Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,558 members, 7,816,350 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:00 AM

1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] - Literature (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] (316627 Views)

Black Monday - A Crime Fiction / "Mohammed Ali At The Ring-side, 1985" - A Poem By Wole Soyinka / The Day The Clouds Turned Red (crime Story) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (112) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by smarh(f): 1:33pm On Mar 06, 2015
oga dee... i can c u online oo... i'm bcoming impatient
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by D9ty7(m): 2:38pm On Mar 06, 2015
--continuation--
They had just finished meeting with the president of the Federal republic of Nigeria, his vice and other security lawmakers at the presidential villa. And as they prepared to be driven to their hotel so they can return to Lagos the foolwing day by air, Mark dropped the bombshell when he reiterated his desire to return to Lagos by road. Even though Christina had no problem with returning to Lagos by road, Mark made matters worse when he said they must leave the city of Abuja immediately.
"But, why the rush?" She asked, keeping her anger in check. Afterall, Mark had succeeded in instilling fear in her, such that, he now seemed to be in control and his decision must stand.
"I need to be in Lagos today, that's all." He replied.
"That's good for you then. I'll join you tomorrow, there is no way, I will allow my return ticket to waste. Goodbye." she said and made for the SUV which was supposed to drive them to the hotel, but his strong hand grabbed her.
"You are going to Lagos with me. We need to put some things in place before we go all out against this faceless insurgent group. And the best time to do that is now."
"Good, but we can do whatever we want to do here." She suggested.
"This the FCT young lady and not Lagos. The state under attack is Lagos and not FCT." Maek yelled and Tina dutifully entered the backseat with him and the driver drove off.
Fifty minutes into their journey, Mark brought out his laptop and opened it, the first thing that caught Christina's eyes were the pictures flooding his window page. A beautiful lady strucked different poses in each of the pictures and with the red symbol of love all over the screen, she concluded that the lady must either be his wife or wife to be. She was less concerned about his love life anyways and who talks about his love life when he/she couldn't even open his mouth to talk to you on a normal day.
"Where is this?" He asked.
Even though She had never been to Abuja in her life, she was still able to answer him, thanks to her observant nature. She was quicck to sight a signpost by the roadside.
"That's the stadium road." She replied, hoping that he would be impressed that she knew the way around Abuja, but his response made he regret answering his question in the first place.
"I know its the stadium road, I just wanted to be sure, because I have never seen stuffs like this in America. Stadium road? Amd sure there will be bank road or even church road in this country." He said.
"Yeah, there is Bank road almost in every state of the federation. Church road? I don't know, but many bus stops are named after churches." she replied.
"Bank road, tell me more. How many banks are on that road?" He asked sacarstically.
"They are not on the road. But by the roadside..." she was saying when he cut her short.
"Now I get the picture." He said rudely.
Just when they were about to enter Kogi state, he spoke to her again.
"Welcome to the confluence state. What's that about?" He asked.
"Its Kogi state. Where our two major rivers met. The Niger and the Benue." she explained.
"So, are we gonna see these rivers?" He asked.
"Yeah. We'll pass the Niger bridge." She replied.
"You know, you should have studied something relating to Geography. You would have thrived more, rather than waste for time as an intelligence agent."
That was the height of discouragement she had even experienced in her life. Even though, she didn't feel bad considering the person who said it, but its quite disheartening for your partner on a job to tell you how bad you are at doing the job.
"No offence intended. Am just saying." He quickly added.
She looked at him briefly and smiled. Afterall, there might be a good side of him that she would grow fond of, but for now, he should enjoy the superiority while it lasts.
Christina slept all the way from Kogi till they reached Akure and on waking up, she realised her head was placed on his shoulder and he didn't seem to mind. And immediately she took her head off.
"You are awake? I was thinking I'll have to carry you into your room tonight if you didn't wake up." He joked and she smiled.
"And you know, you look beautiful when asleep." He said without looking at her.
"Thanks, but don't tell me you were staring at me all these while." She joked.
"No, I wasn't. You actually placed your head on my laps at some point, so I was able to see your face."
She flushed with embarrassment that moment but quickly hid it.
"Who is that?" She asked pointing at the lady on his computer screen.
"Its my computer, my business, not yours." He replied as he shut down the device and put it inside its bag.
The rest of the journey back to Lagos was spent in silence until they go to his hotel where they parted.
--to be continued--

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by Crownfullhouse(m): 2:45pm On Mar 06, 2015
Mark!!!

D baddest guy!!!

1 Like

Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by D9ty7(m): 3:02pm On Mar 06, 2015
More to come later in the day
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by Olanireti(m): 4:06pm On Mar 06, 2015
Thanks guy. Nice update. I think these two night develop feeling for each other. Kudos to you.
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by kizzykeziah: 4:20pm On Mar 06, 2015
Lovely update smiley
BTW, where on earth did Tina leave her dearest son?
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by harjibolar10(m): 6:55pm On Mar 06, 2015
Now, I think mark is getting what it take to be in Nigeria

Oya, Oga boss, continue
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by Donpoker9(m): 7:48pm On Mar 06, 2015
dis update short die...I swear
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by princesssusan(f): 7:56pm On Mar 06, 2015
Finally i‘m here
I aven‘t seen my chinko Techno4life abeg show up n mk d place lively okay
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by Uthman51(m): 8:10pm On Mar 06, 2015
Dee dis update too short oo
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by stuff46(m): 8:36pm On Mar 06, 2015
Guy sorry na, i been forget as per say yu na deadman
Skimpledawg:
mehn, mah Oga don start anoda blockbuster....i dey 4lo u bumper 2 bumper bros!

Btw, stuff46 y u no invite me? U so dead niqqa
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by stuff46(m): 8:44pm On Mar 06, 2015
This guy erh
Uthman51:
Dee dis update too short oo
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by Uthman51(m): 10:15pm On Mar 06, 2015
stuff46:
This guy erh

Watin concern you
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by Slimzjoe(m): 10:29pm On Mar 06, 2015
E Be Like say Dhiz Mark Go Bad Like DangerKelv ooo
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by Nobody: 10:34pm On Mar 06, 2015
Mark;remember you are married...
Tina;you are a mother.....
So don't go beyond being business partners
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by rantex1: 11:36pm On Mar 06, 2015
[color=#990000][/color] oga dee i don show ooo
this story is really nice
thumps up
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by LogoDWhiz(m): 12:09am On Mar 07, 2015
Dee, where. Are the remaining updates for today na?

Wish I can read everything at once.

Welldone
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by D9ty7(m): 8:20am On Mar 07, 2015
update drops today
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by Crownfullhouse(m): 9:44am On Mar 07, 2015
Patiently waiting for the best from you....

Morning to all
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by stuff46(m): 12:02pm On Mar 07, 2015
undecided
Uthman51:

Watin concern you
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by stuff46(m): 12:04pm On Mar 07, 2015
Read the handwriting on the wall babe
prettydiva89:
Mark;remember you are married...
Tina;you are a mother.....
So don't go beyond being business partners

She has started falling for him but the outcome is what we don't knoy yet
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by D9ty7(m): 12:18pm On Mar 07, 2015
--continuation--
As she directed the driver who had driven them all the way from Abuja to her destination, she decided to engage him in a conversation.
"Since when have you been working with the president?" She asked.
"Quite a long time madam. I have been with him, right from the time he was the speaker, house of assembly in his state." The man replied as he stepped on the brought the car to a halt as the traffic light turned red.
"And you enjoy working with him?" She asked.
"Of course. I have been with him for almost fifteen years now and I will remain with him until my retirement." He replied.
Tina bursted into laughter.
"Retire? Are you a government worker?" She asked.
"Well, I retire the day my first son recieves his first salary." He said and stepped on the gas.
Christina looked at him from where she sat on the backseat like he was an alien from another planet.
"Madam, don't be suprised. Why am I working? To take care of my home of course and why should I continue working when my child is already earning something bigger? He'll pay my pension and gratuity." He explained.
"Please stop here." She said.
"Madam, but I thought you said your house is located in the next street."
"Yes, I have to pick up my son from my brother's place." She replied.
"I see. But why not let me drop you off and if possible drive you both to your house. I can even drive you to the airport so you can pick your car."
"Aha ha. All these for me? Abeg. Please, you still have a long way to go. Remember you are returning to Abuja tonight."
"Abuja is not in my plans tonight. I'll find somewhere to sleep then return tomorrow morning."
"If you don't mind..." She got a control of herself just before she completed the sentence. She would have told him to come pass the night in her house, but not with Christopher around.
"A hotel, I guess." She said.
"No, my family lives in Lagos." He replied.
The both gisted for a while until he ignited the car and drove until he got to the next street where Tina insisted that she alighted. After much persuasion, the man agreed and exchanged numbers with her. Tina then opted to walk the remaining distance to her brother's house where Christopher has been staying since she travelled.
------------------------------------------
Danny Lovato, a forty five year old world renowned terrorist was addressing his army of soldiers and agents of destruction. According to him, his mission in Nigeria is to destabilize the economy of the nation and to bring unrest to the citizen. Lovato an ex film producer, musician and a political analyst left the shores of Russia at the end of the break up of the Soviet union in 1991. He was forcefully indoctrinated into the army and was used to wage war against the other soviet states. At the end of the war, the United nations came in and the union was dissolved, and Russia being a capitalist state lost its major investors to other soviet states on the ground that the Russian government has been cheating other nations who made up the capitalist union and about fifty percent of the profit returns belonged to Russia while the other fourteen countries in the union take the other fifty percent.
All these was possible because, Russia was an emerging world power at the time and with a strong based millitary and arms production, they were able to victimize the other soviet nations into dancing to their tunes.
Ranked milliatary officers were at the end of the war retired and payed exhorbitant gratuities, while the recruits were dissolved without even a word of thanks. Lovato led the other dissolved recruits and protested against the decision of the government, but when it became clear that no one would do their biddings, they ransacked the millitary base in Moscow got away with dangerous weapons of destruction. They were all declared wanted and they fled to other parts of Europe and Asia.
Lovato being a public figure was invited by an African dictator and sice then, he has been used against several African countries. The tides have changed and Lovato is working in the western part of Africa on the orders of an African president and a Former millitary ruler in Nigeria whom everyone thought had died.

--to be continued--

1 Like

Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by D9ty7(m): 12:45pm On Mar 07, 2015
--continuation--
The moment when everyone thought you are dead, after you were attacked in your home and rather than feel sober and mourn your death for even a minute, they were rejoicing like your death will pave way for many blessings.
Colonel Mark Ashimolowo Anthony on the 17 of April 1987 was attacked in his home by coup plotters and he was shot, while his wife ran away with his son when he realised that she connived with them to come attack him when he is least expecting it. He also couldn't find his little daughter who at that time was two years old and the most painful aspect of it all was how the news of his death was celebrated. He knew it would be dangerous to spend another night in his private residence, therefore, with the help of some loyal officers, he was smuggled into the republic of Togo where he underwent treatment and five years later, he travelled to India where he had a facial surgery that had a little effect in changing in outlook from being light skinned to a little bit dark, something Nigerians call chocolate skinned.
As a friend of Sheik Mosur Al Biya, the president of Egypt, Mark Anthony has enjoyed various level of impunity and immunity in the continent of Africa under the disguise of the name, Al Yakub. Mark Anthony made known his decision to punish everyone in Nigeria for celebrating his downfall thirty years ago and the masterminds of the attack in his homw that night, and an agent of darkness they say is an enemy of the man who invented electricity and the electric bulb, because the sole importance of electricity and the bulb is to illuminate the dark areas, therefore, killing the chances of the 'dark agents' in doing something bad. While a dark agent will be a catalyst to someone who is ready to destroy electricity and the bulb. Such was the case when, Sheik Al Biya met with Mark Anthony fifteen years ago in Cairo.
"How much have you gotten about the woman?" Mark Anthony asked one of his men who was working on a computer.
"Nothing much sir, except that she now lives in America." The man replied.
"Any trace that she has a child?" Mark Anthony asked.
"Possibly sir. She has a son, but his profile is not made public."
"Let me see."
The young man quickly carried his laptop and walked over to where his boss was seated.
His jaw twitched the moments he set his eyes on his wife's picture.
"Grace... Grace." He muttered.
Another picture came into display and here, a young man who he would recognise anywhere was kneeling down in front of a young lady, an half caste with a ring in his hand. Probably he was proposing to the lady and beside them was Grace who was smiling away. He kept staring at the picture on the screen until a smile displayed accross his face.
For the next ten minutes, he was looking at the pictures on Grace's facebook page and he was impressed with the happiness in her life and his son's life. But, where could his daughter be?
The event of the night came playing in his mind. How Grace grabbed his son's hand and raced out of the house. And he could remember asking about, Eniola prior to the entry of his attackers, to which Grace said Sisi, the housemaid then was preparing her for sleep.
Meaning, if Grace had left the environment that night, she could only have left with Junior and prior to her running away, his attackers ransacked the house and returned with the report that no one was in the house, meaning, Sisi must have escaped with little Eniola.
Now that he has confirmed the location of his wife and son, he needed to look for his daughter to make a complet family, after which he would kill Grace for conniving with the enemies thirty years ago.
"We are jetting down to Nigeria tomorrow. Tell this to Sheik." He told the young man who dutifully walked out of the room.
He continued checking the pictures until his eyes caught something. His son was pictured with several white men and women in suit and in the background stood the symbol of the America's leading intelligence agency, THE CIA.

END OF CHAPTER 2

2 Likes

Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by kizzykeziah: 1:31pm On Mar 07, 2015
Interesting one.

I guess the drama or action begins now.
Well done sir smiley
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by macpetrus(m): 4:00pm On Mar 07, 2015
Following.... Nice write so Far!!!!
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by bigwig97(m): 4:12pm On Mar 07, 2015
hmmmm....
#i'm speechless#
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by Neephemie(f): 4:26pm On Mar 07, 2015
Hmmmmmm........ D story has jez begun. Well done Dee. More inspiration
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by stuff46(m): 4:37pm On Mar 07, 2015
Ghen Ghen, this is were the main battle begin. Lovado my main man; i siqht you, your hand work go do well.

As the official bouncer of the thread, i hereby permit the introduction of weapon of mass destruction, disabilities and dissolution. Lol
Onemansquad come along with your ...
Bluestarry- catapault, [stuff your pocket with stones]
Skimpledawg- unarmed [dead men dont use rifle]
Uthman- just bring my revolver, i get bullets here.

And the derailing battle begins
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by D9ty7(m): 4:47pm On Mar 07, 2015
stuff46:
Ghen Ghen, this is were the main battle begin. Lovado my main man; i siqht you, your hand work go do well.

As the official bouncer of the thread, i hereby permit the introduction of weapon of mass destruction, disabilities and dissolution. Lol
Onemansquad come along with your ...
Bluestarry- catapault, [stuff your pocket with stones]
Skimpledawg- unarmed [dead men dont use rifle]
Uthman- just bring my revolver, i get bullets here.

And the derailing battle begins
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by stuff46(m): 5:14pm On Mar 07, 2015
Lol
[quote author=D9ty7 post=31395782][/quote]

ogboni?
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by shankies215(f): 5:26pm On Mar 07, 2015
Ehen! Soooo na lyk dis? *Finger crossed*
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by princesssusan(f): 6:22pm On Mar 07, 2015
Dis is gettn tougher

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (112) (Reply)

"Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi / An Evening With Eva (2013 Triple Award Winner in Crime. Thriller. Action.) / [story] My Life As A Yahoo Boy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.