Stats: 3,154,760 members, 7,824,183 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:18 AM

1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] - Literature (44) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] (317204 Views)

Black Monday - A Crime Fiction / "Mohammed Ali At The Ring-side, 1985" - A Poem By Wole Soyinka / The Day The Clouds Turned Red (crime Story) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) ... (112) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by Mcweber(m): 11:55am On Apr 22, 2015
oga D9ty7, I only got to know u nw have a new story going on late last nite and hv been glued to my fone ever since until I caught up with u guys.....what a wonderful piece I must confess and after ur "all in a circle", I say a very good job once again and kudos to you.....*thumbs up*
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by Nobody: 3:34pm On Apr 22, 2015
Nice. Well done bro.
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by bdabuwa(m): 5:24pm On Apr 22, 2015
Well done Oga D
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by hadease(m): 5:37pm On Apr 22, 2015
wow! chichi is clara friend...two devil
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by donPhill(m): 6:07pm On Apr 22, 2015
chichi and Clara? I smell a prank on adeola...
ride on boss, nothing stain you
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by bigwig97(m): 8:43pm On Apr 22, 2015
D9ty7:
DECISION TO CONTINUE THIS STORY WITH A CLAUSE
After deleting a couple of previous posts randomly and in no particular order, I have decided to continue this story from where I stopped, afterall, no case of plagiarism has been reported here.
But readers are adviced to read the updates as soon as they are dropped for you could check 2days later and not find the update anywhere near.
Thanks for you understanding.
That's A Gud Idea. I Pray It Works. And I Think 2 Days Z To Much Mayb U Shuld Reduce It To One Day.
#just Saying
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by Uthman51(m): 11:14pm On Apr 22, 2015
I hope say Collins no go lose him job. undecided..
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by sammyomotola: 12:11am On Apr 23, 2015
Same chichi, she is here again
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by omotalkie(f): 7:23am On Apr 23, 2015
Chichi & Clara? Something's not right. Dee pls come and tell us their connection oooo. Can't wait grin
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by radical4jesus(f): 8:00am On Apr 23, 2015
pls can u drop the link that will enable me the part2 of ''all in a circle''. here is my email: princessobiora@yahoo.com
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by princessadeola(f): 8:09am On Apr 23, 2015
donPhill:
chichi and Clara? I smell a prank on adeola...
ride on boss, nothing stain you
good work
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by FuroGintle(m): 11:44am On Apr 23, 2015
Nawa o, mny betrayers in d story................more grease 2 ur elbow oga d9ty7
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by princessadeola(f): 11:19am On Apr 24, 2015
FuroGintle:
Nawa o, mny betrayers in d story................more grease 2 ur elbow oga d9ty7
waiting oooo
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by qhutetomsel(f): 3:20pm On Apr 24, 2015
hi d9ty7.. I'm new here nd I must say u re doing a good job.. I read all in a circle nd teenage love ......as a guest.. well done!..nd u've got lovely fans... u nd sum other writers made me join NL... one love
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by Lbotusme: 8:50pm On Apr 24, 2015
Good one!
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by Neephemie(f): 8:54pm On Apr 24, 2015
Chichi nd Clara 'll both work against Tina...... Chai dat girl don suffer. Gud job Dee
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by D9ty7(m): 9:01pm On Apr 24, 2015
Neephemie:
Chichi nd Clara 'll both work against Tina...... Chai dat girl don suffer. Gud job Dee
Its good to have you catch up
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by Shebarh(f): 9:29pm On Apr 24, 2015
nice tho but am not happy.. the Thomas just ended lyk vhat at d most interesting part for dat mata
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by D9ty7(m): 8:11am On Apr 25, 2015
CHAPTER 11
Tina was seated behind her desk thinking about her life so far. A life that has been spent anyhow, a life that was devoid of the presence of God, a life that last glorified God decades ago, a life that will always hide in shame in the presence of several other lives.
She thought about how she started finding things rough immediately she was done with secondary school, but a luck would smile on her, coupled with her being a very brilliant student, she was offered admission immediately a new session began and that was how she became an 'Akokite.' Life has a way of bringing us friends together, which was how she met Adeola Olukolade, a secondary school classmate, domitory mate, bunk mate and best friend. The two friends who were graduates of the Federal Government girls college, Oyo. Even though they live at different parts of Lagos, Adeola being the rich girl will always be driven to Christina's house by her personal driver. But one thing about their friendship, was that they don't share secret, neither are they open to each other. While Adeola, the sustainer of the friendship made it a point of duty to flaunt her jamb form before Christina. Christina on the other hand got the form, but didn't tell her friend, she filled UNILAG, she wrote the exam which was then, known as UME, was admitted, all of this without the knowledge of her friend who was in London for the summer. It was during their individual clearances that they met again and they picked up from where they left it. Even though they were not roomates. While Adeola lived in the staff quarters, Tina lived in the school hostel, but most of the time, Christina spent the night at the staff quarters while Adeola spent most of her days in the shool hostel. Their friendship took a new dimension when a seminar was organised for the newly admitted students 'Jambites' on HIV/Aids and the importance of abstainance from sexx. Adeola met Daniel Martin and as fate would have it, Daniel and Adeola had their first sexx with the condoms given to them. Being inexperienced then, the two lovers were always shy to buy condoms at chemists outside shcool, therefore, when they exhausted their own, they had to collect from Christina who still had her own intact, as her boyfriend was a young electrician in her area and he does the buying of condoms(as she was not a virgin then)
Adeola and Martin kept up with their relationship until the third year when they hit the rock and broke up. It was during that period that Martin celebrated his his 22nd birthday and since Adeola wouldn't go, Tina decided to go, afterall, she was the one making moves to bring them back together and to achieve that, she must be fair to the two parties. The party got her drunk, due to problems arising in her family and Daniel took advantage of her drunk stage, even though she seduced him, but as a man, he should know that her drunk state was playing a pivotal role. Weeks later, she realised that she was pregnant and she couldn't abort. She lost a friend and a sister in Adeola, lost her parent's trust, even though she won it back years later, but her father would never see her as he used to see her again. He has refused to associate with her since the birth of Chris and he was keeping to that.
"Its high time Chris knew who his father is." She concluded as she picked up her phone and google searched Godson group of companies, copied one of the company number and dialled.
"Hey mum." Chris strolled into his mothers office, prompting her to quickly drop the phone.
"You are back?" She asked as she quickly cleaned the tears in her eyes.
"Are you crying?" He asked.
"No, am not." She replied with a smile. "Have your sit."
"Mum! Remember, no lies." Chris said.
It was the new agreement they reached the previous night. They had both resolved to telling the truth always, even though Tina knew it was a plot to ensure that she told him about his father the next time he asked.
"I wasn't crying." She replied.
The door into the office opened once again, this time with a force that showed that the person behind the door was angry. Collins marched into the office.
"What kind of job do you think you are doing?" Collins asked angrily, before he saw Chris staring at him. "Hey Chris! Excuse us for a moment."
Curtly, Chris excused himself and walked out of the office.
"What's the problem?" Tina asked calmly.
Collins glared at her for a few seconds.
"Are you tired of working here?"

--to be continued--

Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by D9ty7(m): 8:14am On Apr 25, 2015
--continuation--
Clara walked into the very scanty hotel restaurant where only three people were seated having breakfast, and from the look of things, they were not lodged in the hotel, which means, their chances of staying long after their meals was very slim.
"Hello Chichi." Clara replied.
"Good morning ma." Chichi replied.
"How far?" Clara asked.
"What's that?" Chichi replied. "I saw your message, that was why I am calling you."
"Are you saying you have forgotten about the job I gave to you?" Clara asked with raised voice as she beckoned on a waiter.
"If you are talking about that job, then I am still on it." Chichi replied.
"You are still on it?" Clara asked with eyes opened wide in shock.
"Yes Aunty. Its not easy na. We are talking about my brother here and his wife. You can't expect me to jump into the assignment so soon. I need to clear my head first, then know how to go about the job without causing much damage to them. Aunty Clara, I will do it. Only that it could take time." Chichi explained.
"Chich Martin." Clara called.
"Yes ma." Chichi replied.
"You still haven't changed." Clara laughed as she gave instructions to the waiter who went off to fetch her orders. "I know you will pull this off. One good turns deserve another, this is my own time to reap from where I have sowed. Do call me when you have something important to say." Clara said to her one time school daughter before hanging up.
------------------------------------------
Chichi looked left, right and when she was sure that no one was around, or eavesdropping, she hurriedly ran back into the house through the backdoor.
Now in the living room, she sat on the three seater couch and stared at the furiously blowing cielling fan and all she saw was Clara face urging her to do her bidding or she face the consequences of disobeying her.
She didn't know why Clara was so obsessed with her brother to the extent that she wanted evil for him. She remembered how she met Clara at a year ago at a newly opened supermarket at VGC and they got talking, until they discussed Daniel Martin, the managing director of Godson group. Even though Clara didn't immediately tell her what she wanted, neither did she tell her later on why she wanted what she wanted. Every effort to get her to talk proved abortive and decision not to do her bidding always made Clara angry. She had vowed to desstroy Chichi, Daniel and Adeola if Chichi didn't get her what she wanted.
"Funny how school mothers turn up to be in control of our lives, many years after living secondary school." Chichi thought as she remembered how Clara being a senior student accepted her into the girls dormitory where she was the commando several years ago, and until Clara graduated, Chichi was always hiding behind her school mother's strength.
"Chichi!" Adeola called for the upteenth time.
"Yes?" She replied startled.
"What's going on? What's the problem?" Adeola asked.
"Nothing really." Chichi replied.
"Are you sure?" Adeola asked.
"Of course, I am. Just deep in thoughts, nothing more."
"Is it something you can share?" Adeola asked.
"Trust me, its nothing." Chichi smiled.
Adeola shrugged as she dropped a brown paper envelope on her sister-in-law's laps.
"What's in it?" Chichi asked.
"Check it."
Chichi opened the envelope and brought out pictures which were neatly bounded with a rubber band. A smile appeared on her face that moment.
"The photographer. Where is he?" Chichi asked.
"He said you paid him half already. So he said he'll come back for the balance." Adeola replied.
"I'll give him his balance when am going out." Adeola replied.
"Are we still sticking to the plan?" Adeola asked.
"Sure. Just some slight changes, but it will yield the same result." with this, Chichi rose up and walked into her room where she set to work.

--to be continued--
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by hadease(m): 9:04am On Apr 25, 2015
chris every evil plot against u shal not prosper! Tank 4 d update dee.....
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by sammyomotola: 9:07am On Apr 25, 2015
Thanks 4 d update. Chichi self naa bastard
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by sammyomotola: 9:08am On Apr 25, 2015
Amen
hadease:
chris every evil plot against u shal not prosper! Tank 4 d update dee.....
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by D9ty7(m): 9:30am On Apr 25, 2015
--continuation--
"Collins, would you stop speaking in parables and come out clean with me?" Tina asked.
"You are yet to answer any of my questions." Collins glared. "I said, are you tired of working here? Do you want a transfer? Do you want a sack?"
Tina gave him a are-you-out-of-your-mind look.
"Save me that look. You know what you are guilty of." Collins said.
"You know what? I am tired of listening to you. Mind you, I have an official assignment in the next hour and sitting here listening to you will only make me forfiet the plans. If you'll please excuse me." Tina replied calmly. She was begining to get pissed, as a result of Collins possessive attitude. The Collins that served as the interim director of N.A.T.U was a staunch womanizer who doesn't hide his thoughts and can not keep a woman for too long. Within the three month in which he served as the interim head, he dated not less than three of the female computer analysts and programmers. And despite these, he still set his sight on Christina who during the three months enjoyed playing hide and seek with his feelings. Collins tried getting Tina to an extent that, he started playing desperate and when Tina together with Clara broke a rule, Collins ensured that Clara was hit with a severe punishment which ensured that Tina had the office she once shared with Clara to herself, but all these did little or nothing in changing Tina's resolve not to get involved with any man. Collins tried another approach by getting to meet Tina's happiness, her son. And while Christopher grew fond of Collins to an extent that one would think he was his father, Tina only enjoyed watching the two of them play, it didn't change her mind.
In Collins' words, he claimed he was meant to be with Christina, but even the greatest man of God on earth still face challenges. He said he classed Tina's stubborness as one of such challenges, because he believed he would walk Tina down the aisle to the alter soonest.
But all hopes was lost the day he overheard Tina professing her love for the obnoxious and annoying American, agent Mark. Since then, he has changed from a friend that he once was to a boss. And not just any boss. He changed to a boss that doesn't want mistake from any of his workers. Even, Tina who enjoyed impunity all these months couldn't boast of such anymore.
"You better sit down there." Collins warned.
Tina who never made a move to stand up remained seated on her seat.
"Where is the blue print report for the last quarter?" Collins finally asked.
"I submitted it already. Even though I submitted late, I still made sure I submitted before the summit. They haven't had the summit, have they?" Tina replied calmly.
"The summit is currently going on." Collins replied.
"Really?"
"And N.A.T.U report is missing." Collins added.
"So? How is that my business?" Tina asked. "If the roport is missing, they should either adjourn the summit to enable them look for it, or they go on with the summit whichever ways." she added.
"Listen to yourself speak. You as a result of you non challancy misplaced the report." Collins glared. "Tina, you were not like this at the start of last month. But ever since Mark came in here, you have changed."
"What are you insinuating?" Tina asked slowly rising up to her feet.
"Since you started falling in love with Mark, you have stopped being up and doing with your job. Its like you are tired of working." Collins spelt out.
Tina stared at her boss in disbelief.
"Collins, is this coming from you?" She asked.
Realising that he himself was guilty of falling in love while at work, he mouthed something that sounded like; 'am sorry.' Tina wasn't too sure of what she heard, but if it were to be someone like Mark, the word 'sorry' will never come out of his mouth. But a man like Collins, down to earth and a lover of peace.
"Even if I didn't submit the report, is it my duty to write report? Isn't it Clara's duty to do that, but for some selfish reasons of yours. So, I can get to enter your office more often, you passed the responsibility to me. Just to clear your doubt, I submitted the report to Clara as expected, she appended her signature and I submitted the e-format to the Ministry's mail. So, the loss of the report is not my faul." Tina poured out angrily. And just then, the door into Tina's office opened and Mark sticked his head in with a mischievous grin. Probably, he was expecting to meet them in a compromising position or a romantic one, but he frowned in disappointment the moment Collins turned to face him.
"They guys are ready. We should be on the move already." Mark said and shut the door immediately.
"I have to be at Retired General Tukur's residence right now. See you later." Tina picked up her handheld pistol, tucked it inside the sheat adjusted her shirt, before walking out of the office.

--to be continued--
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by D9ty7(m): 9:33am On Apr 25, 2015
--continuation--
Magaret had since, as early as 6:59am resumed at her new office and department. In her five years of service at Godson group of companies, she has served in the capacity of a secretary at the marketing board, but as a result of misplaced priorities, the board was dissolved and every member of the board were sacked, just in time when Daniel Martin resumed as the Managing Director. He developed a special likeness for Magaret, especially when he saw how emotional she was when she was asked to leave. The first think Daniel did as the boss was to go against the ruling of the company's board of Governors/Directors and he reinstated Magaret, only that this time, she served as a personal assistant to the Managing Director. Less than six months later, news went round that Magaret was getting relating with her boss sexually and a non official ruling from Mrs Adeola Olukolade-Martin, the CEO's daughter, as well as the Managing Director's wife. Adeola ordered that Magaret be sacked, but Daniel only transferred her to occupy the position as the secretary to the Finance manager, Jimmy. A position she held for a year and a half, until Daniel got to know that Magaret was warming Jimmy's bed. Out of jealousy, he transferred Magaret back to his office, this time to serve as the secretary, and after some months, he grew tired of sleeping with her. And here she was, back as the secretary to the Finance manager.
"Its obvious that God wants you be rich and that's why you keep getting transferred to the Finance department. God wants you to pull a large chunk out of the company's account, and settle down somewhere to enjoy the riches." Jimmy preached on.
"Jimmy, God is not in support of fraud. I keep getting transferred to the finance department because Daniel wants me to be in a top office. He wants me to still command majority of respect I commanded while serving as his secretary, hence the reason behind me coming back here." Magaret explained.
"And you think you are worthy before God? With all the sins you have committed? No amount of restitution can make God change his mind about you." Jimmy said.
"You have a point. I am a sinner, but believe me. The only sin I ever committed has always been that of fornication. I have slept with various men for one favour or the other, most especially, my bosses. I have made two friends want to kill each other. I have broken a lot of marriages and I have taken out the trust factor is so many marriages, bit to steal another man's money? I will never do that." Magaret explained.
"I understand you point, but how much do you earn here? Aren't you more than that?"
"I don't earn much, but I am satisfied. If I get a hundred thousand naira here per month. I spend two weekends with you, I get fifty thousand, I spend the other two with Daniel, I get seventy thousand, plus my monthly allowance of seventy thousand naira. Is that not enough?" Magaret replied. "I don't have a car, and that's because I don't need it. I will get a loan when I want to buy one. I live in a two hundred and twenty thousand naira apartment, I sponsor two of my siblings in the university. I still have enough to cater for myself. Jimmy, your plan is simply greed." She explained.
Jimmy opened his mouth, but no word came out as he quickly closed it back.
"You earn in six digits, car maintenance allowance, medical allowance, wardrobe allowance, basic salary and others, yet, you still want to pull a large amoutn of money off the company's account. It is simply greed." She explained further.
For a moment, Jimmy almost had a rethink, but his mind was already made up.
"I just hope you saying you spend the weekend with Daniel doesn't mean you sleep with him. We'll talk about this later." And with this, he climbed down from Magaret's table and strolled into his own office.
As soon as Jimmy shut the door, a message flew into her computer and as she clicked on the mail message, she saw about five picture files following a short message;
He is happily married, keep off! Followed by pictures of Daniel and his wife kissing.
"B!tch!" She muttered as a mischievous files appeared on her face. As she prepared to share the gossip like she always does.
"I must send this to Halima at Communications." She smiled.

--to be continued--
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by kenwins(f): 10:30am On Apr 25, 2015
Hmmmmm.... Interesting!
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by D9ty7(m): 10:31am On Apr 25, 2015
kenwins:
Hmmmmm.... Interesting!
Big sister!
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by Neephemie(f): 11:07am On Apr 25, 2015
Dis story z beginnin 2 take a new turn. It gets more interesting by d day.
1.Collins shud pls leave Tina alone it's nt by force jare, see hw he take spoil show nw. Chris wud av known his real fada. Mtcheeeeew
2.Margaret z rily surprisin me o I jez hope she doesn't change her mind sha. #hapi#
3.Clara z jez being paranoid nd greedy. She shud take it easy o. Mtcheeeeew
4.Com r u sure dis Chichi z Daniel's real sis? #shocked#
5.Nd as 4 Adeola smh 4 her coz Chichi z playing a fast 1 on her. #pity#
6. As 4 oga Dee, Jah bless u plenty 4 dis brkfast. Nyc update. More inspiration dearie. *kisses*
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by Nobody: 11:13am On Apr 25, 2015
Dis is really serious oooooooo......... Chichi nd Clara? I'm speechless...... Collins should park well jare, wats his problem sef? Tina should let Chris knw about his father jare, so she can save herself frm a little headache. Margaret...... I dnt knw wat to say....... Gracing two friend's bed every weekend? nawa ooo.... Adeola.....I can sense a prank being played on u.... but i will keep my fingers crossed sha.....who knws?

D9ty7....... u are too much....... I would hv loved to shower u wit praises but i dnt knw d grammars to use..... Let me borrow Lilyomi's dictionary first.

Thanks 4 d updates..... expecting more......

*Kisses*
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by D9ty7(m): 11:14am On Apr 25, 2015
Neephemie:
Dis story z beginnin 2 take a new turn. It gets more interesting by d day.
1.Collins shud pls leave Tina alone it's nt by force jare, see hw he take spoil show nw. Chris wud av known his real fada. Mtcheeeeew
2.Margaret z rily surprisin me o I jez hope she doesn't change her mind sha. #hapi#
3.Clara z jez being paranoid nd greedy. She shud take it easy o. Mtcheeeeew
4.Com r u sure dis Chichi z Daniel's real sis? #shocked#
5.Nd as 4 Adeola smh 4 her coz Chichi z playing a fast 1 on her. #pity#
6. As 4 oga Dee, Jah bless u plenty 4 dis brkfast. Nyc update. More inspiration dearie. *kisses*
Chich is Daniel's half sister. They are binded by their mother
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by Uthman51(m): 11:46am On Apr 25, 2015
Make collins go sleep joor na by force to date person ni?

Margaret Na real olosho oo...Na she devil dey take sign for marriage...

Chichi Clara God dey watch una for 7D..

Dee na When Tina go rest?
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by kenwins(f): 3:19pm On Apr 25, 2015
D9ty7:

Big sister!
Bigger brother! More grace!

(1) (2) (3) ... (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) ... (112) (Reply)

"Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi / An Evening With Eva (2013 Triple Award Winner in Crime. Thriller. Action.) / [story] My Life As A Yahoo Boy

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74