG Tithes (Photo) / Why Men Are Having Sex With Their Maids Nowadays-Bishop Charles & Caro Ighile / Nigerian Lady Who Sees And Communicates With Ghosts Often

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.