Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,494 members, 7,816,170 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:00 AM

1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] - Literature (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] (316615 Views)

Black Monday - A Crime Fiction / "Mohammed Ali At The Ring-side, 1985" - A Poem By Wole Soyinka / The Day The Clouds Turned Red (crime Story) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (112) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by D9ty7(m): 2:15pm On Mar 09, 2015
snowhyt:
i'm so feeling this story... loving Mark jnr.
ride on Dee
Not so soon my lady.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by Slimzjoe(m): 2:19pm On Mar 09, 2015
D9ty7:

What will I get in return if I slap you with 6 updates?

Wait Lemme Think what I can Give

Chai!
Nafin!!
Absolutely Nafin except Encouragement cry

Maybe If I Knew you In Person, I would Give You 1 Bottle Of Orijin grin

1 Like

Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by snowhyt(f): 2:21pm On Mar 09, 2015
D9ty7:

Not so soon my lady.
hmmm
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by D9ty7(m): 2:21pm On Mar 09, 2015
Slimzjoe:

Wait Lemme Think what I can Give

Chai!
Nafin!!
Absolutely Nafin except Encouragement cry

Maybe If I Knew you In Person, I would Give You 1 Bottle Of Orijin grin
I don't do orijin bro. I do expensive drinks. Shey you get?
The words of encouragement will be enough to make me drop 6 or more updates today.
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by LogoDWhiz(m): 2:23pm On Mar 09, 2015
D9ty7:

I'll do the rundown as soon as I am less busy.
I wish you well in your exams.

No problem bro.

Thanks. I appreciate
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by Slimzjoe(m): 2:25pm On Mar 09, 2015
D9ty7:

The words of encouragement will be enough to make me drop 6 or more updates today.

Alryt then
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by snowhyt(f): 2:27pm On Mar 09, 2015
D9ty7:

errrrrm what encouraging word should i use now so that u'll drop d 6 updates??
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by Olanireti(m): 2:31pm On Mar 09, 2015
Always here to read the story each time it is updated. I don't even close the page anymore. Only refreshing for new update. Good job guy. Mark should take things easy
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by Shebarh(f): 2:58pm On Mar 09, 2015
mark na u go tire ooo
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by tecno4life(m): 3:55pm On Mar 09, 2015
Ah D9ty7 no updates? cry
I ho vex ooh, if I vex this story GI break All In A Circle record by reaching 300+ pages
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by Neephemie(f): 8:58pm On Mar 09, 2015
Dee biko I hope Daniel 'll nt kidnap Christopher o coz Christiana z goin thru alot as it z nd as 4 Mark, he shud beta calm down o. Gud work bro
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by Skimpledawg(m): 11:24pm On Mar 09, 2015
Slimzjoe:

Pple Dey Chop corocorodile ?
Gimme small Ma Taste

Oga Dee, U fit Slap Us With 6 Updates A day? grin
onemansquad, gv dz bros 1 plate.
wia stuff46 go? con serve dz bros 2 botuz of orijin o
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by Slimzjoe(m): 11:26pm On Mar 09, 2015
Skimpledawg:

onemansquad, gv dz bros 1 plate.
wia stuff46 go? con serve dz bros 2 botuz of orijin o

Tnx Man grin
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by D9ty7(m): 7:07am On Mar 10, 2015
--continuation--
Tina held the railings on the wall for support as she shut her eyes very hard as she tried to push the gory sight before her to the back of her mind.
"What's going on?" Mark's voice boomed from the corner a minute later.
She squirmed as she awaited his arrival expectantly.
"Jeez!" He exclaimed stopping in his tracks. "What did you do to him?" He asked.
And that was it, she had made a grievous mistake by standing for more than a second with Idriss' dead body rather than call for medical help.
"How do you mean?" She asked.
"Call for help." He ordered.
She kept her cool and put a call through to the security and the medical team. Less than a minute later, the remains of Agent Idriss was moved and the whole building was thrown into mourning as on one could pin point who could have killed Idriss inside the building despite the tight security. Certainly, an outsider couldn't have killed him, but an insider.
An emergency meeting was called involving all security heads and much to Tina's disgust, Mark tagged along with her, claiming they are both the head of the field operatives. Afterall, he was from America. Listening to him talk about America made her sick most of the time.
"Miss Tina, are you saying Agent Idriss spoke to you last before you found his body?" The internal security head asked.
"Yes sir. As a matter of fact I told him to wait for me in the office so we could talk. And by the time I was done with Agent Mark, Idriss dead body was what greeted me." She explained.
"I have a feeling the young man was attacked by somebody from the inside." Mark added without invitation and everyone turned to face him.
"Agent Mark, are you saying...?" The Director of the agency, Collins asked.
"I am not saying. I am telling you as a matter of fact that this young man was attacked one of our colleagues here. With the clearance proceedures I go through everyday with the security, not just anybody can access this place." He explained as he exchanged looks with Tina who quickly looked away. He smiled lightly.
"I have ultimate confidence and trust in my men. None of them could try such." Collins replied.
"This is Nigeria man. Even if America, there must be a mole in every security agency.
The meeting was dissolved after they had reached the conclusion that Idriss was probably murdered by one of his colleagues after which Tina was assigned to work on the case as expected.
---------
The feeling of loosing a colleague still hasn't weared off on most of the workers as everybody wore a sober look and work slowly without the time to crack jokes or play pranks.
Tina descended the stairs from her office floor and walked towards a computer station where two ladies were discussing. One was seated behind her desk, while the other rode her chair away from her table and sat beside someone else. They were talking silently and the moment Tina stopped in front of them, they quit talking.
"Will you send the file to my system?" The visitng girl asked as she pushed her chair as she sat back to her table.
"Sure, I will." The lady replied and faced Tina with guilt written all over her face.
"You are yet to forward the footage in the hallway. Why is that?" Tina asked the lady.
"Sorry ma. I was actually about coming to your office when you arrived." The lady replied.
"So, anything?" Tina asked.
"Am afraid, whoever carried out the inhumane attack had it all well planned." The lady replied.
"Meaning?"
"The camera actually stopped recording visually three days ago. So, all I could get today is the voice recording." She explained as she handed a piece of enhancement to her and she placed it on her ear.
She heard nothing except a fling of a metal in the air, which probably hit Idriss on the head moment's later, Tina's scream came on. The only audible voice in the clip was Mark's, which was only when he asked to know what Tina had done to the man on the floor.
"I'll work on this." Tina said as she picked the device on which voices were recorded.
"Please do. I can't wait to know who killed Idriss." The lady replied giving Tina a I-know-you-did-it look.
Tina ignored her and made her way back to her office, but one thing she noticed was that, as she passed one table or the other, people stopped working and tried to look at her, while the brave ones pointed at her.
The reason behind these she couldn't lay her hands on.

--to be continued--
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by tecno4life(m): 7:19am On Mar 10, 2015
A mole; but Tina is the suspect allthough she didn't do it :-/

ride on D9ty7 i dey feel u; and by the way Mark dey vex me. Make e soon find out say Tina na e sister.
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by harjibolar10(m): 7:22am On Mar 10, 2015
Tina, may God deliever you from this problem of yours ooo

Oga dee, keep em coming
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by D9ty7(m): 7:23am On Mar 10, 2015
Here is a rundown of the characters in the story so far;
Christina: A 32yr old single mother of one. An intelligence agent, who worked at the Nigeria Anti Terror Agency.
Christopher: Christina's son
Mark Ashimolowo Jnr: A Nigerian-American 34year old intelligence agent from the CIA.
Daniel Martins Christina's babby daddy, now married to Tina's used to be best friend.
Adeola: Daniel's wife
Jimmy: Daniel's bestfriend and also a colleague at work.
Magaret: Daniel's secretary
Collins: The director at The Nigeria Anti Terror Agency who has a soft spot for Tina, hoping it would lead to something big.
Tony: A FBI agent who at a point worked with Tina on a particular case.
Mark Anthony: Mark Ashimolowo's father. A former millitary deputy head of state. A joint sponsor of a terrorist Group.
Danny Lovato: A movie producer cum soldier, now turned terrorist who enjoyed killing in mass and taking over territories.
Grace: Mark Ashimolowo's mother.
Kimberly: Mark Ashimolowo's wife. A twenty seven year old black American.
More characters would be introduced as the story progresses.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by D9ty7(m): 8:07am On Mar 10, 2015
--continuation--
Tina walked into her office and saw Mark seated on her chair as he has always done right from the first day he resumes. Even though she had become accustomed to his behaviours, she couldn't help but get angry at times. But she always did a good job at hiding it, because showing your anger and displeasure at Mark is synonymous to hitting one's head on a rock.
But today, Mark was not just sitting on her chair, he was really going through her things. It is an act she learnt while she worked as a secretary in a law firm shortly after she gave birth to Christopher in a bid to make ends meet after everyone deserted her. She learnt not to keep anything private on her table, therefore, most her her personal things are locked up in the drawer attached to her table.
And as she moved closer, she saw what he was looking at. It was a picture of herself and her son when she just had him, then she looked sad, but covered it with a smile, there were eleven other pictures in there and in every picture, there is a difference in look. She had made it a point of duty to take pictures with her son on every birthday of his and since he was twelve years, that explains why there are twelve pictures in the first envelope.
"Is this your son?" He asked when he noticed her presence.
She nodded her head and stood in front of him.
"You look very young when you had him. Lets say sixteen." He said and bursted into laughter as he returned the pictures. He picked another envelope and brought out the pictures in them.
The he started asking questions like; 'your dad' your mum' all to which she gave answers to.
"Who is this?" He asked as he held up a picture which has been battered and on the back was written, 'BAST;ARD' in red ink.
"Wait let me guess. Your husband?" He asked and faced her. "No, that's impossible. You couldn't have written bast;ard behind his picture." He replied himself.
She opened her mouth to speak, but no word came out. She concluded that she needed medical and spiritual help, because she couldn't understand while the strong willed Christina will suddenly turn to a weakling in the presence of Mark.
"Do you care to tell me about him?" He asked.
"No way." She snapped.
"Easy ma'am. Just tell me about the man in the picture."
"I said I am not telling you. Its personal." She replied.
Mark shrugged as he dropped the pictures on the table and rummaged through her drawer once again, this time he came out with a diary which was titled 'LIFE.'
"Mark." She called.
He looked at her in the eye.
"Please don't open it." She pleaded.
"Why?"
"Its my diary and it is meant to be personal." She replied as she took a step forward.
"But you left it in your drawer and you drawer was not locked when I came in. Which means, you are carefree about it and the price to pay for that is me going through it." He replied.
"This is my office. I can decide to leave door open, its none of your business. And you going through my stuffs in a infringement on my privacy."
"Well, you can say that again." He said as he opened the first page and written in cursive was the phrase; I AM SIXTEEN TODAY with sixteen passport photographs glued around the phrase.
"so, you began keeping a diary at sixteen? You must have had a very eventful teenage life. I started mine at twenty two." He replied.
She wanted to go an snatch the diary from him, but an unseen force held her in place. She was boiling as he opened the first page which also had a picture she took in her school uniform glued to the page.
"Fell in love at sixteen? That's gross." He exclaimed as he went through the pages one after the other.
Tears started rolling down her cheeks the moment she saw him open the page where a picture of the University of Lagos' symbol was glued. She knew it won't be long before he got to meet Adeola and Daniel. She dreaded him reading how she got pregnant at the start of her third year in school which made her drop out.
An unseen but greater force pushed her forward and before she could snatch the diary from him, he had taken the away from her reach and a smiled appeared on his face.
She did the unexpected as she landed a hot slap on his cheeks and collected the diary from him.
"Get out of my office." She screamed at him.
He calmly stood up, the smile still on his face, but deep inside his eyes, the looks could kill. He walked out of her office, after which she locked the door behind him.
"Oh God." She muttered as she slumped on her chair, returned her stuffs into the drawer, locked it with a key and attached the key to her bunch of keys.
"There is no point feeling bad. He deserved what he got." A voice said in her subconscious and she couldn't help but agree with him/her(The voice)

--to be continued--

3 Likes

Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by Crownfullhouse(m): 9:29am On Mar 10, 2015
Morning.....

Well done.....

Tina, easy so that U don't regret Ur actions the 2nd time.....

Oga Mark, watch Ur steps oooo......

In all Oga D, U're doing great......
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by harjibolar10(m): 9:59am On Mar 10, 2015
AT this point, I don't know what to say anymore

Trust you boss
Keep em coming
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by macpetrus(m): 10:34am On Mar 10, 2015
Hmmmm..
Mark shouild watch is step
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by princesssusan(f): 10:57am On Mar 10, 2015
Extracting pleasure at d detriment of odas apinex is sheer wickednex n i hate Mark 4 dt
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by Skimpledawg(m): 11:17am On Mar 10, 2015
[quote
author=princesssusan post=31481464]Extracting pleasure at d detriment
of odas apinex is sheer wickednex n i hate Mark 4 dt[/quote]
easy dia ma'am! wah Mark potrayed is an act of seduction(nt sure if dahs wah he wants tho).....'make 'em hate u.....they'd cm bk loving u'.
ride on Oga Dee
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by Shebarh(f): 11:42am On Mar 10, 2015
I agree with the voice... in fact d slap was just perfect!
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by MisterF(m): 12:29pm On Mar 10, 2015
I have a feeling that tina is mark's lost sister. just guessing[color=#990000]
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by snowhyt(f): 4:01pm On Mar 10, 2015
in a way, they both deserve what they got.
what was Tina expecting when she left her diary in her open drawer knwing fully well that Mark always enter her office?
and as 4 Mark one slap is too small 4 what he did; going through Tina's personal stuff and laughing @ d fact dat she got pregnant @ 16 without him knwing what led 2 d pregnancy is so not right.
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by Olanireti(m): 4:45pm On Mar 10, 2015
Office was never the best place to keep such diary. Is she really a detective? Mark is going too far by poke nosing on the woman's privacy. Nevertheless, he got what he deserved. Could Tina really be brain behind Idris death? Waiting as the story unveils. Good job guy.
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by tecno4life(m): 4:51pm On Mar 10, 2015
Hmm, hmmm.
I think this Mark of a guy loves Tina but let's see how it goes, cause with Double King D9ty7 king of literature and Crime anything can happen so get ready for a wild ride wink
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by D9ty7(m): 5:02pm On Mar 10, 2015
Olanireti:
Office was never the best place to keep such diary. Is she really a detective? Mark is going too far by poke nosing on the woman's privacy. Nevertheless, he got what he deserved. Could Tina really be brain behind Idris death? Waiting as the story unveils. Good job guy.
She is a detective and a good one at that. But the reason behind her keeping personal stuffs in office would be revealed in due time.
Moreso, there is a key it the keyhole of the drawer, which means the drawer was probably locked or something, and sighting the key made Mark open the drawer. And considering the fact that she had been using the office for a while(even if we don't know) no one had ever entered the office without her being present. Mark just took it too far.
But like I said, you'll know why her diary is in her office.
Thanks for staying me.
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by D9ty7(m): 5:05pm On Mar 10, 2015
tecno4life:
Hmm, hmmm.
I think this Mark of a guy loves Tina but let's see how it goes, cause with Double King D9ty7 king of literature and Crime anything can happen so get ready for a wild ride wink
Oga, me I don't want wahala o. Mark is married and what God has joined together, let no man put assunder.
Therefore, I won't be a party to breaking Mark's marriage. Even though LOVE is wicked and doesn't want to know if you are married or not, but I will do everything, author-ly and humanly possible to make sure that Tina doesn't fall for him.
How has been your day?

2 Likes

Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by D9ty7(m): 5:06pm On Mar 10, 2015
snowhyt:
in a way, they both deserve what they got.
what was Tina expecting when she left her diary in her open drawer knwing fully well that Mark always enter her office?
and as 4 Mark one slap is too small 4 what he did; going through Tina's personal stuff and laughing @ d fact dat she got pregnant @ 16 without him knwing what led 2 d pregnancy is so not right.
They both deserved what they got? Issokay.
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by D9ty7(m): 5:17pm On Mar 10, 2015

MisterF:

You can feel for Africa o. You don feel that one too? Issorite, just stay tuned and see if Mark would ever find out he has a sister.

Shebarh:

I wasn't expecting something different from you tho. If you were in Tina's shoes, you probably would have shot him dead. Loooool. How you dey na?

Skimpledawg:

Speaking from experience point of view since 1980AD. Is that the trick you use for girls? Walahi you go teach me, I dey eye many girls on this thread o.

Princesssusan:

I think it was written somewhere in out holy books that it is bad to hate. Mark is a good man, you'll request for his contact soonest. *winks

harjiborla10:

I don't know how to reply your own comment too.

Crownfullhouse:

Speaking from an elder's point on view since 1900AD. I hope they will harken to your words of advice.
Update to drop before 7pm.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (112) (Reply)

"Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi / An Evening With Eva (2013 Triple Award Winner in Crime. Thriller. Action.) / [story] My Life As A Yahoo Boy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.