Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,572 members, 7,816,406 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:44 AM

Is It Good To Be Afraid Of Failure? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Is It Good To Be Afraid Of Failure? (869 Views)

Poll: Are You Afraid of Failure?

Yes: 50% (2 votes)
MayBe: 50% (2 votes)
No: 0% (0 votes)
This poll has ended

Will You Be Afraid Of Sleeping Alone In A Big House? / MOTIVATION: Overcoming Fear Of Failure: Facing Fears And Moving Forward / Definition Of Failure (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Good To Be Afraid Of Failure? by tayoast(m): 5:01pm On Jan 08, 2009
There is a saying that: "Whatever cannot kill U will only make u stronger.

Its apparent that Failure cannot kill but makes stronger. This reminds me of my days in the University. I used to be the nonchalant type, not as if i keep bad friends but it just didn't occur 2 me what it meant 2 be in school.
I remember my uncle telling me to finish with 2:1 or at least 2:2, but i never understood what he meant.

I continued this attitude of mine and at the end of the 1st semester, the performance was very bad(as in many carry overs). So after subsequent exams, all i ever prayed for was not to fail (not to av a good result).

This sequence continued until i almost got withdrawn from the university. But when it occurred to me that I was  plying a wasteful route, i got enlightened.

Positives of "Failure"
I enrolled for a professional course in 2008. one of my lecturers shared with me, His ordeal in the hands of failure. He was in the final stage of the professional course, writing 4 papers. the system used to be fail one, fail all. For Him, He  never made d 4 papers at once not until the 9th attempt (meaning he has been "failing"wink.
Today, he is practicing the course and when he is teaching, he doesn't need any lecture material. All he needs is a guide. no thanks to "Failure"

Which brings us back to the question, Is It good 2 Be Afraid of Failure?
Re: Is It Good To Be Afraid Of Failure? by iice(f): 5:25pm On Jan 08, 2009
More like don't be afraid of failure.
Re: Is It Good To Be Afraid Of Failure? by Encomium(m): 5:51pm On Jan 08, 2009
No, it is not good to be afraid of failure cos one thing with it, is that it sharpens a man's effort to work harder as well as adopt more enhanced method of success.
Re: Is It Good To Be Afraid Of Failure? by chosen206: 4:08pm On Jan 10, 2009
Hello, my comment to this topic is that it is not good to be afraid of failure.
to me it a steping stone towards greathness,Becouse all things are difficult-
before they are easy, so i pray that GOD will remove every atom of fear.
Re: Is It Good To Be Afraid Of Failure? by oyinda3(f): 1:47am On May 09, 2010
yes because if you're afraid of failure, you will try to avoid it cool

it also depends on your outlook on life. ie looking at the glass half-empty vs half- full.
because failure will affect a pessimistic person more negatively than an optimistic person.
Re: Is It Good To Be Afraid Of Failure? by tayoast(m): 1:57am On May 09, 2010
oyinda.:

yes because if you're afraid of failure, you will try to avoid it

it also depends on your outlook on life. ie looking at the glass half-empty vs half- full.
because failure will affect a pessimistic person more negatively than an optimistic person.

10x 4 ur contribution.
well detailed
Re: Is It Good To Be Afraid Of Failure? by tayoast(m): 11:46pm On May 12, 2010
oyinda, did u c wat just happened?
Re: Is It Good To Be Afraid Of Failure? by oyinda3(f): 4:43am On May 13, 2010
oh wow. yea i see it.
i wholeheartedly apologize for derailing ur thread embarassed
Re: Is It Good To Be Afraid Of Failure? by tayoast(m): 7:11am On May 13, 2010
^^nobody deleted any posts.
Activites dated as far back as sunday r gone. . .no thanks 2 server crash
Re: Is It Good To Be Afraid Of Failure? by oyinda3(f): 8:39am On May 13, 2010
lol i just saw that on the front page now. i see
Re: Is It Good To Be Afraid Of Failure? by elderly: 3:29am On May 17, 2010
Actually you dont have to be afraid of failing but you need to be prepared as not to fail.

Do you believe some ppl are motivated by stories of failure and are determined to succeed where others have failed ?
Re: Is It Good To Be Afraid Of Failure? by OyedepoJohn: 11:34pm On May 17, 2010
You don't have to fear failure. In fact, if you're only a failure if you accept it.
Re: Is It Good To Be Afraid Of Failure? by Dyt(f): 11:40pm On Jun 03, 2010
Nnnnnnnnnn

(1) (Reply)

The New Trick Of 419 And Fraudsters, Pls Beware / Primavera Filling Station Sangotedo Sells Adulterated Fuel / Is Dis Possible

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.