Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,639 members, 7,820,240 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:01 PM

Nairalanders Please Beware Of Robbers Disguised As Taxi Drivers - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Nairalanders Please Beware Of Robbers Disguised As Taxi Drivers (712 Views)

Man Who Disguised As A Woman In Ghana Caught. Photos / Police Alert Lagos Residents Of Robbers' New Tricks / Lagos Warns Residents On New Tactics Of Robbers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nairalanders Please Beware Of Robbers Disguised As Taxi Drivers by Samneer: 1:41pm On Feb 24, 2015
Moderators, pls I do not know if this is the right section, if not, pls kindly move to the right section.

It all happened this morning around Bodija-UI road. I was waiting for a cab at the bus stop, I was there waiting for more than 30 minutes with no cab forthcoming.

I finally stopped a cab going to my desination point. They were five in the cab with the driver, two males and 3 females. The driver asked me to come sit in front. I entered hoping that the lady beside me would shift and adjust herself; but she only shifted her back and asked me to enter. I sat but uncomfortably with my bag clenched in my hands. I looked at the driver and he told me to bring my back so as for me to sit properly. I refused, and he started the car with my legs still outside. The car was moving and he collected my bag. I couldn't see clearly cos my spectacle in the process fell off. But, I noticed he passed my bag to a lady at the back seat.

I shouted at the driver, trying to form Bruce lee, I asked him to give me back my bag, he said my bag is with me. This moment I could see my bag in my hands. Weird! Those guys were fast. He told me to drop, that VIO guys are in front. They they would stop for me in front so as to enter back.

I was about dropping, when I asked him to stop, I did sort of commanded him though. He stopped. I started searching my bag. I noticed the money inside my bag its all gone, with the phone Infinix Zero phone I just bought.

He already started the car, and was about moving, when I shakingly landed a blow on him. I asked him to give me my money and phone. They were all laughing. He said if I don't drop from his car, he will see to that I'm beaten to death. I was like 'WAOH'.

I refused knowing fully well that the money they stole isn't mine. I started shouting to get people's attention. People were moving towards us, when he rushingly pushed me out of the car. I wasn't wounded though, but I wasn't myself for two minutes.

I didn't stopped there, I took a bike to follow suit, but all was futile.

Nairalanders, please beware and be careful before entering a cab. Don't give your bag to anyone of asked to do so, and if uncomfortable drop from the cab.
They are many out there, please be careful and don't fall a victim.
Re: Nairalanders Please Beware Of Robbers Disguised As Taxi Drivers by alberto2k(m): 1:45pm On Feb 24, 2015
No be today bro

You're quite lucky

Atleast u no enter ONE CHANCE undecided
Re: Nairalanders Please Beware Of Robbers Disguised As Taxi Drivers by ellguapo: 1:51pm On Feb 24, 2015
Are you an immigrant angry
Re: Nairalanders Please Beware Of Robbers Disguised As Taxi Drivers by nas4q(m): 2:43pm On Feb 24, 2015
Heyyya. That's naija for u. All forms of crimes are being invented everyday
Re: Nairalanders Please Beware Of Robbers Disguised As Taxi Drivers by Samneer: 2:44pm On Feb 24, 2015
ellguapo:
Are you an immigrant angry
kind of, i am not nigeria-born. But i have been living in nig 3/4 of my life
Re: Nairalanders Please Beware Of Robbers Disguised As Taxi Drivers by ellguapo: 2:54pm On Feb 24, 2015
Samneer:

kind of, i am not nigeria-born. But i have been living in nig 3/4 of my life

3/4 angry well done
Re: Nairalanders Please Beware Of Robbers Disguised As Taxi Drivers by Samneer: 3:04pm On Feb 24, 2015
nas4q:
Heyyya. That's naija for u. All forms of crimes are being invented everyday
so bad i nearly cried

(1) (Reply)

Tanker Crushes Naval Officer To Death In Lagos / Nanny Who Abducts Lagos Children Arrested - Punch / Lady Electrocuted By Power Bank. Warning: Graphic Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.