Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,191 members, 7,822,014 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:32 AM

Toyota Camry V6 And V4 Differences. - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Toyota Camry V6 And V4 Differences. (15198 Views)

What Is The Difference Between Toyota Camry 2008 V6 And I4? / Difference Between Camry 2007 Xle V6 And 2010 Xle V6 / What Are The Disadvantages Of Buying 07/08/09 Camry V6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Toyota Camry V6 And V4 Differences. by Chuksyno(m): 1:51pm On Feb 25, 2015
Please I urge this forum to enlighten me on the defference or rather the best among Toyota Camry v6 and v4 engines. I have never rode Japanese car before but I intend to start with1996 toyota Camry in few days time. I want you guys to allay my fear and let me know the best choice. Every useful comment would be appreciated. Thanks.
Re: Toyota Camry V6 And V4 Differences. by praxisnetworks: 1:57pm On Feb 25, 2015
no need....v4? v6? why not just ask google or better still search the cartalk section.
Re: Toyota Camry V6 And V4 Differences. by AutosBay(m): 2:04pm On Feb 25, 2015
Something similar has been treated before, v4 are more economical in fuel, have better mileages as compared to v6, which are much more faster, but has bigger engines thereby necessitating more fuel consumption.

2 Likes

Re: Toyota Camry V6 And V4 Differences. by agohmamuda(m): 2:05pm On Feb 25, 2015
I'll tell you, V6 cars are faster than V4. So also V8 Is faster than V6 etc.
Re: Toyota Camry V6 And V4 Differences. by GAZZUZZ(m): 4:01pm On Feb 25, 2015
^^^^ all this v4 you are sharing.............. it is called I4 inline 4, autosbay you should know better angry

Use the search button.

3 Likes

Re: Toyota Camry V6 And V4 Differences. by diportivo: 4:09pm On Feb 25, 2015
which one be v4 again undecided...as oga gazzuzz has said,do d needful
Re: Toyota Camry V6 And V4 Differences. by mployer(m): 4:11pm On Feb 25, 2015
GAZZUZZ:
^^^^ all this v4 you are sharing.............. it is called I4 inline 4, autosbay you should know better angry

Use the search button.

I gat You smiley

There is nothing like v4. The cylinders are in line.

You are good bro, Will keep following.
Re: Toyota Camry V6 And V4 Differences. by AutosBay(m): 4:17pm On Feb 25, 2015
@ GAZZUZZ Nigerian Auto Terminology.
Re: Toyota Camry V6 And V4 Differences. by DGD1(m): 5:58pm On Feb 25, 2015
@OP
what I think you should ask is this:
"user review of Toyota Camry 1996 v6 and i4"
that I guess will satisfy your query.
Enjoy your Toyota in advance
Re: Toyota Camry V6 And V4 Differences. by Nobody: 6:01pm On Feb 25, 2015
V4 engines do exist, in some current motorcycles, and older car / light commercial engines.
Re: Toyota Camry V6 And V4 Differences. by bravolad(m): 8:12pm On Feb 25, 2015
Siena:
V4 engines do exist, in some current motorcycles, and older car / light commercial engines.

I agree with you but in the context of this question, OP meant inline 4 Vs V6. The V6 is a heavier engine & offers a better performance than the 4 cylinder. In other words, what you loose in fuel consumption, you gain in performance. V6 is a driver's car.

There's nothing wrong with a V6 engine, all you need is a good mechanic albeit using original parts and recommended engine oil & ATF.

Good luck.

3 Likes

Re: Toyota Camry V6 And V4 Differences. by Chuksyno(m): 1:55am On Feb 26, 2015
Thank you so much. I appreciates.
Re: Toyota Camry V6 And V4 Differences. by Chuksyno(m): 4:14am On Feb 26, 2015
DGD1:
@OP
what I think you should ask is this:
"user review of Toyota Camry 1996 v6 and i4"
that I guess will satisfy your query.
Enjoy your Toyota in advance
Thank you.
Re: Toyota Camry V6 And V4 Differences. by Chuksyno(m): 4:19am On Feb 26, 2015
bravolad:

Thank you so much bro.
I agree with you but in the context of this question, OP meant inline 4 Vs V6. The V6 is a heavier engine & offers a better performance than the 4 cylinder. In other words, what you loose in fuel consumption, you gain in performance. V6 is a driver's car.

There's nothing wrong with a V6 engine, all you need is a good mechanic albeit using original parts and recommended engine oil ATF.

Good luck.
Re: Toyota Camry V6 And V4 Differences. by rainmaker12(m): 4:00pm On Feb 26, 2015
i ll rather go for a l6 or l8 engines, no v.. wahala. choose bmw..smiley
Re: Toyota Camry V6 And V4 Differences. by Jontaman: 8:49pm On Feb 27, 2015
Chuksyno:
Please I urge this forum to enlighten me on the defference or rather the best among Toyota Camry v6 and v4 engines. I have never rode Japanese car before but I intend to start with1996 toyota Camry in few days time. I want you guys to allay my fear and let me know the best choice. Every useful comment would be appreciated. Thanks.
I'll take care of this for you. First
of all there IS such a thing as a V4
engine, however, Toyota doesn't offer
one in the Camry. Engine options in
the Camry are a 2.4L inline 4 and a
3.5L V6. There's also the hybrid model
and, I think there's a new I4 in the
works for 2010, but I'm not positive
about that. Anyway, the inline 4 will
get better fuel mileage during normal
driving but does not have the
horsepower of the V6, which is useful
for passing, acceleration, etc. but at the
expense of the I4's good fuel economy.
That said, the V6 will still return
reasonable gas mileage, just not as
good as the I4.
Re: Toyota Camry V6 And V4 Differences. by boldx(m): 6:39pm On Mar 16, 2016

(1) (Reply)

10 Reasons Why You Should Not Overload Your Vehicle / The History And Evolution Of The Nissan Pathfinder / My Car Has Been Packed For 4 Months- What To Do Before Starting It Up Again

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.