Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,846 members, 7,820,947 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:32 AM

Bullets And Blood... - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Bullets And Blood... (1098 Views)

Blood For Blood:a Tale Of Treachery / Bloodline.......part Two[Blood And Diamonds] / Wole Soyinka: "InterInventions", My New Book Will Draw Blood (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bullets And Blood... by pfijacobs(m): 8:16am On Feb 24, 2015
Helllo good morning every 1, I've been a silent and ardent follower of this section.. I decided not to write here again, but this short story is about the perils of the common man by the violence of elections here in our own country...
This story is partly real, partly fictional as I experienced it first hand in ajegunle...
God bless u as u read...
Re: Bullets And Blood... by pfijacobs(m): 8:52am On Feb 24, 2015
'Ojuelegba'
'Ojuelegba'
'Ewole pelu change eh o'
'Elo ni?'
'Wa so ni'
As I entered the shabby looking bus, I retrospected on the. Past few months of my life..It was the 30th of december 2014... Due to the cumbersome activities on the schedule of a medical student, holidays we're as scarce as orignal honey.. We barely had enough time to our selves talk more of going home.. The festive spirit filled the air.. In no time, the bus got to its destination and I boarded the next available bus to ajegunle...although the journey was smooth, I couldn't help but drift away in serious thought.. The incoming year should be a good year.. I would graduate, start making some real cash and. Enjoy life at least.. But a more shocking and daunting realisation came to mind.. It was the year of the most competitive and exhilirating elections ever be conducted..
Fine, I wasn't a TV person but I knew that the retired General had won the oppositon primaries against the incumbent.. I knew it would be stiff, highly competitve and overtly violent... But most importantly I imediately foresaw the violent eruptions that would mostlikely shred my hood apart...
I sighed at the thought... Ajegunle... Land of my birth.. Notorious in violence, fearful in illiteracy.. Doing wonders since the days of old..
*gbosa*
*gbosa*
Gunshots rent the air... I immediately sprung up to reality...
*gbosa*
*gbosa*
The tires screeched as the driver descended on the brakes.. I blinked and by miraculous rapture, all d passengers had dissappeared...
I quickly disembarked clutching my back pack and colored polybag..
I dashed under the vehicle and remained stiff...
After some mins, I heard voices...
'XYZ'
'Na we'
'XYZ!!!'
'Na we for the people'
I hissed... It was obvious that the gunshots we're friendly fires by political thugs 'indicating' their presence to ward off d opposition...
I quickly got out of my supine position dusted my yellow T-shirt and headed towards the crowd....

1 Like

Re: Bullets And Blood... by pfijacobs(m): 8:55am On Feb 24, 2015
Pls.. I need comments, criticsm and commendation nah... Its my first time being here o...
Re: Bullets And Blood... by Jessevictor(m): 10:56am On Feb 24, 2015
I have got your back,nothing dey happen.keep it going
Re: Bullets And Blood... by pfijacobs(m): 11:07am On Feb 26, 2015
Jessevictor:
I have got your back,nothing dey happen.keep it going
thanks boss
Re: Bullets And Blood... by Dekatron(m): 9:56pm On Feb 28, 2015
Baba jacobu, NOTHING DOES YOU. FOLLOWING BUMPER TO FENDER
Re: Bullets And Blood... by pfijacobs(m): 3:54pm On Mar 09, 2015
I'm back
Re: Bullets And Blood... by Nobody: 11:40am On Apr 14, 2015
pfijacobs:
I'm back
good u are, waitin to read more of ur stories btw u ar doing a nice job. Keep it up.

(1) (Reply)

Tutankhamun's Legacy / Boredom Made Me Do It (part 5). / ONLY FOR LOVE "Episode 16" Written By @saint_haywhy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.