Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,434 members, 7,819,577 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:23 PM

How To Avoid Being Lured Into Cultism! - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How To Avoid Being Lured Into Cultism! (5326 Views)

Do You Know The New Phase Of Cultism In Nigeria Today? / Cultism: A Threat To The Tomorrow Of Leaders Of Tomorrow / Reasons Why You Should Avoid Cultism. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Avoid Being Lured Into Cultism! by jokhen10: 11:40pm On Feb 25, 2015
I have been wondering at the fast rate of the spread of cultism, inspite of all the dangers of cultism that was brought to our notice and differents reasons why we should not engage in such wicked activity. My question is, why are we ignoring this dangers and embracing the menace called cultism? Any one's got the answer?
Re: How To Avoid Being Lured Into Cultism! by b3llo(m): 11:47pm On Feb 25, 2015
Let the fear of God rule your heart, and avoid bad company, and STAY AWAY FROM GIRLS... Thank me later.

2 Likes

Re: How To Avoid Being Lured Into Cultism! by jokhen10: 11:51pm On Feb 25, 2015
b3llo:
Let the fear of God rule your heart, and avoid bad company, and STAY AWAY FROM GIRLS... Thank me later.
Trust me bro, some of this guys feared GOD b4 being lured, and some still do,, in der own little way......No kidding man.
Re: How To Avoid Being Lured Into Cultism! by Nobody: 11:52pm On Feb 25, 2015
main reason guys go into cultism is to impress some bit.ches that aint loyal, stay away from bit.ches and your stay in school will be sweet
Re: How To Avoid Being Lured Into Cultism! by jokhen10: 11:54pm On Feb 25, 2015
edozie04:
main reason guys go into cultism is to impress some bit.ches that aint loyal, stay away from bit.ches and your stay in school will be sweet
hmmmm, great one mate, but dats lyk telling a kid not to play!
Re: How To Avoid Being Lured Into Cultism! by Nobody: 12:00am On Feb 26, 2015
jokhen10:
hmmmm, great one mate, but dats lyk telling a kid not to play!
play is allowed but not with bit.ches
Re: How To Avoid Being Lured Into Cultism! by jokhen10: 1:05am On Feb 26, 2015
edozie04:
play is allowed but not with bit.ches
Aiiiiit, great! got that bro! big ups
Re: How To Avoid Being Lured Into Cultism! by Nobody: 6:08am On Feb 26, 2015
The primary reason young people join cult is just to satisfy the natural hunger to feel important.

1 Like

Re: How To Avoid Being Lured Into Cultism! by jokhen10: 6:51am On Feb 26, 2015
AwesomelyMade:
The primary reason young people join cult is just to satisfy the natural hunger to feel important.
yeah bro, but that is for people who jooned willingly, der are some who craved no such feeling of importance, buy wer just cajoled one way or d oda to join.

1 Like

Re: How To Avoid Being Lured Into Cultism! by ruudnisterooy1(m): 8:02am On Feb 26, 2015
There are many reasons why people delve into cultism.

For some it's a freewill... But some unfortunate ones are coerced into joining.

However, one can choose to refuse being a member at all cost while doing these;

1. Avoid bad company at all cost. I know this one sounds obvious... But a guy who is really determined to keep away has his starting point in this cliche advice.

Evil communication they say, corrupts good manners; it's that simple!

2. Be selective of the parties you attend on campus - some people don't even attend at all.

3. Be peaceful with all. I knew a guy in 100Level who made trouble with a cultist at a viewing centre, without knowing the guy is a cultist. As the story went, the dude tracked him home with his 'boys' and they severely dealt with him.

He became angry and decided he was going to revenge... What was his revenge? He went to 'blend'... Dude was killed when we were in 300L. Shot at Ekosodin - anyone who knows this place know how tough it is -. He would have being able to avoid all that disaster if he had kept his cool that day at the viewing centre.

4. Learn to channel your exuberance to good and productive causes.

5. Be active in your campus fellowship. Whether you're a christian, a muslim or whatever... Just make sure you attend and/or are active in whatever is being done in your fellowships.

'cause with what I experienced in school, those guys know the people they can walk up to and coerce into joining them; and a 'that-guy-too-they-go-church' kinda person is not on that list.

Finally, this doesn't concern the students... It's more a task that I think should be implemented by management to reduce the bane of cultism on our campuses:

** To make cultism unattractive and an unnecessary option, there must be improved facilities and living conditions on campuses so as to minimize perceived strain in the social system which underlines cultism on our campuses.

Our institutions must be overhauled inorder to be capable of providing for all who live within them and be able to correct the injustices against any student or group of students by peaceful and lawful means.

#My thoughts.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To Avoid Being Lured Into Cultism! by jokhen10: 10:48am On Feb 26, 2015
ruudnisterooy1:
There are many reasons why people delve into cultism.

For some it's a freewill... But some unfortunate ones are coerced into joining.

However, one can choose to refuse being a member at all cost while doing these;

1. Avoid bad company at all cost. I know this one sounds obvious... But a guy who is really determined to keep away has his starting point in this cliche advice.

Evil communication they say, corrupts good manners; it's that simple!

2. Be selective of the parties you attend on campus - some people don't even attend at all.

3. Be peaceful with all. I knew a guy in 100Level who made trouble with a cultist at a viewing centre, without knowing the guy is a cultist. As the story went, the dude tracked him home with his 'boys' and they severely dealt with him.

He became angry and decided he was going to revenge... What was his revenge? He went to 'blend'... Dude was killed when we were in 300L. Shot at Ekosodin - anyone who knows this place know how tough it is -. He would have being able to avoid all that disaster if he had kept his cool that day at the viewing centre.

4. Learn to channel your exuberance to good and productive causes.

5. Be active in your campus fellowship. Whether you're a christian, a muslim or whatever... Just make sure you attend and/or are active in whatever is being done in your fellowships.

'cause with what I experienced in school, those guys know the people they can walk up to and coerce into joining them; and a 'that-guy-too-they-go-church' kinda person is not on that list.

Finally, this doesn't concern the students... It's more a task that I think should be implemented by management to reduce the bane of cultism on our campuses:

** To make cultism unattractive and an unnecessary option, there must be improved facilities and living conditions on campuses so as to minimize perceived strain in the social system which underlines cultism on our campuses.

Our institutions must be overhauled inorder to be capable of providing for all who live within them and be able to correct the injustices against any student or group of students by peaceful and lawful means.

#My thoughts.
wow! nice one mate! you could write a textbook out of this one.....and i assure you it'd become a best seller.............i hope the powers that be are reading yout last suggestions.

1 Like

Re: How To Avoid Being Lured Into Cultism! by armadeo(m): 12:27pm On Feb 26, 2015
Coerced

I don't think so. I knew a lot of them back in the days and nine was coerced. They wanted it and joined. I don't know how true but I heard that you had to apply and fill forms. So how is one coerced. They bought the form for you?

Cultism is bad. Many have dies in issues they had no idea about.

Say no to cultism.
Re: How To Avoid Being Lured Into Cultism! by simdam500(m): 4:47pm On Feb 26, 2015
Seated.... embarassed

So, how do I do away with the feelings of wanting to join the cultist group?
Re: How To Avoid Being Lured Into Cultism! by ruudnisterooy1(m): 9:30pm On Feb 26, 2015
Thanks man... And lol @the textbook part.

Problem with the country is that, even if the powers that be get to read meaningful suggestions _ which they do everyday, anyway - they wouldn't do a thing about it. It's like that.
jokhen10:
wow! nice one mate! you could write a textbook out of this one.....and i assure you it'd become a best seller.............i hope the powers that be are reading yout last suggestions.
Re: How To Avoid Being Lured Into Cultism! by jokhen10: 9:10pm On Mar 13, 2015
simdam500:
Seated.... embarassed

1st mate sit down n ask your self dis questions.
1. Wat do i stand to gain?
2. Wat do i stand to lose?
...... have u done dat already?
...... if yes, do u hav d answers?
...... if no, den permit me to answer for u.
What do u stand to gain?
1.Of course, popularity(negative though).
2.Attention from gals who are more or less glorified whores!
3.Fear from students.
4.A feeling of negative importance!
5.Automatic license to most parties.

What do u stand to lose?
1. Freedom(of movement, of doing things as normal students for fear of d unknown.)
2.Your education( most seldom graduates)
3.Your dream( since no serious learning is achieved, no dream is created so no future guaranteed!)
4.Right to fair hearing lost( since one is a renowned cultist, wen accused of anything, who wud bliv he/she didnt comit d crime even if they didnt?)
5Above all your life( really! do i need to emphasize on dis?)
when u re tru readn dis n u still hav dat feeling, go see a Pastor, psychiatrist, imam!

1 Like

Re: How To Avoid Being Lured Into Cultism! by jokhen10: 9:15pm On Mar 13, 2015
simdam500:
Seated.... embarassed

simdam500:
Seated.... embarassed

1st mate sit down n ask your self dis questions.
1. Wat do i stand to gain?
2. Wat do i stand to lose?
...... have u done dat already?
...... if yes, do u hav d answers?
...... if no, den permit me to answer for u.
What do u stand to gain?
1.Of course, popularity(negative though).
2.Attention from gals who are more or less glorified whores!
3.Fear from students.
4.A feeling of negative importance!
5.Automatic license to most parties.

What do u stand to lose?
1. Freedom(of movement, of doing things as normal students for fear of d unknown.)
2.Your education( most seldom graduates)
3.Your dream( since no serious learning is achieved, no dream is created so no future guaranteed!)
4.Right to fair hearing lost( since one is a renowned cultist, wen accused of anything, who wud bliv he/she didnt comit d crime even if they didnt?)
5Above all your life( really! do i need to emphasize on dis?)
when u re tru readn dis n u still hav dat feeling, go see a Pastor, psychiatrist, imam!
Re: How To Avoid Being Lured Into Cultism! by simdam500(m): 9:21pm On Mar 13, 2015
jokhen10:

I guess I'll have to see the above people as soon as possible undecided
Re: How To Avoid Being Lured Into Cultism! by jokhen10: 9:32pm On Mar 13, 2015
simdam500:

I guess I'll have to see the above people as soon as possible undecided
dnt waste tym bro....u dnt need it dey'll refer u bak to me anyway!

(1) (Reply)

10 Types Of Girls You Will Find In A Nigeria University / 7 Interbreed Animals That Exist That Will Blow Your Mind / School Reject Corper Due To Religious Differences - Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.