Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,515 members, 7,819,857 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:46 AM

I'm A Man - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / I'm A Man (484 Views)

I'm A Bad Kisser.. Should I Take My Doctor's Advice? / I'm A Nigerian Not A Terrorist. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I'm A Man by faradexs09(m): 11:18am On Feb 22, 2015
I'm a man who have seen the pain in love, hurts by the boils of nature, nourished to be strong and built not to complain, I'm made to last as long as my formed body and inner strength could take me, but I felt struck by the pains that burn through my flesh, conquered by the emotions I've sworn not to feel, oh no!, I'm not made to be weak, weakness reside in the vessel made of softer skins, it resides in the eyes prying with emotions, can't cry because I was taught never to, as real men won't, but this pain overwhelms me, I felt the loss of time, I could feel the rage of emotions burst from my being, waters of hope drain along my vessel, this torment of mine I must hold.
After few years of never ending sojourn, I've learnt crying doesn't make me weak, I cry for what I miss the most, the lost souls I wish could be held, the losses I wish it was a win, the heart that escapes my soul, the cuts that time cannot heal. A show of emotions helps me process my fear,the weakness in me,help me to be strong.
I'm a man even though I walk and fall on this sand of time, I shall rise again to win back my glory, to defeat my weakness, I shall show my strength in the face of fears, and with love will I carry out my actions, till the end of time even as my breadth escapes me, a man will not chicken out because thats who I am,even when hopes are bleak and the mouth couldnt muster, but to pray, the man in me shall survive.

Source : excerpt from my diary, ''after crying all night for losing what matter most''

1 Like

Re: I'm A Man by fuckshit: 12:17pm On Feb 22, 2015
fücking lovely write-up grin grin
Re: I'm A Man by faradexs09(m): 2:46pm On Feb 22, 2015
Cul

(1) (Reply)

Writerstab Offer For Writers / A Message To My People / 7 Ways To Make Money Using Nothing More Than Your List

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.