Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,055 members, 7,810,943 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:02 PM

Esther Okade Just Scored 100% On A University Maths Test - At The Age Of 10. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Esther Okade Just Scored 100% On A University Maths Test - At The Age Of 10. (1281 Views)

What Is Esther Okade Doing With PhD, A 13-Year-Old? - Tolu Ogunlesi (Photo) / 10 Year Old Nigerian Math Genius, Esther Okade Plans To Build A Bank By Age 15 / Meet Nigeria 10-year-old Maths Genius: Esther Okade. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Esther Okade Just Scored 100% On A University Maths Test - At The Age Of 10. by DonaldGenes(m): 4:43pm On Feb 24, 2015
Britain's Daily Telegraph reported on its website that Okade enrolled in the Open University three weeks ago for a maths degree and is already at the top of her class.
Okade is not the only prodigy in her family - her six-year-old brother Isaiah is already taking an A-level in maths.
Her mother, Efe, said applying to the university necessitated a talk to the vice-chancellor due to Okade's tender age.
Said Efe: "From the age of seven, Esther has wanted to go to university. But I was afraid it was too soon. She would say, 'Mum, when am I starting?', and go on and on and on. Finally, after three years she told me, 'Mum I think it is about time' ."
According to The Telegraph report, Okade applied in August, and was accepted in December after an elaborate process that involved a phone interview, a maths exam and an essay .
Said Efe: "She was flying. She was so happy.
"She is doing so well. She took a test recently and scored 100%."
Added Efe: "Esther talks about running her own bank one day. She says she wants to be a millionaire.
"Isaiah is following in his sister's footsteps. He is doing calculus and advanced algebra."
But, the Telegraph report noted, Okade is not the youngest university UK student.
In 1981, Ruth Lawrence, from Brighton, passed the Oxford exam very soon after turning 10. She graduated in 1985 at the age of 13 with a first-class degree in mathematics.

http://www.timeslive.co.za/thetimes/2015/02/24/varsity-maths-child-s-play

Proud of her But....

Re: Esther Okade Just Scored 100% On A University Maths Test - At The Age Of 10. by Vicjay1(m): 6:32pm On Feb 24, 2015
hmm. dats good to know

(1) (Reply)

What Is The Meaning Of Ondo In Ondograph, Ondogram And Ondometer? / What's The Difference Between A Police Officer And A Soldier? ?? / FG Overrules Jamb On New Admission Policy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.