Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,480 members, 7,819,750 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:17 PM

Fuel Consumption - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Fuel Consumption (2654 Views)

Fuel Consumption Ratio; Six Plugs Vs Four Plugs / Photos: How To Calculate Fuel Consumption / Car Aircondition (AC) And Fuel Consumption (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fuel Consumption by masetunde: 11:07pm On Feb 23, 2015
My toyota privia consumes fuel I jst discovered nt too long ago my fuel don't last een for a short journey pls what can I do.

1 Like

Re: Fuel Consumption by menix(m): 11:21pm On Feb 23, 2015
Sell it!!

Same way my Pathfinder dealt wiv mii..
Re: Fuel Consumption by AutosBay(m): 7:46am On Feb 24, 2015
Would suggest you try using premium unleaded fuel, and try checking your O2 Sensors.
Re: Fuel Consumption by Nobody: 8:42am On Feb 24, 2015
masetunde:
My toyota privia consumes fuel I jst discovered nt too long ago my fuel don't last een for a short journey pls what can I do.

Every vehicle consumes fuel, their engines need fuel to run. Why do you think they have fuel tanks?

You need to be clear with your query, otherwise no one can help you. For starters:

What's the engine size of your Previa?
What year is your Previa?
Is your Previa automatic or manual?
How many miles / kilometres do you get from a full tank, or xx litres?

2 Likes

Re: Fuel Consumption by Nobody: 8:46am On Feb 24, 2015
AutosBay:
Would suggest you try using premium unleaded fuel, and try checking your O2 Sensors.

What fuel is he currently using?

Out of interest, would your advice apply if the thread starter's Toyota Previa was powered by a diesel engine?

#JustWondering.

2 Likes

Re: Fuel Consumption by lonelydora: 9:56am On Feb 24, 2015
Siena:

Every vehicle consumes fuel, their engines need fuel to run. Why do you think they have fuel tanks?

Lol
Re: Fuel Consumption by masetunde: 11:06am On Feb 24, 2015
My toyota privia is auto and when I input the 02 censor I noticed overheating and its uses fuel nt diesel.
Re: Fuel Consumption by Nobody: 1:56pm On Feb 24, 2015
masetunde:
My toyota privia is auto and when I input the 02 censor I noticed overheating and its uses fuel nt diesel.

An O2 sensor has nothing to do with your van overheating, there's something else wrong.

As for saying your van uses fuel, not diesel, what do you think diesel is? Anything that can be burnt to produce heat and energy is FUEL.

4 Likes

Re: Fuel Consumption by nervorum: 3:19pm On Feb 24, 2015
Siena:

You need to be clear with your query, otherwise no one can help you. For starters:

What's the engine size of your Previa?
What year is your Previa?
Is your Previa automatic or manual?
How many miles / kilometres do you get from a full tank, or xx litres?

Hi Siena,

Mine is a 96 honda accord LX

Engine is 2.2L petrol, auto transmission.

suppose to do 28mpg (intercity), which roughly translates to 11.2 km/L
presently get exactly 40km on 10L

My tires are 185/65/15, according to manufacturer spec

Following a mechanics advice, had the plugs changed and all, still no improvement

No CEL/MIL on dashboard, though, i took it for scanning and it generated p0117 and p0118 fault codes.

Would that be enough to cause that significantly high fuel consumption sir?
Re: Fuel Consumption by nervorum: 3:24pm On Feb 24, 2015
menix:
Sell it!!

Same way my Pathfinder dealt wiv mii..

Did you sell it.
What would the new buyer do then?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fuel Consumption by menix(m): 3:46pm On Feb 24, 2015
nervorum:

Did you sell it.
What would the new buyer do then?

yeah i did..
Stress aint part of mii...
so d new owner can get it sorted, sold my Altima also, i had dis crazy issue wiv sensor.
We ve got diff. configuration, 4 mii stress aint part of mii..
Re: Fuel Consumption by nurey(m): 4:09pm On Feb 24, 2015
menix:

yeah i did..
Stress aint part of mii...
so d new owner can get it sorted, sold my Altima also, i had dis crazy issue wiv sensor.
We ve got diff. configuration, 4 mii stress aint part of mii..

If your current car is also giving you stress I am willing to pay 1 naira for it so I can put up with the stress for you grin
Re: Fuel Consumption by menix(m): 4:18pm On Feb 24, 2015
nurey:

If your current car is also giving you stress I am willing to pay 1 naira for it so I can put up with the stress for you grin

was about laughing wen i discovered ur joke was dry...
Re: Fuel Consumption by nurey(m): 6:10pm On Feb 24, 2015
menix:

was about laughing wen i discovered ur joke was dry...

Poir petrol so it can be wet
Re: Fuel Consumption by ZIMDRILL(m): 11:47pm On Feb 24, 2015
nervorum:

Hi Siena,

Mine is a 96 honda accord LX

Engine is 2.2L petrol, auto transmission.

suppose to do 28mpg (intercity), which roughly translates to 11.2 km/L
presently get exactly 40km on 10L

My tires are 185/65/15, according to manufacturer spec

Following a mechanics advice, had the plugs changed and all, still no improvement

No CEL/MIL on dashboard, though, i took it for scanning and it generated p0117 and p0118 fault codes.

Would that be enough to cause that significantly high fuel consumption sir?

engine running cold no wonder poor mpg

http://www.obd-codes.com/p0117

http://www.obd-codes.com/p0118
Re: Fuel Consumption by masetunde: 2:02pm On Feb 25, 2015
Can plugs be the cause I discover some times the plug dose shoots bt silently du u advice I change dem or what bt one of my oxygen sensor cable is dangling I believed its nt plugged.
Re: Fuel Consumption by Nobody: 4:11pm On Feb 25, 2015
masetunde:
Can plugs be the cause I discover some times the plug dose shoots bt silently du u advice I change dem or what bt one of my oxygen sensor cable is dangling I believed its nt plugged.

Brother, I didn't understand what you posted here.

1 Like

Re: Fuel Consumption by depair: 12:52am On Feb 26, 2015
pls can fuel finishg in my car on motion trigger the CEL to come on. i notice i ran out of fuel n d engine stop bought fuel n start n d CEL came on.
Toyota Camry 2000
Re: Fuel Consumption by bisi16(m): 10:35am On Feb 27, 2015
Siena:

Brother, I didn't understand what you posted here.
Kai! I wonder if this person passed through pry schl at all. #punctuations naa haba!
Re: Fuel Consumption by nervorum: 12:31pm On Feb 27, 2015
ZIMDRILL:

engine running cold no wonder poor mpg

http://www.obd-codes.com/p0117

http://www.obd-codes.com/p0118

I have procured a thermostat.temp gauge now works fine. But there stl is no notable change in fuel economy.any suggestions. I also noticed the cat converter also removed
Re: Fuel Consumption by TRYGO(m): 8:07pm On Feb 28, 2015
Hi. There re alot of things that could cause that fuel consumption you are experiencing. Some of which are:
1. clogged air filter sys. This causes a distortion in the fuel/air ratio, causing the ECU(brain box) to cmmand a rich mixture
2. excessively worn spark plugs
3. failed eng coolant temp sensor. Use a scan tool to test the sensor; its wiring circuit also.
4. take a look at your driving conditions before dis problem started. Aggresive driving styles has alot f impacts on fuel usage rate.
NB: Do not change parts unnecessarily, until all the items above have being tested of their circuits, etc, the ECT sensor.
Tell me how it went with you.
Re: Fuel Consumption by Ngutor(m): 3:57pm On Mar 01, 2015
I drive a 2005 Honda Accord I4 and am not a bit impressed with MPG. A journey of 300km sets me back by at least 40ltrs. Weda I do 140kmh or 100kmh, Ac or no Ac. My friends 2004 Honda Accord does less than 30ltrs over same distance and drive conditions. I maintain factory recommended tyres and pressure, recommended engine oil, changed oxygen sensor, air filter, spark plugs, maintain right coolant. I dont know what else to do again o. Although I get P0420 on and off. It might come on in one drive cycle and go off in another, might not come up again for 3 days or more and then pop up and refuse to go till I clear it with a scan tool
Re: Fuel Consumption by ZIMDRILL(m): 10:43pm On Mar 01, 2015
nervorum:

I have procured a thermostat.temp gauge now works fine. But there stl is no notable change in fuel economy.any suggestions. I also noticed the cat converter also removed

did you clear the codes ? after changing the parts
Re: Fuel Consumption by nervorum: 10:51pm On Mar 01, 2015
ZIMDRILL:

did you clear the codes ? after changing the parts

Will ascertain that within d week. Intend to take d car 4 scannimg again

(1) (Reply)

Remove Thermostat From New Car / Wonderful: Germany Has Launched The Transparent Car [photos] / Wow!! Most Beautiful Car In The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.