Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,732 members, 7,809,806 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:16 PM

Police Alert Lagos Residents Of Robbers' New Tricks - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Police Alert Lagos Residents Of Robbers' New Tricks (23129 Views)

Photos Of Robbers Arrested By Bauchi Police & Weapons Recovered / Don’t Collect Wrapped Gifts From Strangers This Christmas – Police Alert Nigeria / 10 New Tricks Kidnappers Use To Lure Victims-the Punch (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Police Alert Lagos Residents Of Robbers' New Tricks by Omooba77: 6:29am On Jul 04, 2016
The Lagos State Police Command has alerted residents on the new antics of criminals, particularly at night, before carrying out their nefarious activities.
The command’s spokesperson, SP Dolapo Badmos, issued the alert in an interview on Sunday in Lagos, against the backdrop of recent robbery attacks on residents.
She said the criminals, in an attempt to rob or kidnap their victims, now engaged in switching off running power generating sets or turned on tap water, to lure them out.
Badmos, therefore, advised residents not to come out at night, if they noticed that taps within their compounds were opened or when their generators suddenly stopped working.
“Residents should be careful when they discover that their generators stop working or notice water gushing out from their taps, at night.
“They should watch carefully before going out. If they notice strange movements, they should call the nearest police station.
“This is why residents are advised to know the telephone numbers of the Divisional Police Officers (DPOs) or station phone numbers close to them,’’ she said.
Speaking to some residents in Ikorodu, Egbeda, Iyana-Ipaja, Agbado Oke-Odo and Ikeja areas of the state, they shared their experiences of how criminals used the tricks to attack their homes.
Mr Tunji Ajayi, a victim and resident of Agbado/Oke-Odo LCDA, who narrated his experience, said the criminals made away with his generator set, after switching it off.
“When they could not gain access into my house, they became frustrated, they then decided to take away my generator.
“I left my generator on at night as usual, but at about 2 a.m, the generator suddenly went off.
“I took my time to observe what must have happened through the window before stepping out, but suddenly, I heard footsteps, so I decided to stay back.
“When the criminals realised that I was not coming out immediately, they decided to take away my generator,’’ he said.
Another victim, Mrs Adenike Okubanjo, a resident of Egbeda area, said she left her generator on with the intention of putting it off at about 10 p.m, but slept off.
“I later woke up at midnight after the generator had gone off, although I knew there was enough fuel to last till the morning.
“Even at that, I decided not to go out until morning, but only to be woken by a neighbor and informed that some armed robbers came into the compound.
“The neighbour told me how the robbers followed him into his house when he came out to check his generator, after it suddenly went off,’’ she said.
A resident of Iyana-Ipaja, who simply identified himself as Michael, also disclosed how he almost fell victim to the criminals’ tricks, but God saved him.
“Usually, I put on my generator set from 7.30 p.m to 11 p.m. on daily basis. I guess, these suspected criminals had been watching me.
“On this particular day, I was about going to put it off, when I heard footsteps.
“I decided to stay back, after which, the hoodlums started threatening me to open the door, but I refused and started to scream and they fled,’’ he said.
For Mr Pius Bamidele, a school teacher in Ikorodu, he said the criminals, after taking some of his valuables, also beat him up for not having enough cash on him.
Bamidele said the hoodlums gained entrance into his home after opening the tap in his compound.
“When I heard water coming out of the tap at about 1.30a.m, I wondered who could be fetching water and would have left the tap open at that time of the day.
“As soon as I came out, one the robbers pointed a gun at me and walked me into my apartment, where they made away with some of my property,’’ he added.

http://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2016/07/03/police-alert-lagos-residents-of-robbers-new-tricks/

2 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Police Alert Lagos Residents Of Robbers' New Tricks by Wizzyblack3(m): 6:30am On Jul 04, 2016
Food is what ppl are stealing this days. We don't even know who the real thieves are, ppl are fvckin hungry. A nice way to start a new week with FTC.

8 Likes

Re: Police Alert Lagos Residents Of Robbers' New Tricks by Omooba77: 6:40am On Jul 04, 2016
You just need to watch and pray...Crime is on the increase,especially kidnapping
Re: Police Alert Lagos Residents Of Robbers' New Tricks by Nobody: 7:00am On Jul 04, 2016
Good info. The Police phone numbers still need to be more circulated, and I only hope the Police will respond so fast when people call............. BTW, Sp Dolapo Badmos, you are Pretty ma' !!

1 Like

Re: Police Alert Lagos Residents Of Robbers' New Tricks by CzarRex: 7:39am On Jul 04, 2016
But why would anybody leave a generator on throughout the night?

Na only u heat dey disturb

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Police Alert Lagos Residents Of Robbers' New Tricks by EmmaOgbu(m): 7:39am On Jul 04, 2016
That is good. But I hope you people will respond as fast as possible in case of emergency?

2 Likes

Re: Police Alert Lagos Residents Of Robbers' New Tricks by korel9: 7:40am On Jul 04, 2016
Wait, who's dat babe? grin

To fine na by force? grin

I won't mind having her personal phone number incase of emergencies grin

Meanwhile Buhari why? undecided

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Police Alert Lagos Residents Of Robbers' New Tricks by Nobody: 7:41am On Jul 04, 2016
And i call that criminology rebranded... shocked shocked

Think Nigerians, think new INVENTION.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Alert Lagos Residents Of Robbers' New Tricks by xreal: 7:41am On Jul 04, 2016
Don't tell me to call Nigerian Police if I suspect anything.

this female officer, I can commit a crime just to meet with her, somebody tell me her station.

2 Likes

Re: Police Alert Lagos Residents Of Robbers' New Tricks by deife(m): 7:42am On Jul 04, 2016
I still wonder how we got to this state. A state where graduates who are even fortunate to get employed earn meagre salaries and minimum wage still #18k if I'm still right when a dollar is above #300. I do not subscribe to theft but truth is our leaders have failed us. We have also failed ourselves in one area or the other by letting society make us think we can't be upright. I know in my heart that God still has good intentions for us cos my Bible tells me so.(Jer. 29:11); but we need to humble ourselves and go back to God. only then will Nigeria become great again and the citizens live in plenitude.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Alert Lagos Residents Of Robbers' New Tricks by MARKone(m): 7:43am On Jul 04, 2016
Wetin we do for this country sef undecided Fashola no give light, u hustle get money buy fuel at exorbitant price, u on generator for night, omila go off am, police tell us make we no come out check how and why our only source of light take off, Isoriat. Nigerians and Darkness be like

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3921890_3921165drigjpegee5fb9f6d800765a8af6543aa_jpegccbe7ba69c48ce64975a1bd670fa93a4

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Police Alert Lagos Residents Of Robbers' New Tricks by Okijajuju1(m): 7:43am On Jul 04, 2016
Allow us bare arms jor..

The police can't seem to protect us anymore.

1 Like

Re: Police Alert Lagos Residents Of Robbers' New Tricks by BetterChurch: 7:44am On Jul 04, 2016
Singing HU protects especially in these times
Re: Police Alert Lagos Residents Of Robbers' New Tricks by Nobody: 7:44am On Jul 04, 2016
Ok
Re: Police Alert Lagos Residents Of Robbers' New Tricks by AntiWailer: 7:45am On Jul 04, 2016
Lol.

Remote Generator is the way pending the time this people sort out power.
Re: Police Alert Lagos Residents Of Robbers' New Tricks by rawtouch: 7:47am On Jul 04, 2016
police
Re: Police Alert Lagos Residents Of Robbers' New Tricks by tete7000(m): 7:47am On Jul 04, 2016
People should create inner valves for their taps to enable them lock from inside.

2 Likes

Re: Police Alert Lagos Residents Of Robbers' New Tricks by Nobody: 7:47am On Jul 04, 2016
Eya
Re: Police Alert Lagos Residents Of Robbers' New Tricks by okangisaiah(f): 7:48am On Jul 04, 2016
Madam ooooooooo most you paint on uniform? That's not the ethics of the job.

1 Like

Re: Police Alert Lagos Residents Of Robbers' New Tricks by eluquenson(m): 7:48am On Jul 04, 2016
Ok
Re: Police Alert Lagos Residents Of Robbers' New Tricks by Nobody: 7:48am On Jul 04, 2016
This police woman beauty fit make arm robber give him life to Christ
Re: Police Alert Lagos Residents Of Robbers' New Tricks by xreal: 7:48am On Jul 04, 2016
BetterChurch:
Singing HU protects especially in these times

singing hu ke?
Re: Police Alert Lagos Residents Of Robbers' New Tricks by maureeoy: 7:49am On Jul 04, 2016
God help us
Re: Police Alert Lagos Residents Of Robbers' New Tricks by kiddoiLL(m): 7:50am On Jul 04, 2016
am i wrong to see certain criminal acts as geniuses??
Re: Police Alert Lagos Residents Of Robbers' New Tricks by Wolex143: 7:50am On Jul 04, 2016
May God save us from ds increament of robbers. And those police are also not reliable, they are the one that u will call by 2a.m to cum nd help u nd be4 u'll see them 5a.m will clock.

1 Like

Re: Police Alert Lagos Residents Of Robbers' New Tricks by TOPCRUISE(m): 7:50am On Jul 04, 2016
Its a pity that the lagos state police command still avoid the issue of one chance robbery in commercial vehicles. Its like they dont think it exist

1 Like

Re: Police Alert Lagos Residents Of Robbers' New Tricks by DeZoro(m): 7:51am On Jul 04, 2016
Crime is at it peak because there is hunger in the land. Buhari decided to put everybody into pains. Nigerians are paying for the 12 years he didnt win election.

meanwhile, pls let us have a comprehensive phone contacts of the police headquarters in each State. May God help Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Police Alert Lagos Residents Of Robbers' New Tricks by lightheart(m): 7:51am On Jul 04, 2016
CzarRex:

Some dey work through the night, brotherman.
Re: Police Alert Lagos Residents Of Robbers' New Tricks by Trapnews: 7:51am On Jul 04, 2016
Sincere advice for the government... Please provide enabling environment before you stop unemployed youths from hawking!!! You don't solve a little problem by creating a bigger one. How do you expect your under equipped police to tackle this? Poor-man is always at the receiving end. Good policy... but we are not ripe for it yet undecided

2 Likes

Re: Police Alert Lagos Residents Of Robbers' New Tricks by kiddoiLL(m): 7:51am On Jul 04, 2016
CzarRex:

baba no get fuel money..

1 Like

Re: Police Alert Lagos Residents Of Robbers' New Tricks by udy4real(m): 7:52am On Jul 04, 2016
CzarRex:

What's this?Don't u know some people have babies that need light

1 Like

Re: Police Alert Lagos Residents Of Robbers' New Tricks by devilmaycry: 7:52am On Jul 04, 2016
kiddoiLL:
am i wrong to see certain criminal acts as geniuses??
lol....bro when u left with little or notin...u start thinking and as one

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigerian Man Arrested For Dating Fraud In India (PHOTO) / Ifeanyi Aguo, Nollywood Director Jailed 15 Years For Drug Possession In Malaysia / Kidnappers Lure Man From Ogun, Kill Him In Ondo After Collecting Ransom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.