Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,192 members, 7,818,630 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:15 PM

Share Your Music Production Tips Here - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Share Your Music Production Tips Here (1708 Views)

Beat Production Tips: You Don’t Need A Sound Card To Make A Quality Instrumental / For Those Interested In Music Production / A-z Of Music Production And Studio Set-up (must Read For All Music Lover)::::::: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Share Your Music Production Tips Here by zizirecords(m): 3:41pm On Feb 24, 2015
smiley Hi everone,
I am Donzizi, medical doctor, music producer, rap artiste and founder of allnaijabeats (allnaijabeats.com, allnaijabeats..com, YouTube.com/user/allnaijabeats, The Entertainment Clinic studios in Abuja). If you click on any of the links I just mentioned, you will see that we share free production advice and tips on beat-making, recording, mixing and mastering for afro genres such as afrobeat, afropop, highlife.
We started this because we realized that almost all tutorials on music production we find on the internet are from foreign engineers. Nigerian producers RARELY share their tips and tricks for usually selfish reasons. I was specifically motivated to start this when a producer in Lagos told me that another producer had stolen his drum rolls! Imagine that!
On this thread, I will be sharing real tips and tricks to help both amateur and established producers up their game. After all, knowledge is for sharing and makes the teacher know more. Let us learn from each other. If you also have tips or experiences to share, please feel free.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Music Production Tips Here by zizirecords(m): 4:02pm On Feb 24, 2015
Let me start by sharing 5 golden rules for music production from my personal experience:
1. Always mix in mono. I often switch between mono and stereo to ensure mono compatibility. Very important for party jams cos they'll be played in mono at many clubs.
2. Your gear and plugins will not make you a better producer. Trust me on this one. Amateur producers always feel that buying more stuff will help them mix and master better. This is not true. Some people use basic gear and plugins to make great music. More on this in future posts.
3. The more music you produce, the better you become. Don't leave so many unfinished projects in your computer, finish them! Even if the mixes don't sound professional yet. Trust me, after finishing 100, you will be surprised at how much better you have become.
4. Record your vocals in mono. This makes panning (stereo placement) easier and more defined. It also helps you avoid phase issues (very common in amateur Naija mixes)
5. Keep your work organized. When people send me their data to mix and master, it is often in shambles. Try to group your tracks. Create busses. Color your clips and tracks. Name your tracks properly. Save projects and files with appropriate names.

I will have more tips for you soon. Please remember to like, share and comment as necessary.

One love!

1 Like

Re: Share Your Music Production Tips Here by frainc(m): 4:27pm On Feb 24, 2015
Hello man
This is f'rainbow
An artist base in lagos, with two tracks on air

You said you are a producer
If you are very good in producing and mixing rap
Then I ll like to work with you (if you are in lagos)

This is my contact: pin. 294EF529
frc4us@rocketmail.com
Or send yours

Thanks
Re: Share Your Music Production Tips Here by zizirecords(m): 5:24pm On Feb 24, 2015
Hey bro, I live and breath rap. Unfortunately, our studios are in Abuja. You can still hit me up on allnaijabeats@gmail.com
frainc:
Hello man
This is f'rainbow
An artist base in lagos, with two tracks on air

You said you are a producer
If you are very good in producing and mixing rap
Then I ll like to work with you (if you are in lagos)

This is my contact: pin. 294EF529
frc4us@rocketmail.com
Or send yours

Thanks
Re: Share Your Music Production Tips Here by ChynoBEATS: 7:11am On Feb 25, 2015
zizirecords:
smiley Hi everone,
I am Donzizi, medical doctor, music producer, rap artiste and founder of allnaijabeats (allnaijabeats.com, allnaijabeats..com, YouTube.com/user/allnaijabeats, The Entertainment Clinic studios in Abuja).

Ahhh I don catch you today............ I never knew you're a nairalander .......

Choi .... cheesy

Boss I hail O.....

3plle twale for ZiZi ..... smiley smiley cheesy cheesy :-D

I have some of your youTube videos.......

Thumbs up Sir.......... cheesy

1 Like

Re: Share Your Music Production Tips Here by zizirecords(m): 8:42am On Feb 26, 2015
Respect bro!
ChynoBEATS:

Ahhh I don catch you today............ I never knew you're a nairalander .......

Choi .... cheesy

Boss I hail O.....

3plle twale for ZiZi ..... smiley smiley cheesy cheesy :-D

I have some of your youTube videos.......

Thumbs up Sir.......... cheesy

Re: Share Your Music Production Tips Here by ChynoBEATS: 11:38am On Feb 26, 2015
zizirecords:
Respect bro!
grin
Re: Share Your Music Production Tips Here by zizirecords(m): 5:41am On Aug 31, 2015
One important tip is this: [b][/b]Never overthink your mix!

People often assume that the more complex plugins you use, the better your mix will be. This is usually not true. Mix with your ears and not your eyes and you will get better results even with inbuilt plugins.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Music Production Tips Here by crazygod(m): 8:37am On Aug 31, 2015
Subscribing.

Good one. But so far u're talking about mixing engineering now. Not production.

(1) (Reply)

Top 5 Very Good But Very Underrated Rappers In Nigeria (My Opinion) / Download Music: Kizz Daniel Ft. Lil Kesh X Sarkodie X Chinko Ekun X CDQ X Qdot X / Tekashi 69 - Trollz Lyrics Review

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.