Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,080 members, 7,957,028 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 05:09 AM

Should Choir Members Be Paid ? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Should Choir Members Be Paid ? (771 Views)

Ex-Mad Woman Becomes Choir Mistress After 35 Years Of Insanity (photo) / Pastor Making Love To 2 Church Members As Choir Sings / Choir Members Hindering Church Growth (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should Choir Members Be Paid ? by osile2012: 10:59pm On Feb 22, 2015
[size=15pt]I know some churches pay choir members to lead praise and worship, but i am wondering if it is right. So of the choir members are not paid they go on strike? Are people supposed to be paid to worship GOD ? Is the praise and worship song from the heart or just part of a job description for someone who has a good voice.?

I know members can have needs, and the church should have welfare to take care of that. But i dont think paying them to sing is right.

What do u think ?
[/size]
Re: Should Choir Members Be Paid ? by Cutehector(m): 11:01pm On Feb 22, 2015
I tell u solemnly, they hav received their reward here on earth! Money can't be compared to God's blessings
Re: Should Choir Members Be Paid ? by zyzxx(m): 11:07pm On Feb 22, 2015
Dat nonsense den
Get paid for what?
Well maybe wen they become full time workers in d church
Re: Should Choir Members Be Paid ? by StealthyMe(m): 12:17am On Feb 23, 2015
If any church decides to pay its choir members,i can't be against that...
But should you be paid to worship God?
Re: Should Choir Members Be Paid ? by vooks: 4:54am On Feb 23, 2015
There ar no clear rules here, but basically, if choir members are required to invest so much of their time in practice and meeting such that they may not afford to engage in any gainful employment, then they should be paid.

To a regular church goer, a choir member is somebody who sings for a few minutes during a meeting. But there is more; there is many man hours spent in practicing and meetings which vary from church to church

(1) (Reply)

Buy Your Dangote Cement Now / The Blood Transfusion / SERMON Jotters:the Importance Of The Ressurection

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.