Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,497 members, 7,954,902 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 12:07 PM

Fifty Shades Of Grey BANNED In Nigeria: My Opinion - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Fifty Shades Of Grey BANNED In Nigeria: My Opinion (1002 Views)

See What Was Found In Lagos Cinema After 50 Shades Of Grey Movie ..lol / Fifty Shades Of Grey Banned In Nigeria Cinemas Due To Sexual Content / A Letter To My Children About Fifty Shades Of Grey (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fifty Shades Of Grey BANNED In Nigeria: My Opinion by Abosi31(m): 10:28pm On Feb 22, 2015
My first reaction to  this story was an oh really? in Mr. Ibu's voice. Really?

Fifty Shades of Grey film has been banned from showing in Nigerian cinemas. My problem with this is that the movie aired for one week, one full week before it was finally banned by the Nigerian Film and Video Censors Board (NFVCB). It showed from Feb 14 and was just banned on Feb 20th.The ban was loooong overdue.

Okay,  the jerk is that I myself have watched the movie twice. We all know it was one of the most expected movies of 2015. I have also read the book twice: E.L James is a brilliant writer. The movie replays exactly what the book depicts; every caress, kiss and moan. It obviously is because of its explicit sexual content that the movie has been banned. It took countries like Kenya, UAE, Cambodia and Papua New Guinea less than four days to ban it,  but NFVCB waited a whole week before following suit. That is my problem.

Trust me,  everyone in Nigeria who has been following the build-up to the movie, has watched it several times over, as soon as it premiered, like myself. So what's the need of banning it? It's like a big open secret,  an ostrich burying it's head in the ground and thinking it's body is hidden. 

Half of a Yellow Sun movie was banned from screening in Nigeria before copies even arrived Lagos. They said it was because we did not want to reopen old wounds from the  past (in my own words). Although the movie was finally screened, it was after it has been edited and re-edited and edited again. When I finally saw the NFVCB edited version, it was tasteless because it lacked the best parts in the book, the parts we all wanted to see on screen.

Why did the Censors Board move so swiftly to ban Half of a Yellow Sun,  but stalled in the case of Fifty Shades of Grey? Really, why evils?

P.S. Just in case you missed the Fifty Shades of Grey movie because you were too busy with Valentine, contact UNIPORT or FUTO boys. I'm sure they have the soft copy already.

Culled from http://escapedmydiary..com

Re: Fifty Shades Of Grey BANNED In Nigeria: My Opinion by izuch(m): 10:48pm On Feb 22, 2015
Any ideas where I can download the movie? grin
Re: Fifty Shades Of Grey BANNED In Nigeria: My Opinion by izuch(m): 10:49pm On Feb 22, 2015
Any idea where I can download the movie? grin
Re: Fifty Shades Of Grey BANNED In Nigeria: My Opinion by Nobody: 10:57pm On Feb 22, 2015
torrent on kat.ph or just youtube it
Re: Fifty Shades Of Grey BANNED In Nigeria: My Opinion by Abosi31(m): 11:10pm On Feb 22, 2015
Lol, I find the book more interesting. Imagination is better.
Re: Fifty Shades Of Grey BANNED In Nigeria: My Opinion by Nobody: 11:35pm On Feb 22, 2015
Cos of its sexual content,,it suggested a bit of sadomasochism I guess,, but f**k that,, worse films have aired,, I love the movie a lot,, buh I haven't read the book, I will soon enough...
Re: Fifty Shades Of Grey BANNED In Nigeria: My Opinion by Abosi31(m): 6:38am On Feb 23, 2015
Me I'm just happy I saw the movie twice before it got offline lol.
The pdf file is on waptrick.com just search for it.
Re: Fifty Shades Of Grey BANNED In Nigeria: My Opinion by Abosi31(m): 7:16am On Feb 23, 2015
YNeme3E:
Cos of its sexual content,,it suggested a bit of sadomasochism I guess,, but f**k that,, worse films have aired,, I love the movie a lot,, buh I haven't read the book, I will soon enough...

The link to download the book is on the blog now. Sheyy una no see am?

(1) (Reply)

Bad News For Game Of Thrones Fans- Jon Snow Confirmed Dead By HBO Boss / Funke Akindele's Double In Hollywood / #BBNaija: Nigerians Hate Tboss Because She's Light Skinned -Tboss' Lil Sister

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.