Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,371 members, 7,822,745 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:10 PM

Going To Jamaica - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Going To Jamaica (1810 Views)

Am Going To Miss You Buddy. / I'm Going To Write A Book. Wish Me Luck. / Jamb Has Finally Destroyed My Life. What Am I Going To Do? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Going To Jamaica by princejenks(m): 7:44am On Feb 25, 2015
Am trying to experiment with story telling,so this will be my very first story here. I hope you all enjoy it,criticisms are most welcome. Stay tuned as I drop the story shortly
Re: Going To Jamaica by princejenks(m): 9:48am On Feb 25, 2015
All rights reserved
No part of this story should be reproduced,copied or modified and posted elsewhere without the express permission of the writer

Ucheone@2015

My name is Roseline and I am from the south eastern part of Nigeria.
When I was about ten years of age, I went to abuja to stay with my big
sister and her family,where I completed my secondary education.

In the year 2005,my big sister was sent to Jamaica by the Nigerian
government on a national aid programme. She came back in the year 2008,and signed off on her contract,but in 2009,she returned to
Jamaica to take up another job there,and do make visits back to
Nigeria from time to time to see her family till the year 2011 when
she decided her family should join her over there,so she sent for us(i.e myself and her family). Though I had some reservations about travelling to a country like Jamaica,based on my little knowledge of the country,especially about their lifestyle and the environment over there,but I was also quite cool with the prospect of travelling outside the country as it would not only afford me the opportunity to visit other lands,but also afford me my first experience of boarding a plane.

Preparations were made in earnest for our travel arrangements, though
my sister told me I would be invited by someone else since she had
already invited her hubby and the kids,so I would have to come to
Jamaica with a student visa; with the impression that I came on my own. There are no direct flights from Nigeria to Jamaica,so we obtained transit visas which would take us through london to Jamaica.

Now,the school letter my sister obtained for me over there in Jamaica had a september resumption date on it,while we
left in march. On getting to Jamaica,the immigration refused me passage based on the letter I had, even though my sister's hubby and her kids had already been cleared and were already getting their suitcases,but the immigration stood their ground and refused me
entry. My big sister and her friends were already waiting at the other
end of the airport.

I knew something was wrong when an officer was going about looking and asking about my luggage because I was to be flown back on the same plane to london that same night. I told them I couldn't travel without my luggage as my in-law had already taken it,so they couldn't find it,and the pilot was already behind schedule on the flight.

To cut the long story short,they were able to get my luggage and I was sent back till september. I was heart broken because every effort to stop them from sending me back was not successful because offices that could have made the necessary calls were closed. They gave the flight attendant my passport to keep me in check.

I got to london where I didn't know my right from my left. The flight
that would take me to Nigeria from London was for the next day. I was so sad cos i'd no family in london that I could have stayed with instead of returning to Nigeria.

I landed at Gatwick airport in
london cos I was travelling from the caribbean,from where I took a bus
to heathrow airport cos I had earlier changed the dollars I had on me
to pounds. I kept asking questions cos I was feeling very overwhelmed due to the situation I found myself. I spoke to the bus driver who gave me directions on how I would locate the virgin atlantic stand where tickets were sold. I was able to locate the place and I then approached the customer service
section where I asked the lady on seat for a phone to make a call. She
obliged me with her phone,and I quickly made a call to my big sister
to tell her I was fine. She was crying over the phone which also got
me crying as well.

I was told to pay an extra fee even though I had a return ticket,cos I
was told I wasn't being expected due to the date on my ticket. I
became angry and complained to the man there, explaining what I had been through,and that I didn't have any money. He made some calls and I was checked in without having to pay any extra money. I
was all over the airport for the night.

I passed through immigration at heathrow airport and was ushered into the waiting area where I slept off many times,waiting for my time to board. Finally,I was checked into the plane where I saw some Nigerian celebrities returning home from london.
Re: Going To Jamaica by princejenks(m): 3:56pm On Feb 25, 2015
Pls I need comments,thanks
Re: Going To Jamaica by lexaydfg(m): 10:27pm On Feb 25, 2015
nice 1, pls continue
Re: Going To Jamaica by princejenks(m): 7:34am On Feb 26, 2015
The plane landed in lagos the next day around 6am and it was my first
time alone in lagos since I was with my sister's hubby the other time I was there to board a plane. There was this guy I had been chatting with on facebook way before I was to travel,and we'd become very close. He knew I wanted to travel and really wanted to meet me in person before I travelled. He lives in lagos,so I called him and he was
shocked since he knew I should already have been in Jamaica by then.

I told him to come pick me up at the airport,and he came,and I felt
really special. My family kept calling to find out if I was ok,and I told them I was fine,my mum was very worried,but I told her I could
take care of myself having been in the cold in london all by myself
and nothing happened,and now am in Nigeria where no one would be
asking me to show my ID.

I asked the guy where he was taking me,and he replied that he was
taking me to his place. I was scared,but I didn't have much of a
choice. We got to his place and I found out that he lived with some
other guys. I just knew I could never stay there so I asked him if there was any hotel around, he took me to one. It was in the morning
of a friday,and I didn't want to go back to my parents' base in the
east so early,so I paid for three nights and left lagos on monday
morning to the east. The guy also came around throughout my stay there and really made my stay in lagos an interesting one,I later allowed him to have sex with me as a parting gift.

I stayed in the east for some months where I had to start processing my travel papers all
over again cos my transit visa had expired. I got the transit visa
form,filled it,and told every truth I knew and my application went
through. I think I was lucky getting it a second time cos I had a clean record throughout my transit;since i passed immigration four times through two airports.
Let me add here that I could have gotten a transit visa to another country besides britain;like I could have gotten one for US,Amsterdam or any other country that had direct flights into Jamaica,but I chose britain cos that was the route I'd used before.

Between march and september,2011,I was processing admission into the polytechnic,and two days to my departure to Jamaica,my contact person at the school helping with the processing,told me I had been offered admission for library
science,but I felt sad and at a point confused whether to stay back in
Nigeria or move to Jamaica as planned. To be continued...
Re: Going To Jamaica by lexaydfg(m): 6:01pm On Feb 26, 2015
ride on babe, am enjoying ur story
Re: Going To Jamaica by lexaydfg(m): 6:03pm On Feb 26, 2015
hey.... sowe i tot u were a SHE
Re: Going To Jamaica by princejenks(m): 7:30pm On Feb 26, 2015
lexaydfg:
hey.... sowe i tot u were a SHE
hahahaha badt guy
Re: Going To Jamaica by princejenks(m): 3:49pm On Feb 27, 2015
No comments? Not encouraging at all
Re: Going To Jamaica by hpk(m): 9:27pm On Mar 01, 2015
from the title you got my heart, hope you can handle it. mi luv jamaica to di max.

(1) (Reply)

Tic Tac (poetry Session) / Book Launch - My Neighbour's Bed @uniport - 1st August / ASUU Chronicles: The Lost Battle Of Lust

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.