Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,846 members, 7,810,260 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:22 AM

Would You Fire an Employee Who Slept With Your Spouse? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Would You Fire an Employee Who Slept With Your Spouse? (1984 Views)

Almost Slept With Our Housegirl / My Wife Slept With Another Man, What Should I Do? / Angry Woman Places ‘smelling Vagina’ Curse On Lady Who Slept With Her Husband (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Would You Fire an Employee Who Slept With Your Spouse? by Nobody: 10:53am On Feb 22, 2015
I am seeing a movie (Forbidden woman) where an employee slept with his boss's wife.

Though he got fired for his troubles the boss thought it appropriate to 'reward' him with money.

So I thought to myself if I could be that generous if someone who works for me did that.

If you were in this boss's shoes, would you fire an employee who slept with your wife or husband?

Let's say the employee happens to be your colleague in the office...would you be able to work with such person when there is a need to work as a team?
Re: Would You Fire an Employee Who Slept With Your Spouse? by BeeBeeOoh(m): 10:55am On Feb 22, 2015
Faya is an understatement, "I Go Roast Am..

4 Likes

Re: Would You Fire an Employee Who Slept With Your Spouse? by yinkus4u2c(f): 10:59am On Feb 22, 2015
why wld i hesitate?

1 Like

Re: Would You Fire an Employee Who Slept With Your Spouse? by braine(m): 11:01am On Feb 22, 2015
No. I'll fire the spouse and make the employee my office bitchh till he willfully resigns.
Re: Would You Fire an Employee Who Slept With Your Spouse? by Tallesty1(m): 11:17am On Feb 22, 2015
I will fire him and give him my wife as bonus. The two can continue from where they stopped.

4 Likes

Re: Would You Fire an Employee Who Slept With Your Spouse? by Nobody: 3:53pm On Feb 22, 2015
If he's a crucial part of operations, make him train someone else till that person has the required skill(s). If they still chooking get proof, and. Fire wife and employee unceremoniously. wink. Why should I lose a skilled worker and jeopardise cash inflow because of a slutty wife? angry

2 Likes

Re: Would You Fire an Employee Who Slept With Your Spouse? by Nobody: 3:57pm On Feb 22, 2015
Timbuktou:
If he's a crucial part of operations, make him train someone else till that person has the required skill(s). If they still chooking get proof, and. Fire wife and employee unceremoniously. wink. Why should I lose a skilled worker and jeopardise cash inflow because of a slutty wife? angry

Sounds very reasonable but then is it possible to think rationally in such situation? I think it would be very difficult.

2 Likes

Re: Would You Fire an Employee Who Slept With Your Spouse? by 1miccza: 5:00pm On Feb 22, 2015
I'll simply fire both of them and get a new spouse..
Re: Would You Fire an Employee Who Slept With Your Spouse? by Karleb(m): 5:10pm On Feb 22, 2015
Fire ke? undecided

I'll simply kill the motherfûcker and decide about what to do with my ex-wife after I've killed the mothefůcker. undecided
Re: Would You Fire an Employee Who Slept With Your Spouse? by Nobody: 5:42pm On Feb 22, 2015
striktlymi:

Sounds very reasonable but then is it possible to think rationally in such situation? I think it would be very difficult.
Difficult for who? Women have been collecting side diccks since the days of Adam. MOB is not an idle concept homie. It's a fact of life. When you realise that you have more value with money than without, it'll become easier. Who's to say employee and wife aren't scheming to kick your arze outta the same business you toiled to build? Once you begin to suspect, investigations and corrective measures must be put in place. Otherwise, OYO is your name.
Re: Would You Fire an Employee Who Slept With Your Spouse? by Nobody: 5:53pm On Feb 22, 2015
braine:
No. I'll fire the spouse and make the employee my office bitchh till he willfully resigns.

grin

You are bad.
Re: Would You Fire an Employee Who Slept With Your Spouse? by elantraceey(f): 6:59pm On Feb 22, 2015
Will the employee still have the mind to stay in my company ? ?
Re: Would You Fire an Employee Who Slept With Your Spouse? by elantraceey(f): 7:00pm On Feb 22, 2015
Will the employee still have the mind to stay in my company ?
Re: Would You Fire an Employee Who Slept With Your Spouse? by Alezy(m): 7:06pm On Feb 22, 2015
elantraceey:
Will the employee still have the mind to stay in my company ?
abi o
Re: Would You Fire an Employee Who Slept With Your Spouse? by braine(m): 7:32pm On Feb 22, 2015
carefreewannabe:

grin

You are bad.
Not really. I think thats quite subtle, being a gentle man.
Re: Would You Fire an Employee Who Slept With Your Spouse? by Nobody: 7:35pm On Feb 22, 2015
braine:
Not really. I think thats quite subtle, being a gentle man.

Very gentle. wink
Re: Would You Fire an Employee Who Slept With Your Spouse? by Nobody: 9:56pm On Feb 22, 2015
See silly question o

No, na promotion with large bonus I go give am.
Re: Would You Fire an Employee Who Slept With Your Spouse? by misfab(f): 10:56am On Feb 23, 2015
why not.fire d spouse? undecided
Re: Would You Fire an Employee Who Slept With Your Spouse? by malonephill(m): 3:20pm On Feb 23, 2015
Why would I? rather divorce my spouse
Re: Would You Fire an Employee Who Slept With Your Spouse? by sisisioge: 3:50pm On Feb 23, 2015
Yoruba people would say...Tenant who sleeps with Landlord's wife or whose wife landlord sleeps with will end up forfeiting his tenancy. So employee don find another work be that.
Re: Would You Fire an Employee Who Slept With Your Spouse? by veave(f): 9:35pm On Feb 23, 2015
No. She will fire herself.
Re: Would You Fire an Employee Who Slept With Your Spouse? by tobechi20(m): 11:16pm On Feb 23, 2015
I will hire his wife and sex her
Re: Would You Fire an Employee Who Slept With Your Spouse? by chikk(f): 9:25pm On Apr 10, 2015
striktlymi:
I am seeing a movie (Forbidden woman) where an employee slept with his boss's wife.

Though he got fired for his troubles the boss thought it appropriate to 'reward' him with money.

So I thought to myself if I could be that generous if someone who works for me did that.

If you were in this boss's shoes, would you fire an employee who slept with your wife or husband?

Let's say the employee happens to be your colleague in the office...would you be able to work with such person when there is a need to work as a team?

I do agree with Timboktou to some extent but not entirely.

As much as we try, we're all humans and its almost impossible to keep business and personal life/issues apart. No matter how crucial the employee's job is, the boss' job is more and it'll be almost impossible for him to do his job with such 'air' around him. So it's either the boss leaves or the employee does.

Secondly, the fact that the woman chose to stoop low to cheat on her spouse is more humiliating and insulting than the disrespectful act of an employee sleeping with the boss' spouse. So I blame the spouse here and not the employee.

I think the boss blames the spouse as well, thus the compensation.

1 Like

Re: Would You Fire an Employee Who Slept With Your Spouse? by 5minsmadness: 11:31pm On Apr 10, 2015
I have a real life situation for you.

So this woman hired a clabar maid to take care of the house and kids. The maid turned out to be practically heaven-sent, she was good with the kids, cooked dishes that were out of this world and cleaned the house so well that the woman herself was amazed that the place could look so clean. She washed and ironed the clothes and was really hardworking. She brought smiles and happiness to the family. husband was happy, woman was happy, kids were happy, the whole family was happy that this calabar girl had come to live with them.

Fastforward a few months later, madam came home to see calabar girl vomiting. she had begun to skirt her duties and complained of always being tired. By and by it was found out that Oga had been so impressed he had 'rewarded her' with a gift that takes nine months to mature.

The whole house scattered that night and by morning calabar girl left the house of her own accord before the family woke up. she went home and had an abortion. And went back to being her father's daughter.

Back in ogwashi-uku, the family left behind was MISERABLE. They had grown so used to calabar girl they couldn't do much without her. Not that they couldn't carry out the chores, not that madam couldnt do the work and assign to the older kids to do the rest, but the family genuinely missed the calabar girl.

So madam did something amazing. She had a long talk with her husband then sought the calabar girl and invited her back to the house.

So the employee slept with her spouse, was fired and then rehired for being so damn good at the job grin
This is a true story angry

i dunno what the moral of the story is. I'm too damn high to figure it out.
Re: Would You Fire an Employee Who Slept With Your Spouse? by chikk(f): 3:46pm On Apr 11, 2015
^^^ I'm not sure what the moral of this ur story is either, but I do know that its a bit similar to the OP's. In this case, the man prolly took the fall as we don't know what the 'talk' was about between him and his wife. Ekaete obviously has her life back.

The boss in the OP's story was unprofessional to have fired an employee for some personal reasons. That unprofessional act, I believe warranted the compensation. But then, you can't blame the man for putting his family before any job or money he's making out there. He is the boss.

(1) (Reply)

What Is The Best Way To Handle A Child That Steals? / I Lost My Blood Brother, Pls Pray For Me / House Clearance Sales In Abeokuta

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.