Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,150 members, 7,818,462 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:20 PM

Help Decipher This Poem - Poems For Review (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Poems For Review / Help Decipher This Poem (4350 Views)

This Poem Will Change Your Life Right Away; It Empowered Nelson Mandela (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help Decipher This Poem by yuzjet(m): 9:10am On Feb 26, 2015
JigsawKillah:

are you asking me?
I still remember who owns this idea tho

And I never forget why am sharing the fortunes with my loos.
Re: Help Decipher This Poem by timpaker(m): 12:09pm On Feb 26, 2015
JigsawKillah:
Fenn's poem

As I have gone alone in there
And with my treasures bold,
I can keep my secret where,
And hint of riches new and old. (The journey to hide his treasure)

Begin it where warm waters halt (A lake near a rock or mountain, I guess)
And take it in the canyon down,
Not far, but too far to walk.
Put in below the home of Brown. (Underneath the lake surrounding a mountain... Note: there is a place called Brown mountain near a lake in USA)

From there it's no place for the meek, (It is a tough place)
The end is ever drawing nigh; (Cuz the river is quite rocky)
There'll be no paddle up your creek, (You gats get liver to paddle it.....)
Just heavy loads and water high. (Cus it is a Stand Up Paddle {SUP}) that leads to a waterfall)

If you've been wise and found the blaze, (Immediately you find the waterfall,....)
Look quickly down, your quest to cease, (Look down... i.e. at the edge might kill you)
But tarry scant with marvel gaze, (But if you wait at the edge you'll see it)
Just take the chest and go in peace. (Take it and go)

So why is it that I must go
And leave my trove for all to seek?
The answer I already know,
I've done it tired, and now I'm weak.

So hear me all and listen good,
Your effort will be worth the cold.
If you are brave and in the wood
I give you title to the gold

I think I'm gonna take the next flight to America.... I think I know where the treasure is...... Who's coming with me? your job is to take photograph of me lifting the treasure. Hhehehehheh

2 Likes

Re: Help Decipher This Poem by yuzjet(m): 1:10pm On Feb 26, 2015
timpaker:

I think gonna take the next flight to America.... I think I know where the treasure is...... Who's coming with me? your job is to take photograph of me lifting the treasure. Hhehehehheh

How abt we make it an ultimate search grand finale and see who will get the treasure first?
Re: Help Decipher This Poem by timpaker(m): 1:57pm On Feb 26, 2015
yuzjet:

How abt we make it an ultimate search grand finale and see who will get the treasure first?

As you type, I am currently heading to the true spot for the treasure. Don't worry, I won't be greedy, you'll get a fair share when I return. Just wish me luck.
Re: Help Decipher This Poem by yuzjet(m): 9:00pm On Feb 26, 2015
timpaker:

As you type, I am currently heading to the true spot for the treasure. Don't worry, I won't be greedy, you'll get a fair share when I return. Just wish me luck.

Am already wishing u luck..... wink
Re: Help Decipher This Poem by Nobody: 8:41am On Feb 27, 2015
(As I have gone alone in there
And hint of riches new and old)

He carried his treasure to the location he intends to hide it. He then tasks us indirectly to be more observant at this stage. He gives the clue.

(Begin it where warm waters halt
Put in below the home of Brown)

The temperature of water changes when it leaves the ordinary environment. In sea waters, the temperature is reduced due to the salinity. I think he is talking about a particular waterfall in an ocean. I don't really know where Fenn's from but the fourth line here speaks about the location( nature of the trees, a state practising racism, or Rhodes Island). I think I will have to go with Rhodes Island. It fits so far. It is not far, but too far to walk because it is difficult to swim in such a water. The next stanza tells why.

(From there it's no place for the meek,
The end is ever drawing nigh;
There'll be no paddle up your creek,
Just heavy loads and water high)

The currents in this particular terrain need a rugged sailor to overcome. The water in this place experience the highest turbulence, if I can use the word. We narrow our search for such a water with highest current on the left.

(If you've been wise and found the blaze,
Look quickly down, your quest to cease,
But tarry scant with marvel gaze,
Just take the chest and go in peace).

At this point if you are on the right track you must have seen some signs as you look down. The problem is how you even identify what part of Rhodes he is about. Is it even Rhodes Island in the first place? Is the transition from warm water mainly a transition of the hearts of people from intolerance to tolerance in another region? Is he talking about brownian motion, as in, the degree of the movements of particles in the region. Is he making reference to where John Brown, the abolishonist was hanged? Or the Atlantic Ocean aroun?

Back to stanza. It still lays emphasise on the power of the current. The line 'but tarry scant with marvel gaze' reminds you to move quick without much celebration. Emphasizing on the flow of the current.

(So why is it that I must go
I've done it tired, and now I'm weak)

Cancer made him weak. He is tired. He has been on treasure hunting all this life. But this is a metaphoric expression. Life itself challenges us to seek the apex. The treasure.

(So hear me all and listen good,
I give you title to the gold)

This is a re-emphasise on stanza three and four. The wood signifies the same boldness he is been all about. Where it doesn't, our location changes.

In summary, I think the location is what we need know first. We can try out the two locations. The answer to that lies in stanza two. Once you solve that stanza you have your compass.

In other words, I don't know where. Lol.
Re: Help Decipher This Poem by yuzjet(m): 12:17pm On Feb 27, 2015
Reyginus:
(As I have gone alone in there
And hint of riches new and old)

He carried his treasure to the location he intends to hide it. He then tasks us indirectly to be more observant at this stage. He gives the clue.

(Begin it where warm waters halt
Put in below the home of Brown)

The temperature of water changes when it leaves the ordinary environment. In sea waters, the temperature is reduced due to the salinity. I think he is talking about a particular waterfall in an ocean. I don't really know where Fenn's from but the fourth line here speaks about the location( nature of the trees, a state practising racism, or Rhodes Island). I think I will have to go with Rhodes Island. It fits so far. It is not far, but too far to walk because it is difficult to swim in such a water. The next stanza tells why.

(From there it's no place for the meek,
The end is ever drawing nigh;
There'll be no paddle up your creek,
Just heavy loads and water high)

The currents in this particular terrain need a rugged sailor to overcome. The water in this place experience the highest turbulence, if I can use the word. We narrow our search for such a water with highest current on the left.

(If you've been wise and found the blaze,
Look quickly down, your quest to cease,
But tarry scant with marvel gaze,
Just take the chest and go in peace).

At this point if you are on the right track you must have seen some signs as you look down. The problem is how you even identify what part of Rhodes he is about. Is it even Rhodes Island in the first place? Is the transition from warm water mainly a transition of the hearts of people from intolerance to tolerance in another region? Is he talking about brownian motion, as in, the degree of the movements of particles in the region. Is he making reference to where John Brown, the abolishonist was hanged? Or the Atlantic Ocean aroun?

Back to stanza. It still lays emphasise on the power of the current. The line 'but tarry scant with marvel gaze' reminds you to move quick without much celebration. Emphasizing on the flow of the current.

(So why is it that I must go
I've done it tired, and now I'm weak)

Cancer made him weak. He is tired. He has been on treasure hunting all this life. But this is a metaphoric expression. Life itself challenges us to seek the apex. The treasure.

(So hear me all and listen good,
I give you title to the gold)

This is a re-emphasise on stanza three and four. The wood signifies the same boldness he is been all about. Where it doesn't, our location changes.

In summary, I think the location is what we need know first. We can try out the two locations. The answer to that lies in stanza two. Once you solve that stanza you have your compass.

In other words, I don't know where. Lol.

The location is somewhere in New Mexico where he lives. Check the hints given at the first page of this thread for more info u seek.
Re: Help Decipher This Poem by Nobody: 6:38pm On Feb 27, 2015
yuzjet:

The location is somewhere in New Mexico where he lives. Check the hints given at the first page of this thread for more info u seek.
Please show me.
Re: Help Decipher This Poem by yuzjet(m): 7:54pm On Feb 27, 2015
Reyginus:
Please show me.

Bring ur plasma!

undecided
Re: Help Decipher This Poem by Nobody: 8:07pm On Feb 27, 2015
yuzjet:

Bring ur plasma!

undecided
Let's get serious. Or are you repeating what you saw online?
Re: Help Decipher This Poem by Nobody: 3:46pm On Mar 22, 2015
~ Happy birthday saw..
Re: Help Decipher This Poem by JigsawKillah(m): 8:51pm On Mar 23, 2015
Darkrebel666:
~ Happy birthday saw..

thanks Boss

(1) (2) (Reply)

African Child's Testament! / Before I Self Destruct (psycho) / My Little Collections (an Anthology)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.