Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,101 members, 7,825,483 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 03:44 PM

Five Beautiful Lies Told By Nigeria Pastors - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Five Beautiful Lies Told By Nigeria Pastors (770 Views)

7 Types Of Lies People Tell / What's The Worst Lie Someone Has Ever Told You? / Beautiful Lies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Five Beautiful Lies Told By Nigeria Pastors by Nobody: 1:38pm On Feb 23, 2015
Kinda be a long time i have posted on nairaland, i been don they do research on things wey u go wan like to hear. They are mainly on religion and of course romance but i guess i should kick it off with religion. grin
So it be as h be, as i just dey look somethings and meditate in the Spirit over popular lies pastor do tell the following below is brought to my notice.

1. Hallelujah befall the wall of Jericho: i don look my Bible tire i no see where hallelujah befall the wall of Jericho wetyn me i see be say "the people give a loud shout and the wall fall flat"... can you see the beautiful lie in there?

2. God choose Sunday as a day of worship: Sunday is the first day of the week and no where in the scripture is it written that God hallowed the First day of the week but instead we read "God hallowed the seventh day and blesses it" this makes it lie no 2

3. Tribulation after rapture: them talk say after rapture i.e after Christ have come the tribulation go them come. I see no scripture to justify this deceptive lie but instead i read in the scripture "Immediately after the tribulation the Son of Man shall come"

4. Restitution: this lie have led many to great misfortune e.g one person wey cheat for WAEC go return hm certificate because of restitution. What i see in the Bible is reconciliation and not restitution as a matter of fact here is what the Spirit says through Paul when giving advice to the brethren He says "Let the thieves no longer steal but let him work to earn his own living" and not "let the thieve no longer steal but let him return all that he has stolen"

5. Pastors are the few chosen:[/b]I read in the open heavens where E.A Adeboye says "many are called and few are chosen" justifying the many to be the church and the few the pastors but i say with full authority he is wrong. The many is the whole world which Jesus refers to in another parable as field while the few are the Christians i.e the brethren- all that believes Jesus is Lord of heaven and the earth.

Lies are told for one purpose to fool others and thus making them inferior keeping them under bondage and making them obedient to your destructive teachings. A friend of mine said "99% Truth plus 1% Lie equals 100% lie."
Its time the church recognize who they are and allow the ever loving prophecy our Lord Jesus Christ made in the presence of the Jews when He said "you shall know the Truth [b]and the truth shall set you free
"

1 Like

Re: Five Beautiful Lies Told By Nigeria Pastors by BeeBeeOoh(m): 1:42pm On Feb 23, 2015
Oga op, OYO.. My hand no dey am oh..
Re: Five Beautiful Lies Told By Nigeria Pastors by alberto2k(m): 1:43pm On Feb 23, 2015
This land is not for sale

Beware of my pastor
Re: Five Beautiful Lies Told By Nigeria Pastors by Omexonomy: 1:59pm On Feb 23, 2015
@op because you do not understand certain things does not make it a lie. Well sha i seriourly pity you for jumping to such conclusion. It is well.
Re: Five Beautiful Lies Told By Nigeria Pastors by Vision4God: 2:21pm On Feb 23, 2015
B watchful & mindful of wat u say bout men of God
Re: Five Beautiful Lies Told By Nigeria Pastors by Nobody: 2:52pm On Feb 23, 2015
Vision4God:
B watchful & mindful of wat u say bout men of God
if i may ask which God are we talking about here?
Re: Five Beautiful Lies Told By Nigeria Pastors by Nobody: 2:53pm On Feb 23, 2015
Omexonomy:
@op because you do not understand certain things does not make it a lie. Well sha i seriourly pity you for jumping to such conclusion. It is well.
When a fool argue he is asking for beating says the Lord
Re: Five Beautiful Lies Told By Nigeria Pastors by Omexonomy: 4:06pm On Feb 23, 2015
starlingleanets:
When a fool argue he is asking for beating says the Lord
where that one day for bible?
Re: Five Beautiful Lies Told By Nigeria Pastors by Nobody: 11:38am On Feb 24, 2015
Omexonomy:
where that one day for bible?
Proverbs 18:6

(1) (Reply)

ALERT!!! Ascon Filling Station Lekki Phase1 On Fire.. / Is Anybody Thinking About This? / Tambuwal Pledges Not To Betray Sokoto People’s Trust

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.