Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,253 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:36 AM

What Role Has Jesus Played In Our Knowing God Before God Sent Him To Earth? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Role Has Jesus Played In Our Knowing God Before God Sent Him To Earth? (1685 Views)

Could Prophet Mohammed Truly Be A God-sent? Pix / Is Glo Blackberry Subscription On Android Sin Before God. Pls Read This. / Fasting Because You Are Broke. Is It Acceptable Before God? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Role Has Jesus Played In Our Knowing God Before God Sent Him To Earth? by TaniCarr(f): 11:07am On Aug 29, 2006
I no people think different things but what do you think about Jesus and the role he played before God sent his spirit into the virgin mary.I notice most people don't think about Jesus's role in heaven before he came in the form of man.What do you believe?
I went to this site called angdatingdaan.org and it really opened my mind. This site is not for those who don't like to read and enpower themself. This is a site for those who don't run from a different out look but are open to things to either prove them wrong or to gain new knowledge.
Re: What Role Has Jesus Played In Our Knowing God Before God Sent Him To Earth? by olabowale(m): 9:50pm On Sep 04, 2006
The truth is that Jesus (AS), before he was born by his mother Mariam was just a soul like every one of the children of Adam. This is after Adam was created. Before then, only God the Almighty knows the condition of Adam and his children, Jesus being one of us. Jesus never had any role in even and God the Almighty is capable of handling His own responsibility, alone in His majesty. I declare that God is the only One to be worship and no one else. Do not worship Jesus, that will lead you to hellfire. However at one time during the time Jesus was on the earth and before Muhammad (AS) came to replace him, Jesus was the only one to be followed by the children of Israel who were the people to take obedience and worship of the One God to the rest of the world. However when the children failed in this special responsibility, God sent someone who is still from the bloodline of Ibrahiim through Ibrahiim's first child Ismail. This personality is Muhammad through him God perfected and reveal obedience to Him and it is directly available to everyone, every group, every race, every color, male and female. the special role of the Children of israel ended when Muhammad (AS) came on the world stage.
Re: What Role Has Jesus Played In Our Knowing God Before God Sent Him To Earth? by gigitte(f): 9:52pm On Sep 04, 2006
nah not true
jesus was the priest melchizedek in the OT that had no father or mother and was the high priest of salem and he disappeared after offering some sacrifices. i believe he was also the fourth dude in the fire with shadrack, meshach and abednego
Re: What Role Has Jesus Played In Our Knowing God Before God Sent Him To Earth? by olabowale(m): 10:36pm On Sep 04, 2006
@gigiffe; This is conjecture on your part since you have no real proof. You are a scientist, so think about it. i want you to read Qur'an, very thoroughly with sincerity.
Re: What Role Has Jesus Played In Our Knowing God Before God Sent Him To Earth? by gigitte(f): 1:07am On Sep 05, 2006
dude, im only interested in the koran for personal purposes. lol why should i look at the bible with a scientific mind when the bible is not science and does not claim to be
Re: What Role Has Jesus Played In Our Knowing God Before God Sent Him To Earth? by olabowale(m): 4:34am On Sep 05, 2006
@gigiffe
dudette, then read it. Maybe God will soften your heart and receive guidance.
Re: What Role Has Jesus Played In Our Knowing God Before God Sent Him To Earth? by jagunlabi(m): 11:51am On Sep 05, 2006
This post has got to be the biggest bullcrap of all post on this webboard!Lol!Look at the poster talking as if he saw the whole thing live!
The fact is,my friend,you don't know jack about Jesus;about creation;about God;about Adam,and so on.
Your blind conjectures are very amusing,indeed.
olabowale:

The truth is that Jesus (AS), before he was born by his mother Mariam was just a soul like every one of the children of Adam. This is after Adam was created. Before then, only God the Almighty knows the condition of Adam and his children, Jesus being one of us. Jesus never had any role in even and God the Almighty is capable of handling His own responsibility, alone in His majesty. I declare that God is the only One to be worship and no one else. Do not worship Jesus, that will lead you to hellfire. However at one time during the time Jesus was on the earth and before Muhammad (AS) came to replace him, Jesus was the only one to be followed by the children of Israel who were the people to take obedience and worship of the One God to the rest of the world. However when the children failed in this special responsibility, God sent someone who is still from the bloodline of Ibrahiim through Ibrahiim's first child Ismail. This personality is Muhammad through him God perfected and reveal obedience to Him and it is directly available to everyone, every group, every race, every color, male and female. the special role of the Children of israel ended when Muhammad (AS) came on the world stage.
Re: What Role Has Jesus Played In Our Knowing God Before God Sent Him To Earth? by olabowale(m): 12:10pm On Sep 05, 2006
@jagunlabi; thank you, i appreciate it.
Re: What Role Has Jesus Played In Our Knowing God Before God Sent Him To Earth? by Bobbyaf(m): 4:31pm On Sep 10, 2006
@ Tanicarr

I no people think different things but what do you think about Jesus and the role he played before God sent his spirit into the virgin mary.I notice most people don't think about Jesus's role in heaven before he came in the form of man.What do you believe?
I went to this site called angdatingdaan.org and it really opened my mind. This site is not for those who don't like to read and enpower themself. This is a site for those who don't run from a different out look but are open to things to either prove them wrong or to gain new knowledge.

I believe that Jesus existed before His incarnation, although He wasn't called Jesus then. John called Him the Word; Revelation called Him Michael the archangel, which means literally chief messenger or spokesperson. The JW's believe that Jesus because He's referred to as an angel had to have been created, but that isn't true. They havefailed to see the meaning of the expression "archangel"

Bear in mind too that the bible refers to Christ as the source of all things. He created all things and "by Him all things consist" or are held together by Him. So not only is Christ Creator or Co-Creator with the Father, but He sustains the entire universe. All the laws that govern the universe were made by Him.

Peace!
Re: What Role Has Jesus Played In Our Knowing God Before God Sent Him To Earth? by KAG: 6:45pm On Sep 10, 2006
What role did Einstein play in our understanding of gravity before he was born?
Re: What Role Has Jesus Played In Our Knowing God Before God Sent Him To Earth? by olabowale(m): 11:20pm On Sep 10, 2006
Except that people are aware that what goes up must come down. It is a common proverb/adage among the african tribes that nothing that is falling from the sky that the earth will not be able to take the impact.

Just because Einstein explained the nature of gravity, as is known today, did not mean that he had anything to do with it. Maybe in the future, a greater man than Einstein will give his generation a better and more thorough knowledge of Gravity.

God is always present. There was a time that Jesus never existed even as a Soul. There was a time that God was alone without any of His creations, even the Angels.
Jesus was alive for some time, yet God continue to be the Majestic. After jesus was raised up, this is by the Might of the Mighty God, God continue to be full in Might, Powerful

God remains the same in Fullness and every face shall perish, on earth, in heavens, including the Angels,Jibril, Michael etc. Even the Angels that carry the Throne of the Owner of the Throne Majestic. The Angel of death shall die as well. God the Almighty shall remain.

After all of these, He will recreat us from dead for the day of Judgement.

The Judgement belongs to Him, alone. No one will come to Him except as a servant/slave, under full Humility to the One Mighty in Power. I pray that we are not dying when this realization hit us. then it will be too late.
Re: What Role Has Jesus Played In Our Knowing God Before God Sent Him To Earth? by Nobody: 11:30pm On Sep 10, 2006
@ Olabowale

Dear, you are seriously in delusion! When in the Quran did Allah promise to "recreate" you for the judgement?
Re: What Role Has Jesus Played In Our Knowing God Before God Sent Him To Earth? by olabowale(m): 11:43pm On Sep 10, 2006
@Davidylan;
So you will not be raised up after you are long dead for Judgement day? It is easy for Allah the Almighty, He will raise our fore fathers and mothers up, starting from Adam, to the last generation of mankind that will live on the planet earth.
Oh, when jesus (AS), son of Mary comes back, he will out his remaining life and dies. he will be recreated by God, like all mankind before him and all that have came after his first appearance on earth, and so on. If you do not belief in this, then you never belief there will be a day of Judgement.

Therefore, I am finish with you. I have been cordial with you all along, disregarding your tirate, screams charging it to the cold weather of Rochester. But if you want to play ignorance then I will just leave you alone to your fate.
Re: What Role Has Jesus Played In Our Knowing God Before God Sent Him To Earth? by Nobody: 1:22am On Sep 11, 2006
olabowale:

@Davidylan;
So you will not be raised up after you are long dead for Judgement day? It is easy for Allah the Almighty, He will raise our fore fathers and mothers up, starting from Adam, to the last generation of mankind that will live on the planet earth.
Oh, when jesus (AS), son of Mary comes back, he will out his remaining life and dies. he will be recreated by God, like all mankind before him and all that have came after his first appearance on earth, and so on. If you do not belief in this, then you never belief there will be a day of Judgement.

Therefore, I am finish with you. I have been cordial with you all along, disregarding your tirate, screams charging it to the cold weather of Rochester. But if you want to play ignorance then I will just leave you alone to your fate.

You are better off refraining from speaking heresies! I believe in the resurrection and the judgement day AS CLEARLY DESCRIBED IN MY BIBLE! I do not believe in that fable in the quran of a judgement day, resurrection or recreation!
When did Allah raise anyone up from the dead or promise you he would raise your forefathers? Pls provide the scripture in the quran! Stop plagiarising biblical principles.

That nonsense you typed about "Jesus" is better left as the rantings of an ignorant heretic! As per "finishing with me", it is clear you like your other muslim brothers has run out of steam. It's evident you cant think up more lies to post. Much better to stay off than keep spamming this threads with your delusional posts!
Re: What Role Has Jesus Played In Our Knowing God Before God Sent Him To Earth? by olabowale(m): 11:25am On Sep 11, 2006
@Davidylan; You must be getting-off on this hardness of your tone. You are not going to drag me into your mess. you wanna wallow in the mud, hey bud, continue. I am sure its good for your ego.
Re: What Role Has Jesus Played In Our Knowing God Before God Sent Him To Earth? by KAG: 11:37am On Sep 11, 2006
olabowale:

Just because Einstein explained the nature of gravity, as is known today, did not mean that he had anything to do with it.

I know, that's why I phrased it the way I did: "What role did Einstein play in our understanding of gravity before he was born?

Maybe in the future, a greater man than Einstein will give his generation a better and more thorough knowledge of Gravity.

Undoubtedly.
Re: What Role Has Jesus Played In Our Knowing God Before God Sent Him To Earth? by Nobody: 6:24pm On Sep 11, 2006
olabowale:

@Davidylan; You must be getting-off on this hardness of your tone. You are not going to drag me into your mess. you want to wallow in the mud, hey bud, continue. I am sure its good for your ego.

And you're also welcome to continue groping in thick darkness pretending to worship a "creator"!
Re: What Role Has Jesus Played In Our Knowing God Before God Sent Him To Earth? by TaniCarr(f): 9:21am On Oct 25, 2006
Very interesting theories. I notice that youe guys don't agree on how Jesus started but one thing I notice is that all of you believe that Jesus is not God but a servant.I think that God made Jesus and I think that Jesus was called "the word".I think that where the bible says in the beginning the word with with God and the word was god that he was talking about Jesus. I believe that we are all gods who serve one master and that is God the maker of heaven and earth.I thing Jesus was a very important god,who carried out,not his will but the will of the master the almighty God.I think that God has the choice of doing things however he wants to but he chooses to use Jesus.I think that Jesus was created to serve us,because God loves us more than any other creation including the angels,because the angels serve us because God wants it that way.I think that God made Jesus the High Priest,because God can do all things but one thing he can never do or shall I say experiance is hardship,adversity,strife,and temptations.so he sent Jesus to experiance all these things.I think that God loves us so much that he wanted to know how to understand why we keep messing up.Jesus is in the best position of all to judge,even better than God,because Jesus was holy and he got to experiance all the things we experiance in the flesh.He can talk for us and review our "cases" with more sympathy because he understands to some extint.I think Jesus was used in so many ways.I think Jesus was given some authority in the beginning and he stayed on track(unlike the devil who wanted to replace God) so God kept using him and in the end he receive a very great reward he became high Priest)I think Jesus could have joined forces with the devil but he chose to stick with God.What do you think.Please keep in mind that I am a "baby in the Lord" and still learning everyday.
Re: What Role Has Jesus Played In Our Knowing God Before God Sent Him To Earth? by olabowale(m): 10:45am On Oct 25, 2006
@Tanicarr; On this thread, I read your ndescriptions of Jesus (AS), along with others . You called him all kind of entity, from angel, archangel, created, the word and at long last the he was God and even better than God to judge!

My sister, before Jesus was created by God, is it your opinion that God did not speak, hence did not have audible voice? I wonder when did God have voice, whereby when He speaks, His words can be heard? Were the Angels of God not created before Adam, the first man, who was created before Jesus? When Jesus came to the earth through his birth by his mother, was Michael (The Archangel, according to you), still among the Angels? In other word, was Michael, playing Jesus on earth and 'Archangel' in heaven?

The allusion to Jesus being Angel, Archangel, God and even better than God and therefore he is capable than God to issue Judgement is wrong! What Jesus is, is just prophet of God to his ward, the Children of israel, who he ministered to. He was also created. See Jesus never overstepped his boundary! God' words are always audible to the intended hearers; The Angels of God, eg, Angel gabriel. Also, to Prophet Moses, in many instances, eg, at the burning bush! What you need now is really to find the real process of worshipping God, without any wrong fundamental approach.
Re: What Role Has Jesus Played In Our Knowing God Before God Sent Him To Earth? by Aggressa(m): 1:40pm On Oct 25, 2006
Dear Tanicarr,
With the number of "I think" in your most recent post, it shows you think a lot and looking for understanding; that is very good. But you need to be careful of some "non-thinkers" with 'Jesus-phobia' who say all sorts of heretic and unfounded things in trying to explain 'Jesus' whom they do not know and quoting from scriptures written by people who did not "know" Jesus as Lord. Is that not silly? just like trying to explain biblical miracles by using the magics of Professor Peller of Ibadan, what has light got to do with darkness?. What you need now is to add "reading" to the "thinking" and the wisdom will come.
For example:
Read Micah 5 vs 2 and John 8 vs 58 to know for certainty about the existence of the pre-incarnate Jesus.
Read Isaiah 7 vs 14, and 9 vs 6 to know that Jesus is God as prophesied by Isaiah the prophet.
Read Matthew 28:19 to know the existence of the Trinity as God the Father, Son and the Holy Spirit.
Read Luke 3:22 to know or 'hear' the declaration of Jesus as the Son of God, as announced by God himself.
The purpose of these readings is for you to first establish the divinity, pre-existence and sonship of Jesus Christ; after these, we can now go into the various roles and appearances of Jesus as the pre-incarnate Lord in the old testament where you will see God the father exercising authority through the pre-incarnate Lord (Jesus) as the channel of that authority.
My dear, to get understanding, don't rely on me or some 'deluded heretics' but rather rely on reading the true scriptures (i.e Bible) yourself to get a foundation of understanding (which we all need), and then move on to discussions.
Peace.
Re: What Role Has Jesus Played In Our Knowing God Before God Sent Him To Earth? by Mckybarf(m): 4:00pm On Nov 04, 2012
TaniCarr: I no people think different things but what do you think about Jesus and the role he played before God sent his spirit into the virgin mary.I notice most people don't think about Jesus's role in heaven before he came in the form of man.What do you believe?
Jesus was there from the very beginning and has always been around. It says somewhere in the bible that the prophets who spoke in times past about the coming Messiah, sought to know what moment and time that the Spirit of Christ in them pointed to. In fact they wanted to know when Christ's glory would be revealled. It was the Spirit of Christ that was speaking through them.

(1) (Reply)

Stories From Sunday School / As A Christian What Can You Do When You Are Hot? / Contradiction In Proverbs? Answering Fools

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.