Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,079 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:40 AM

Acer Laptop Reliability - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Acer Laptop Reliability (2356 Views)

Reliability Of Zitc Information Technology Coy / Software`s Modular Structure Extensively Increases Reliability Because All Compo / Help! My Acer Laptop Dvd Drive Works No More. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Acer Laptop Reliability by obua: 6:59pm On Aug 28, 2006
I am being offered a high spec acer laptop and I am a bit worried about their reliability.
Is there anyone out there who has used them before or is currently using them.
Re: Acer Laptop Reliability by Shagari2(m): 10:27pm On Aug 28, 2006
I use an acer aspire 3610, have been for about a yr, no problems so far, had a few problems when I put McFee on it, than changed over to Norton and its been ok since.
Re: Acer Laptop Reliability by robby1(m): 11:38pm On Jan 09, 2007
my only problem with acer is that the case is not strong compared to other laptops. If you plan to always move it about (which is ofcourse why its a laptop) then you have to be extrememly careful cause the plastic body can break easily. i used one before and before 8 months, the casing around the screen had broken and i couldnt open it properly. if you are looking for a strong durable laptop, u can go for IBM, dell or sony. toshiba and HP can also be considered. I use a toshiba
Re: Acer Laptop Reliability by nazzyon(m): 11:48pm On Jan 09, 2007
All the manufacturers products are always good but they may have some draw backs. But most times it depends on the user, how He/she handles the laptop. And how knowledgeable the user is about the Device his using.

You can go for the Acer but here in Nigeria Most people believe Dell is the Best when you talk of PC's.
Re: Acer Laptop Reliability by Adet5(m): 10:59pm On Jun 30, 2017
I need a dead acer to fix my own, I mistaken pull out the flex that connects keyboard and that of mouse and the plastic hook mistake break so i am in need of another one to avoid using external keyboard and mouse
Re: Acer Laptop Reliability by bighead1(m): 12:39pm On Jul 03, 2017
robby1:
my only problem with acer is that the case is not strong compared to other laptops. If you plan to always move it about (which is ofcourse why its a laptop) then you have to be extrememly careful cause the plastic body can break easily. i used one before and before 8 months, the casing around the screen had broken and i couldnt open it properly. if you are looking for a strong durable laptop, u can go for IBM, dell or sony. toshiba and HP can also be considered. I use a toshiba

That is a pure lie, depends on your usage. I have used Dell, Toshiba, HP, Compaq and Acer.

So far so good, only ACER stood the test of time, affordable, compact light enough.

Toshiba has neck problem.

HP is over priced

Dell String too, but the second hand value is not ascertained.

Acer, cheap, strong, compact, better second hand value if you wanna sell.
Re: Acer Laptop Reliability by Adet5(m): 2:38pm On Jul 03, 2017
I have an acer system which the keypad and mouse track can only be fixed if i get dead one, and if you are interested in buying the system/swap pls contact me on zero 8 zero 778549 zero zero

(1) (Reply)

How Do I Make The Best Use Of My New Laptop? / Mr Oyb Why Do You Delete My Post All The Time? / Dstv Hack, Nokia Codes, Coversion Of 1gb To 2gb N More

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.