Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,407 members, 7,819,446 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:27 PM

1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] - Literature (47) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] (316929 Views)

Black Monday - A Crime Fiction / "Mohammed Ali At The Ring-side, 1985" - A Poem By Wole Soyinka / The Day The Clouds Turned Red (crime Story) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) ... (112) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by D9ty7(m): 9:04am On Apr 28, 2015
--continuation--
Tina brought the official N.A.T.U suv to a halt just beside the very lonely Badagary road.
"What's the matter?" Mark who was seated on the passenger seat asked.
"Extraction team would be here in a moment." She replied.
Seated on the backseat were three other men who wore suits crested with the silvery eagle symbol of the N.A.T.U.
"How long do we have?" One of the three men asked.
"Five minutes or less." Tina replied as she pressed a button and her own side of the window slid down to half, which allowed fresh air into the car.
And just when Mark was becoming impatient, a black SUV came into view from afar, directly opposite them and one minute later, a young man dressed in suit simillar to that of the three men on the backseat stood beside Tina's window.
"Hello Melvin." She said.
"Hi Tina." He replied. "Hey guys." He said to the other occupants of the car including Mark who ignored him like he just spoke a language he couldn't understand.
"Shall we?" Tina asked.
"Of course. Intel report is ready with footages to back." Melvin replied.
Tina nodded at the men on the backseat who alighted without much ado as she made for the trunk of the car, where she brought out a very big bag, unzipped it and gave guns to her men. Meanwhile, Mark was still sitting inside the car.
"Mark, its about time." Tina called from behind.
"I know." He replied.
"Then, get down and lets go. We are going in the second SUV." She said calmly.
"No way! We are six in number, the SUV can only take five at a time, so I will just drive this from behind." He replied referring to the initial vehicle in which they came in.
"You do have a point, but this particular SUV has a customized plate, plus, the N.A.T.U crest is all over it." Tina explained as she zipped up the bag, returned it into the trunk and shut the door.
"So, what do you suggest?" He asked.
"We'll fix up something." Melvin replied.
"I was talking to her, not you." Mark glared.
"Let down your arms man. Come on! I'll be here with you for at least an hour, so deal with that and be prepared to live with it." With this, Melvin walked over to his own SUV and the others followed, Tina, dragging Mark along.
"Take the front seat." She whispered.
"No, you take it." He nudged Tina forward and once Tina was comfortably seated he held unto the frame of the door and stood as Melvin moved the car slowly into a deserted unterred road which according to him said was connected to a particular boarder.
------------------------------------------
Five minutes later, Melvin was addressing everybody.
"To gain entry into this building, we need to be high on alert. They won't just let us in if we knock. So, I think..." Melvin was saying.
"You don't think in situation like this. You have to be sure." Mark cuts in.
"Am in charge here." Melvin said.
"Its my call." Mark replied. "The high-handedness of the security around the house is just normal. Afterall, the man in question was a retired Major-General. To achieve something here today. You the man in charge will go in through the back. According to the pictures you showed us, there are two men patrolling the back of the house, there are no security cams. You take those two men out. One of these three joins you once you are done." Mark explained. "I go in with Christina through the frontgate like perfect guests. We introduce ourselves and once we are in, you get to advance from there into the building, where you hold the security men for a while until we are done with getting words out of Major-General Tukur. Give the security men something to chew for a while. That leaves us with two men outside, get the back up team on the way, and once things get out of hand, you look for an escape route for those of us in the building. Understood?"
"Yes sir."
Tina was impressed with Mark's brilliance and how he made the daunting task before them easy.
"But..." Melvin tried protesting.
"No buts." Tina flashed him her killer smile and that did the trick.
As Mark tried putting on his bullet proof vest, his phone rang. An unknown Nigerian number.
"Hello, baby am I Ikeja. At the airport." Kim cried excitedly.
"Huh? Am busy presently, and moreso, I didn't invite you." Mark said without thinking and hung up at once.
"Lets move it."

--tbc--

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by princesssusan(f): 9:26am On Apr 28, 2015
Fire on da mountain!
Duty first, mark leave dt fool tony will tk kia of her.
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by omotalkie(f): 10:17am On Apr 28, 2015
Dis Mark eh! Blunt fellow he is. At least he shudve told d wife to find any nearest hotel around and lodge till he's thru with wateva he's doing. Has he forgotten she's pregnant? Seems he never loved her anyway. He's in love with Tina already. Ride on Dee, I dey follow u everywhere u go lyk MTN

1 Like

Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by princessadeola(f): 10:21am On Apr 28, 2015
welcome to Nigeria Kim
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by estellar12(f): 11:39am On Apr 28, 2015
Ouch! Poor Kimberly. He was too harsh.
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by Nobody: 12:16pm On Apr 28, 2015
Haa Mark not even a little show of happiness at your wife's arrival,even if its pretence. so bad undecided
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by hadease(m): 12:37pm On Apr 28, 2015
prettydiva89:
Haa Mark not even a little show of happiness at your wife's arrival,even if its pretence. so bad undecided
an unwelcum guest should nt expect a reception
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by labaski(f): 12:50pm On Apr 28, 2015
hadease:
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by sammyomotola: 12:59pm On Apr 28, 2015
kim, if mark didnt... I ll... u re welcome dear... Mark u re too rough joor @least b nice 2 ur gurl. If not tina
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by Nobody: 1:57pm On Apr 28, 2015
Chai
I don miss o shocked shocked
I'm seriously lacking behind
Page 36
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by Skimpledawg(m): 2:36pm On Apr 28, 2015
hadease:
grin u wicked ai swear!! But at least Kim is Mark's wife nt gf tho.

Oga Dee, Ayam bk... Bring on d updates
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by Nobody: 2:49pm On Apr 28, 2015
hadease:
OMG:she is his wife,and she is not totally unexpected he had the hint she's coming
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by Nobody: 2:51pm On Apr 28, 2015
hadease:
OMG:she is his wife,and she is not totally unexpected he had the hint she's coming undecided
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by hadease(m): 5:05pm On Apr 28, 2015
prettydiva89:

OMG:she is his wife,and she is not totally unexpected he had the hint she's coming undecided
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by blackmarya(f): 7:27pm On Apr 28, 2015
this kim self...just thinking
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by harjibolar10(m): 9:20pm On Apr 28, 2015
This type of mark as a man, ehn I fear them ooo

Of course!! He didn't invite her, but that's too much for a wife, at least, courtsey demand that, he address her in a more calming tone, if he's not ready to go there to meet her. ..

"Work first, family after "kind of a guy like mark can be ridiculous at times oo

Bros, who is this melvin? or I've miss something here ni
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by adewealth027(f): 9:32pm On Apr 28, 2015
In as much as I'm nt in support of how mark spoke to his wife BUT that woman needs to be flogged mehn.............she came all d way to nigeria uninvited knowing the risks surrounding her husband's job..................na she dem go kidnap to get to mark,na dat time she go know wetin dey happen
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by kizzykeziah: 9:57pm On Apr 28, 2015
What's up with this Mark? Does he plan on ditching her even in her pregnant state even when he fully knew she was arriving almost forty-eight hours before?

I wish Tina will break his heart too. He'd have a feel of what Kim is undergoing then.
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by omotalkie(f): 10:33pm On Apr 28, 2015
adewealth027:
In as much as I'm nt in support of how mark spoke to his wife BUT that woman needs to be flogged mehn.............she came all d way to nigeria uninvited knowing the risks surrounding her husband's job..................na she dem go kidnap to get to mark,na dat time she go know wetin dey happen
True talk. Dat Tony guy may even be d one to kidnap her sef#Keeping fingers crossed for d next update#
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by Missmossy(f): 10:48pm On Apr 28, 2015
Aww poor Kim Mark should be caned grin Kudos D9ty7 you are doing a wonderful job here. More wisdom to you.
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by FuroGintle(m): 6:19am On Apr 29, 2015
Chai!.......poor kim.........mark u're going nuts.... Kudos oga d9ty7
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by donPhill(m): 6:42am On Apr 29, 2015
shocker for life....kim no de hear, don't con but she say lai lai
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by D9ty7(m): 8:20am On Apr 29, 2015
--continuation--
"What did he say?" Tony asked once he noticed the pained look on Kimberly's face.
"He said he is busy, and moreso, he wasn't the one who asked me to come down to Nigeria." Kim replied with bitterness.
"Don't blame him, he might have a lot of things on his table right now, considering the fact that he came to Nigeria last month. Just don't let that get to you, he'll come around." Tony explained.
"Even if he is busy at work, he should spare an hour of his time to pick me up at the airport and drive me to his office. I can survive staying till he closes in the evening. Or better still, he could send any of his less busied colleagues." Kim added, this time, tears were streaming down her cheeks.
This singular act got to Tony who quickly stretched his hands forward and held her hands as he tried to pacify her, wiping her tears in the process.
"Now you are begining to read strange meanings to his failure to come pick you up. It is only in America that you can take an hour break to do some outside office duties, afterall, its your right. You have the right to work, and can even sue your employers if you are being overworked or underpaid. But here in Nigeria, the government doesn't mind if everyone is jobless, so far they get to export oil on a daily basis. Here in Nigeria, we beg to be overworked and underpaid. You know why? Your employers loves you more if you are a hardworker." Tony explained.
Kim couldn't help but laugh at what Tony said.
"Now, I made you laugh." Tony said with a tone of triumph, like he just achieved a feat worth achieving.
"I hate being stranded, and to say I know nowhere in this country." She lamented after a minute. "Excuse me, let me make this call." She said as she removed a book that looked like a diary and copied a number into her nw mobile phone.
"Hello mum." She said excitedly.
"Hello darling. How was your trip?" Grace asked, the excitement evident in her voice too.
"Mum, it was wonderful. Had mad fun breathing out the American oxygen and breathing in that that of Africa. Even the airport here is crazy. Believe me, you'll think you are in Ontario in Los Angeles or Heathrow in London." Kim explained.
"Tell me more." Grace cried.
"The road connecting to the airport alone and everything around looks foreign. I hope I will take a tour around the state before I return to America." Kim explained. "Even the eateries. You won't believe there are gyms all around. They have spa shops." Kim cried.
"That's impressive." Grace enthused.
Tony shook his head in self pity "Na so Nigeria bad reach? Chai! We don suffer for Oyinbo people hand." He said to himself.
"Really impressive. Nigeria is not as bad as they make us believe."
And just then a black Nissan Murano drove into the eatery premises.
"That's my car there." Tony whispered.
"Who is that?" Grace asked.
"I actually met him at the airport and since I am stranded, he has been keeping my company. His name is Tony." Kim replied.
"What of Mark?" Tony could hear the woman at the other end speak.
"He claimed he didn't invite me over, so I should find somewhere to stay until he is ready to pick me up." Kim explained.
"Is he out of his mind? What the hell is he feeling like?"
"Mum, calm down. I have someone here and I think I am safe." Kim said assuringly and Tony nodded in affirmation. "I will get back to you later."
"Alright. Just remain safe, remember, the baby." With this, the line went dead.
"Your mum?" Tony asked.
"No. Mother-in-law." She replied with a smile. "She is a very wonderful mother. We often relate like sisters, more than we relate as mother-daughter. " She added.
"Is she American?"
"No, Nigerian." She replied.
Two minutes later, Kim paid for their meal with her credit card and Tony led her out of the eatery into the parking lot where his driver was waiting.
"You are beautiful." He said for the first time as the driver sped on towards Maryland.

--tbc--
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by labaski(f): 8:39am On Apr 29, 2015
now where is he taking her to? Kim had better be careful, lest she falls into d wrong hands.. weldone dee.
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by harjibolar10(m): 9:13am On Apr 29, 2015
Kimberly, hope you are doing the right thing shaa

Oga dee, let's go
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by omotalkie(f): 9:39am On Apr 29, 2015
Now here u go! Kim where do u think u are going enh? Dont let me believe ure dumb. How can u just jump into d car wit someone uve neva met before? Is dia no hotel around for u to lodge? Babe u've entered one chance tongue
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by Shebarh(f): 10:19am On Apr 29, 2015
it seems mark didn't send tony to pick Kim up....abi oga dee am i lieing
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by D9ty7(m): 10:22am On Apr 29, 2015
--continuation--
Mark knocked on the big black gate that covered the enterance into Rtd Major-General Tukur's duplex which was located in a estate which was still under construction, as only his own duplex has been completed. The estate which was reported to have been worth a whooping five billion naira was said to belong to Tukur and his group of friends, hence, the reason behind only Tukur living in the estate and only his house built to completion. Even though everyone knew him to be a former millitary governor of Lagos, Edo and Delta state during different millitary regime before he rose to become a Major-General. Tukur, according to reports from his friends and colleagues in the Nigerian army, never for once supported a could, neither did he for once try to resist being overthrown. In 1987 as a colonel, he was appointed the millitary governor of Delta state under the Major Eze/Mark Anthony regime and by the time the coup planners approached Tukur so that they can overthrow the government in which he serves, he vehemently refused to be a part of the coup. And even when he had the opportunity to tell either of the Head of state or the De facto(vice) leader, Tukur kept quiet and watched until Major Eze was killed and Mark Anthony sent to exile. And immediately a new government was installed by the coup plotter, Tukur retained his office as the Millitary governor of Delta state, and two years later, he was made the millitary governor of Edo state, a position he held for the next four years, making him the first millitary governor to serve for eight years in two different states. In 1993, Tukur was part of the presidency electoral committee who oversaw the protection of the then FEDECO workers, now INEC. The millitary government in 1993 which Tukur was part of Anulled the election and plunged the Nation in chaos. Months later, when pressure from the international community became too much, the head of state vacated his seat and fled to his home state after installing an interim government. In less than three month, a brutal dictator overthrew the Interim government and for the first time, they wanted Tukur dead. He was forced to go on exile for the number of years spent by the dictator and in 1997 when the dictator died, Tukur returned and was installed as the Governor of Lagos state. Tukur was planning a coup to become the head of state when the Head of state organized the 1999 election which brough a former millitary head of state into office and Tukur being a godson to the president elect, had to drop every aspiration of his and he was rewarded by being made the Chief of Army staff. In 2007, Tukur retired from active politics and since then, he has grown into a national nuisance who does things with impunity. He was untouchable as he had every influential Nigerian at his beck. It was reported that Tukur single-handedly formulated a policy for the Federal government and without delay, it was passed by the National assembly. Such was the power that Rtd Major-General Tukur wields.
The gate slid open in its own accord to reveal an empty compound where no one seemed to be in view.
"What's going on?" Tina asked removing her gun.
"There is only one way to find out." Mark said as he took a step which took him closer to the compound, but Tina was quick to hold him back.
"You can't enter. Its dangerous." She whispered.
"Contact Melvin." Mark mouthed, calling the name, Melvin with so much disgust.
"Hey Melv.... What's the situation over there?" She asked.
"The compound is empty. We are in." Melvin replied.
Tina whispered what Melvin said to Mark.
"What's your take? Don't you think going in could be sucidal?" She asked.
"Its not. We just have to thread carefully." Melvin replied.
"Will get back to you."
"Copy." Melvin said.
Tina explained the situation to Mark who was excited at the prospect of entering the compound.
"We have..." He was saying when two heavily built men came out of the building and were approaching the gate.
"We knew you were coming over, Mark Ashimolowo and Christina James." One of the two men who could pass for bouncers as club houses said.
"You should have entered the moment the gate was opened for you." The other one said.
"Welcome." He said in a business-like tone as he shhok hands with Mark and Tina.
"Come with me."

--to be continued--

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by labaski(f): 10:40am On Apr 29, 2015
first to read and comment.. I hope none of dem ll lose deir lives in ds mansion sha.. but dis mark too dey hate pple jare, he's hating Melvin again..
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by macpetrus(m): 11:45am On Apr 29, 2015
Ride On!!!!...
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by harjibolar10(m): 1:10pm On Apr 29, 2015
Oga, I saw some typo there thou

Mike ashimolowo and Christiana James welcome to our humble abode.. .. Hahahahahahahab

Cant wait to read what will happen next, bring it on Oga
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by omotalkie(f): 1:25pm On Apr 29, 2015
labaski:
first to read and comment.. I hope none of dem ll lose deir lives in ds mansion sha.. but dis mark too dey hate pple jare, he's hating Melvin again..
Its jealousy. He's in love wit Tina & he wouldnt lyk any oda person to come around her. Ride on bro

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) ... (112) (Reply)

"Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi / An Evening With Eva (2013 Triple Award Winner in Crime. Thriller. Action.) / [story] My Life As A Yahoo Boy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 149
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.