Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,811 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:07 AM

My Ordeal In The Hands Of Our So-called Financial Institution(ecobank) - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / My Ordeal In The Hands Of Our So-called Financial Institution(ecobank) (2152 Views)

Heritage Bank, BBNaija & Wasteful Ways Of A 'Sinking' Financial Institution / Ecobank May Shut Down 70 Branches Nationwide / UNIZIK Student Ptotests Against Ecobank As ATM Debits Her Without Dispensing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Ordeal In The Hands Of Our So-called Financial Institution(ecobank) by abimbawealth(f): 10:38am On Feb 23, 2015
Good day fellow Nairalanders, I've been dying in silence for 3months now from the stress and problem posed to me by my bank(Ecobank), but now, i feel it's time i voice out. My ordeal started on the 6th of November, 2014. I withdrew #13,000 from their branch at New Court Road, Ibadan which wasn't successful, but unknown to me has been deducted from my account. Unfortunately, i didn't discover this until 3weeks later, but on discovery, i lodged a complaint in one of their branches in Lokoja(that's where i was at that time), i filled a form, nothing happened. Weeks later, i got to Ibadan and i went to their branch at Challenge, filled a form there toi, nothing happened, weeks later, i decided to go to the branch it occured, on the 17th of Dec, 2014, i went to their branch at New Court Road, filled another form, then went home, since that time it's been different faces i see whenever i go there and upto this moment, my money hasn't been refunded.
At this point, i don't know what else to do, but definitely not forgetting it. Our financial institutions are supposed to be life savers and not cooperate thieves.
Advices will be treated with utmost regards.

N.B: Please, forgive my long write-up and errors. Thanks family
Re: My Ordeal In The Hands Of Our So-called Financial Institution(ecobank) by ibkgab001: 10:43am On Feb 23, 2015
The only language they understand in bank is S...H.....O.....T......T........I......N.....G
Re: My Ordeal In The Hands Of Our So-called Financial Institution(ecobank) by blank(f): 2:10pm On Feb 23, 2015
abimbawealth:
Good day fellow Nairalanders, I've been dying in silence for 3months now from the stress and problem posed to me by my bank(Ecobank), but now, i feel it's time i voice out. My ordeal started on the 6th of November, 2014. I withdrew #13,000 from their branch at New Court Road, Ibadan which wasn't successful, but unknown to me has been deducted from my account. Unfortunately, i didn't discover this until 3weeks later, but on discovery, i lodged a complaint in one of their branches in Lokoja(that's where i was at that time), i filled a form, nothing happened. Weeks later, i got to Ibadan and i went to their branch at Challenge, filled a form there toi, nothing happened, weeks later, i decided to go to the branch it occured, on the 17th of Dec, 2014, i went to their branch at New Court Road, filled another form, then went home, since that time it's been different faces i see whenever i go there and upto this moment, my money hasn't been refunded.
At this point, i don't know what else to do, but definitely not forgetting it. Our financial institutions are supposed to be life savers and not cooperate thieves.

That is what Ecobank is known for. Zero integrity, zero processes.

1 Like

Re: My Ordeal In The Hands Of Our So-called Financial Institution(ecobank) by abimbawealth(f): 10:12pm On Mar 06, 2015
Thanks all...Wish there was something else I can do, still at it, hoping for a positive result next week...Thanks fam
Re: My Ordeal In The Hands Of Our So-called Financial Institution(ecobank) by abimbawealth(f): 10:48pm On Mar 13, 2015
It has been reversed ooo, 4months and a week

Thanks y'all

2 Likes

Re: My Ordeal In The Hands Of Our So-called Financial Institution(ecobank) by toniro(m): 10:55pm On Mar 16, 2015
Hi. This is comin late though n glad u hav received it. Sometimes dispense error takes a little longer cos d bank itself want to be sure that rilly the atm did not pay d person. These r technical issues I shld say. I dnt work at ecobank anyway so cant say wht their challenge was in dealing ur dispense error. Its also possible that the staff u filled d form wit r irresponsible u knw n as such did not report d case! Anyway good its been resolved. CCheers

1 Like

Re: My Ordeal In The Hands Of Our So-called Financial Institution(ecobank) by abimbawealth(f): 11:58am On Mar 17, 2015
toniro:
Hi. This is comin late though n glad u hav received it. Sometimes dispense error takes a little longer cos d bank itself want to be sure that rilly the atm did not pay d person. These r technical issues I shld say. I dnt work at ecobank anyway so cant say wht their challenge was in dealing ur dispense error. Its also possible that the staff u filled d form wit r irresponsible u knw n as such did not report d case! Anyway good its been resolved. CCheers

Their attitude to things like this can be really annoying at times...if things were to be in proper places, I t shouldn't have taken them this long(over 4months), think about it.
Thanks for the concern tho, I appreciate

2 Likes

Re: My Ordeal In The Hands Of Our So-called Financial Institution(ecobank) by bidexolumanish(m): 2:19am On Mar 18, 2015
abimbawealth?,and u no fit dazh em bank 13k
Re: My Ordeal In The Hands Of Our So-called Financial Institution(ecobank) by abimbawealth(f): 9:57am On Mar 18, 2015
bidexolumanish:
abimbawealth?,and u no fit dazh em bank 13k

Dash gini? Make em sef add join d 13k

3 Likes

Re: My Ordeal In The Hands Of Our So-called Financial Institution(ecobank) by toniro(m): 3:24pm On Mar 18, 2015
[quote author=abimbawealth post=31737740]

Dash gini? Make em sef add join d 13k

I luv u jare. Atleast d moni suppose yield interest
hw is ur day going
Re: My Ordeal In The Hands Of Our So-called Financial Institution(ecobank) by abimbawealth(f): 3:43pm On Mar 18, 2015
[quote author=toniro post=31748013][/quote]

The funniest thing is no interest o, Ecobank stingy die...smh for dem

Day is going well, thanks...urs?
Re: My Ordeal In The Hands Of Our So-called Financial Institution(ecobank) by toniro(m): 5:43pm On Mar 18, 2015
[quote author=abimbawealth post=31748625]

The funniest thing is no interest

Day is going well, thanks...urs?

same here. Rounding up for the dayyyyy
thks

1 Like

Re: My Ordeal In The Hands Of Our So-called Financial Institution(ecobank) by ademoladeji(m): 2:50pm On May 12, 2015
abimbawealth:

Just 13k?
#smh
Re: My Ordeal In The Hands Of Our So-called Financial Institution(ecobank) by abimbawealth(f): 3:48pm On May 12, 2015
ademoladeji:
Just 13k? #smh
No be fight o...just pay the "just13k" into my acct NOW!!!

1 Like

Re: My Ordeal In The Hands Of Our So-called Financial Institution(ecobank) by rummmy: 4:15pm On May 18, 2015
It will be reversed,did it hapen with anothe bank ATM?if yes then go feel another form,make a litle noise and insist u will not leave there until u get a +ve result..thou thy will sproul their database to reconfirm with the date it occured..ur money is simply hangin
ademoladeji:

Just 13k?
#smh
Re: My Ordeal In The Hands Of Our So-called Financial Institution(ecobank) by abimbawealth(f): 4:35pm On May 18, 2015
rummmy:
It will be reversed,did it hapen with anothe bank ATM?if yes then go feel another form,make a litle noise and insist u will not leave there until u get a +ve result..thou thy will sproul their database to reconfirm with the date it occured..ur money is simply hangin
It has bin reversed...thanks

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

10 Best Whatsapp Tv's In Nigeria With The Highest Views / What Is The Average Monthly Income Of A Nigerian Middle Class Citizen? / Tissue Paper Manufacturing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.