Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,237 members, 7,825,919 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 06:26 AM

My Top Six Tips In Choosing The Right Caterer - Events - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / My Top Six Tips In Choosing The Right Caterer (645 Views)

Nigerian Event Vendors: 6 Tips On How To Choose The Right Caterer For Your Event / Need A Caterer For Your Events? / Things To Consider When Choosing An Event Venue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My Top Six Tips In Choosing The Right Caterer by omegdeluxe(f): 3:24pm On Feb 23, 2015
Hello Lovelies , choosing the right caterer for your event is one of the best decisions one can make to ensure the success of the event.

These are my top six (6) tips to use and consider when choosing a caterer for your weddings, birthdays and other events.

Recommendation

Get recommendation from family and friends, people they have used in the past, names they have come across, and so on. This saves you time in research and also narrows the list down abit for you.

Budget

Have a budget before going to see the caterers and discuss based on your budget. Make sure the caterer understands your budget and your needs and is willing to work with it.

Tasting

This is the most interesting part. hehehe. arrange for tasting of the food. You don't want to wait for the day of the event to know the taste of the food from your guests facial expression. Too much of a risk if you ask me. I hope more caterers in Nigeria start being open to clients arranging for tasting.

References

Get references from the caterer for people she has worked for and hear what they have to say about her. She might give you arrangee numbers if you know what I mean, but still sha ask, because some won't even have anyone they are confident for you to call.

Contract

Discuss extensively with your caterer and let her know what is expected from her and what shes offering and what she's not. Is she going to come with servers? How many plates is she serving? I the high table menu different from the general menu? and things like taht. Ask all the questions you can think of, so you don't get any surprises on that day.

Professionalism

This should be number two(2) behind tasting. Make sure the caterer you are choosing is professional. During negotiations, press her buttons, get under her skin and watch her reaction. You do not want someone who can;t handle pressure and gets into a shouting contest with your guests during the event.

Additional tip, Google the caterer! You never can tell what additional information you can come across online. http://omegdeluxeinteriors..com/2015/02/omegs-top-six-6-tips-in-choosing-right.html

Share the experiences you have had with caterers. i would like to hear them.

Have other tips and advice? Share lets learn

Visit my interior decoration and events blog http://omegdeluxeinteriors..com

Visit my interior decoration and events blog

(1) (Reply)

Event Mgt & Decoration, Cake & Sugar Craft Training In Abuja / Nigerian High Commissioner To The Gambia Held A Thanksgiving Service (photos) / Happy Republic Day Images 2016 Animated,videos Download

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.